My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Today I completed the commercial challenge from the "Vixens and Foxes" thread. The goal was to complete some form of exercise during an hour long program. I decided to use the Kansas Chiefs vs Baltimore Raves football game. I started at 1:09 and finished at 2:09. I decided to jump rope during the commercial breaks. I used a stop watch to track my time and when it was all said and done I had jumped rope for a total of 25 minutes and 15 seconds.

Chocolickkyss: 2/7

Victoria & Debra: Glad to see both of you back on the board and still going at it. Victoria, another 1/2 marathon, you absolutely rock. I wanted to run a 5k this year but since I'm completing the Turbo Fire/Chalean Xtreme hybrid I didn't know how/where to incorporate the running. I would still like to challenge myself with a 5k at some point.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    2/7: Turbo Fire 55 EZ + 20 minutes of Ultimate Power Yoga

My legs are so sore that I almost skipped today...then I thought of everyone on this thread pushing through & I decided to do the same! Thanks to each of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

My legs are so sore that I almost skipped today...then I thought of everyone on this thread pushing through & I decided to do the same! Thanks to each of you!! :flowerforyou:

GREAT JOB KARA! Remember if this is your designated rest day you can do a light workout and TF 55 does not seem light (that workout is not on my schedule for another 2 or 3 weeks). You could have just completed the Power Yoga and still earned a point but I see you GO HARD or GO HOME :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: . Congrats on earning your first point of the new year.
  • BiloxiBelle
    Options

GREAT JOB KARA! Remember if this is your designated rest day you can do a light workout and TF 55 does not seem light (that workout is not on my schedule for another 2 or 3 weeks). You could have just completed the Power Yoga and still earned a point but I see you GO HARD or GO HOME :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: . Congrats on earning your first point of the new year.
    THANKS CHOCO!! Actually my rest days are going to be on Thursdays because I will be in school for 12 hours + drive time. I'm not following the TF schedule really at all. I'm just sort of trying them out as I feel like it based mostly on the length of the workouts. My main focus is my STS rotation. TF is my 'fun'!! I would love to do an Insanity/TF hybrid of some sort one day though!

Thanks again! You are always an inspiration!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Victoria, you're a great example with your 1/2 marathons. I sure would like to follow your footsteps.

Kara, I'm glad we helped you get motivated. It is a very motivational group here and I am very glad that I started it. I tried to start one on another board and the people just weren't up to it. MFP rocks and WE rock!!!

Debra, I was looking at your pictures and your body is showing what you are doing, you look great!!

When I decided to go out for the shoveling, it was snowing again and I didn't want to waist my energy and most probably hurt myself doing something that would have to be done again later in the day. So I play tennis and bowling for 60 minutes with Hubby on the Wii. After that, Hubby gave me a massage before going to the store. We bought Just Dance 2 for the Wii and I will start dancing around with Hubby!

Vickvick went out with Kitty to her boyfriend's place where they played and ran for about an hour. Vickvick is slowly starting to be more energetic, I am really happy about it!

I will go now prepare everything for diner. I am alone with Hubby and we are having a raclette.

See you tomorrow!!

Missou : 2/7
    Magic Hands : 2/7
    Vickvick : 2/7
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    2/7 with 30 minutes elliptical. YES I *FINALLY* made 30 minutes on my new elliptical with Jillian Michaels yelling at me the whole time! LOL I made the entire easy level #1 workout! Finally! I've tried three times and finally got it all the way through! I am very proud of myself. :bigsmile:
  • darcyinks
    darcyinks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I excersized all but two days this week. And I added in two days of 45 extra minutes. Not quite my goal, but I moved more than I would have without the challenge!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    2/7 with 30 minutes elliptical. YES I *FINALLY* made 30 minutes on my new elliptical with Jillian Michaels yelling at me the whole time! LOL I made the entire easy level #1 workout! Finally! I've tried three times and finally got it all the way through! I am very proud of myself. :bigsmile:

Congratulations Nancy. How does Jillian Michaels yell at you on your treadmill? If she yells anything like she does on the Biggest Loser than I feel for you BUT you'll be in awesome shape when it's all said and done. Keep up the great work.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options

Congratulations Nancy. How does Jillian Michaels yell at you on your treadmill? If she yells anything like she does on the Biggest Loser than I feel for you BUT you'll be in awesome shape when it's all said and done. Keep up the great work.

Actually, choco, it is not much of a yell compared to the show! Every minute she firmly says something like, "You can do this!" or "Think how great you will feel!"
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    1/7 - W2 Sealing our garage floor... it would of been fine but my shoulders are way sore from last weeks Shred's. + 2.5 miles on my bike last evening.

