My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Wow!! We are popular :wink: That is very good!!!

I was busy all day and just finished playing tennis and doing some bowling on my WII for 45 minutes with my husband who was given the name of Magic Hands by Verda sometime last year. The reason is that he is a massage therapist and helps me a lot since I have a lot of medical issues because of a serious car accident 23 years ago. Thank God I have him around!! Actually, I will go now because I need some work on my shoulders.

Sweet dreams everyone :smooched:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Hello everyone. If I start today can I post my exercises starting from 01/01/11?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. If I start today can I post my exercises starting from 01/01/11?

If you did exercise on Saturday and Sunday it can count towards this week's total. Great job w/starting the new year off right.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I hope ya'll don't mind if I join you? I like that this group isn't focused around a certain workout program or weightloss goal...plus I see some familiar faces! (Hi Verda & Choco!!)

I will not have a goal of 7/7 though. I take 1 complete rest day per week, so my goal is 6/7. Is that ok?

I will be doing Cathe's STS program along with some Turbo Fire & various other cardio along the way starting tomorrow. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Kara

Welcome.....what program are you doing now? I start Turbo Fire today (01.03.11).

I did the 7/7 challenge last year and couldn't believe I actually accomplished it. It's amazing the different ways I found to incorporate some type of exercise into my schedule even on my rest days. Sundays are my designated rest day and I would walk the 2 miles to and from the Blockbuster to return a movie instead of driving or I walk to take care of my errands while my car was being serviced. I probably will have "true" rest days this year but we'll see.
  • Losingforlife1
    Losingforlife1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    2/7 Didn't see this b4, but im in. 1/1 burned 383 playing with my dad on the ps3 move. 1/2 burned 229 calories lifting weights.
  • sarahsanchez79
    Options
    1/7 - 20 minutes of aerobics
    2/7 - 40 minutes of wii fit plus
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Thank you Choco and congratulations on the 365 days. Amazing.

1/7
    Fitness tests
    Walk: 14min 57secs - Trail - 1.1 miles
    Walk: 32min - Indoor - 2 mile Intermediate.

2/7
    Airdyne: 23min/6.2 miles/Intervals
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT: 177

Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA

I haven't done any of these since i been out of town visiting my aunt since dec 31st...so i will be marathoning it til i get caught up to today's workouts. I also need to plug in my bodybugg when i get home and upload the info there to see how many more steps i need to walk to catch up to 15,000 steps. Like I said I want to do @ least 5000 steps a day and I'm pretty sure I haven't done all 5000 steps a day...but i do know that i've walked @ least some
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    2/7 - Couch 2 5K Week 5 Day 1 completed this morning! Will be doing Turbo Jam Sculpt after work.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I hope ya'll don't mind if I join you? I like that this group isn't focused around a certain workout program or weightloss goal...plus I see some familiar faces! (Hi Verda & Choco!!)

I will not have a goal of 7/7 though. I take 1 complete rest day per week, so my goal is 6/7. Is that ok?

I will be doing Cathe's STS program along with some Turbo Fire & various other cardio along the way starting tomorrow. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Kara

Welcome.....what program are you doing now? I start Turbo Fire today (01.03.11).

I did the 7/7 challenge last year and couldn't believe I actually accomplished it. It's amazing the different ways I found to incorporate some type of exercise into my schedule even on my rest days. Sundays are my designated rest day and I would walk the 2 miles to and from the Blockbuster to return a movie instead of driving or I walk to take care of my errands while my car was being serviced. I probably will have "true" rest days this year but we'll see.
    Great job on doing the 7/7 last year!! I will really HAVE to take 1 rest day. I need that day off, both mentally & physically. The 'main program' I will be doing is Cathe Freidrich's STS. It is a strength program very similar to P90X. I also will be doing Turbo Fire for cardio (STS has no cardio), but will not really be following the schedule. My hubby & I do programs together & he will be marathon training so his cardio is set. For once I get to do whatever cardio I want without worrying about him so I'm going to take advantage of it & do step, dance, Turbo Fire.....

I'll report back later with my workout for today. Everyone is doing so great!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Happy new year to all the old timers and welcome to the newbies!

