Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your Gurney

29509743.png

FIFY :flowerforyou:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    SO, let me ask an honest question: Is it common to just gang up on the newbs and 1.) get all self-righteous and preachy 2.) gif 3.) be pricks? And are there like set groups on MFP? Like on Mean Girls?

Here's the thing...

I didn't really see where anyone ganged up on you. Tell you everything you said was excuses? Yes. Do you know why? Because we all had those very same (or similar) excuses at one point or another. It's all about personal responsibility, and yes, you've said you know you're fat because you eat ________...but in your OP, it's your husband's doritos, it was your kids, etc. Everything came off as an excuse and again, every single one of us has been there. I think a lot of people are just trying to get you to see that. To try to save you some time. Because the truth is, you'll never lose the weight until you take full responsibility, don't post about it being x, y, z why you're over weight, and really own it and want to make changes. Until then you'll just be treading water.

Whether you liked what people said or not, that's the truth. People aren't being self righteous, if you take a step back, take emotion out of the equation, open yourself up to honest criticism - which I know is hard - and maybe go back thru the thread and see what people were really actually trying to say to you.

Gifs...yes. Because gifs can be cute and funny. Losing weight can get way too serious and sometimes, we all need a laugh. They are also used to try to lighten the mood.

Just an FYI - calling people pricks and such is against the TOS of the site. So is all the F bombs you dropped. I'm not offended, I'm just letting you know...some people may report you for that.

I can see your point, and I appreciate your honesty. But if you read my entire post, both of them, I wasn't making any excuses. I was being blunt. Also, I didn't ask for or invite criticism. All I was after was a few people to add to my friend list to keep in contact with to joke around with and keep in touch with to check in with once in a while. The fact that people brought my children into it on a different level than I did was low, cruel, and disgusting. Frankly, anyone who does that is worthless.

Sorry (not really) about the swearing, I have the mouth of a trucker.

I have the mouth of a sailor...it was hard for me at first here too...

You were making excuses, whether you think they are or not. That's what they were.

Actually YOU brought your children into it by saying they trashed your body. I know you didn't mean it that way, but this is the interwebz with lots of people...and posting on an open forum, opens up whatever you say to other people's opinions.

tumblr_n6e90usZOB1smcbm7o1_500.gif
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    SO, let me ask an honest question: Is it common to just gang up on the newbs and 1.) get all self-righteous and preachy 2.) gif 3.) be pricks? And are there like set groups on MFP? Like on Mean Girls?

Here's the thing...

I didn't really see where anyone ganged up on you. Tell you everything you said was excuses? Yes. Do you know why? Because we all had those very same (or similar) excuses at one point or another. It's all about personal responsibility, and yes, you've said you know you're fat because you eat ________...but in your OP, it's your husband's doritos, it was your kids, etc. Everything came off as an excuse and again, every single one of us has been there. I think a lot of people are just trying to get you to see that. To try to save you some time. Because the truth is, you'll never lose the weight until you take full responsibility, don't post about it being x, y, z why you're over weight, and really own it and want to make changes. Until then you'll just be treading water.

Whether you liked what people said or not, that's the truth. People aren't being self righteous, if you take a step back, take emotion out of the equation, open yourself up to honest criticism - which I know is hard - and maybe go back thru the thread and see what people were really actually trying to say to you.

Gifs...yes. Because gifs can be cute and funny. Losing weight can get way too serious and sometimes, we all need a laugh. They are also used to try to lighten the mood.

Just an FYI - calling people pricks and such is against the TOS of the site. So is all the F bombs you dropped. I'm not offended, I'm just letting you know...some people may report you for that.

I can see your point, and I appreciate your honesty. But if you read my entire post, both of them, I wasn't making any excuses. I was being blunt. Also, I didn't ask for or invite criticism. All I was after was a few people to add to my friend list to keep in contact with to joke around with and keep in touch with to check in with once in a while. The fact that people brought my children into it on a different level than I did was low, cruel, and disgusting. Frankly, anyone who does that is worthless.

You were making excuses, whether you think they are or not. That's what they were.

Actually YOU brought your children into it by saying they trashed your body. I know you didn't mean it that way, but this is the interwebz with lots of people...and posting on an open forum, opens up whatever you say to other people's opinions.

I saw it less as excuses and more as her venting about the obstacles she faces. We've all seen people post why they CANT lose weight, but she was simply pointing out what she has to overcome. No need for a gang bang. We' all have obstacles and we all vent about them on ocassion.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Here's the thing...

I saw it less as excuses and more as her venting about the obstacles she faces. We've all seen people post why they CANT lose weight, but she was simply pointing out what she has to overcome. No need for a gang bang. We' all have obstacles and we all vent about them on ocassion.
    th?id=HN.608036707903211825&pid=15.1&P=0
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I didn't see OP making any excuses.... I just saw someone telling us her situation and how she felt about it...if she was making excuses she wouldn't have lifted her fingers to the keyboard....

And you show me a woman who claims she never felt a pregnancy trashed her body, I will show you a liar or someone on too many happy pills....
    Didn't trash my body. Not for one second did I think it did.
    Now......old habits of much fast fast food and pans of brownies at a time.. THAT wrecked my body.

Don't forget these!

cheez-its-time-o.gif
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Tough love: showing you that eventually, you'll realize it's time to stop wallowing in your own *kitten* excuses and do the work.

IMHO Tough Love is total BS.

It's bullying. It's a cover-up to bully someone that's when people use that "tough love" excuse.

ETA: Also surprising same people end up showing "tough love" ... agian and again ... only the victim is different to shower that tough love on.

uh oh....the B word :embarassed:
    mean people thread in 3...2.....
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Tough love: showing you that eventually, you'll realize it's time to stop wallowing in your own *kitten* excuses and do the work.

IMHO Tough Love is total BS.

It's bullying. It's a cover-up to bully someone that's when people use that "tough love" excuse.

ETA: Also surprising same people end up showing "tough love" ... agian and again ... only the victim is different to shower that tough love on.

uh oh....the B word :embarassed:
    mean people thread in 3...2.....

somewhere earlier, can't recall the page, but OP already asked if MFP was like Mean girls with all the pricks and bullies and people ganging up on the newbies....
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I didn't see OP making any excuses.... I just saw someone telling us her situation and how she felt about it...if she was making excuses she wouldn't have lifted her fingers to the keyboard....

And you show me a woman who claims she never felt a pregnancy trashed her body, I will show you a liar or someone on too many happy pills....
    Didn't trash my body. Not for one second did I think it did.
    Now......old habits of much fast fast food and pans of brownies at a time.. THAT wrecked my body.

Don't forget these!

cheez-its-time-o.gif

OH NOW I NEED THOSE.
  • heathercupcake23
    Options
    im looking for a weight loss buddy too. My Name is Heather I'm 306 l.b and 19 years old. I had a pretty ruff life and always used binge eating as a emotional release. I'v been abused all my life and been heavy set as well. Last year I was almost killed in a violent situation and had a mental brake down, I gained 50 pounds in that year due to extreme depression and binge eating. I got help emotionally and i learned to love myself witch is something iv never done before. now that im emotionally in control i want to take my life back and get physically in control, I know I can do it! I'm determined! I will be happy! lol
  • hookilau
    Options

She blamed her husband eating doritos. Her kids for trashing her body. Her friend taking a pill is getting the easy way out. Those are excuses.

I've had 3 kids and having them didn't trash my body, my being lazy, yo yo dieting for years trashed my body.. and now I'm fixing it. No happy pills needed I prefer being cranky

I agree to your point - she used excuses. But to pounce on her .... Looks like people are waiting for the school bell to ring to start partying. Until then they have to do something so why not throw some gifs.
    20131028233230!IS_YOU_OKAY.gif

you missed the part where she said she enjoyed sarcasm, but what she meant was SHE likes to be the one who's sarcastic, does not appreciate when others join in the fun.
  • heathercupcake23
    Options
    lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This thread is kinda amazing...

I RARELY give a *kitten* what people say but the "kids trashed my body" or whatever oddly bugged me. BUT, only b/c of semantics. Which is lame... I rarely care about such things and find myself shocked with... myself. Had you said pregnancy or a hysterectomy or complications trashed my body, I'd probably have never given it a second glance. Interesting.

It's rare I surprise myself.

Edited: need to read more before.... yeah, need to read more. Or tiptoe out slowly.

Also, gif. Because... gifs rock.

aerobics-dance.gif
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Here's the thing...

th?id=HN.608036707903211825&pid=15.1&P=0

Dang, someone beat me to it
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The title of her thread is Sarcastic Heifer. People brought the sarcasm and the Heifer couldn't take it.
    I don't get it.

**shrug**
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    The title of her thread is Sarcastic Heifer. People brought the sarcasm and the Heifer couldn't take it.
    I don't get it.

**shrug**
    She handled the sarcasm... not the attempts to be cute, quasi-witty and irrelevant...
    But she was undeniably fun...lol
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

**shrug**

I think the OP Did a hell of a Job playing a hell of a lot of people on this whole post.:laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options
    I don't get it.

**shrug**

yeah, then, OP is all:

tumblr_mrwkc2pPpe1sbx3wxo1_500.gif

and we're all:

0.jpg

then OP is all:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2xOwBld3w34VHlqmQvHfZQANJ8LzznmQRIB-3pYsWa2o6X9EE
  • hookilau
    Options
    I don't get it.

**shrug**

I think the OP Did a hell of a Job playing a hell of a lot of people on this whole post.:laugh:

yeah right.
    That's why we're all pricks & f-bomb this and f-bomb that.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

**shrug**

yeah right.
    That's why we're all pricks & f-bomb this and f-bomb that.

Ok !
This discussion has been closed.