Daily Check In - Fall 2014

Options

Replies

• MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Went over by 200
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no goal set yesterday, been a rough couple of days.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? survive. :) Personal life has had a tough couple of days
    What is today's personal goals? stay on track with calories and take stepson to the gym.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)?
    Mood today? OK

Sun - No work out. Walked the mall a little bit, leisurely.
    Mon - 1 mile on tread at gym, lifted weights worked my arms today. Got on Tread for 2 more miles at home.
    Tues- walked on break and during lunch 45 minutes total.
    Wed - skipped the gym, did not sleep the night prior.
    Thurs - .
    Fri -
    Sat -

Didn't think to add in total daily steps/miles, so I will add those on too. (They count for something, right? lol)

Sun - 8241 steps / 3.44 total miles
    Mon - 13921 steps / 5.83 total miles
    Tues- Fit bit is not working to sync so I have no idea. Hoping to resolve this issue through customer support today. (10/2)
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no - over on calories...too much sodium.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? fit in a workout before I got my hair cut
    What would I have done differently? stay within my calories. Not doing well lately. I need to get my food/eating back in check and start making better long term choices.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and bring my sister to her colonoscopy ;-) Hopefully get a workout in too.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? no
    Mood today? :frown:

Sun - (208 - no change)
    Mon - elliptical 35 mins
    Tues- none
    Wed - elliptical 40 mins
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat
  • jillfrisch
    jillfrisch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes...a little over on carbs though
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no...i skipped the gym
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
    What would I have done differently?
    What is today's personal goals? tomorrows goal is fitness after work...no excuses
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? No...i tend to eat the same things so I know the calories
    Mood today? Good

TGIF soon! Congrats everyone on finishing another week! Be nice to yourself over the weekend.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Shirley -- I hope your husband's back is okay. What happened? (Or did I miss that post...)
    GoldK -- Thinking of you... :flowerforyou:
    Finding -- Hope things get better for you. :flowerforyou:
    Jilll -- Thank you! Hope you have a nice weekend.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stuck to my food plan even though I had especially hard cravings when I went to the mall & almost stopped and got something several times.... but didn't. Amazing! :tongue:
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goal? stick with my food plan
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) Yes! Stouffers Stuffed Pepper - 190 cals. was my lunch. I did not eat the Bell Pepper as I like the flavor but don't like chewing on a bell pepper. It was stuffed with beef and rice in a tomatoey sauce. It was delicious!!! I thought that I would not like it, but decided to try it, anyway. It is very high in sodium if anyone is thinking of trying it.
    Mood today? Anxious, nervous, tired most of the day, but now I am Happy as things I was nervous and anxious about went well.

Sun - back exercises & push-ups
    Mon - Top Golf
    Tues. - nope
    Wed. - walked for 23 min.

Linda
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track everything but probably was okay with what I ate.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Did except had a cookie for dessert at the funeral dinner
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Not to boast, but sang really well at funeral today. Family was very touched. Glad I could help make the service memorable for them and make them feel comforted. Did treadmill tonight even though was really tired!
    What would I have done differently? Not eaten that cookie but was good!
    What is today's personal goals? Eating 2meals out tomorrow. Eat smart!
    Mood today? Feeling stressed, frazzled, & tired! Too many things on my plate!
    9/21 Weight 191.8
    Goal by Thanksgiving - 175
    Goal by end of Fall - 170

Sun - 191.4 (- .4) 30 min treadmill & 60 min walk
    Mon - 60 min walk & 30 min treadmill
    Tues- none!
    Wed - 25 min treadmill & 30 min walking hospital halls while volunteering
    Thurs - 2 35 min sessions on treadmill. Burned 400 calories.
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? took my sister to her doctor's appt.
    What would I have done differently? exercise
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and swim (or elliptical)
    Mood today? not going to be down on myself. There is just so much going on and I am in denial that I am stressed :noway: . Since I have no support (at home) I will stop making excuses and not wait until Monday to start making better choices. It starts with me - right?

Sun - (208 - no change)
    Mon - elliptical 35 mins
    Tues- none
    Wed - elliptical 40 mins
    Thurs - none
    Fri -
    Sat
  • goldk
    Options
    Shirley -- I hope your husband's back is okay. What happened? (Or did I miss that post...)
    GoldK -- Thinking of you... :flowerforyou:
    Finding -- Hope things get better for you. :flowerforyou:
    Jilll -- Thank you! Hope you have a nice weekend.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stuck to my food plan even though I had especially hard cravings when I went to the mall & almost stopped and got something several times.... but didn't. Amazing! :tongue:
    What is today's personal goal? stick with my food plan
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) Yes! Stouffers Stuffed Pepper - 190 cals. was my lunch. I did not eat the Bell Pepper as I like the flavor but don't like chewing on a bell pepper. It was stuffed with beef and rice in a tomatoey sauce. It was delicious!!! I thought that I would not like it, but decided to try it, anyway. It is very high in sodium if anyone is thinking of trying it.
    Mood today? Anxious, nervous, tired most of the day, but now I am Happy as things I was nervous and anxious about went well.

Mon - Top Golf
    Tues. - nope

Linda

Try making the stuffed peppers from scratch then you can cut down on the sodium. I love stuffed peppers. I use ground turkey, rice or quinoa, tomato sauce or diced tomato, and instead of green peppers I sometimes use yellow and orange. Mix it up! Same stuffing works for stuffed zucchini too. Oh... I don't forget the cheese on top :bigsmile:
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes...a little over on carbs though
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no...i skipped the gym
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
    What would I have done differently?
    What is today's personal goals? tomorrows goal is fitness after work...no excuses
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? No...i tend to eat the same things so I know the calories
    Mood today? Good

TGIF soon! Congrats everyone on finishing another week! Be nice to yourself over the weekend.

TGIF - Thanks for your support!!!
  • BrendaRey74
    BrendaRey74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes if you add in extra exercise calories. I was over one day with out the eat-backs.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Ate at the cafeteria buffet and still stayed within calories.
    What is today's personal goals? 5 miles, same as always ;-)
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? Starting calisthenics. I can't do a single push-up! I'll get there but it's gonna take some work. Just a bit of a shocker. I've come a long way in my eyes but I have so far still to go.
    Mood today? Good

I don't do gym time. I count steps.
    Sun - 12,497
    Mon - 9,141
    Tues- 11,444
    Wed - 11,255
    Thurs - 11,876
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    DEEVA62 - WELCOME to the group. :flowerforyou:

LINDA - My husband hurt his back in June. We lost a month of sailing this summer due to that.
    Also his mom was in the hospital for a week. A tough summer but we got through it.
    His back is much better due to chiropractic and massage. Now to get the results of the MRI
    and we can go from there. Thanks for asking. :flowerforyou:

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No way, over in calories
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No goal set for that day
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went shopping with my friend and bought some Christmas gifts.
    What would I have done differently? Exercised of course and not had that Gelato, although my lunch was healthy.
    What is today's personal goals? Keep tracking, exercise and watch the calories, going out for dinner.
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....) Mushroom soup at a restaurant, delicious
    Mood today? :smile:

Mon - Walking 40 min - 2.5 miles
    Tues - Biking 9.5 miles
    Wed - Yoga 75 min.
    Thurs- Shopping, 6,404 steps - 3 miles
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Went over a bit again
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Well I did take my stepson to the gym. But my knee swelled up so I only slow walked on tread about 30 minutes and did my arm weight routine.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? at least walked a bit since my knee flared up
    What is today's personal goals? stay on track with calories, I do not plan to go to the gym today. IT'S FRIDAY!! :)
    Mood today? Better

Sun - No work out. Walked the mall a little bit, leisurely.
    Mon - 1 mile on tread at gym, lifted weights worked my arms today. Got on Tread for 2 more miles at home.
    Tues- walked on break and during lunch 45 minutes total.
    Wed - skipped the gym, did not sleep the night prior.
    Thurs - Went to gym for a bit, did arm weight routine and slow walked on tread about 30 min.
    Fri -
    Sat -

Didn't think to add in total daily steps/miles, so I will add those on too. (They count for something, right? lol)

Sun - 8241 steps / 3.44 total miles
    Mon - 13921 steps / 5.83 total miles
    Tues- Fit bit is not working to sync so I have no idea. Hoping to resolve this issue through customer support today. (10/2)
    Wed - Lost results as apparently I had a bad charger
    Thurs - Got it working mid day recorded 4536 steps/2 miles I know I did more than that but Oh well
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? all but one day this week...
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't have one.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? helped my daughter find a place she'd not been to before
    What would I have done differently? exercised...
    What is today's personal goals? to do the dishes, wash a load of clothes and go to the grocery, triple check, :)
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? yesterday i added pepperoni and sausage to my pizza bread sandwich which i've never done before.
    Mood today? aggravated this morning to happier this evening/ night.

Fri... fitbit one 4417 steps
  • goldk
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? made better choices and didn't eat the brownies that my husband made. I really think he does this intentionally.
    What would I have done differently? not stress out about stuff going on....the swim helped
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and elliptical
    Mood today? better

Sun - (208 - no change)
    Mon - elliptical 35 mins
    Tues- none
    Wed - elliptical 40 mins
    Thurs - none
    Fri - 40 min swim
    Sat
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Out for dinner and didn't count calories, so No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Our for dinner with friends and shared their travels in China
    What would I have done differently? Kind of having a sweet tooth lately, so had ice cream probably not
    have it and track my dinner. :ohwell:
    What is today's personal goals? Strength training with weights, stay on track and focus. Kind of slipping
    lately. :ohwell:
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....)Curried chicken last night at dinner.

