Sarcastic Heifer

Options

Replies

• DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My screen name is my name...I'm confused.

Dana Loesch (pronounced Lash) is a conservative radio personality and she's snarky. I assumed your name was a play on hers.

Ohhhh, I forgot about her! Isn't she the one that used the AR-15 lighter on TV or something?
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Not sure, I don't listen to her much as she's way to far left for my tastes.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    No, no, no...ok, here is the deal. You misunderstand completely. First of all, whoever made the hyberbole dig. I dig it. I dig it MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DUG ANYTHING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING. Really, it was hilarious.

I believe I made it clear right from the jump that I'm not a touchy feely kind of person. Like, didn't I say that immediately? Yeah, I did. But, allow me to explain since everyone wants to jump my ****.

1. When I said my kids trashed my body, I did not mean that my kids made me fat. I made me fat. Not that it is any of your business but apparently I need to explain because otherwise I'll be thrown to the MFP wolves up in this *****. I mean that my second child caused massive health issues. And then when I went to have the surgery to treat said health issues, I found out I was pregnant with my third. I spent my third pregnancy on complete bedrest. After my third was born, I had a very complicated and scary hysterectomy. By trashed my body, I meant that in the literal sense. So, suck it.

2. My friend who was prescribed adipex DOES have a leg up on me. She has an amphetamine coursing through her veins giving her energy everyday. Can I just go buy some meth? No, no I cannot. I don't care what you say. I openly admit, I have zero will power. I am a mother of three tiny energy thieves and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. You can tell me that I just have to find the motivation myself. Well, no ****, Sherlock. Why do you think I'm on this site to begin with?

3. I didn't ask for people to give me reassuring lovey messages or advice, did I? I didn't ask for judgement, correct? All I said was, if any other people who just occasionally need a kick in the *kitten* wanna get in on this thing together, let me know. That was it.

*****es be crazy.

You have not made yourself clear.

In fact, you've talked in circles.
    And it's obvious you only want friends who have your outlook on things.

I believe different perspectives and opinions are necessary sometimes.

I appreciate your humor and sass, I really do.
    And I do wish you the best and hope you succeed.

Peace out, homey.

agreed.

OP; I thought you wanted to play :) It's Friday & all. However it seems as though you would prefer to play in your world rather than to come out & join everyone else.

No shade. It is what it is.
    As you were.:drinker:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

No shade.

Apparently my hipness has waned in my old age, I don't think I've ever heard that before, getting old blows...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Anyway...I have three kids who I love more than life itself. But they TRASHED my body.

Wait.

Your three kids forced you to eat at a calorie surplus and then continue to eat at a higher maintenance level over an extended period of time? I'm pretty sure children don't actually have this ability.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    welcome to the fora. consider this post your initiation.

all kinds of people around here.

if you want to do it, you will do it.

i suggest getting a friends list together and doing most of your talking to them, that way you can delete people. and you could even have a whole friends list full of people who share your type of banter.

i do that by adding people who post things that make sense to me, or amuse me.

anyway everyone starts out with excuses and such. i had plenty when i started. in my experience, the excuses take time to drop off as well, you just have to work through them and over time have your revelations about yourself. i highly doubt that all successfull people on here came without any excuses or reservations or blaming... just be honest with yourself and take what you need and leave the rest from the forums.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me........ill ***** at you!
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You will probably have a better, longer lasting result by tracking your food and doing things right than your friend with her prescription drug. Many people I know that took prescription weight loss drugs lost a lot of weight. When they reached their goal weight their prescription ended and all the weight went back on plus some. They learned nothing about self control and good choices. If you follow people's advice and log every thing you eat, eat right, and exercise you will find more success.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz :laugh:
  • DanaLash
    Options
    I think my issue is that I'm an instant gratification kind of person. Like, "Hey, I just ran a mile, I'm gonna go weigh myself...Wait...I didn't lose any weight running that mile?!?! What the hell?!?!"

That's why I'm jealous of the adipex. Because it expedites the process. I want immediate results with minimum work, ya' know?
  • DanaLash
    Options
    Anyway...I have three kids who I love more than life itself. But they TRASHED my body.

Wait.

Your three kids forced you to eat at a calorie surplus and then continue to eat at a higher maintenance level over an extended period of time? I'm pretty sure children don't actually have this ability.

I already addressed this.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I think my issue is that I'm an instant gratification kind of person. Like, "Hey, I just ran a mile, I'm gonna go weigh myself...Wait...I didn't lose any weight running that mile?!?! What the hell?!?!"

That's why I'm jealous of the adipex. Because it expedites the process. I want immediate results with minimum work, ya' know?

Losing weight too fast, results in loose skin.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

oh yea, you gotta get over that. running a mile hardly even burns any calories really... but it makes you feel great... after its over.
    results come from your diet, not your exersize as much. and slowly if you are doing it right, in a non-starvation, healthy kind of way. one where you can even have a serving of doritos sometimes.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Sneak into the pantry and smash those Doritos before your husband opens the bag. "What? Your chips are all smashed? Sorry babe, I have no idea what happened..." Maybe he'll get tired of eating them with a spoon and stop bringing them into the house. Passive-aggressive as hell, but it sure makes you feel better... Plus, you'll probably burn a calorie or two smashing those Doritos!

Wrong....now he can stick a straw in the bag and eat them without the annoying need to wash his hands afterwards.

This may, in fact, be the best idea that these forums has ever produced.

*adds Doritos and crazy straws to the shopping list*
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    No, no, no...ok, here is the deal. You misunderstand completely. First of all, whoever made the hyberbole dig. I dig it. I dig it MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DUG ANYTHING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING. Really, it was hilarious.

I believe I made it clear right from the jump that I'm not a touchy feely kind of person. Like, didn't I say that immediately? Yeah, I did. But, allow me to explain since everyone wants to jump my ****.

1. When I said my kids trashed my body, I did not mean that my kids made me fat. I made me fat. Not that it is any of your business but apparently I need to explain because otherwise I'll be thrown to the MFP wolves up in this *****. I mean that my second child caused massive health issues. And then when I went to have the surgery to treat said health issues, I found out I was pregnant with my third. I spent my third pregnancy on complete bedrest. After my third was born, I had a very complicated and scary hysterectomy. By trashed my body, I meant that in the literal sense. So, suck it.

2. My friend who was prescribed adipex DOES have a leg up on me. She has an amphetamine coursing through her veins giving her energy everyday. Can I just go buy some meth? No, no I cannot. I don't care what you say. I openly admit, I have zero will power. I am a mother of three tiny energy thieves and I am tired ALL OF THE TIME. You can tell me that I just have to find the motivation myself. Well, no ****, Sherlock. Why do you think I'm on this site to begin with?

3. I didn't ask for people to give me reassuring lovey messages or advice, did I? I didn't ask for judgement, correct? All I said was, if any other people who just occasionally need a kick in the *kitten* wanna get in on this thing together, let me know. That was it.

*****es be crazy.

In regards to number 2, all I hear are excuses.

^Ditto this. Anybody can buy meth.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll,

I think your funny, Hi5
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I love how this thread is so neatly polarizing MFP members into two very separate and distinct groups.

I would label each of these groups, but I doubt I could keep the bias of my own personal perspective from showing through. I only wish that MFP would spin off two separate sites so the group I'm not in wouldn't have to be so offended by how I choose to conduct myself here.
  • krisbeaver
    krisbeaver Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do it! But first you have to think about yourself and what losing weight will do for you. In your post, you mention your best friend and your husband...they have nothing to do with your weight loss. If you want it bad enough the outside influences will not make a difference. I swear the mental aspect of losing weight is the toughest!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your Journey

29509743.png
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    So you're doing everything, EXCEPT holding yourself accountable for your actions.

Got it.

+1
This discussion has been closed.