My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• sarahsanchez79
    Options
    5/7 - 35 minutes of biggest loser workout with kinect

OMG I do turbo jam and it it can be hard, but this workout tonight kicked my butt!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I had a hard time getting out my bed for my workout, but I knew that I was cheating no one but myself. I dragged myself out of bed 10 mins later. After completing TJ and Gold's Gym cardio I can admit that I am happy that I decided to get up instead of sleeping in. Hopefully, waking up at 5am will come to me easily. Until then, I will have to continue to find the strength within myself. Happy Thursday all!

So far 6/7, still have my PT session this evening.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Teetee: the way it works is you list all you did this week (to get started) and then you can just post daily. Cool??
    Thanks, for the missing days, I have:
    1/1 Boxing with my husband
    1/2 Turbo Jam 20 Min
    1/3 Turbo Jam 20 Min and Gold's Gym cardio, evening PT session Back, legs, and chest
    1/4 Turbo Jam 20 Min and Gold's Gym cardio, evening 3.39 miles, legs, and abs
    1/5 Turbo Jam Cardio Party, evening 3.45 miles, chest, and abs

and being a little backwards, I have already posted today's workout.

Choco: Thanks for the encouragement, I do think I will find this thread (challenge) that extra boost that I need for the rough days.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I just want to thank you guys for initiating this challenge. We had friends over for my husband's birthday last night so I was up too late and had more wine than I needed (oops!) but this challenge got my *kitten* out of bed at 5:30 this morning to get on my elliptical. Had it not been for this challenge and me really wanting to get a 7/7 this week I would have reset my alarm and slept in a little longer. So a big THANK YOU to all of you on here who are an inspiration!! :smile:

Soooo......because of you guys I am 6/7 with 4.3 miles and 460 calories burned on the elliptical this morning!!
  • jodalina
    jodalina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya can anyone join????
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Welcome jodalina!! Welcome teetee!! Man, that's some workout week!!! Wannabefit...I'm with you. Up late on the message boards and couldn't get out of bed. I'll get up early tomorrow, but for now I gotta get on the treadmill.... Check in later...
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    5/7 with nice 2 mile jog at 14:22 pace... Week 2 day 2 of 1/2 marathon training done... I have a late client tonight so I will probably miss my evening workout with mom...

Way to keep at it everyone!!! Welcome to all the new faces. Have a great Thursday.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am with you guys this morning. I wanted to wait untill this afternoon to see if the tech could repare my treadmill but you just gave me that kick in the You-know-what. I'll go on my Gazelle now. Thanks and speak to you later :wink:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Short on time..... checking in my 5/7 for yesterday, 4 miles on my stationary bike.

Missou Hope the treadmill repair goes well today.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning everyone and thanks again for the push. I just completed a mile on the Gazelle in 28 minutes, the music on the radio was a little slow this morning :tongue: I also did 50 reps on the AKP. I can feel my body getting better and stronger day by day. It feels so good.

During Christmas time, I gained some 12 pounds :noway: :noway: :noway: Yesterday morning, I was at 154 for the third day and decided to update my weight on MFP :sad: :sad: :sad: This morning, I am at 152 :tongue: I guess the cardio and the alcohol I am not taking anymore are helping :laugh:

Magic Hands, my husband, got a laugh when he learned he was our mistery participant. He also was impressed that he had done somekind of extra work 233 days last year. Before Christmas his weight was around 190lbs and he was happy with it. Yesterday morning, he was at 198 and that made him frown. He has agreed to be our mistery participant again this year. So far, he is at 2/7 after doing some bowling and some tennis on the Wii.

I will now go over all the posts and prepare the new table for this year. As soon as I get everyone's data for the whole week, I will post our first table. I beleive I will have several smileys to give out :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! A quick post prior to the start of my morning meeting. Today I completed the Fire 45 EZ dvd from the Turbo Fire program. This is another really good dvd but I struggled with some of the moves so I had to improvise but nonetheless I ROCKED THIS OUT and BURNED 536 calories in 45 minutes.

My supervisor has just called the meeting to order so I must go. Have a great day everyone!

