Daily Check In - Fall 2014

Options

Replies

• aslteacher50
    Options
    I am new here but I appreciate your support and encouragement. I like simple!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't get my workout in ... I took a nap instead :(
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Tracked all of my food.
    What would I have done differently? I should have gone to the gym.
    What is today's personal goals? Keep logging, need to take a walk sometime today
    Did you try something new recently? Actually did not snack on junk when I was hungry.
    Mood today? Content

Mon - .
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs- walk...I hope
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun-
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Stayed on point with calorie intake
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, got to the gym and worked on my legs/cardio.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed within calorie goal and got my lazy butt moving.
    What would I have done differently? walked during my work breaks
    What is today's personal goals? Taking my stepson to the gym, getting in a good workout myself.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Yes, I made stuffed tomatos last night. Under 300 calories, 21 grams of protein, very nice meal. (chicken, couscous, broccoli, onion, mushroom, carrots, curry and a sprinkle of cheddar)
    Mood today? :-) Ready for Friday!!

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues- 20 minutes on the elliptical, 2 hours of leisurely walking, lifted weights focusing on arms
    Wed - 2 miles on the treadmill, weight machines focusing on my legs
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? A little over on my sodium but good on everything else
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Nope
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Planned eating, ate clean
    What is today's personal goals? Want to get below 190! This will stay my daily goal until I hit 189.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? No
    Mood today? :yawn: tired but good. Today is my Friday so have 4 day weekend.
    9/21 Weight 191.8
    Goal by Thanksgiving - 175
    Goal by end of Fall - 170

Sun - 45 min walk
    Mon - 30 min treadmill & 70 min walks (2)
    Tues- None
    Wed - 100 min treadmill
    Thurs - 35 min treadmill and 15 min elliptical
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Congrats Dahlia, nice to see new and returning friends.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes but no exercise today
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? running before work and healthy breakfast
    What would I have done differently? exercised
    What is today's personal goals? drink more water
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) not really
    Mood today? :flowerforyou:

Sun - walk
    Mon -
    Tues- walk on site visit for work and about to go to Aquafit
    Wed - walk/run
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    How did I miss that you are a runner, KeriA?!

Welcome to all the new folk!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Fought the strong urges that I had to eat out at Mexican Restaurants. Didn't exactly stick with my plan, but did stay under in calories.
    What would I have done differently? not had the Dipped Cone from McDonalds.
    What are today's personal goals? try not to overeat. It will be a challenging day. Eating out at someone's house for lunch... No food plan for today.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) = Dipped Cone from McDonalds. I won't get that, again. It was okay & not worth the extra 100 calories. Would rather just have the Vanilla Cone from there in the future.
    Mood today? Rushed in the morning, later relaxed and happy.

Sun - Walked 29 minutes and back exercises.
    Mon - Walked 24 minutes
    Tues- Walked 23 minutes.
    Wed - Part of the back exercises and a 20 minute walk
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -

Linda
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? not sure
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no - didn't track
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? hum?
    What would I have done differently? track
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and swim
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? no
    Mood today? :love: It's FRIDAY!!!

Sun - (208) workout - n/a
    Mon - 40 mins swimming
    Tues- 12,549 steps/5.49 miles
    Wed - 40 mins swimming
    Thurs - n/a
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Very close so I am going to say yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't get my workout in ...
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? did a much better job with food, and I tracked everything
    What would I have done differently? gotten some kind of exercise in
    What is today's personal goals? Keep logging, need to take a walk sometime today
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....)
    Mood today? worried, my mom is in the hospital for severe vertigo and high blood pressure, waiting to hear an update from my dad

Mon - Step class - 60 min.
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs-
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun-

I hope your mom is feeling better today :flowerforyou:
  • goldk
    Options
    Thanks! I've even transitioning out for about 4 years! Decided it was time to do it! Feeling really good about it! Mood today???? Ecstatic! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Congratulations!!!! I went back to school a few years ago and switched to part time. When I finished school I stayed part time at my work and lost 30lbs. As you can tell I'm back full-time and up 30lbs :noway: Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Went a little astray last night. My guy brought over something to drink :/
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, took my stepson to gym, tho it was short visit as I was crazy busy, still worked my arms.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Nothing really, went over budget in cals and didnt get enough exercise in. Oh well, it's a new day, right?.
    What would I have done differently? Definately would've like more time. Busy with work, dinner, son's birthday party this evening, Daughter's school project, etc. Wish I wouldn't keep forgetting to bring my tennies into work, I could walk on breaks and lunch. Hard to do in heels. :/
    What is today's personal goals? Try to find time to workout AT ALL today, as my son's party is this evening. And to try NOT to eat any of the pizza, cookie cake and ice cream that I will be serving. I am making a 'zucchini pizza' casserole dish where you use zucchini as a 'crust' and I bought skinny cow 150 cal ice cream sandwhiches so that I do not feel too deprived tonight. (I am making sure I take it light today as I def wanna sneak a piece of crazy bread this evening!)
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Made cooking light's Quinoa Meatballs with spaghetti squash (like spaghetti and meatballs) surprisingly a very good substitution on occasion.
    Mood today? Extremely happy the weekend is here!

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues- 20 minutes on the elliptical, 2 hours of leisurely walking, lifted weights focusing on arms
    Wed - 2 miles on the treadmill, weight machines focusing on my legs
    Thurs - Did the weight circuit on my arms again, pathetic 10 minutes on elliptical (due to time crunch) Busy day yesterday.
    Fri -
    Sat -

Didn't think to add in total daily steps/miles, so I will add those on too. (They count for something, right? lol)

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues- 11532 steps/4.82 miles
    Wed - 12060 steps/5.03 miles
    Thurs - 11958 steps/5.01 miles
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello to the new faces!

