Sarcastic Heifer

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll,

Anyway...I have three kids who I love more than life itself. But they TRASHED my body.

I hate it when women say this crap. Your kids didn't trash anything, you chose to get pregnant and have children.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wow...are you guys serious with this ****? Here is the deal...I didn't come to YOU asking for advice or getting up in your business. I am perfectly accountable for my own actions. I am fat because I eat like **** and don't exercise. I happen to be snarky and sarcastic. You're super adorable with your trolling, really. Precious, even. Lol.

you can dish it, but can't take it??

AHEM.
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just so much "No" here.

No, your friend doesn't have a leg up because of the adipex.
    No, you should not be jealous of her meds.
    No, your kids didn't trash your body.
    No, you're probably not ready to take it seriously this time.

All of which is fine. Almost anyone who has had real success at this will tell you that they had a dozen false starts. You fake it til you make it. You go through the motions until it clicks. You'll know it clicked when you wake up and realize that none of that ****, not the meds or the kids or husband with the Doritos, none of it matters. There are a million perfectly valid reasons to do it right tomorrow. There are a million perfectly valid reasons not to. It's not about the reasons. All that matters is which side of the ledger you choose your reasons from when you wake up in the morning. The rest is just mental and emotional *kitten*.

Absolutely right - I finally had to call myself on all my own bullsh**
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    aw, those poor, sweet babies. They didn't trash your body. I hope they never stumble across and read this. That hurt my heart for them. As if they had a choice in the matter. I would ever blame my minis for decisions I made.

Also, I'll take all of your cheese, because life is just not worth living giving up all the good stuff....
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

OP, don't take this the wrong way. There is wisdom here and he's not being a smarta$$. I think I'm on my seventh false start and will probably have a few more before it's all said and done.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll,

So, this is like, my 4th try at this dealie. For some reason I finally feel the motivation to take this seriously this time. My best friend, who is slightly heavier than me was prescribed adipex and a pretty strict diet by her doctor. She is following it to the letter. I'm jealous of her dedication. I'm jealous of her medication, too. I feel like she has a leg up on me. And let's be honest, she does. It's unfair, really. (1) The *****. Anyway...I have three kids who I love more than life itself. But they TRASHED my body. (2) I'm 5'1" and currently 181 pounds. I've lost 3 pounds in 2 days. I haven't really exercised that much. I did some stairs today. But that's it. Mostly I've just been eating really healthy. That alone has been killing me. (3) I'm convinced that white hot rage burns a lot of calories. Like, watching my husband pig out on Doritos right in front of me and using all of my self-control to not kick him in the throat...that had to have burnt off a pound or two. Or making macaroni and cheese for my two year old for lunch and not "helping her" finish it? That type of restraint has to count as a work out. (4)

Anyway, I'm looking for accountability pals. But, be forewarned. I'm super sarcastic. I'm not a real touchy-feely kind of person. But, I'll encourage you as much as I can and you can remind me not to eat nacho cheese! (5) Yay!

1. So be that dedicated instead of being jealous?
    2. No, you used them as an excuse to trash your own body.
    3. It doesn't have to. Low cal is not inherently healthy.
    4. I know it's hyperbole, but c'mon. It's not even all that much restraint.
    5. Nacho cheese can be part of a healthy lifestyle. ****, nacho cheese doritos dipped in nacho cheese can be too.
  • alexlove31
    alexlove31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Totally AGREE. There is an undeniable reason why all of us are on this website, right now and for this very reason. Food addication is a disease. It's not normal to obsess over certain foods. It's like a drug. I'm in rehab right now and the mention of nacho cheese made me vularnable however, I know that I can have nacho cheese whenever I want but right now, I'm satisfied with eating clean 90% of the time and when my 10% treat time arrives, yeah - pretty sure nacho cheese is on the menu lol.

Right now, taking it day by day, meal by meal until it becomes second nature. And the results and benefits of doing the right thing for your mind and body pays off super fold!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Totally AGREE. There is an undeniable reason why all of us are on this website, right now and for this very reason. Food addication is a disease. It's not normal to obsess over certain foods. It's like a drug. I'm in rehab right now and the mention of nacho cheese made me vularnable however, I know that I can have nacho cheese whenever I want but right now, I'm satisfied with eating clean 90% of the time and when my 10% treat time arrives, yeah - pretty sure nacho cheese is on the menu lol.

Right now, taking it day by day, meal by meal until it becomes second nature. And the results and benefits of doing the right thing for your mind and body pays off super fold!

whoa whoa WHOA... back up. we're not all here for food addiction, obsessing over certain hoods....

wait, are you joking around? i can't tell. are you in rehab because of nacho cheese??
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just so much "No" here.

No, your friend doesn't have a leg up because of the adipex.
    No, you should not be jealous of her meds.
    No, your kids didn't trash your body.

All of which is fine. Almost anyone who has had real success at this will tell you that they had a dozen false starts. You fake it til you make it. You go through the motions until it clicks. You'll know it clicked when you wake up and realize that none of that ****, not the meds or the kids or husband with the Doritos, none of it matters. There are a million perfectly valid reasons to do it right tomorrow. There are a million perfectly valid reasons not to. It's not about the reasons. All that matters is which side of the ledger you choose your reasons from when you wake up in the morning. The rest is just mental and emotional *kitten*.

^^^^^This
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No, no, no...ok, here is the deal. You misunderstand completely. First of all, whoever made the hyberbole dig. I dig it. I dig it MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DUG ANYTHING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING. Really, it was hilarious.

I believe I made it clear right from the jump that I'm not a touchy feely kind of person. Like, didn't I say that immediately? Yeah, I did. But, allow me to explain.

1. When I said my kids trashed my body, I did not mean that my kids made me fat. I made me fat. Not that it is any of your business but apparently I need to explain because otherwise I'll be thrown to the MFP wolves. I mean that my second child caused massive health issues. And then when I went to have the surgery to treat said health issues, I found out I was pregnant with my third. I spent my third pregnancy on complete bedrest. After my third was born, I had a very complicated and scary hysterectomy. By trashed my body, I meant that in the literal sense.

2. My friend who was prescribed adipex DOES have a leg up on me. She has an amphetamine coursing through her veins giving her energy everyday. Can I just go buy some meth? No, no I cannot. I don't care what you say. I openly admit, I have zero will power. I am a mother of three tiny energy thieves and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. You can tell me that I just have to find the motivation myself. Why do you think I'm on this site to begin with?

3. I didn't ask for people to give me reassuring lovey messages or advice, did I? I didn't ask for judgement, correct? All I said was, if any other people who just occasionally need a kick in the *kitten* wanna get in on this thing together, let me know. That was it.
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Loved your post - Love your attitude....

You have to figure out that you want to do it not BECAUSE of any of those 'reasons' you have - but in spite of them...

It took me a long time to figure it out - and I'm still a work in progress....truthfully only on day 26 of living what I consider truly 'healthy' but I'm rocking my goals right now, and I'm committed to continuing to do just that -

You've got to figure it out for yourself - no response anyone on here gives you can do that for you - snarky, or nice, or motivational, or friendly, or hateful, or anything....
    Options

whoa whoa WHOA... back up. we're not all here for food addiction, obsessing over certain hoods....

wait, are you joking around? i can't tell. are you in rehab because of nacho cheese??

yea, no. I'm here for the social aspect and to word vomit it up on my wall and to steal all the cheese that gets left behind....
    Options
    No, no, no...ok, here is the deal. You misunderstand completely. First of all, whoever made the hyberbole dig. I dig it. I dig it MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DUG ANYTHING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING. Really, it was hilarious.

I believe I made it clear right from the jump that I'm not a touchy feely kind of person. Like, didn't I say that immediately? Yeah, I did. But, allow me to explain since everyone wants to jump my ****.

1. When I said my kids trashed my body, I did not mean that my kids made me fat. I made me fat. Not that it is any of your business but apparently I need to explain because otherwise I'll be thrown to the MFP wolves up in this *****. I mean that my second child caused massive health issues. And then when I went to have the surgery to treat said health issues, I found out I was pregnant with my third. I spent my third pregnancy on complete bedrest. After my third was born, I had a very complicated and scary hysterectomy. By trashed my body, I meant that in the literal sense. So, suck it.

2. My friend who was prescribed adipex DOES have a leg up on me. She has an amphetamine coursing through her veins giving her energy everyday. Can I just go buy some meth? No, no I cannot. I don't care what you say. I openly admit, I have zero will power. I am a mother of three tiny energy thieves and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. You can tell me that I just have to find the motivation myself. Well, no ****, Sherlock. Why do you think I'm on this site to begin with?

3. I didn't ask for people to give me reassuring lovey messages or advice, did I? I didn't ask for judgement, correct? All I said was, if any other people who just occasionally need a kick in the *kitten* wanna get in on this thing together, let me know. That was it.

*****es be crazy.

so.... are you telling us that you're crazy??
  • Amberbcox
    Options
    sOOOO MUCH THIS!!!!! This post made my morning. I'm leaving to go weigh in a few and I will have an extra spring in my step!!!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    At first glance I thought this topic was titled "sarcastic hitler"...I had a wtf moment.
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    At this point, that is what they're painting me out to be, lol.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    You crack me up... sending a friend request! :drinker:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    7631682570_8f16c71546_z.jpg

Edit to add: sorry that's so huge! The meaning is what rings true for me though. I hate working out, I could come up with every reason in the book to avoid it, but that won't do me any favors. Also, I don't see others as having a "leg up" on me. I see it as a challenge, I bet I can do just as well WITHOUT those perks they rely on. Its all about perspective.
  • jesszing
    jesszing Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well I am adding you as a friend now.

I find it so hard to not finish the whole BOX of mac & cheese that I made for my 5 year old... but sometimes I'll sneak in a couple bites ;)

AS LONG AS I LOG IT, RIGHT??!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I believe I made it clear right from the jump that I'm not a touchy feely kind of person. Like, didn't I say that immediately? Yeah, I did. But, allow me to explain since everyone wants to jump my ****.

1. When I said my kids trashed my body, I did not mean that my kids made me fat. I made me fat. Not that it is any of your business but apparently I need to explain because otherwise I'll be thrown to the MFP wolves up in this *****. I mean that my second child caused massive health issues. And then when I went to have the surgery to treat said health issues, I found out I was pregnant with my third. I spent my third pregnancy on complete bedrest. After my third was born, I had a very complicated and scary hysterectomy. By trashed my body, I meant that in the literal sense. So, suck it.

2. My friend who was prescribed adipex DOES have a leg up on me. She has an amphetamine coursing through her veins giving her energy everyday. Can I just go buy some meth? No, no I cannot. I don't care what you say. I openly admit, I have zero will power. I am a mother of three tiny energy thieves and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. You can tell me that I just have to find the motivation myself. Well, no ****, Sherlock. Why do you think I'm on this site to begin with?

*****es be crazy.

In regards to number 2, all I hear are excuses.
This discussion has been closed.