• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Workout 22 (hard)

44.48 mins

275.3 cals

AHR 137

MHR 172

Reallly did not feel like it and it felt like torture, gald its done now though :)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Haha my daughter is in the middle of the nine week programme too, she is doing it on easy and doesnt use weights, she just does the arm movements, its soooo funny too watch, glad she s into it though, she is only 8 :)
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Well i finished phase 1 of the 9 week program this morning. phew. Mountain climbers aren't getting easier yet but i hope they do. the core work outs are getting easier and I'm starting to get abs hehe

Day 12
    Avg hear rate 115
    Max was 145
    Cals- 192
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    9 Week Program Easy Workout 10

Calories: 189.6
    Time: 27:19
    Avg HR: 120
    Max HR: 157

I was feeling pretty gross by the end of the workout and I'm absolutely wiped. Probably has to do with the insomnia I had last night... only got 4 hours of sleep. Off to bed early tonight to make up for it!
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Workout 20 - Medium

Time: 42 minutes
    Cal: 285
    AV HR: 124
    MX HR: 166

I missed my workout yesterday so this was the missed workout . No rest day for me this week. Tomorrow is scheduled workout 21.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Today was workout #30-Hard.

I just read in a magazine that Beyonce does HUNDREDS of lunges at a time! Hundreds!! I tried keeping that in my mind today but all I could hear was "Girl...you so crazy!" My calves and right arm muscles were stiff before I even started so I should be locked up like the tin man by this evening. It's like I'm permanently flexing. **sigh**

Anyway...

49 mInutes
    293 Calories
    129 Avg BPM

It also crept into my mind that I have two brutal monday workouts left and one of those is the last workout in the program. I'm afraid of it!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    OMG- I am ALREADY the tin man!! My calf muscles are HURTING!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Workout 27 medium
    40 minutes
    219 calories
    135 Avg HR
    171 Max HR

shakemybooty, not too many lunges today. Both sets of skipping was upped to 90 from 65; mountain climbers upped to 75 from 55, including one set that came right after 15 pushups. My arms were not happy!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Forgot to track yesterday's first day of my 9 Week program!
    Calories: 309
    Time: 34
    Max HR: 181
    Avg HR: 140

Today is rest day. I'm back at it tomorrow!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hope you guys don't mind me popping in this thread with a question. My husband just gave me EA Active Sports 2 for the Wii (for Valentine's Day - he asked what I wanted! lol) Anyway - after reading on here how hard it was, I started with the three week program. I set it on medium first, but the first two workouts were so easy and I only burned about 60 calories, so for today's workout, I switched it to the hard setting, but it was still super-easy, so I also added a 35-minute hard cardio workout (which was hard! Mountain climbers are killer.) Anyway - my question - should I just quit the three-week program and start the 9-week, or should I finish the three-week and just also include the extra 35 minutes of straight cardio? I know I need strength training for toning, but I WANT to burn more calories so I can burn fat to help me lost this weight that is so hard to come off (since I have less than 10 pounds to lose). Any input is appreciated!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I did a trainer-generated workout today:

Calories: 180.6
    Time: 26:29
    Avg HR: 110
    Max HR: 150

I wasn't really feeling super pumped during today's workout. Think it might be time to kick it up to Medium from Easy.
  • sharper43
    Options
    I gotta get this game. Want to play!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I hope you guys don't mind me popping in this thread with a question. My husband just gave me EA Active Sports 2 for the Wii (for Valentine's Day - he asked what I wanted! lol) Anyway - after reading on here how hard it was, I started with the three week program. I set it on medium first, but the first two workouts were so easy and I only burned about 60 calories, so for today's workout, I switched it to the hard setting, but it was still super-easy, so I also added a 35-minute hard cardio workout (which was hard! Mountain climbers are killer.) Anyway - my question - should I just quit the three-week program and start the 9-week, or should I finish the three-week and just also include the extra 35 minutes of straight cardio? I know I need strength training for toning, but I WANT to burn more calories so I can burn fat to help me lost this weight that is so hard to come off (since I have less than 10 pounds to lose). Any input is appreciated!
    I started straight away with the 9-week challenge, so I'm not sure how the cardio kick start is. Were you active before you started the workout? If so, I don't see why you can''t just start with the 9-week program. I know with the 9-week program, the workouts get hard the further into the program you go. Not sure if the cardio kick start is the same though. Good luck!!!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Writer4him-I'd go right to the 9-week if I were you.

Today was workout 31 (I think)-Hard

47 Min
    237 Calories
    116 BPM

More arms than legs. First time I've ever done 15 regular push ups. I stopped twice but I did them. Normally I switch to girlie ones because my arm muscles are puney. Yeah me. And I agree mountain climbers after push ups is just plain mean!
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Writer4him I started with the Cardio kickstart program too because I wasn't exercising at all before. I did think it was pretty easy in the beginning, but the workouts do get a little longer as it progresses. The best thing about it is that it got me into the rhythm of working out and did help with endurance. But if you already workout then I would just go into the 9 week program.

Today I did the first workout of phase 2. I'm still behind since I missed a few workouts in the past week. I hope to get caught up before Monday. Strength exercises went from 10 reps to 12 and there is a new squat exercise. Nothing too bad.

35:33
    195.2 Calories burned
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Workout 28 medium
    41:22
    278.1 calories
    141 Avg HR
    181 Max HR

I believe there were 6 sets of stride jumps - some sets of 80 (norm), some 110. I don't think I've eaten enough today because my head is killing me right now. My head really wasn't into it but I completed it anyway. Next workout isn't until Monday. Shakemybooty, I had tons of squats & lunges, including a new exercise - alternating jump split squats.
  • elvb
    Options
    Workout #2 9 week program on Medium (using Sportline HRM)
    Calories: 369
    Time: 35 min
    Max HR: 180
    Avg HR: 134

Wahoo!!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Great burn, elvbierbaum! I really need to get on my S.O. to get my HRM. I'm ready to get a more accurate reading. I'm afraid of undereating.
  • elvb
    Options
    Great burn, elvbierbaum! I really need to get on my S.O. to get my HRM. I'm ready to get a more accurate reading. I'm afraid of undereating.

Thanks!! That's what I was afraid of too. I can EAT now! LOL
    The games HRM said I only burned 145!!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful advice! I skipped the cardio kick-start today and just did a trainer-generated cardio workout and it was WAY harder. I am going to start the 9 week challenge tomorrow. Is it too late to join this group?

Kathy