Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    hey, that's fun!!
  • bushman124
    bushman124 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the font it worked perfect. Also thanks about the tip for Kirb--I have baby asprin so I will call the vet to see if its ok that he has one. JoAn
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I want to thank Caliecat for sending me this link. I am a 58 year old retired nurse and have a hard time getting exercise in because of a back injury Some one said they use a grocery store as an indoor walking track and that's pretty much what I do. I can hold onto the cart as I walk. I like Scolaris because they play great music.I just started on the WII fitness program. Will let you know how I do.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    What is fun???? being off the road. We are in for a warm up with plenty of sunshine.Your kitty cats are going to get spoiled being out of that truck. Enjoy your tme off. LOve Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Marie, you can watch TV on Hulu.com. Not all TV programs are on there, but so far anything that I missed and really wanted to see was. It is a free site. Check it out.

Does anyone know if it is ok to give the dogs any people medicine for arthritis. Kirby is really limping around today and I feel so sorry for him. I have ibyprophen, or vicadin that I could give him 1/2 pill but I don't want to if it could hurt him. :cry:

Please call you vet on this and do not give your dog tylenol for any reason. My vet recommends bayer aspirin but the best bet is to call your vet and they will probably prescribe something or ask you to come in for an x ray. Good luck.
    Options
    hi cynthi3, that is a good idea about walking with the cart. if you get nice weather, try grabbing a cart in the parking lot, and walking it into the store..more than once!! I usually park in the same row and general distance from the entrance when I shop at walmart..I grab a cart that was 'abandoned' and walk it into the store. I like wii fit. when we switched from satellite tv to cable, we had to move all of the gaming stuff and it isn't back in place yet, mostly coz I forgot how it goes!!

Marie, sorry, I thought I was replying to the message when I posted this is fun.. it was the tip about enlarging the text..it was so easy to do it that way!

well, the temp made it to 33 today..but it won't thaw much of anything here. plus it will still be very cold tonight, so it will freeze again..hopefully, if I driveway melts tomorrow we can leave and go back to work. they are still having lots of traffic problems due to the ice on the roads and bridges..and not enough crews salting the roads..or whatever they use.

I'm going to google Scolaris, coz I don't know what that is.
    bye
    ok I did, and I see it is the grocer!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I just got off the phone with a friend in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

She said that since early this morning the snow has accumulated to nearly waist deep and is still falling. The temperature is dropping below zero and the winds out of the north are increasing. Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let him in.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hilarious!!! Reminds me of the old saying..."You can always tell a husband, but you can't tell him much!" LOL
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's been a long day. The youngest grandson, Nate, was here again and he is so busy. (1 in Feb). Two days in a row...whew! Babies are definitely for the young......He is so sweet and has the cutest little funny face, makes my heart heart. My other little one, Mathew, just turned 6 and he is my little sweetheart. My heart hurts when I think of him, too. The other two are grown so they are on their own a lot. I'm very proud of them both...both nice young men.

I guess I will try to exercise today. I tried two "Dancing with the Stars" videos and both are way too fast for me. I tried the Dancing with the Stars for Wii and it is done mostly with the hands. You can't really see the dancers because you have to concentrate so much. I still like my Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. They are the most fun, to me. I have the Wii Fit Plus but I don't use it much. It's fun when the kids are around but not a really good workout for me. I'm sound sooooo picky!

I feel that I've joined a great group. Consistent with their goals and generous with their praise! Gracias for my first successful week.....Week 2 starting tomorrow. :glasses:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    Oops
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Someone said that the best exercise is the one that you'll do......so whether it is pushing the shopping cart at the store, walking the dog, cleaning the house, or doing some conventional workouts, the biggest suggestion is JUST DO IT :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: the ice is gone in our neighborhood although one woman who lives up in the hills slid her car into the ditch coming to line dance.....by the time I got home from the dog park it was 50 degrees.