<<The motivation here is keeping me going!!>> :drinker: to you all!!

wanna_be_fit You will love the Shred! :heart: Jillian Michaels has such great cues. I've only done L1 so far.

You are so right--it was fantastic! I can't believe that I'm sore all over from a relatively short workout. I will definitely be sticking with level 1 for a bit. Hopefully my legs aren't too sore for the C25K run I'm planning to do later. If it is too painful I'll just hop on the elliptical and go a little easy today!

I figure its good idea to break it up to keep from injury. Have fun!!
  • nemrenu
    Options
    Nemrenu, I totally agree with Runningneo (Mark from Florida??), trying to convince someone to do something when they just don't want to is a waist of time and energy. Your mother has lost some body fat and that is a good accomplishment in itself, right? Congradulating her on her winnings will encourage her to continue to go to the gym and that is what is the most important thing.

Dominique This must of been for tete :smile:
  • nemrenu
    Options

AWESOME!!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Bluenote: Congrats on completing 30 mins, it is a great accomplishment when you acheive a goal.

Missou: How is the just dance? I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't see my husband playing with me. Though, I think I can get him on the Gold's gym, I saw him eyeing my skills. :laugh: I think your motivation is rubbing off on Vickvick, good to see you've influenced her positively.

Choco: Great use of the commerical breaks! For me, I use them to clean the house, so each time I'm getting up and most likely going up and down the stairs. See, tv is not so bad after all. :happy:

Pinbotchick: Thank you, your right, I can only continue to do me, and evenutally she may be inspired, until that official day comes, I will continue to sneak in helpful ideas when the topic arrise.

Verda: Missou has some good pointers about the cruise, also, there are mainly 3 locations for stairs. If your room is convenient to a set of stairs, skip that one and walk further down the hall to the next. And when you hit your ports you will have an opportunity to do plenty of walking also.

Biloxbelle: What is STS? I'm normally good figuring out the workout programs, but that has me for a loop.

As for me, I was successful in getting in some Gold's gym cardio this evening, along with cleaning the house (going up and down 3 flights of stairs). I went back over some post to try to catch up, but another set of commericals come on, I will be missing my moment to move. Have a great evening everyone!
  • nemrenu
    Options
    I am 2/7 W2 I did 3 miles with Bob and Sione... The Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd!

Onto another strong week for everyone :happy:
  • BiloxiBelle
    Options
    Biloxbelle: What is STS? I'm normally good figuring out the workout programs, but that has me for a loop.
    STS is a home workout program by Cathe Freidrich. It stands for 'strength training system' I think. It is set up very similar to p90x. Upper body work 2 days a week & legs 1 day per week. There are 3 different 'mesos' each with a different focus. For instance I'm on meso 1 which is muscle endurance.

Cathe in general is an awesome advanced instructor. I have been working out at home using dvds (well VHS back in the day) since the late 80s/early 90s & Cathe has always been one of my go-to instructors. She has always put out a quality product.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Nancy I am sooooo proud of you!!! WTG girl!!!
    Good job all for movin it!!!
    teetee & missou, I am a workout addict so moving on the cruise is not really a worry but the high calorie foods are!!!

I earned my 2/7 with going on the treadmill twice today! 3 miles this morning and 3 miles this evening!! Had to burn 500 :wink: !
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    2/7 2 miles with leslie
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Found myself lounging around in the living room playing a video game today... and not an exercise game... and my husband called to say he was on his way home from work! It was 7pm, and I still had to make dinner, and I realized I hadn't done any exercise for the day. I thought about skipping, taking a day off... then I thought about this group and decided that was a bad idea!!! I got dinner started, told my daughter what to do to finish it, and went out for a run while he was on his way home!

2/7 DONE with C25K week 4 day 3. :)

Thanks for the motivation everyone. And that run gave me an extra small pile of noodles and mushroom gravy with dinner tonight... I thoroughly enjoyed every bite and STILL came in under my calorie goal for the day!!! WooHoo!!!

I love this group already. :)
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    2/7 yesterday with Turbo jam Cardio party Mix 1 - UGH! - did workout right before bed and had a hard time falling asleep, then up at 5:15 for today's workout!

3/7 today with Couch 2 5K Week 6 Day 1

Will also be doing Turbo Jam Sculpt tonight after work.

Finally got my workout room all set up so I can really get those kicks in! Big open space in the basement with squishy colorful 'tiles' so I can bounce around and not kill my knees. I was having a hard time doing the full kicks in my living room.

Keep up the great work everyone! You guys really keep me motivated...I don't want to have to come in here and post that I didn't do a workout! I know you won't yell at me but I would still feel like I was letting the group down. Have a great day!
  • nemrenu
    Options
    Sarah and meanness.. what inspiration!!