Chocolickkyss: 6/7
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    WTG Choco, Dominique.... what's today ---6/7? Uhhh, 4.4 miles @ 6.0 on the flat and I should mention that I have left out the walking for cool down which is usually 1/3 to 1/2 of the mileage I run. Yesterday I needed 1/2(2 miles) of my run distance to ease up the tightness in my calves from that incline run. Today on the flat I only went 1.6 mi. No muscle tightness but my pace increase affected my breathing. Maybe it was the music... not syncing up to my footfalls like yesterday....Should be alright after tomorrow. Keep it up people, you help me soooo much. TY...TYVM (said in my best Elvis voice impersonation):happy: :laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I just finished completing the 2011 chart. So far, 32 of us have come on here. Everyone was added to the chart but some have not posted their accomplishment yet but don't worry, I will update your data when I get it.

I have not read all of the posts yet but some have caught my attention. Some of you have expressed that they absolutly needed a rest day. Remember that the intensity and the duration of the activity is not a factor. What counts is that you do something that is out of the ordinary on a specific day. It could be yoga, meditation or a day at the store. The cleaning of the house even counts!! To those of you who have taken a rest day so far, think back on what you did that day and whether or not it should count.

I will now read every little post. I can't beleive we are already on page 6!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    The tech for the treadmill left a little while ago. The motherboard is out and it is less expensive to have it changed then to buy a new treadmill. He will come to fix it next week if the new motherboard is available at his office. If not, we will have to wait another week to have it.

While he was testing the treadmill, Kitty kept on moaning. I can not say if it is because she was not with us or if it is because she wanted to use the treadmill and trot a little :wink:

Well, I guess I'll keep on using the Gazelle.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    A new mistery participant has agreed to join us. Magic Hands, my husband, is still going to work with us and Vickvick, my daughter, will also join us. So far this year, she is at 4/7 after always standing up and walking around the store at her job Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today. Her BMI is at 37.8 after having suffered a severe depression and gaining some 40 pounds. I do not ask to much from her but I can see that she has gained a lot of spirit and motivation in the past few weeks. She has registered into a gym and is paying for it. For now, she is not going and realizes that she is losing a lot of money, she does not like it, she wants this to change. I call them both mistery participants because they want to exercise but they do not want to come on the board. I will be their secretary :wink:
  • teetee1281
    Options
    A new mistery participant has agreed to join us. Magic Hands, my husband, is still going to work with us and Vickvick, my daughter, will also join us. So far this year, she is at 4/7 after always standing up and walking around the store at her job Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today. Her BMI is at 37.8 after having suffered a severe depression and gaining some 40 pounds. I do not ask to much from her but I can see that she has gained a lot of spirit and motivation in the past few weeks. She has registered into a gym and is paying for it. For now, she is not going and realizes that she is losing a lot of money, she does not like it, she wants this to change. I call them both mistery participants because they want to exercise but they do not want to come on the board. I will be their secretary :wink:

It is great that your family is involved. I started working out for many reasons but one was to help encourage my mother. She's 5' even and 200lbs. I have encouraged and motivated her and now she goes to the gym 4 days a week w/ a personal trainer since June 2010. I am so proud of her! But at the same time... (my vent comes now) I keep listening to her complain that the scale barely moves and she is dancing the fine line of 201-199. Of course working out for 6 months she should have lost some more than that but she barely does cardio (her trainer tells her to do that before the session) and she literally eats all day from pure boredom. (I watched it during Christmas). So I emailed her today and tried to encourage her to log her food so she can see what and how much she is really eating. And her reply is that she knows that she won't stick to it. I feel in a limbo because there is so much more that I can tell her to help her but she is being hard headed! How often does the child get to say that about their parents? :laugh: But not to put her efforts down, because with the sessions she has lost over 8% BF and the docs lowered her insulin (actually told her only once a day and lowered the dosage) and her CL are better.
    I'm really opened to ideas.
    Okay, that was a little off topic for the 52 7/7 challenge, but if it makes it better I'm still hitting the gym tonight. :smile:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    4/7 this week

I have lots of posts to catch up on, but I'm so glad to be here with you guys. I had been so hungry in the past weeks and trying to find a reason why. I thought of adding more proteins and today I tried eating more whole grain and I am so full. Wohoo... to a hungry woman, you have no idea what feeling full feels like. No more hunger, even after eating. I made lasagna last night and used whole grain pasta and let me tell you, I am full.

