EA Sports Active 2 - 9 week Challenge

Options

Replies

• moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Today is my rest day, but I did Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred since they have it on Exercisetv. I definitely feel worked out! Great start to the day. Enjoy your Sunday and keep up the good work!
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi everyone. Yesterday was my birthday so I had cake and went out to dinner. It was also my rest day along with today. On my rest days I am now doing a custom workout that is mostly step.

I was dreading my weigh-in this morning but shouldn't have because I am down 1.2 for the week. Yiippee!!!! So I guess I am getting the hang of eating right and exercise. Also, I was pleasantly surprised when doing the 30 minute step program when I finished I was not having a hard time breathing ... I guess my endurance is getting better.

Have a great week everyone!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Wocawa and Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Thank you!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I just did Workout 12, which apparently is phase 2. (hard)

34.55 mins, calories 209.7.

I love it, but hate side planks and mountain climbers grrrrrrrrrrr.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just got this "game" last Wednesday! I've started the Cardio Kick Start (or whatever it's called) but have only done one workout in it. I've done a custom workout too. I personally am having a difficult time believing the HRM that came with the game. I'm sweating, heart is racing....and it says I'm only burning like 100 calories in 30 minutes!! Crazy. I can't wait to get a chest band HRM!!
    Anyway, I'm scheduled to work out today and tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

The HRM is accurate, it is the calories burned that is off. It just doesn't count when the screens are loading.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just got this today! Is it too late for me to join in here? I thought about joining the in-game community, but I really don't need one more excuse to spend time online. :tongue: I plan to start the 9-week thinger tomorrow.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I did Day 2 of the 9 week challenge this morning. :)

I do have to say I like it better then the Cardio kick start. So far every work out has concentrated on the whole body and not one day of squats til your legs want to fall off and then the next day on upper body where your arms want to fall off.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The HRM is accurate, it is the calories burned that is off. It just doesn't count when the screens are loading.

Yea that's what I meant lol. I see my heart is hitting the 165 mark a LOT and yet I'm burning so few calories...seems off.

Today's stats:
    Time: 21.4 min
    Cal: 89.9 (dumb)
    Avg HR: 145
    Max: 170
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I did Day 2 of the 9 week challenge this morning. :)

I do have to say I like it better then the Cardio kick start. So far every work out has concentrated on the whole body and not one day of squats til your legs want to fall off and then the next day on upper body where your arms want to fall off.

That seems to happen in Phase 2.

Today was workout 20 and they threw in a new animal....reverse lunges with high knees. That required a little more balance and coordination than I possessed on a sleepy monday morning. Yikes.

Any watch any Bravo tv? I swear the mail trainer's voice is Andy Cohen from the Bravo channel....or I watch too much Bravo and he's just become the voice in my brain now.

Workout 20-Hard
    42 Minutes
    243 Calories (according to them)
    118 BPM
    Sensor didn't pick up my kickups or runs very well and drove me INSANE. There were many words angrily shouted at the evil trainer.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Today was workout 20 and they threw in a new animal....reverse lunges with high knees. That required a little more balance and coordination than I possessed on a sleepy monday morning. Yikes.
    Was this done on the balance board (if you're using it)? I know I've already done this on the balance board and I'm only on workout 17.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my last workout on the 3 week cardio kickstart today! I amped up the intensity to hard last week, and supposed today's workout is going to be 31 mins long and burn 180 calories, which is amazing since I normally only burn between 120-140. When I started (on medium), I was only burning about 90-100 calories per session.

Tomorrow, I plan on starting the 9 week program on hard! Can't wait. :)
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Just finished workout of 9 week program. 34 minutes, 200 calories according to the Wii. I decided to log it as circuit training and use that calorie determination. The reason is because yesterday I did 30 day shred which is a circuit workout and essentially the same thing as a EA 2. 280 sounds a lot more reasonable to me. Thoughts?

Also, I can't remember (and too lazy at the moment to go back and check) who was wondering about the fit test/weekly summary. I know that someone said it's only in the 9 week program, but I know that is not true since I've had about 4 tests and I just started the 9 week program last week. Anywho I noticed that you have to click on the survey (like food, other activity area) in order for it to pop up. So maybe the reason that you don't see them is that you don't regular take the survey? Just a thought. Have a good day people!
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    OK, offically starting a new program tomorrow evening... I have done a 3 week Cardio Kick Start Program on easy and was going to move onto the medium level but, for thyose of you who have tried both, do you guys think the 9 week program is better? Am I better of just starting that on medium?
  • amccrazgrl
    Options
    I guess that is why its just a "game". Last night it said I burned 160 and my Polar HRM said 209. The games HRM hasn't been to far off than my Polar. Although my gf has the Mio HRM and her's will say 400-500 some but the game says 150. She just takes the average of the 2 numbers then. I just I rather have it guess the calories on the low side than high side to prevent over eating.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ok busy people! Welcome newcomers, happy birthday wocawa and great job so far ladies.

I have had the worst back/neck pain I have failed yet another challenge:frown:

I will not let it get me down though and I am starting to feel a bit better! I hope to be back to EA in a couple of days and jump right back in, the motivation is totally here and I know I can do it!!

keep up the awesome work ladies and I will post my workouts again soon!

I just wanted to add also that different HRM will measure different ways. I can't speak for the EA sports one but I do know when I first got my Polar F6 the V02 max was way too high and it was causing my calories burned to be crazy high. I have never burned 600+ calories during 1 walk in the summer yet the first day with my Polar said that is what I burned. Once I had it better set it was a little more accurate but nothing is 100%. Just my experience with 1 HRM that maybe other didn't or don't know.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Was this done on the balance board (if you're using it)? I know I've already done this on the balance board and I'm only on workout 17.

I don't use the board. There was a different kind of forward lunge a few workouts ago with a jump. This one was different than that one.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options

I don't use the board. There was a different kind of forward lunge a few workouts ago with a jump. This one was different than that one.
    I haven't experienced that forward lunge with jump (jump lunges?) but I definitely have done the reverse lunge with balance on the board. I wonder if the order of the exercises is different because of that. Interesting!
  • amccrazgrl
    Options
    I use my PS3 for EA Active 2 but was getting confused on the step aerobics b/c it has no board to step on. So since I have a Wii balance board I decided it would be beneficial to use it as my "invisible" step. Every since then I haven't got confused doing it.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, I finished the Cardio Kick Start today! The last workout was pretty killer but I can tell that I am more fit than I was when I started. It was way easier than it would have been when I first started out, though. Had my weekly fitness test today too and that also showed a positive change.

I've combined the workout time and calories burned (fitness test plus workout 12).

Cardio Kick Start 12 + Fitness Test
    Calories: 254.6
    Avg HR: 140
    Max HR: 171
    Time 36:23

Tomorrow I start the 9-week program. Looking forward to it!