Senior Golden Sneakers - January 2011

Options

Replies

• lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
    [/quote]

You are so funny! I could read every word!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lyn54
    Options
    Good luck, Connie! I am interested to know how it goes.:flowerforyou:
    Sandy, I admire any and all who watch football, baseball, basketballl...the only sport I enjoy on tv is ice skating. I watch that during the Olmpics and that's the extent of my sport viewing. My husband and my sons "burned me out" on even watching basketball, which is a big deal in our state. :noway: :noway: :noway:
    When I am at someone's house, who only knows about espn and sports is all they know to talk about...I just about pace the floor. So you have my admiration!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ps...that is one way to get me moving..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I don't watch much tv at all. I have watched more in the last 2 nights than I have in 6 mos. I tell you what it causes me to do...eat. I don't know what it is...sublimal messages ..or what...but watching tv makes me want to eat and snack. Is it preprogramming of the brain ..sort of like popcorn and a movie??:wink:

Okay, I am going to quit rambling ......
    Have a good Sunday!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Bored with football, going to change the station. My husband is sleeping soundly on the couch pretending to watch the game. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I can,t let the day close without sending my wishes to Barbie and Jake for a Happy Anniversary!! I know that you did.
    Please be extra careful on those roads, Phoebe.

I will enjoy seeing pictures of your handiwork when you are done. Such talented people here!

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Just trying mfp on my cell phone. Marie, its not too bad, may not have time daily,but I'll be able to check in sometimes.
    Good night for now
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bored with football, going to change the station. My husband is sleeping soundly on the couch pretending to watch the game. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bored?? You can't be watching the Packer/Falcon game!! Oh, wait - I see the time on your post. It hadn't even started.

My guys shot THEIR birds out of the air - Falcons were falling all over the field. Let's see what your Bears can do tomorrow!!:drinker:

PS: Didja see the cheeseheads in the crowd??
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Barbie and Jake--Happy Anniversary!!!

Phoebe--Stay safe on the road. Glad you discovered you can access the message boards w/your smart phone.

Sorry Sandy, but I gotta say "GO SEAHAWKS!!! If they managed to put the bears into hibernation for the rest of the winter, that would mean another game in Seattle, since Green Bay sent the Falcons "packing"--(couldn't help myself--too good a pun to pass up!!) LOL

I am thinking about trying to get tickets to that "next" game, if Seattle does win tomorrow. The NFC Championship is as close as I will ever get to attending a Super Bowl Game, and I have never been to an NFL game.

BTW, for anyone who wants to avoid those pesky typo's, if you download the google toolbar, you can choose the spellcheck tool to be active on it, and then every time you type anything within a web page (IE a message board post) you can check it before you post it and make corrections. For what that is worth.....
    Good night all,

Barb
  • Sandydur
    Options
    bears-logo.jpg

GO BEARS!!!

No offense to anyone, but I have to cheer the Bears on today!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

I'll be your spell checker went crazy with this :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    591655lhbbfralm6.gif

Go Seahawks :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Look like the Bears got it.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's very lonely here today with everyone watching sports! It is Sunday....so go (insert your team here)!!!! :wink:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad night so I have been in bed all day. Cought a litle of it while gettin up to go to the bathroom. Secided to come and aheck my E Mail while I was up. glad I did for my son sent pictures of him at 3 months. He had the lap band

surgery 3 months ago. He has lost 57 lba. now. so proud of him for doing something about his weight. He is lookinf ao good.now.

I went all day yesterday without a binge. And so far today. But I don't feel like eating. Will be going to the doctor tomorrow.

Have a good day all of you Seniors.

Marie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, BARBIE and Jake!
    Connie, Slim Fast is loaded with sugar. I learned since throwing out my money that I should make sure there is more protein than sugar. Try Chobani Greek plain yogurt, 1/4 cup low sodium cottage cheese and 1/cup berries instead! Eat at least 1200 cals per day, and around 90 g protein!

Now, I hope this works here, but this is the greatest picker upper I've received. If it doesn't work, I'll email it to connie!

http://xa.yimg.com/kg/groups/1420871586/name/BOOGIEWOOGIE.wmv

I was hoping it would link, but copy and paste it in your address bar! Such fun!

BOOGIEWOOGIE.wmv

If you can take your eyes off her, the male dancer is super . . . never moves his shoulders compared to what his feet and knees are doing. And the top of his tays at the same height no matter what.
    This is a pianist from Switzerland who plays some of the best Boogie Woogie anywhere. He is so BIG over there, they hold a week-long Boogie Woogie contest every year and all the best players in the world are invited. In this video he is joined by 2 amazing dancers... The male dancer even has a haircut from the forties.
    Turn up the volume, watch and give it a listen!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Forget it. It didn't work!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    591655lhbbfralm6.gif

Go Seahawks :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Sorry Barbie!!!! But I am Happy!!
  • lyn54
    Options
    Marie, I hope you feel better. Let us know.....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I know everyone can't win so I am caught in the middle with wishing all of you Luck!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from, you know it, the frigid North!! I am sitting here wrapped in a blanket with my eyes drooping so I am heading up to bed right away. We were washing walls today and doing some prep work for painting so I am tired. I think I may have used a few calories! Dave did most of the work but I did feel tired after so I think it has to count for something.

Marie -- Get well soon!

Barbie -- I will be thinking about you as you drink your 'beverage'!! Good luck with the colonoscopy. I am sure it will be fine.

Take care everyone and keep smiling. Gayla (off to dreamland) :heart:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I will be going to the mall to meet my sisters this morning and have lunch at the food court. I have no idea what to eat so I'm going to sneak something along with me just in case. Lord Help Me!!!! :ohwell:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I will be going to the mall to meet my sisters this morning and have lunch at the food court. I have no idea what to eat so I'm going to sneak something along with me just in case. Lord Help Me!!!! :ohwell:

There is probably nothing you can eat at the food court that will come close to healthy eating :cry: :cry: my solution to situations like this is to tell my friends that I'll meet them for activities and events that don't involve eating. I go shopping and do errands with them and then go home and eat the lunch I planned for myself or I meet them for a walk but not with food at the end:laugh: