Sarcastic Heifer

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    This must be why I never really used the message boards.

Because you want to make posts whining without taking any responsibility? Cute. Stay classy.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    SO, let me ask an honest question: Is it common to just gang up on the newbs and 1.) get all self-righteous and preachy 2.) gif 3.) be pricks? And are there like set groups on MFP? Like on Mean Girls?

honestly? I've read most of the responses and I didn't see any where anyone ganged up on you. You might want to trade our your sarcastic for sensitive, because while it may not have been what you wanted to hear, I really think most people were trying to offer some solid advice. Heck, some were even only being sarcastic in return....

And, yes to gifs. We love us some gifs.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Anyway...I have three kids who I love more than life itself. But they TRASHED my body.

Wait.

Your three kids forced you to eat at a calorie surplus and then continue to eat at a higher maintenance level over an extended period of time? I'm pretty sure children don't actually have this ability.

You've obviously never met my kids...

If they can make a grown adult consistently eat thousands of calories more than they want to, I don't think I want to meet them.

When I do this, it's because I've chosen to do it myself.

My kids drove me to drink.

And I didn't even have the decency to thank them...

Mine drove me to drink AND the poor house :huh:
    Is that even a thing these days?...'the poor house'? or is that akin to walking barefoot to school uphilll both ways?
    vh5e89.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    CRYBABY-TELLING-THE-TRUTH.jpeg
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    SO, let me ask an honest question: Is it common to just gang up on the newbs and 1.) get all self-righteous and preachy 2.) gif 3.) be pricks? And are there like set groups on MFP? Like on Mean Girls?

Here's the thing...

I didn't really see where anyone ganged up on you. Tell you everything you said was excuses? Yes. Do you know why? Because we all had those very same (or similar) excuses at one point or another. It's all about personal responsibility, and yes, you've said you know you're fat because you eat ________...but in your OP, it's your husband's doritos, it was your kids, etc. Everything came off as an excuse and again, every single one of us has been there. I think a lot of people are just trying to get you to see that. To try to save you some time. Because the truth is, you'll never lose the weight until you take full responsibility, don't post about it being x, y, z why you're over weight, and really own it and want to make changes. Until then you'll just be treading water.

Whether you liked what people said or not, that's the truth. People aren't being self righteous, if you take a step back, take emotion out of the equation, open yourself up to honest criticism - which I know is hard - and maybe go back thru the thread and see what people were really actually trying to say to you.

Gifs...yes. Because gifs can be cute and funny. Losing weight can get way too serious and sometimes, we all need a laugh. They are also used to try to lighten the mood.

Just an FYI - calling people pricks and such is against the TOS of the site. So is all the F bombs you dropped. I'm not offended, I'm just letting you know...some people may report you for that.

FNcWTD5.gif
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

OP, Honestly F everything. Are you here to analyze the message board attitude or to take control of your health?

You'll never know what's the reason behind any of this 10 pages of comments. Did you re-join/join MFP for that. If yes, go ahead post 10 more questions.
  • hookilau
    Options
    No, no, no...ok, here is the deal. You misunderstand completely. First of all, whoever made the hyberbole dig. I dig it. I dig it MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DUG ANYTHING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING. Really, it was hilarious.

I believe I made it clear right from the jump that I'm not a touchy feely kind of person. Like, didn't I say that immediately? Yeah, I did. But, allow me to explain since everyone wants to jump my ****.

1. When I said my kids trashed my body, I did not mean that my kids made me fat. I made me fat. Not that it is any of your business but apparently I need to explain because otherwise I'll be thrown to the MFP wolves up in this *****. I mean that my second child caused massive health issues. And then when I went to have the surgery to treat said health issues, I found out I was pregnant with my third. I spent my third pregnancy on complete bedrest. After my third was born, I had a very complicated and scary hysterectomy. By trashed my body, I meant that in the literal sense. So, suck it.

2. My friend who was prescribed adipex DOES have a leg up on me. She has an amphetamine coursing through her veins giving her energy everyday. Can I just go buy some meth? No, no I cannot. I don't care what you say. I openly admit, I have zero will power. I am a mother of three tiny energy thieves and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. You can tell me that I just have to find the motivation myself. Well, no ****, Sherlock. Why do you think I'm on this site to begin with?

3. I didn't ask for people to give me reassuring lovey messages or advice, did I? I didn't ask for judgement, correct? All I said was, if any other people who just occasionally need a kick in the *kitten* wanna get in on this thing together, let me know. That was it.

*****es be crazy.

In regards to number 2, all I hear are excuses.