ISPAUL - May your mom feel better soon. Such a worry for you. :flowerforyou:
    DAHLIA - Congrats on the retirement. I am going on year 3 this January of retirement. :drinker:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? When shopping with my sister.
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What is today's personal goals? Keep logging, stay on top of things, exercise
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....) No
    Mood today? :happy:

Mon - Yoga class - 75 min.
    Tues - Cleaned my upstairs 130 min.
    Wed - Strength w/weights 25 min
    Thurs- Shopping with my sister, just walking around the new Mall. 5,306 steps - 2.5 miles
    Fri - Biking 11 miles (12-14 mps)
    Sat - Sailing to another port and staying overnight. Lots of walking
    Sun- Sailing back to our club.
  • jillfrisch
    jillfrisch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? maintained some control at Happy Hour w all the food
    What would I have done differently? skipped the piece of chocolate when I got home (was it a reward for being mostly good at Happy Hour? Or "ok...I went over on calories anyway, might as well have more"??)
    What is today's personal goals? Do some fitness today
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc). Romanian potato salad (no mayo dressing)
    Mood today? Ehhhh
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track everything but prob not. Had some family over for cocktails and then went out for dinner.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got half the house finally picked up and cleaned! Did get a 45 min walk in the morning in the middle of cleaning
    What is today's personal goals? Want to get below 190! This will stay my daily goal until I hit 189.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Fiber one chocolate cereal. Very little calories and stays crunchy.
    Mood today? Great but lazy. Had all kinds of plans before I go work a booth at a wine event, but now sitting on couch watching food network. Oh well, there's always another day!
    9/21 Weight 191.8

Sun - 45 min walk
    Tues- None
    Wed - 100 min treadmill
    Fri - 2 hours cleaning & Fall decorating, 45 min walk, 30 min treadmill
    Sat -
  • jillfrisch
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Proud of tracking food all week
    What would I have done differently? Exercised more
    What is today's personal goals?reorganize closet, clean
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc). No
    Mood today? ok
  • KeriA
    Options
    1st Paul, I hope your Mom is better soon.
    Linda, maybe you missed it since I had to stop running for a while with a small knee injury and just do it when I can. My worked schedule changed so I am hoping to walk/run 2-3 mornings a week on days I go to work later.
    Kristen, that is what happened to me too. I had a forced retitement/light employment period during the economic downturn and lost 40 pounds. Now that I am working alot again I have gained more than half back and struggling to turn that around.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes barely
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes but no exercise yesterday
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? drinking a bit more
    What would I have done differently? exercised an d posted here
    What is today's personal goals? drink more water, finish working on cleaning our huge carport
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) not really
    Mood today? :smile: I lost weight finally, 1 pound over my MFP posted weight but 3 pounds from yesterday and 2 from my average weight last week.

Sun - walk
    Mon -
    Wed - walk/run
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat - aquafit

Keri
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track everything but sure I was okay. Just wasn't the most nutritional day. Worked a wine tasting event so calories were from dips & spreads and alcohol
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Loaded and unloaded booth. Probably stood about 5 hrs. Still walked 45 with husband after I got home.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)?
    Mood today? Okay but sluggish. Slept awful last night
    9/21 Weight 191.8

Sun - 45 min walk
    Tues- None
    Wed - 100 min treadmill
    Fri - 2 hours cleaning & Fall decorating, 45 min walk, 30 min treadmill
    Sat - 45 min walk. 1 hr loading & unloading and lots of standing
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? enjoyed the sunny warm fall day
    What would I have done differently? eat better
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and some yard work
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? no
    Mood today? :happy:

Sun - (208 - no change)
    Mon -
    Tues-
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    1stPaul -- I hope your Mom is better, now.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
    What would I have done differently? had better self-control.
    What is today's personal goals?
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) Pecan Kugel - was really good!
    Mood today? :yawn:
    Weighed in: 145 - Rats! Gained back a couple pounds over the last few days. Need to plan food, stick with it & exercise -- like most people in order to lose weight... :ohwell:

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues-
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • jillfrisch
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Within calorie limit, bought some new clothes for fall
    What would I have done differently? Exercise is the goal this week. Tuesday will be gym day ans I hope to het one other day in.
    What is today's personal goals?
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc)
    Mood today? Postitve

Wishing everyone a great week. Be strong!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes a bit light
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? aquafit and cleaning carport
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? I burned alot of calories working on the carport, Tomorrow I want to go for a run and make a healthy breakfast
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) reading some MFP blogs to get inspired
    Mood today?:ohwell: then :smile:

Sun - walk
    Mon -
    Wed - walk/run
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat - aquafit

Keri
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track. Did good until evening when we went to the boat club. Lots of snacks. Did pretty well but too much trouble to track and probably ate more than I think.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No! It gets so much harder to lose! :grumble:
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Made a big pot of chicken tortilla soup. Freezer meals for 3 days! We went to Nauvoo and walked through historical area again. Lovely day! Trees are beginning to turn.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)?
    Mood today? :frown: Feeling bummed about weight loss progress. Lost more than 15 lbs in 1 month and it has taken me 2 months to lose 8. Not as structured as we were when we were gone! Back to normal life is hard! Not keeping the momentum.
    9/21 Weight 191.8

Sun - 191.4 (- .4) 30 min treadmill & 60 min walk
    Mon -
    Tues-
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -