My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options
What is a 52 7/7 challenge?? It is one were I want to do some kind of exercise every day of this new year. The amount and the intensity of the exercise is not an issue, the important thing is that I do something every dfay. I started one last year but because of medical issues, I did not complete it. I still have medical issues, including at least 1 surgery in my future but this year, I hope to complete this challenge with a lot more success. I am 15 pounds away from my ultimate goal and I was told that my uterus is as big as the one of a 4 months pregnant lady because of fibroïds. I bet I will lose some pounds and some inchs off my belly when I'll get it removed.

This challenge of mine starts today and I will go on my Gazelle and for a long walk with my daughter's dog. Who is with me???

Replies

• Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Im with ya. I have about 80 lbs to go to get to my goal....

btw love your name...Mine is Dominica.lol
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Dominica!!! I agree with you, ours is a lovely name!! :wink:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Today I started the year off right by attending boot camp at Fit Neighborhood. Today we played baseball. Each exercise represented a base and a "man in between bases". Round 1: 5 inchworms, 10 jumping jacks, 5 push ups, 10 jump squats, 10 seated dips, 10 jumping jacks and 10 oblique crunches. One you completed all these exercises your team scored a point and then you begin the circuit again. Round 2: 10 sit ups w/lbs, 3 sumo burpees, 10 plank rows w/lbs, 3 sumo burpees, 10 pulsing lunges, 3 sumo burpees and 10 bicycle crunches.......Great fun!

Chocolickkyss: 1/7

Missou: I'm here with you for another year. As of Tuesday, January 4, 2011 I will have exercised for 365 consecutive days. I would have had the entire year if I had located your challenge a little sooner last year.

Verda: Great job w/exercising for 371 consecutive days.

To any newbies: This was such a loving and supportive group of women last year and I can honestly say it's because of the women here that I was able to not only reach my goal weight but also maintain it for the entire year. I'm hoping to reduce body fat this year. I will be taking rest days this year but I plan to rock it out as much as possible.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Welcome to my new challenge Choco. If I consider the rest days you took last year, you will finish 2011 with a perfect score!!!

I started out the year with 50 reps on the Ab King Pro (AKP) and did 5 minutes on the Gazelle. I lost a lot of the cardio I had built up during the first 6 months of last year. I need to get it back!! A few weeks ago, my treadmill broke to the great despere of Kitty, my daughter's 85 pounds dog. She loves to trot on it while I am on the Gazelle and on the AKP. I am still waiting for it to get fixed but I will go out for a 5k with her right after posting this message. Temperature is nice here with no ice. Let's take advantage of it!!

Missou : 1/7
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    I like this challenge! I'm going to try my best to work out each day in this new year. I have to lose 40-45 more pounds!

Good Luck to all!!!!

Cheers & Happy New Year!
    Don
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Welcome Don, nice to have you around!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Bumping will check in later Happy New Year!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    Welcome Don, nice to have you around!!

Glad to be here!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    SW: 177
    GW BY FEB 14: 170
    5% GW: 168.15

JANUARY 1 - WALKING @ LEAST 5000 STEPS & JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Very cool challenge, I would love to join! How do you do it--do you post daily updates, or a weekly workout summary update? If it is a weekly update, what day of the week do you post?

My plan for the week:

1/1/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/2/11: C25K, week 5 day 1
    1/3/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/4/11: C25K, week 5 day2
    1/5/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/6/11: C2 5K, week 5 day 3
    1/7/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/8/11: Elliptical 30-45 min, or Jillian's 30 Day Shred video (if it arrives by then)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Very cool challenge, I would love to join! How do you do it--do you post daily updates, or a weekly workout summary update? If it is a weekly update, what day of the week do you post?

My plan for the week:

1/1/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/2/11: C25K, week 5 day 1
    1/3/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/4/11: C25K, week 5 day2
    1/5/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/6/11: C2 5K, week 5 day 3
    1/7/11: Elliptical 30-45 min
    1/8/11: Elliptical 30-45 min, or Jillian's 30 Day Shred video (if it arrives by then)

I'll have Missou better explain it since she came up with the challenge but the way we did it last year was to post once the workout was actually complete. The goal is to work out every day in the week for 52 weeks. Since the challenge is starting today the week will begin on Saturday and conclude on Friday. If you work out today you'll start your week: 1/7, tomorrow: 2/7, Monday: 3/7, Tuesday: 4/7, Wednesday: 5/7, Thursday: 6/7 and Friday: 7/7. Saturday, January 8th will begin a new week and if you workout that day you'll once again be: 1/7. This process will continue every week for the entire year.

I found the 2010 challenge on January 4, 2010 and worked out everyday since then.

Your post might read something like:

I'm 1/7 after completing 50 minutes on the elliptical machine.

I hope I cleared things up a little bit and Im sorry if I confused you more.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Choco, I couldn't have explained it better, thanks a lot.

Welcome Ivy, glad to see you with us again this year!!

Welcome Kizzy Muss and Wannabe Fit. Nice to see all of you join in this long term challenge, we can do it together!!

I just completed a 4.8K walk with Kitty. I am tired and she is still full of energy. I don't know if I'll ever wear her out :laugh: :laugh:

It is now time for me to get ready for my mother's party. I'll see you all tomorow.

Stay fit and keep on pushing it!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello and a Happy New Year to you all, Sounds like a great challenge and I would love to join you, today I have done a 60 minute walk ...... does walking count?
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the explanation!!! Okay, so I am 1/7 after completing 50 minutes on the elliptical. Choco--you must be TOTALLY psychic because going in I was only planning on doing 30 minutes and I didn't see your post until just now!

Looking forward to the challenge to keep me on the right track towards being fit and healthy. Thanks guys!
  • darcyinks
    darcyinks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This works in perfectly with my goals for the year! I'm in! I will MOVE every single day this year! I don't move very fast as I had a severe knee injury but move I will!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hello and a Happy New Year to you all, Sounds like a great challenge and I would love to join you, today I have done a 60 minute walk ...... does walking count?
    Good to see ya from the DMYA challenge!! Yes walking counts!!!! Best wishes!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I'm going to do this, and I tried and failed at one point, but maybe with the support offered here I can do it? I hope so, and I am definitely willing to try.

Do we just keep posting in this thread every time we complete a workout? Or is a new one started for each week or something?
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    HAPPY 2011 to you all!

Thank you...vhuber for mentioning this thread!

Looks like a super motivating challenge. I'd like to join, I'm not quite sure if I will make 365 days but I'll give it my best!

Chocolickkyss So I am 1/7 40 mins treadmill today, will next Saturday read 1/7 of week 2? CONGRATS... 365 w/o days in 2010 is amazing!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It is good to see you nemrenu and your welcome for the invite!
    satojekabe we post here everyday!!!

My 1/7 was bundling up (it is -14* out) and slow jogging with all the layers on for 2.5 miles!! It has been so darn cold here but I NEEDED fresh air!!

I have a question, for those of you using ticker factory HOW do you get it to post dark? I clicked on it before copying to the signature and it still shows light? Do you see what I mean on and below the hearts??? Help me if you can!!!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    vhuber On tickerfactories code page on the top my settings are on -

Size Option: Large
    Background Option: Light

Give it a try.