Daily Check In - Fall 2014

Options

Replies

• goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? not sure
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no - didn't track everything
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? 88 very active minutes according to my Fitbit
    What would I have done differently? track and have a decent lunch. I was starving around 4pm.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and swim
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? no
    Mood today? :yawn: :smile:

Sun - (208) workout - n/a
    Mon - 40 mins swimming
    Tues- 12,549 steps/5.49 miles
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -

I went back and logged my food for yesterday and I wasn't over - yay!
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? NO!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Nope
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Not a darned thing!
    What is today's personal goals? Want to get below 190! This will stay my daily goal until I hit 189.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? No
    Mood today?:angry: at myself! Didn't exercise and went over on nutrition. AND I was 190 when I got up. What was I thinking?! Have my head on straight today!
    9/21 Weight 191.8
    Goal by Thanksgiving - 175
    Goal by end of Fall - 170

Sun - 45 min walk
    Mon - 30 min treadmill & 70 min walks (2)
    Tues- None
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join in with you all. My name is Michelle and I was on here once before, lost weight, and then gained even more back. So, I am back again with alot of work to do! Needless to say, most of my prior MFP friends have also went M.I.A so please feel free to add me so I have encouragement/support buddies. Thank you.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Stayed on point with calorie intake
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Goal was to get signed up at the gym. Done.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Finally did join a gym and workout, and today I am sore :)
    What would I have done differently? Had more time in my day. :)
    What is today's personal goals? Get back to the gym and focus on some leg exercises and cardio.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Downloaded some new healthy recipes I will be trying this week. Quinoa, couscous and new integrations of vegetables.
    Mood today? Ok, slight headache.

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues- 20 minutes on the elliptical, 2 hours of leisurely walking, lifted weights focusing on arms
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Michelle welcome and great start back. I lost 40 pounds on here and gained some back but I didn't go MIA here but still gained. It was mostly due to not adjusting well to an increased busy work schedule. You may add me but this once great MFP friend is not that great at supporting my many friends here. I am happy that I am logging daily though. Dahlia, hope today is better and you reach that goal.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not sure, my chart says I am under net calories but MFP isn't showing my calories burned for yesterday despite aquafit and increased steps!? but I did get hungry and eat more dinner later in the evening and had fruit.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes and no I got lots of exercise but also got hungrier
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? more activity and steps
    What would I have done differently? not eaten as much for dinner
    What is today's personal goals? I already went for my walk run before work and made myself a healthy breakfast so I guess watching calories the rest of the day
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)?
    Mood today? :huh: yesterday was a mixed bag with successes but higher calories, even though my weekly deficit should be enough to lose I am gaining. I am happy at upping my exercise.

Sun - walk
    Mon -
    Tues- walk on site visit for work and about to go to Aquafit
    Wed - walk/run
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • SundaeT
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I tried too but ultimately, did not…I realized I needed help so I joined MFP!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes and NO…Mostly NO.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went to bed early and didn’t eat as much as I probably could have!

What would I have done differently? Practiced yoga and not munch while I cooked dinner.

What is today's personal goals? 1 hour of yoga track EVERY single thing that goes into my mouth and come under (or just at) my caloric allowance for the day.

Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Barley…On a Kale salad…it was divine.

Mood today? :grumble:

Mon – Sick 
    Tues- Still Sick 
    Wed – No Excuses – 1 Hour Power Yoga practice
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • jillfrisch
    jillfrisch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    welcome to michelle and sundae

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Good water drinking.
    What would I have done differently? forgot to wear step tracker today...will do tomorrow
    What is today's personal goals? dont think i will make 2x in gym this week...will aim to do some exercise at home
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Forgot to say earlier this week that I made pumpkin soup w fresh pumpkin and I have been eating it all week...no cream...not bad on calories...filling
    Mood today? Good again
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    thank you Goldk for welcoming me back ... I don't know what happened to the last month! Life got in the way. But I'm back and trying to get back on track.... at least by being here - still have to get my eating back under control.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? weighed myself and was pleasantly surprised to not have gained in my absence from MFP, started tracking again
    What would I have done differently? better food choices after I got home from work
    What is today's personal goals? Keep logging, missed my workout so need to take a walk or something tonight
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....) can't think of anything
    Mood today? kind of down

Mon - Step class - 60 min.
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs-
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun-
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    ISTPAUL - Welcome back, we are to support you. :flowerforyou:

WELCOME TO: Sundae T and Findingmeagan :flowerforyou:

I see our group is expanding this month, so nice to see new faces. :wink:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got my upstairs cleaned
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What is today's personal goals? Keep logging, stay on top of things, exercise
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....) Yes, I made salmon cakes, a recipe from
    my MIL.
    Mood today? :happy:

Mon - Yoga class - 75 min.
    Tues - Cleaned my upstairs 130 min.
    Wed -
    Thurs-
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun-
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes:smooched:
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Nope
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Planned eating, did my exercise, ate well and stayed way below calories.
    What is today's personal goals? Want to get below 190! This will stay my daily goal until I hit 189.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Blue bunny sweet freedom fudge bar. Only 35 calories per bar. Since I was way below calories I had for a snack. Not bad for 35 calories!
    Mood today?:bigsmile: Have my head on straight today! Confident I can stay in control of this weight loss journey. Oh........told the bank I'm fully retiring in early December! Feeling good!:smooched:
    9/21 Weight 191.8
    Goal by Thanksgiving - 175
    Goal by end of Fall - 170

Sun - 45 min walk
    Mon - 30 min treadmill & 70 min walks (2)
    Tues- None
    Wed - 100 min treadmill
    Thurs -
    Fri -
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Welcome back lstPaul:flowerforyou: Welcome to all the other posters who has joined our checkin! It was buried in my checkin but I made it official at work. I'm fully retiring early December! I can really concentrate on my weight loss then!
  • whitewolf1200
    whitewolf1200 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't really post much so hi everyone. Here's my information for today.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Finished my homework
    What would I have done differently? wouldn't shove food in my face.
    What is today's personal goals? Eat less
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Tried vegan noodles. They're pretty nasty. Not buying them again.
    Mood today? Tired. I haven't been sleeping much recently because of assignments at school. Very discouraged because I stopped losing weight and I seem to be stuck in the state I'm in.
    Sun - Cardio
    Mon - Cardio + legs
    Tues- Cardio+ arms
    Wed - Cardio
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • jillfrisch
    Options
    Dahlia congrats you you!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Even though I was over today, I still kept in focus what I am trying to do and didn't go overboard. Even though there was a big dinner at someone's house, I did pretty good.
    What would I have done differently? not had the brownie.
    What is today's personal goals? follow my food plan.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) Yes, Pomegranite seeds and a date. Also, sweet kind of carrots & Sugar Challah and a leek. Yuk on everything except the Sugar Challah. That was so delicious.
    Mood today? Tired. Anxious. rushed.

Sun - Walked 29 minutes and back exercises.
    Mon - Walked 24 minutes
    Tues- Walked 23 minutes.
    Wed - Part of the back exercises and a 20 minute walk
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Thanks! I've even transitioning out for about 4 years! Decided it was time to do it! Feeling really good about it! Mood today???? Ecstatic! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Welcome back lstPaul:flowerforyou: Welcome to all the other posters who has joined our checkin! It was buried in my checkin but I made it official at work. I'm fully retiring early December! I can really concentrate on my weight loss then!

Dahlia - Good for you!!!! Congratulations on your retirement!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Very close so I am going to say yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't get my workout in ...
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? did a much better job with food, and I tracked everything
    What would I have done differently? gotten some kind of exercise in
    What is today's personal goals? Keep logging, need to take a walk sometime today
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....)
    Mood today? worried, my mom is in the hospital for severe vertigo and high blood pressure, waiting to hear an update from my dad

Mon - Step class - 60 min.
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs-
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun-
  • bonniebell01
    Options
    Every day gets easier! Stay strong and know that you're doing this for YOU! Best of luck!
  • Apothys28
    Apothys28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I Did
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I don't set daily goals
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Improved on my 5km run time. Ran it in 25:20
    What would I have done differently? Nothing, it was a good day! I resisted major junk food urges at lunch time.
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under my calories
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Freekah. Not as tasty as Quinoa but 1/4 the price! With more Fibre
    Mood today? indifferent

Sun - 5k run
    Mon - rest
    Tues- 5k run
    Wed - 5k run
    Thurs - 5k run
    Fri - rest
    Sat - 5k run

Next week I am starting with a personal trainer hitting the weights!
  • jillfrisch
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? i could have had 40 g chocolate to reach my goal but I was satisfied w only 32 g
    What would I have done differently? More meal planning
    What is today's personal goals? nervous for tomorrow happy hour at a friends house but I offered to bring something and I added some healthy sides to that. I am also brining white wine and will limit myself to 2 glasses max.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc). Nope
    Mood today? Good

Stay positive everyone. We're doing this!
  • ilovesnugglies
    ilovesnugglies Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I stared something new yesterday! I started back on MFP and I already feel great!