Sarcastic Heifer

Options

Replies

• alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "Bump"
    To read later ....
    Highly entertained though really I shouldn't comment because I'm sure I'm one of those thread killers.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    8377225.gif
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    oh nooooooOOOOooo!

[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_inline_mhgnn6zMni1qz4rgp.gif[/img]

:explode: rushing to read the last 8 pages before the lock!

True Story!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Wow...are you guys serious with this ****? Here is the deal...I didn't come to YOU asking for advice or getting up in your business. I am perfectly accountable for my own actions. I am fat because I eat like **** and don't exercise. I happen to be snarky and sarcastic. You're super adorable with your trolling, really. Precious, even. Lol.

It's the MFP way, and I'm glad to see you can take it well :) People with nothing to do all day read every single forum post and find whatever they feel superior to the poster about and crow crow crow. I don't get it and I try not to partake in it, but it's how things are done here.

But's that really only about half of the posters. The other half are MUCH better at being empathetic and decent.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Thirteen pages and not a single trash-talking female bovine?

Disappointed.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    OP asks for friends who are willing to hold her accountable.

Accountability, defined:
    The obligation of an individual or organization to account for its activities, accept responsibility for them, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner

OP vented as to feelings and struggles and offered reasons why she was overweight, and areas in which she struggled. (Hey, I get this, even if her reasons are not mine. We all have struggles and react to them in different ways.)

People replied exposing how we are accountable for how we react to those various triggers.

OP replies with swears, saying she didn't ask for anyone's opinions, and calling troll.

and then things got weird.

OP... perhaps you can help with understanding what you meant when you said "I'm looking for accountability pals."
    Do you want people who will call you out if you haven't logged? Do you want people who will call you out if you aren't exercising or logging in? Do you want people who will share what they've learned?

No offense meant, but I'm not sure that your responses reflect any of the above answers being yes. And if that is the case... what are you looking for, and how can we help?
  • asha8907
    asha8907 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need accountability buddies too.
  • asha8907
    asha8907 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my Kryptonite...

Mine too...
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    There arrives a mental turn when you come to view say Doritos and macaroni and cheese as not desirable. And it's not about rage at other people--it's the fact that you view these desires as not helping you achieve what you want and learn to be satisfied on mostly healthy stuff with the occasional cheat meal. When you do get angry, it's at yourself for having gotten off track.

One mental trick I use is to envision the people who work in Burrito places--they are usually super chunky, probably because one burrito is around 1k calories or more with everything and is loaded with carbs and bad fats. This kills the desire to indulge in burritos regularly or feel angry that I can't and others are.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There arrives a mental turn when you come to view say Doritos and macaroni and cheese as not desirable.

There is????????

Where is this Wonderland you speak of???
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    OP asks for friends who are willing to hold her accountable.

Accountability, defined:
    The obligation of an individual or organization to account for its activities, accept responsibility for them, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner

OP vented as to feelings and struggles and offered reasons why she was overweight, and areas in which she struggled. (Hey, I get this, even if her reasons are not mine. We all have struggles and react to them in different ways.)

People replied exposing how we are accountable for how we react to those various triggers.

OP replies with swears, saying she didn't ask for anyone's opinions, and calling troll.

and then things got weird.

OP... perhaps you can help with understanding what you meant when you said "I'm looking for accountability pals."
    Do you want people who will call you out if you haven't logged? Do you want people who will call you out if you aren't exercising or logging in? Do you want people who will share what they've learned?

No offense meant, but I'm not sure that your responses reflect any of the above answers being yes. And if that is the case... what are you looking for, and how can we help?

swoon.gif
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Options
    Congratz on not only being ignorant but offensive too.

Explain to me how I eat burritos, fast food, doritos and ice cream by your logic?

ETA : and I don't do "cheat" meals. I play if it fits your macros and occasional yolo

"Congratz" on your use of spelling and cliches such as "yolo." If you're in such a hurry that you can't spell out words, you might want to consider you're short-handed on logic as well.

And that's the case, because I never told the poster she couldn't have those things at all but suggested a mental tool to eliminate rage at times when she couldn't.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Congratz on not only being ignorant but offensive too.

Explain to me how I eat burritos, fast food, doritos and ice cream by your logic?

ETA : and I don't do "cheat" meals. I play if it fits your macros and occasional yolo

"Congratz" on your use of spelling and cliches such as "yolo." If you're in such a hurry that you can't spell out words, you might want to consider you're short-handed on logic as well.

And that's the case, because I never told the poster she couldn't have those things at all but suggested a mental tool to eliminate rage at times when she couldn't.

Oh look. Still being offensive. How quaint.

Forgive me for misreading your post. Has nothing to do with my logic skills and purely on quickly skimming. Your mental imagery is pretty morbid. Perhaps you should envision fluffy puppies instead of overweight individuals. Or find a hobby that makes you happy that isn't food related.
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Somebody busted me for my swears. Mother frickers. Son of a biscuits. Mmmmm, biscuits.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    858899.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    There arrives a mental turn when you come to view say Doritos and macaroni and cheese as not desirable. And it's not about rage at other people--it's the fact that you view these desires as not helping you achieve what you want and learn to be satisfied on mostly healthy stuff with the occasional cheat meal. When you do get angry, it's at yourself for having gotten off track.

One mental trick I use is to envision the people who work in Burrito places--they are usually super chunky, probably because one burrito is around 1k calories or more with everything and is loaded with carbs and bad fats. This kills the desire to indulge in burritos regularly or feel angry that I can't and others are.

I'm sorry but what???

There is no reason to not eat the things you love. There's a thing called moderation. Maybe you've heard of it?

To make this sustainable one needs to make lifestyle changes. That usually doesn't involve cutting out things ones love. My diet is like 50% carbs...I'm losing weight. You make it fit into your day. I lift heavy so I can eat all the foodz. Go ahead make fun of the fact that I put a z on the end of food. Weight loss doesn't have to be so serious all the time.

ETA: Not sure where you get your burrito or healthy food from, but there are people of all sizes at every place of employment. Super chunky people aren't reserved for just burrito places.

TL:DR? Nothing wrong with mac n cheese, doritos and especially not burritos.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Somebody busted me for my swears. Mother frickers. Son of a biscuits. Mmmmm, biscuits.

I know! I missed out you calling everyone bad, bad names.

Honestly though, everyone really does mean to be a help here. And through all the snarkiness, they are sharing their personal battles. If you read through the forums, you'll find your peers - and how they've made it through to become a healthier version of them.

If someone hasn't yet shared these with you via message, I recommend you check it out. It's the 'non-snarky' way of explaining their own tried and true lessons.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1343719-get-rich-quick?hl=get+rich+quick&page=1

Or you can read through this if you just want the cliff notes version and a bunch of gifs:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1436489-why-is-mfp-so-mean?hl=mean+&page=1
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    p6kKF9A.gif
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Options
    I'm sorry but what???

There is no reason to not eat the things you love. There's a thing called moderation. Maybe you've heard of it?

There's a thing called reading a post and picking up on language cues, too. Words such as "regularly," "occasional," "mostly."
    Have you heard of that? Reading?
    To make this sustainable one needs to make lifestyle changes. That usually doesn't involve cutting out things ones love.

Agreed. See above.
This discussion has been closed.