I also got my gym workout in during lunch and did the stepper/climber for 30 minutes, burning 330 calories.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have not read all of the posts yet but some have caught my attention. Some of you have expressed that they absolutly needed a rest day. Remember that the intensity and the duration of the activity is not a factor. What counts is that you do something that is out of the ordinary on a specific day. It could be yoga, meditation or a day at the store. The cleaning of the house even counts!! To those of you who have taken a rest day so far, think back on what you did that day and whether or not it should count.

I am someone who needs a rest day. I also am someone who is also very fit & active. I don't count my normal daily activity, like walking my dogs or cleaning the house, as a workout (although I do count longer yoga sessions). I joined this challenge because the norm for me has always been to workout (sweat-inducing, heart pounding workout) for 5-6 days per week. After starting school in September I had slowly let that number fall. I wanted to hold myself accountable to the 6 days per week again. I guess I will count things I normally don't count, but for the purpose of my ticker, I will only be counting my actual workouts.

So, that would put me at 6/7 since I walk the dogs everyday.
    I have already posted 1-3. 4/7, 5/7 & 6/7 will all be my 25 minutes of dog walking.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

It is great that your family is involved. I started working out for many reasons but one was to help encourage my mother. She's 5' even and 200lbs. I have encouraged and motivated her and now she goes to the gym 4 days a week w/ a personal trainer since June 2010. I am so proud of her! But at the same time... (my vent comes now) I keep listening to her complain that the scale barely moves and she is dancing the fine line of 201-199. Of course working out for 6 months she should have lost some more than that but she barely does cardio (her trainer tells her to do that before the session) and she literally eats all day from pure boredom. (I watched it during Christmas). So I emailed her today and tried to encourage her to log her food so she can see what and how much she is really eating. And her reply is that she knows that she won't stick to it. I feel in a limbo because there is so much more that I can tell her to help her but she is being hard headed! How often does the child get to say that about their parents? :laugh: But not to put her efforts down, because with the sessions she has lost over 8% BF and the docs lowered her insulin (actually told her only once a day and lowered the dosage) and her CL are better.
    I'm really opened to ideas.
    Okay, that was a little off topic for the 52 7/7 challenge, but if it makes it better I'm still hitting the gym tonight. :smile:
    Oh teetee how frustrating!!! She probably has tried dieting for sooo many years that she feels why bother but maybe encourage her to do some sort of physical volunteer work somewhere like food banks, at day cares or schools or a hospital! It will keep her from being bored!! To lose fat of any kind she NEEDS to do cardio!!! Get the heart rate up and sustain it for a long period of time!! I wish you the best! My mother has had a phobia of fat people (I am not joking!) and has my body image messed up! I have ALWAYS thought I was huge!! Thanks mom, I am now a fitness addict.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

I am someone who needs a rest day. I also am someone who is also very fit & active. I don't count my normal daily activity, like walking my dogs or cleaning the house, as a workout (although I do count longer yoga sessions). I joined this challenge because the norm for me has always been to workout (sweat-inducing, heart pounding workout) for 5-6 days per week. After starting school in September I had slowly let that number fall. I wanted to hold myself accountable to the 6 days per week again. I guess I will count things I normally don't count, but for the purpose of my ticker, I will only be counting my actual workouts.

So, that would put me at 6/7 since I walk the dogs everyday.
    I have already posted 1-3. 4/7, 5/7 & 6/7 will all be my 25 minutes of dog walking.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Kara, please do not feel any pressure from the group, you do as you and your body feel. I too did not count regular everyday activities as a workout/exercise. I did however make a conscious effort on my "rest days" to do something I would not normally do (like walk a total of 4 miles to and from the movie rental store). Since you live a very fit and active life I trust that you know what's best for you and if working out 6 days a week for 52 weeks is better than you did in 2010 then hey the goal (more movement) is accomplished.