My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    So question, after each week if we complete all 7 workouts we get 1 point? Can't wait to see the chart, thanks Missou for keeping track.

That is correct. Last year the chart showed smiley faces and flowers (but can't remember which each one represented) and she also calculated how many total days you exercised......(for example, there's 31 days in this month so the chart might look like 25/31 or 31/31.....if I recall correctly). I will say that I began looking forward to seeing the chart and the smiley faces/flowers and it pushed me to do some type of workout......it's the little things....
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Choco: Thats some crazy calorie burn you got today!!

1/7: 60 minutes of Yee Total Body Power Yoga & 35 minutes of Amy Bento Hi Lo Dynamics

I was amazed too. I knew prior to the workout that I needed to burn at least 400 calories for another challenge I'm participating in and when I was done w/Fire 45 it said 495 which motivated me to keep working out and when it was all said and done the hrm showed 736 calories burned.......
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    1/7 - Turbo Jam Punch Kick & Jam - Love this workout!!! I was dripping sweat...now I'm off to the shower cause quite frankly, I stink! :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    1/7 23 minutes on the treadmill.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    1/7 with TF Fire 45, Stretch 10, plus an extra 5 min of moving to get an hour and 500 cals burned! I do have to go on the treadmill or the elliptical later to count some Mileage for another thread I belong to!!

Good job ya all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep got er done!! 2.5 mile speed walk to burn 251 calories!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone...I am back...totally missed everyone....I finished out the year, only missing 2 days of fitness due to my dad passing...felt good about the dedication...been hitting it hard this year too...all 8 days so far...I will grab my calendar and update tomorrow....just got our internet turned back on and had to come say Hi to my pals....I can't believe your on page 8 all ready...I have some heavy duty catching up to do...but I will!!!
    Talk with you all soon!!!
    Choco, I seen you were posting away...great job and Verda...bringing it as always....so many new faces I look forward to getting to know everyone!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Yeah she's back, she's back , she's BAACCKK!!!!! and we missed you!!!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey Debra, you're back!! It is good to see you!!

I haven't had the time to read the posts today but I will tomorrow morning. I just finish playing tennis and doing some bowling on the Wii again with Hubby. We are getting better at it and it is harder on the arms and the shouders. Tomorrow, I will have to ask Hubby for an upper body massage.

Vickvick has worked again today and was called in yesterday too. Also, we had a gathering with my 3 girls for dinner last night and we laught a lot, my belly was in pain at the end :wink:

Missou : 1/7
    Magic Hands : 1/7
    Vickvick : 1/7
  • sarahsanchez79
    Options
    Didn't get to post yesterdays, so here it is:
    7/7-35 minutes of biggest loser

And today 1/7: 15 minutes of walking and went outside and played with my kids.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Sat. 1/7 with 30 min walk

Welcome back, Sue! We missed ya! :flowerforyou:

Will post today's exercise at the end of the day - not sure which direction I'll choose yet! :tongue:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    1/7 - 30 minutes of Kinect Your Shape. Did some of the fitness classes and then finished up by trying out some of the games too. ;)

I woke up yesterday at 5:45am, and for some reason had all sorts of energy and motivation to get stuff done. So I spent hours cleaning and doing small repairs on our house. Not typical stuff, not stuff I would normally do every day anyway... we're talking a lot of scrubbing, floor to ceiling cleaning, installed smoke detectors, rescreened sliding screen doors, etc. I didn't log all of that, but I feel like I deserve more than the 168 calories that the game gave me!!!

Got on the scale this morning and it shows I'm down about 3 lbs, hoping that holds till my next official weigh in and wasn't just a fluke!

Thanks for all the congrats! You all are so supportive in here! It's wonderful! And you all don't even know me yet! Looking forward to fixing that!! I'd respond to you all personally, but I just don't know everyone personally yet and going back through that thread again would take time I just don't have at the moment. This thread moves fast, it's difficult to keep up, but I'll get the hang of it eventually!

Oh, and about snow... moved from Chicago to Tampa 7 years ago, and don't miss the snow at all!! Of course, when we lived there I was in the worst shape of my life and never would have looked at shoveling as exercise. I would have looked at it as a horrible exausting chore to be avoided at all costs... maybe my outlook would be a little different now!!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    2/7 Ran 4.4 @ 6.0, walked 1.6 cooldown
    865 cals burned. Man, the clockwatcher feature was turned off today!! I ran right on by the twenty minute point when I take my first 3 oz. water hit. Looked down and was at 24:15 abt. 2.4 miles.....Dang!! Same at the finish ....4.465 on the counter when I hit the 4 button to slow down. The music was just right today as well. Learned from the last time it was B-52's day. Work That Skirt and Whammy! were right on time!!! 3.6 miles in and I was feeling it and WTS started. It's one of those songs that would make any non-dancer get up and move. No lyrics just a thumpin' beat and synthesizer.... check it out on iTunes or something. It's on the Whammy! album.

Good job everybody for sticking with it !!!!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    1/7 - W2 Sealing our garage floor... it would of been fine but my shoulders are way sore from last weeks Shred's. + 2.5 miles on my bike last evening.

