EA Sports Active 2 - 9 week Challenge

Options

Replies

• LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Guess who had two sets of 240 foot fires tonight? :laugh: Serves me right.

I'm on the easy setting, so it was "only" two sets of 180 foot fires (if I remember correctly -- I may have lapsed into unconsciousness at one point there :wink:). I think Miss Booty has put the foot fire hex on the whole group of us!

(Edited to add:)

Oh -- almost forgot! I ran week 2, day 2 of the C25K tonight ... not bad! my shins feel the burn, but it's not really painful, per se -- hopefully, it'll stay that way!

tomorrow's a complete day off -- no running, no EASA2... Ah, bliss!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Workout 16 (medium)

38:06 min
    193.8 Calories

I never really felt the burn with hip bridges until today when I had to do 20 one leg hip bridges. Thighs on fire!

Oh great this is what i have to look forward to tomorrow LMAO

I did workout 15 this morning. Phase 2 is kicking my butt...so much running....

I did one of the pre set work outs the other day. I think its called Power something... now that is all running and squats and they introduced a nasty thing called jumping split squats... yeah i had to do 20 and then not once but twice after running... I thought i was going to throw up...
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options

I'm on the easy setting, so it was "only" two sets of 180 foot fires (if I remember correctly -- I may have lapsed into unconsciousness at one point there :wink:). I think Miss Booty has put the foot fire hex on the whole group of us!

(Edited to add:)

Oh -- almost forgot! I ran week 2, day 2 of the C25K tonight ... not bad! my shins feel the burn, but it's not really painful, per se -- hopefully, it'll stay that way!

tomorrow's a complete day off -- no running, no EASA2... Ah, bliss!
    Yeah, I was doing 180 mostly but then in phase 3 they were upped to 240, skipping was also upped to 110. My shins already hurt when I'm doing the running on EASA2 so I know I'm going to have to get some new shoes if I decide to start the C25K program.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I did one of the pre set work outs the other day. I think its called Power something... now that is all running and squats and they introduced a nasty thing called jumping split squats... yeah i had to do 20 and then not once but twice after running... I thought i was going to throw up...
    Yeah, those are now the bane of my existence. I had to do 24 twice last night and my legs were so angry at me when I was done! :laugh:
  • drodgers3
    Options
    I really have no clue where I am going wrong!

I'm male, 36 years old, weigh exactly 16 stone (224lbs), a height of exactly 6ft. I am on Phase 2 of the 9 week course set on medium, up to workout 18 or 19 (I cannot remember which). I drink lots of water, eat about 1200-1500 calories per day (before I started the course I used to eat about 2,500-3,000 calories per day) and on my rest days take the dog for a walk for 40 minutes. However I am still exactly 224lbs, my weight has not gone down or up at all......am I human oddity???!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I'm male, 36 years old, weigh exactly 16 stone (224lbs), a height of exactly 6ft. I am on Phase 2 of the 9 week course set on medium, up to workout 18 or 19 (I cannot remember which). I drink lots of water, eat about 1200-1500 calories per day (before I started the course I used to eat about 2,500-3,000 calories per day) and on my rest days take the dog for a walk for 40 minutes. However I am still exactly 224lbs, my weight has not gone down or up at all......am I human oddity???!

Strange as it may sound...for your height and weight, you probably aren't eating enough. As a female, much shorter and much lighter than you, I eat about 1300-1400 calories each day...so I am guessing you need to be at about 2,000 or so.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I did workout 26 (hard)

Time 48.37

Cals 306.3

AHR 120

MHR 157

The heart monitor is defo not working right. I am happy that I only have one missed day now though.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Hmm... if you're not seeing a difference on the scale, are you seeing a difference in your body? Are you still fitting into your clothes the same way, or have you lost inches / gained muscle tone? Apparently, that offsets the weight lost in fat...
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Workout 30 medium
    45:12
    323.5 calories
    140 Avg HR
    175 Max HR

Oh thank you!! I soooooo needed that today. Today is my rest day and I'm actually resting because my cold has gotten worse.
  • shakemybooty
    Options

I haven't lost any weight at all. I'm EXACTLY the same. I have definitely lost inches though and gained muscle.

