The perfect is the enemy of the good.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely going through this thread adding people
  • paulzli
    paulzli Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    After spending 5 min scrolling that I will never get back, I find it ironic that OP had one of those "looking for those looking to lose 50+".
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Well, if it's any consolation, I eat McD's frequently and don't plan on dying any day soon.

Now if they're eating McDonald's and not working out ( inconsistent with anything) or eating too much of it (which how would you know that) and crying bout how they can't lose weight, then put them on blast for sure! :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    screw_you_guys_im_going_home.gif

0c0417c58947b0f
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    FJPgmRr.gif

Can't. Breathe. Laughing.

Edit: had to grab a smaller one. :grumble:

The whale is my favorite.
    me too!
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options
    I think if someone asked my opinion on why they werent losing weight and I looked at their diary and say it was full of crap....I might give my opinion. Other than that, I look at their overall macros or try to get ideas for some great food low in calories.

Maybe its a personal preference but I dont need anyone to hold me accountable, if I cant hold myself accountable then I will never succeed. I didnt join MFP to be judged for my choices and if I had a MFP friend that did that to me...no longer a MFP friend, as simple as that.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    You should add me. I look forward to the stern lectures as I log my beer and pizza.

Lol I followed you in here. You have one of the best diaries. :drinker:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    FJPgmRr.gif

It's the arm flails. I was laughing so hard I turned red and DH just looked at me with a "oooookay" look and asked if I was going to be okay. :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    What if they exercised a lot of those cals off OP?

drivethrough-498x374.jpg
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    SNICKERS_zps92e77037.png

(just a small portion of my food diary from a couple of days ago)

I enjoyed every creamy, gooey, nutty bit of that damn Snickers bar. Why? Because I stayed within my limits *and* because I logged it.

You know what, OP? I don't think I like you very much.:smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    FJPgmRr.gif

It's the arm flails. I was laughing so hard I turned red and DH just looked at me with a "oooookay" look and asked if I was going to be okay. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    SNICKERS_zps92e77037.png

(just a small portion of my food diary from a couple of days ago)

I enjoyed every creamy, gooey, nutty bit of that damn Snickers bar. Why? Because I stayed within my limits *and* because I logged it.

You know what, OP? I don't think I like you very much.:smile:
    Please elaborate.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    You know there's a way to burn the McDonald's calories even before they are consumed right?

Maybe your FL person is doing just that.

ciga-fry.jpg
  • cuteandfunsized
    cuteandfunsized Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    I'm new around here and I don't always make the best choices and I'm not sure how this whole calorie thing works. I do know that I almost never make my calorie goal,meaning I'm always under. I don't snack,I just don't get hungry. My weight gain is another issue entirely different. My doctor says I don't eat enough. Since she told me that I've been forcing myself to eat more. I'm actually losing. I might eat a banana for breakfast and maybe an orange for lunch,not much right? But more than I did before. So now at the end of the day my diary says I still have 800 calories left and I have a 1200 calorie limit. So who cares if I decide to eat out and use most of them on a burger? Like I said. I'm new to calorie counting and that may be a bad way to use them but I know if I don't the thing comes on and says how unhealthy it is to not consume all your calories. So bad choices maybe,but helpful,not critical advice is okay.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

I don't see a problem with it. If they're brave enough to post what they ate after a bad day, they definitely should at least get a "like" for doing it. That person could easily just not post at all for the day and stay in the dark being ashamed at what they've done and fall off the wagon so to speak. I'm sure some people just see if a person is under their caloric intake (which could still happen if they stop at McD's or somewhere else) and hit the like button or write good job or any other variant.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above people who have posted. The fact that you admit you might have McDonald's or Pizza and are scared of that means you still have an unhealthy relationship with food. I have plenty of friends who are fit/health and make "bad choices".

There isn't anything wrong, in my view, with the occasional pizza or fast-food--in moderation. In fact, most (if not all) of the fast-food places have calorie charts posted onsite and online so you can see exactly what you're getting.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    You know there's a way to burn the McDonald's calories even before they are consumed right?

Maybe your FL person is doing just that.

ciga-fry.jpg

Damn I'm fiening now :glasses:
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

Elaborate on what? *scratches head with a blank look*:huh: