Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    TODAY WAS MY LAST WORKOUT!! Whoo hoo!!

53 MInutes
    325 Calories

I will tell you that 17 minutes into it I thought I wasn't going to make it but I did! There were 4 sets of foot fires, 3 mountain climbers, 2 reverse lunges with high knees, multiple verisons of squats/jump squats/jump lunges, two moutain biking, two mountain boarding, and the dreaded one leg hip bridges.

It said I burnt 7,856 calories over the 9 week program and 9,001 total for that plus the other ones I did besides.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options

53 MInutes
    325 Calories

I will tell you that 17 minutes into it I thought I wasn't going to make it but I did! There were 4 sets of foot fires, 3 mountain climbers, 2 reverse lunges with high knees, multiple verisons of squats/jump squats/jump lunges, two moutain biking, two mountain boarding, and the dreaded one leg hip bridges.

It said I burnt 7,856 calories over the 9 week program and 9,001 total for that plus the other ones I did besides.
    :drinker: Congrats!!!! I have four more to go, starting tonight. I can't wait to get there! I don't think I like the sounds of the final workout though.
  • jenkins89
    jenkins89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I got EA sports to do along side my calories as my treadmill isnt getting any action since i bought it way back in 2009!!!

I started with the 3 week plan on medium, I've just finished my 3rd workout and I didn't feel as worked out as I had hoped. I had previously done two in a row to keep up with the program as I didn't complete one when I set it up.

Can I change the intensity to high without starting again or am I setting myself up to fail as does it get harder as you progress??
  • jenkins89
    Options
    Also, is there an option to pick and choose different activites just to do for fun instead of going through and completing a whole workout. Say like doing the cardio bowing by itsself?

I like doing a full workout but at the moment I don't feel like its enough and would like to up my calories lost without doing two workouts in a row.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options

53 MInutes
    325 Calories

Congratulations! Do you think you will do the program over again or will you move on to something different?
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Also, is there an option to pick and choose different activites just to do for fun instead of going through and completing a whole workout. Say like doing the cardio bowing by itsself?

I like doing a full workout but at the moment I don't feel like its enough and would like to up my calories lost without doing two workouts in a row.

well, you could always repeat a workout...!

How "not worked out" do you feel? The intensity *will* increase throughout the program.

Although you haven't been on the treadmill, have you been doing some exercise? In other words, are you pretty sedentary at this point, or are you reasonably in shape? If the former, then I think I'd say "stick with the program"; if the latter, then maybe the Hard setting isn't a bad idea. To the best of my knowledge, you'd be starting from Workout 1. (Not a big loss, though, right? You're still in the first week of the program!)
  • writer4him
    Options

I started with the 3 week set on medium and didn't think it was challenging enough also - and then I changed the 3-week to hard and it still wasn't enough, so I jumped into the 9 week set at hard. The 9 week at hard is harder than the three week. Some workouts are harder than others, but I have only done 6 workouts so far so I am sure it gets even harder.

You can do a custom workout (at the main menu) to add to your workout it you want to.
  • writer4him
    Options
    Workout 6 -hard
    time 35.31
    av hr 111
    max hr 176
    calories 173.8

I have decided that all exercises with the word, "mountain" in them are killer. :)
  • LarryPGH
    Options

Congratulations!

Now that you're a "graduate", I will try and picture you when I see the PT's avatar on-screen -- of course, that means that all my glares and swearing will be directed at you! :laugh:
  • shakemybooty
    Options

Congratulations!

Now that you're a "graduate", I will try and picture you when I see the PT's avatar on-screen -- of course, that means that all my glares and swearing will be directed at you! :laugh:

Go for it! My sister in law calls me LUCY because I'm always bossing her around when she tells me she can't get something done. I call her LINUS and tell her to lose the blanket! :wink:

Writer-I'm moving on to the Insanity program. If I feel better today, I might start this afternoon. If not, I'm going to do other workouts the rest of the week and start it next Monday. I still haven't kicked my cold/ear infection. I'm still going to be popping in to cheer you guys on!
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first workout and so far so good!
    I have a Polar HRM and have to say it was pretty close to the EA HRM.

Anyone else doing this right now? I haven't actually started the 9 week challenge...well really today was a rest day but I had to try it out. Tomorrow will officially be day 1 and I will weigh in just to compare my results in 9 weeks.

If you have this and are up for the 9 week challenge please join me here. I need this thread to keep me motivated and working hard!

:flowerforyou:

Ooops forgot my info:

Time: 0:16:50

Calories Burned: 71.2
    Avg. HR - 111
    Workout 100%

Polar HRM says
    Time: 27 mins
    Calories Burned: 74 burned

I have 2 days to complete the cardio kick start I just started this program and thik it is great. I have this on the PS3
  • LarryPGH
    Options
    I just remembered a question I wanted to put out here -- I always think of it while exercising, but till now, have forgotten to ask it.

The numbers that EASA2 puts up for calories burned: does that include the base calories (i.e., 30 minutes' worth of our normal BMR + lifestyle multiplier), or is it just the "extra" that we're burning from the exercise?

That having been asked, when we enter our workouts here, it assumes that these calories *don't* include basic life-function calories burnt, right?
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Count me in I have 2 more workouts to complete the cardio kick start I have this program on the PS3. is there a group name and password?
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Count me in I have 2 more workouts to complete the cardio kick start I have this program on the PS3. is there a group name and password?

There's a group for wii users. I thought I had read a thread for PS3 users that might have a group going. You might want to search it.
    The numbers that EASA2 puts up for calories burned: does that include the base calories (i.e., 30 minutes' worth of our normal BMR + lifestyle multiplier), or is it just the "extra" that we're burning from the exercise?

That having been asked, when we enter our workouts here, it assumes that these calories *don't* include basic life-function calories burnt, right?

Anyone that has used a regular heart rate monitor says the game monitor is a little light on the calories burned, partially because it doesn't count the calories you're burning while it's loading the next exercise. I'd assume it doesn't include the basic life-function calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Update to the software today... BOOOOO! :grumble:

It doesn't play music from the custom playlist during the aerobics anymore. That was the main reason I did custom playlists! I can't get into the groove with that canned elevator music! I need some cheesy classic disco or old school hip hop! I want some Donna Summers, Rick James, Sugar Hill Gang, Digital Underground or Young MC!

Guess I'll have to just turn down the volume and play my own music separately.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I never ever listen to it anymore, put my own music on :D Can't cope with the woman telling me I am not doing things that I am grrrrrrr.

Workout 29 (hard) Count down 8 left :D

Time 46.36

Cals 287.5

AHR 144

MHR 193
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Workout 20 (easy)

Time 36.29

Cals 299.7

AHR 136

MHR 181

I don't know how you guys do the 'hard' workouts. The easy ones just about kill me. :explode:

But I'm going to keep plugging away. 9 weeks on easy. 9 weeks on medium. Heart attack. 9 weeks on easy...
  • jenkins89
    Options
    Thanks I add a custom workout when I feel like I haven't been worked enough! And then maybe switch to the 9 week hard program!!
  • LarryPGH
    Options

uh-oh... which game platform do you have?
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options

uh-oh... which game platform do you have?
    It's the PS3 that updated today. I got it too.