Hey Larry-Ms. Booty giggled at that one!! My family would giggle that you think I hexed someone. My x cheated on me...there were a lot of hexes going on back then. LOL Nope--no hexes on you guys. Just happy to see that the trainer isn't just picking on me.

Wait until you see those reverse lunges with high knees! Act like you like them and maybe they won't make you do two sets of them!!
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Workout 17 (medium)

36:12
    208.7 Calories

Today was cardio-mania. Lots of running, skipping, etc. Surprisingly I didn't mind it so much. :happy:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Workout 19 on Medium.... 35 minutes, 189 calories.

I had to cheat on the third set of Mountain Climbers and do them as stride jumps. :grumble: "Viki" seems hell-bent on destroying my quadriceps tendons with all the squats, and the Mountain Climbers don't help matters.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day so I did a trainer generated cardio. 3 sets of mountain climbers! Plus something new that I haven't done before - jumping squats. It was really hard. I burned 145 calories according to the Wii HRM. It felt like more but I don't have the $ to invest in a better one, so I will take it!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am on Phase 2 of the 9 week challenge on Easy.

Today was workout 17. My numbers for today:

Workout time 00:31:45
    calories 271

Didn't find you guys until afterwards, so that's all I've got!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Second one of the day, because I had KFC eeeeeek, at least I am caught up now.

Time 43 mins

Cals 244

AHR 134
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Did Phase 2 work out 16 (hard) this morning

202 Calories burned.

Yep those hip bridges with 1 leg up were a killer.. feel the burn!

tomorrow is a rest day so I may do my custom workout i made up that is mostly step aerobics hehe I love step aerobics so I use that workout as an easy day for my body.

the HRM gives me the whoops on EA2 but I can't afford a real one so yep I'll take what it gives me and if it underestimates at least it means i'm not over eating. LOL
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good workout today. I noticed that skipping and footfires both increased in number. Same with a lot of the other exercises. Two new activities today: Soccer Juggling and Squats w/ overhead triceps extensions. I still don't like overhead triceps extensions-I feel like my form is really bad. Oh well. Got 'em done.

9 week Program Easy Workout 14

Calories: 239.2
    Time: 34:03
    Avg HR: 129
    Max HR: 163

All in all, not a bad burn. My knees finally feel normal again.
  • drodgers3
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions!
  • drodgers3
    Options
    There is a slight possibility that my waist might have gone down a little as some trousers keep slipping, however not enough to go to the next size down and the measure seems to say the same, (I'm a freak!) I do feel better but I think that is just a mental thing.

I believe the 9 week challenge is about building muscle/strength and losing weight, however I really just want to lose weight first and then I can think about putting on a bit of muscle, so was wondering whether I should quit the 9 week challenge and do a custom one, say an hour of step aerobics five days a week (instead of the 9 week challenge four times a week), or similar exercises that mainly would concentrate on losing weight than putting muscle on?

Any suggestions???
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Drodgers-I read that muscle keeps burning up calories after you stop working out so I'd stick with the 9 week.

Today was workout #34-Hard (TWO TO GO!!)

287 Calories
    49 Minutes

It was a tough workout today...but not actually because of the workout. I still have my cold. My darling daughter heard my alarm and tried to get up with me which would have meant no workout for me. By my 4th warmup the battery in my leg thingie died and I knew it was going to keep telling me that every 3 seconds, so I had to stop and replace it. Shortlly after that the tube in the 20+ year old tv decided to croak so my workout was in the center of a green, orange, and black/white bullseye. Very pretty. But the thing that made me laugh the hardest was that my 3rd workout after the warmup was foot fires!! I thought to myself "here we go!" but he was just teasing me and I only had one set. That was to distract me so I wouldn't catch on that there were THREE sets of reverse lunges with high knees. I'll take the foot fires! Lots of jumping thigh burning exercisees today.