712621bnockccvv7.gif

Barb, Happy Birthday to your mom.....she is so blessed to have you as a daughter.....you do so many wonderful things for her.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    Options
    oops
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    oops

What I tried to do didn't work.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    50 dgrees? It's 24 and snow on the ground and expecting more to come in this weekend...:noway:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Connie, thanks for the tip on the font...I am going to "get after" my oldest son. He builds computers, programs them and is an IT Security/Loan officer at a bank and he never told me that one. There's some other stuff I am going to "hit him" up about...I sound mean don't I?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You don't realize what your lingo sounds like until you see it in print....and believe it or not in my spring chicken years I programmed computers too but the technology has run off and left me and when I passed 50 I forgot all I ever knew:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: They say if you don't use it you lose it:laugh: :laugh: I suppose that could be applied to several things...:bigsmile:
    What do some of you guys or Ya'll eat? My Grandfather use to ask me if I had razor soup...I think that was supposed to mean I was sharp:laugh: :laugh:
    I have to tell you this story on my sister and her husband. (they don't read this so they will never know):tongue:
    We have a slang word in our lingo here that is tacky. That refers to something you wear or do that is not "up to par." My sister was on a second date with her guy friend (now her husband). She said to him something like...I look tacky in the outfit...now he had never heard of the word tacky...he thought she meant something like "sharp as a tack??!!" So he replied..."you sure do!" My sister was sulky for an hour or so until they discussed the issue and found out neither of them knew what the other one meant.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I loved the joke about the husband looking through the window.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kudos to all of you....and it's not an insult:laugh: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Phoebe, Linette posted her version on FB but you can google rag quilt and get oned they give pretty good instrutions. That is what I am doing. I could never go back and find hers. going miss you when you go back to work.

Lynn You are such a good story teller. Just love to read your post.

You all have alovely night. and stay warm.
    Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from the frigid North (again). I saw so many sharing their weather and this is what mine was when I left for work this morning, -33F (with the wind chill). It was closer to -30 if you didn't have wind but you know we did!! They say it will be the same tomorrow. I went to work today and then went and had a pedicure/manicure. Now I can't stop looking at my lovely nails.

Welcome Cynthi. I look forward to getting to know you.

I see you are all busy. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So... desperation calls for desperate measures. I've been stuck on this loss level for two weeks, fluctuating up and down a pound but always returning to the same level. I need to kick-start things so I'm going to try the Slim-fast method for a few days starting today. I know, I know - it's not sustainable for a long time but I figure three days should be doable. Of course I'll still take my vitamin and supplements.

So, Slim-fast for breakfast, Slim-fast for lunch and then a sensible dinner.

Anyone had any experience using this method???:ohwell:
    Options
    depending on the nutritional content of slimfast, I believe it is doable. I just don't know that much offhand about the calories carbs etc. For me, it has to be a snacking kind of diet or I will fail the first day. I simply cannot feel satisfied with a liquid, no matter the content. I do like the zoic brand that I found in my local grocer, mostly for the low carbs in them..so that my glucose is not put into yo yo mode.

Lynn, you are funny..keep it up!!
    take care all, I'm going to get ready for an attempted trip to the store..Jim is clearing our driveway, he put some kind of Ice melt on it..I could get out, but I didn't want to slide on the ice right into the street and into a passing car!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Phoebe you all are still in a deep freeze? We just had a little snow the otherday. We are at 37 degree right now on our way for a warm up. for the week end. I don't know anything about slim fast. But there is a brand out for diabetic My docror gave me one when I was having a low blood sugar in her office. But I am like Phoebe I like to eat my food. I gave Jerry a gift card to Red Lobters[spelling]
    So he can take me out to eat. Smart thinking -- Marie ... and tonight we are going! Gonna have to watch it closely No biscuits.

Gayla how do you all get around in that cold.? That cold you need to hibernate till it get warmer. How is your diet coming along. ? Is Dave going on it with you.? I am drinking a lot of hot green tdea now to keep me from nibling. I have also started on this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/152009-no-binge-challenge

Don;t know if it will help me but sure going to give it a try. If i Open up some ritzs crackers i don't just eat my 5 alotted crackers but keep going back till the whole pkg is gone. of course with peanut butter. Did buy me a English cucumber this morning and and some
    hummus that will be better than crackers and peanut butter. oh woe is me
    Options
    Marie, we got quite a bit of snow for our area. if it is in the sun, it is melting, but the shade is slower. Cats don't like it that there is still so much in the back yard.
    mmmm red lobster, my aunt gave us gift cards for Christmas, and we enjoyed a good meal there.. sorry, I ate a biscuit.. but I could have eaten a basket of them... they are good with coffee too.
    I was wondering the same thing about Gayla.. how in the world to go outside at all? Years ago, we went to Minneapolis, our truck fuel line froze up, we had to stop a lot.. Jim made me bundle up and run into the building, no poking around outside.. it was bitterly cold there, but beautiful.
    ok, back to my laundry.