Tues - Biking 9.5 miles
    Wed - Yoga 75 min.
    Fri - - Walking 3 miles
    Sat -
    Sun
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? barely
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Thursday yes went to art walk, Friday no. Aquafit today
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Last night I started to get hungry reading in bed so instead of getting anything I just turned out the light and went to sleep
    What would I have done differently? posted here
    What is today's personal goals? I already went to aquafit so I guess water and staying with my calorie goal maybe some cleaning
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) hmmm
    Mood today? doing fine

Sun - heavy cleaning for a long period
    Mon -
    Tues- Aquafit
    Wed - walk/run
    Thurs - Artwalk lots of steps
    Fri -
    Sat - Aquafit

Keri
  • Elbee1
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Didn't have food planned today, but managed to stay under in calories, anyway.
    What would I have done differently? Had dinner cooked much earlier during the day.
    What is today's personal goal? fasting today (religious holiday) and hope to stay under once I break the fast, but that's going to be really tough. I do not have a plan...
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) = Cascadian Farm Organic - Sweet & Salty Peanut Pretzel Chewy Granola Bars - 160 cals. I like these! (chocolate covered on one side)
    Mood today?:yawn:

Mon - Top Golf
    Tues. - nope
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track but probably over some put exercised it off
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Not set
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Made 900, yes 900, turkey pies with our hospital auxiliary to sell our bazaar. Picked up sister and husband at train station. Visiting from Oregon. Parents here from Florida. Going to be a great family time!
    What would I have done differently? Not eaten two scones yesterday but...........
    What is today's goal? Eat smart today at large family reunion carry in!
    Mood today? Tired, but good
    9/21 Weight 191.8
    Goal by Thanksgiving - 175
    Goal by end of Fall - 170

Sun - 191.4 to 188.4 (-3 lbs). :happy:
    Mon -
    Tues-
    Wed -
    Thurs - .
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Elbee1
    Options
    DahliaBanker -- 900 Turkey pies!!! Wow! I'd love your recipe, if you have time to send it to me. If not, don't worry about it.

Shirley - Sorry to hear y'all had a rough Summer. Please let us know what the MRI shows. I had a Herniated Disc a couple years ago. I did not have the surgery & chose Physical Therapy instead. I'm glad that I did that, but still do the exercises at home & when I slack off... I start feeling pain or sciatica, again. I also try to do them before & after I take a long drive or fly, and when I do... I am perfectly fine. Also, before and after a period of time that I know that I will be just sitting... (I need to do them, today!)

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Was able to Fast without even drinking water... that was my first time to do it without water. (Fast was due to religious reasons... started the evening before at 6:30 and didn't break fast until 8pm)
    What would I have done differently? Not binged on peanuts at Rockfish Restaurant while waiting for my meal after breaking fast.
    What is today's personal goal? stick to food plan which will be difficult due to going to a funeral and afterwards there will be lots of food. And, also a long period without eating...
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) = Quaker Real Medleys Apple Nut Harvest Multigrain Fruit & Nut Bar - 160 calories. I like these!
    Mood today? :smile:

Linda
  • Shirley61
    Options
    ELBEE - My hubby had his MRI on Tuesday and will know his results in 7 to 10 business days. So
    we are still waiting. He will probably go back to the doctor after that and probably will be sent to PT
    then get his exercises to do. Right now he is taking it easy.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, probably not had my daughter & husband and MIL for dinner
    so I didn't track dinner.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, I did some weights
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Found out I am going to be a grandma. :bigsmile:
    We got a my daughter's ultra sound framed as a gift from them. :happy:
    What would I have done differently? Probably tracked my dinner. Getting lazy on weekends.
    What is today's personal goals? No goal, rest day from exercise, but trying to stay on track
    Did you try something new recently? (food, exercise, etc....) I made taco salad last night

Tues - Biking 9.5 miles
    Wed - Yoga 75 min.
    Fri - - Walking 3 miles
    Sat - Upper body w/weights 30 min.
    Sun- Rest Day
  • goldk
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? made better choices and did the elliptical
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and make good food choices
    Mood today? good

Sun - (207 / -1)
    Mon - elliptical 35 mins
    Tues- none
    Wed - elliptical 40 mins
    Thurs - none
    Fri - 40 min swim
    Sat - elliptical 40 mins