Sarcastic Heifer

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    *pokes head in sees gifs decides to stay for a bit*

Oh and there are some great ones here so far...and I laughed even tho my abs hurt.

OP by the way you did start the post with blaming everyone but yourself...for being well you and what you look like...

wonder how long this one will last...in for rage quit too.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I have integrated fitness into my life, it isn't just a diet, challenge, etc., I don't do gimmicks like pyramid fitness products or cleanses, it is just eating a set amount of calories, balancing macros, and exercising as often as I can. Fitness is on my mind everyday, just like brushing my teeth, shaving, using deodorant,showering, etc. It isn't optional. I am accountable to myself, but have a number of MFP friends of varying levels of fitness that are active and dedicated that I enjoy encouraging and also enjoy their encouragement! Feel free to friend me, and hopefully you'll stick with it and become the fit person you deserve to be!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This thread...

Arsenio_AHHHHR.gif

THis one made my already sore belly hurt...but it was worth it...oh and the cat eating/hugging pizza...reminds me of some folks here.
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Girl, I wish that was it! Hahaha! It would be much easier to blame this gut on him! :)
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just so much "No" here.

No, your friend doesn't have a leg up because of the adipex.
    No, you should not be jealous of her meds.
    No, your kids didn't trash your body.
    No, you're probably not ready to take it seriously this time.

All of which is fine. Almost anyone who has had real success at this will tell you that they had a dozen false starts. You fake it til you make it. You go through the motions until it clicks. You'll know it clicked when you wake up and realize that none of that ****, not the meds or the kids or husband with the Doritos, none of it matters. There are a million perfectly valid reasons to do it right tomorrow. There are a million perfectly valid reasons not to. It's not about the reasons. All that matters is which side of the ledger you choose your reasons from when you wake up in the morning. The rest is just mental and emotional *kitten*.

I think I love you.

So what am I so afraid of?
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    OMG Nacho cheese.... you're killing me. lol
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP very long, but I have not seen more obtuse deliberate misinterpretations of an OP yet.... but on a brighter note, I have also never read a thread that attracted so many people who are clearly the smartest people in the room...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Just so much "No" here.

No, your friend doesn't have a leg up because of the adipex.
    No, you should not be jealous of her meds.
    No, your kids didn't trash your body.
    No, you're probably not ready to take it seriously this time.

All of which is fine. Almost anyone who has had real success at this will tell you that they had a dozen false starts. You fake it til you make it. You go through the motions until it clicks. You'll know it clicked when you wake up and realize that none of that ****, not the meds or the kids or husband with the Doritos, none of it matters. There are a million perfectly valid reasons to do it right tomorrow. There are a million perfectly valid reasons not to. It's not about the reasons. All that matters is which side of the ledger you choose your reasons from when you wake up in the morning. The rest is just mental and emotional *kitten*.

I think I love you.

So what am I so afraid of?

I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
    A love there is no cure for.

keith-partridge-o.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OP, keep quoting yourself if that makes you feel better and more empowered by your laundry list of excuses.

It's fine.

It doesn't change the fact that your willpower is the driving force behind every action you make in life and until you find it within yourself to rise above, you can keep that list and pin it somewhere pretty...... Maybe on the fridge?

kid.gif?w=1000
    that kid gives me the heebie jeebies!

Me too!
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    OP, keep quoting yourself if that makes you feel better and more empowered by your laundry list of excuses.

It's fine.

It doesn't change the fact that your willpower is the driving force behind every action you make in life and until you find it within yourself to rise above, you can keep that list and pin it somewhere pretty...... Maybe on the fridge?

kid.gif?w=1000
    that kid gives me the heebie jeebies!

I have watched this for WAAAAYY too long. So weird. Major heebie jeebies!
  • DanaLash
    Options
    SO, let me ask an honest question: Is it common to just gang up on the newbs and 1.) get all self-righteous and preachy 2.) gif 3.) be pricks? And are there like set groups on MFP? Like on Mean Girls?
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    SO, let me ask an honest question: Is it common to just gang up on the newbs and 1.) get all self-righteous and preachy 2.) gif 3.) be pricks? And are there like set groups on MFP? Like on Mean Girls?

On every single message board ever? Yes.

This group is nothing compared to wedding/parenting boards.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

Lol... I think you got it covered...
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes. Clearly.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options

You joined MFP in Aug 2010...your newb probation period ended a LONG time ago.
  • DanaLash
    Options
    This must be why I never really used the message boards.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options

1. Yes
    3. Yes
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This thread...

Arsenio_AHHHHR.gif

THis one made my already sore belly hurt...but it was worth it...oh and the cat eating/hugging pizza...reminds me of some folks here.

5c728310cc2910f9bb27dc2141df56bb.jpg

Me... it must be reminding you of me *omnomnoms* ;)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Yes, yes and yes. Stick around, seriously. Nobody was being intentionally mean, it's just that most of us who are on the losing side started out saying similar things, then we learned it was all on us. We had to make the changes to get where we wanted to be, regardless of what everyone around us was eating, or losing. And anyway, who doesn't love a good cat gif?

dncincat.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Here's the thing...

I didn't really see where anyone ganged up on you. Tell you everything you said was excuses? Yes. Do you know why? Because we all had those very same (or similar) excuses at one point or another. It's all about personal responsibility, and yes, you've said you know you're fat because you eat ________...but in your OP, it's your husband's doritos, it was your kids, etc. Everything came off as an excuse and again, every single one of us has been there. I think a lot of people are just trying to get you to see that. To try to save you some time. Because the truth is, you'll never lose the weight until you take full responsibility, don't post about it being x, y, z why you're over weight, and really own it and want to make changes. Until then you'll just be treading water.

Whether you liked what people said or not, that's the truth. People aren't being self righteous, if you take a step back, take emotion out of the equation, open yourself up to honest criticism - which I know is hard - and maybe go back thru the thread and see what people were really actually trying to say to you.

Gifs...yes. Because gifs can be cute and funny. Losing weight can get way too serious and sometimes, we all need a laugh. They are also used to try to lighten the mood.

Just an FYI - calling people pricks and such is against the TOS of the site. So is all the F bombs you dropped. I'm not offended, I'm just letting you know...some people may report you for that.
This discussion has been closed.