I am starting my new year with a fierce and so far I completed this morning 16 minutes of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. I will do more workouts during lunch time at work. I got up this morning at 6:20am and I am well on my way to getting up at 5:00am.

have an awesome day all and Bring it!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    2/7 - Couch 2 5K Week 5 Day 1 completed this morning! Will be doing Turbo Jam Sculpt after work.

Me too! I did C25K Week 5 Day 1 this morning with an extra 5 minute run tagged on the last 5 minute running interval. I have been doing the C25K as directed and then just add on an extra 10 minute run at the end, but 5:15 came waaaaay too early today, and it took me a few minutes to get out of bed so I just didn't have much time to spare.

So I am officially 3/7 today with 35 minutes walk/run doing C25K, 370 calories burned!
  • mamagleas
    Options
    I really want to do this! I've been doing 5x a week for a family challenge between me and hubby :) but would love to add 2 more days of some kind of movement. I'm worried I won't get it posted every day because I don't always get a lot of computer time but I'm gonna try. It'll get me on here to record my calories, etc.! Thanks for sharing the challenge. I'll check in later with my w/o post. I'm new to all these tickers - can someone tell me if it's simple to add the tickerfactory ticker for the challenge?
  • jschneider
    jschneider Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am late...but I want to join :)
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Happy new year to all the old timers and welcome to the newbies!

I am starting my new year with a fierce and so far I completed this morning 16 minutes of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. I will do more workouts during lunch time at work. I got up this morning at 6:20am and I am well on my way to getting up at 5:00am.

have an awesome day all and Bring it!

1/7 for me so far. Wohooo, bring on the new year. Lots of posts to catch up on....but so glad to be here!!!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun even if it only includes abs and weights for 8 weeks because of surgery.
    What is a 52 7/7 challenge?? It is one were I want to do some kind of exercise every day of this new year. The amount and the intensity of the exercise is not an issue, the important thing is that I do something every dfay. I started one last year but because of medical issues, I did not complete it. I still have medical issues, including at least 1 surgery in my future but this year, I hope to complete this challenge with a lot more success. I am 15 pounds away from my ultimate goal and I was told that my uterus is as big as the one of a 4 months pregnant lady because of fibroïds. I bet I will lose some pounds and some inchs off my belly when I'll get it removed.

This challenge of mine starts today and I will go on my Gazelle and for a long walk with my daughter's dog. Who is with me???
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I really want to do this! I've been doing 5x a week for a family challenge between me and hubby :) but would love to add 2 more days of some kind of movement. I'm worried I won't get it posted every day because I don't always get a lot of computer time but I'm gonna try. It'll get me on here to record my calories, etc.! Thanks for sharing the challenge. I'll check in later with my w/o post. I'm new to all these tickers - can someone tell me if it's simple to add the tickerfactory ticker for the challenge?

As long as you move/exercise every day it doesn't matter if you can post. It makes it easier but you can post your totals when you log on. Whenever I'm not able to post and have to play catch up I do this

EXAMPLE:

Wednesday
    Chocolickkyss: 6/7 w/an elliptical workout; Thursday: Chocolickkyss: 7/7 with completing HIITs on the treadmill.

Hope this helps and good luck w/get the workouts in.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I have officially started the Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid program. I started w/the transition week, so, today I completed Fire 45 and Stretch 10. Since I decided to jump right into it I bypassed the "new to class" option which was pretty interesting. It took a minute for me to get the moves but I was eventually able to catch a stride. On moves that took a little longer I improvised so that I could stay moving. I'm sure it will get better as I become familiar with the moves but I was happy with the end result. I burned 444 calories in 45 minutes and then another 71 by completing the stretching. I added 5 minutes onto the stretch so i could have a solid hour of working out.

I believe tomorrow will be my first HIIT workout.

Chocolickkyss: 3/7
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My 3/7 consisted of CLX Fat Blaster, CLX Recharge AND 2 miles on the elliptical! All to get 503 calories burned!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    My 3/7 consisted of CLX Fat Blaster, CLX Recharge AND 2 miles on the elliptical! All to get 503 calories burned!!

I sure wish I had an Elliptical b/c I love the burn you can get from that machine. My house is just not big enough to keep it in the living room.