^Ditto this. Anybody can buy meth.

QFT!

OP, I wish you the best, but...welcome to the forums. If you come in with a notion that is wrong, you will hear about it. Multiple times.

So, I'm sure this will be seen as combative, but what the hell...who are any of you to decide which of my notions are wrong?

Also, most of the people giving me "advice" are on this site for the same reason I am...you're out of shape. Hey Pot, this is Kettle. You're black. Also, shut up.

annnnnd GO!
    giphy.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this was already on my clipboard so i'm pasting it here too.

oprahbees.gif

this thread's been a hoot to read.
    i think i filled 3 bingo cards.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Tough love: showing you that eventually, you'll realize it's time to stop wallowing in your own *kitten* excuses and do the work.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

There's got to be a gif for this.... wait... wait... yes... there is!
    2b6857fa7201f1470f30d76a12625138.jpg

In all seriousness... most of this is in good fun. Dig out that sarcastic humor and roll with it OP!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to make fetch happen... it's not going to happen.
  • hookilau
    Options
    oh nooooooOOOOooo!

[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_inline_mhgnn6zMni1qz4rgp.gif[/img]

:explode: rushing to read the last 8 pages before the lock!
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Here's the thing...

I didn't really see where anyone ganged up on you. Tell you everything you said was excuses? Yes. Do you know why? Because we all had those very same (or similar) excuses at one point or another. It's all about personal responsibility, and yes, you've said you know you're fat because you eat ________...but in your OP, it's your husband's doritos, it was your kids, etc. Everything came off as an excuse and again, every single one of us has been there. I think a lot of people are just trying to get you to see that. To try to save you some time. Because the truth is, you'll never lose the weight until you take full responsibility, don't post about it being x, y, z why you're over weight, and really own it and want to make changes. Until then you'll just be treading water.

Whether you liked what people said or not, that's the truth. People aren't being self righteous, if you take a step back, take emotion out of the equation, open yourself up to honest criticism - which I know is hard - and maybe go back thru the thread and see what people were really actually trying to say to you.

Gifs...yes. Because gifs can be cute and funny. Losing weight can get way too serious and sometimes, we all need a laugh. They are also used to try to lighten the mood.

Just an FYI - calling people pricks and such is against the TOS of the site. So is all the F bombs you dropped. I'm not offended, I'm just letting you know...some people may report you for that.

I can see your point, and I appreciate your honesty. But if you read my entire post, both of them, I wasn't making any excuses. I was being blunt. Also, I didn't ask for or invite criticism. All I was after was a few people to add to my friend list to keep in contact with to joke around with and keep in touch with to check in with once in a while. The fact that people brought my children into it on a different level than I did was low, cruel, and disgusting. Frankly, anyone who does that is worthless.

Sorry (not really) about the swearing, I have the mouth of a trucker.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    this was already on my clipboard so i'm pasting it here too.

oprahbees.gif

this thread's been a hoot to read.
    i think i filled 3 bingo cards.
    This gif is making me laugh so hard.

Thank you so much <3
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I didn't see OP making any excuses.... I just saw someone telling us her situation and how she felt about it...if she was making excuses she wouldn't have lifted her fingers to the keyboard....

And you show me a woman who claims she never felt a pregnancy trashed her body, I will show you a liar or someone on too many happy pills....
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I didn't see OP making any excuses.... I just saw someone telling us her situation and how she felt about it...if she was making excuses she wouldn't have lifted her fingers to the keyboard....

And you show me a woman who claims she never felt a pregnancy trashed her body, I will show you a liar or someone on too many happy pills....

*raises hand* I must be a liar and can someone toss me the happy pills?? Yea, no. My kid didn't trash my body.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm super touchy-feely, as in *pinches butt & runs away*
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    What's goin on in hurr?

I enjoyed the OP. And don't worry OP, my kids wrecked my body too. Just in a different way that isn't readily apparent.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

She blamed her husband eating doritos. Her kids for trashing her body. Her friend taking a pill is getting the easy way out. Those are excuses.

I've had 3 kids and having them didn't trash my body, my being lazy, yo yo dieting for years trashed my body.. and now I'm fixing it. No happy pills needed I prefer being cranky
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Tough love: showing you that eventually, you'll realize it's time to stop wallowing in your own *kitten* excuses and do the work.

IMHO Tough Love is total BS.

It's bullying. It's a cover-up to bully someone that's when people use that "tough love" excuse.

ETA: Also surprising same people end up showing "tough love" ... agian and again ... only the victim is different to shower that tough love on.
This discussion has been closed.