<<The motivation here is keeping me going!!>> :drinker: to you all!!

wanna_be_fit You will love the Shred! :heart: Jillian Michaels has such great cues. I've only done L1 so far.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Quick post before going starting my day:
    2/7 there was snow on the driveway again, though it looked like I did not have to shovel, but I decided to because it was a good workout. So 25 mins shoveling again Later this evening I plan play Gold's Cardio. I'll post later after that. Have a great day!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    1/7 - W2 Sealing our garage floor... it would of been fine but my shoulders are way sore from last weeks Shred's. + 2.5 miles on my bike last evening.

<<The motivation here is keeping me going!!>> :drinker: to you all!!

wanna_be_fit You will love the Shred! :heart: Jillian Michaels has such great cues. I've only done L1 so far.

You are so right--it was fantastic! I can't believe that I'm sore all over from a relatively short workout. I will definitely be sticking with level 1 for a bit. Hopefully my legs aren't too sore for the C25K run I'm planning to do later. If it is too painful I'll just hop on the elliptical and go a little easy today!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I have been reading the posts I missed and noticed this talk about snow and ice :mad: Hubby and I are so tired of it and of the cold weather that we are talking about moving in the Caribbeans. There is snow, cold weather and humidity in Florida, it is not good enough for us, we want to wear our t-shirts all day, every day, 365 days every year :laugh: We are presently in the planning process and when we'll stop in St-Maarten during our upcoming cruise, we will go see some contacts that Hubby has made over the years. As for myself, I can not shovel and use this activity as a full body workout since my body is a real damaged good. I have to ask permission to Hubby to do it, he knows that it implies a full body massage using his deep tissue massage technics. Today, the snow is light, there is not too much of it, it is not too cold outside and I have his permission so I will shovel; my driveway needs to be cleaned up so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone :happy:

I am also reading about weight loss, congradulations!! Teetee, you must feel so good in your new jeans!!

Nemrenu, I totally agree with Runningneo (Mark from Florida??), trying to convince someone to do something when they just don't want to is a waist of time and energy. Your mother has lost some body fat and that is a good accomplishment in itself, right? Congradulating her on her winnings will encourage her to continue to go to the gym and that is what is the most important thing.

Verda, I hear your are doing a cruise soon, what ship will you be on? By the way, the best way not to gain weight on a cruise is to use the stairs, walk the ship and to ask for a low sodium menu in order not to retain water and become blotted. That is what I did on my last cruise and gained only 2 or 3 pounds and I did not refrain myself from enjoying the foods and drinks both on the ship and on the islands :happy: :tongue: :happy:

I am off to do some shoveling now, see you all later!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    teetee - good luck with your mom. I'm in another group that just had the same discussion about husbands. It boiled down to you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. We can only be accountable for ourselves, try to offer support to others when they want it, and have to let go of the frustrations when we see our family/friends doing it all wrong. It's not worth the nagging and hard feelings that develop as we try to change someone. That person has to want to change. I agree that being a positive role model is the best thing that you can do. If she sees your success, she may be inspired to join you. Off topic things are what keeps the group going - you don't have to apologize for it.

Debra - so glad to see you back... I've said it once, and I'll say it again when you check in with super pals!!! We miss you there too... How's the treadmill? and your running?

1/7 yesterday with 30 min low impact aerobics. As soon as I log off, I'm planning a 3 mile treadmill run. I'll be back later to check-in once the exercise is gone....

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    officially 2/7 this week after my 3 mile treadmill run at 13:40 pace. Week 2 of 16 done for 1/2 marathon training...
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm 2/7 for the week. I just completed Week 6, Day 1 of the C25K program. 35 minutes, 2.65 miles, 360 calories. I'm fairly sore after the Shred workout yesterday, but I'm glad to say that it didn't really interfere with my run. Great way to start the week!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just realized the week is a little different this year since the first started on Saturday...
    so for me
    1/7- 50 min on treadmill walking at 6 incline at 3.5 mph pace...an easier day for me...I had been working on running this past week
    2/7- 30 min yoga stretches and some core work on my stability ball and also used a new small sand filled ball...just added new toy to help with the motivation

to catch up

Jan 1 50 min treadmill 1/7
    Jan 2 5k on treadmill, lower body and stretches 2/7
    Jan 3 weightloss prorram on treadmill, 500 calorie burn 3/7
    jan 4 50 min treadmill, upper body with weights 4/7
    jan 5 weighted ball workout and speed walk on treadmill for 4 miles 5/7
    Jan 6 sick today, 1 mile walk, weighted ball workout...focus on core, 30 minute pilates stretchesm 6/7
    Jan 7 90 minutes on the elliptical, abs and flexability stretches 7/7

Victoria...I can't believe your doing another marathon...u go girl!!
    I can't find Super pals...but I'll stalk you here and find everyone...lol, grandkids want me off...they are starving...mean old gg anyways....promise to catch up....if thats possible, lots of pages and new friends to get straight!!