Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    something tells me that the OP would be absolutely horrified by my diary. ask me if i care....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    1e2d8577d5b4e5844ebe6d5c4a8394a6.jpg
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

Mr. Judgey McJudgerson:

So, we should then be all up in your business because you drink 400 calories worth of coffee a day? How about leaving some for the rest of us? :)

Pot. Kettle. Black, bro. (pun intentional)

I'm a grown man making my own choices, and the 1st person who flames me for what's in my diary gets the hook. My life, my choices. I have parents, and am not currently advertising for additional ones. We all get there in our own way, and carry our own baggage. And you have no idea whats in my luggage, sir.

You may have meant well, but if I want someone to evaluate my daily food choices, I'll contact a professional nutritionist.

I think your next pot of coffee is about brewed now - have a good evening. :)

Fsunami
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    something tells me that the OP would be absolutely horrified by my diary. ask me if i care....

Ben and Jerry are never wrong. Ever.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    xfRTjYKDFq.png
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    If a friend of mine ate like that every single day, and didn't eat anything except junk, then I'd comment. I'd also comment if they ate fewer than 1200 calories. I personally don't really eat junk food as I don't enjoy it and don't feel it helps my weight loss, but everyone is different.

I have deleted a couple of people as their diary was full of junk every single day, and it was starting to annoy me!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    If a friend of mine ate like that every single day, and didn't eat anything except junk, then I'd comment. I'd also comment if they ate fewer than 1200 calories. I personally don't really eat junk food as I don't enjoy it and don't feel it helps my weight loss, but everyone is different.

I have deleted a couple of people as their diary was full of junk every single day, and it was starting to tempt me!
    FIFY :flowerforyou:
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^
    This is me too.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    *has a special* I walked right on into that one, ya'll! :drinker: :smokin:

:laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

It's OK, I get those same feelings about Almond Snickers IYKWIM :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Just giving ya' a little...

.. hell. :wink:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I find this particularly hilarious coming from a guy that manages to somehow get 400+ calories from "coffee with cream" on a regular basis.

I mean, dang. That's a pretty cruddy choice, and yet, obviously is perfectly okay with you?

We all have different perceptions of food. Me, I have a 3300 calorie intake goal many days. If I didn't eat french fries on some days, I would be way under.

Then again, if I was a grown man with an intake goal under 1500 calories, I'd be pretty grumpy too, I would think...
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Ben and Jerry are never wrong. Ever.

and neither are Jeni, Steve, or Phin & Phebes!
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say I like this thread; I'm getting an opportunity to converse with people outside of the ones in my head (and the ones living in the creases of the wallpaper). That, and there's an aroma of roasting turkey floating throughout my house. Good company, yummy scents, and people cussin' at someone. Yup, it's just like a Thanksgiving Day football game...MFP-style. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Y'all so angry and mean. Probably from all those empty carbs you fit into your calorie allowances :P

I've actually never met a bigger bunch of mean spirited hungry people who will defend their right to eat McDonalds and Pizza while attacking anyone and everyone who dares post a comment or question on the forum.

Maybe you should try reducing the junkfood a little, make sure you get enough protein, and upping the saturated fat in your diet. You'll feel so much better, and alot less *****y and judgemental.

<3

Not sure if serious....

ahh...frighteningly, they are....all teh lulz....
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    He puts butter in his coffee....

ETA: Oops he's keto, not paleo. My bad -_-
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Why does Pizza always get treated like the Red Headed Step Child of the "diet" world?

Seriously?

I'm a Runner and Pizza is PERFECTION!

Carbs, Calcium, Protein, Fat, Sodium, Sugar....

OMFG.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Also,

"Bullet Proof Coffee" is NOT Paleo.

It's a Hipster trend. A phase.

Paleo is based on how Cavemen ate.

Last I checked...

Cavemen didn't have coffee-pots...

or butter...
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

It's OK, I get those same feelings about Almond Snickers IYKWIM :wink: :wink: :wink:

It's a magical feeling. People should have "alone time" when Snickers Almond is even mentioned. :blushing: :wink:

Just giving ya' a little...

.. hell. :wink:

It's all good! :drinker: I like having some fun! Especially when I pull some stupid stuff! (and you'll realize, I do it an awful lot! *LOL*)

a368817e39899482b335c864e1c6534b.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I wish I could do that :frown: