8 min Abs + 15 min Swiss ball
    Trail-walk: 14m58s, 1.1 miles
    01/06/11: 6/7
    8 min Abs
    stair-walking
    Step-circuit: 19m50s
    01/07/11: 7/7
    8 min Abs + 15 min Swiss ball
    Walk: 1.82 miles, 27min. 13m41s/121 for Rockport 1 mile challenge.

Nice week!! How many calories is that for the week?
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    4/7 today with Week 6 Day 2 of C25K plus extra 5 min of running. Total mileage 3.2, calories burned 450. LOVE starting the day off with a workout--I'm so energetic for the rest of the day and I don't have my workout looming over my head all day at work!! :) Thanks to everyone on here--you guys are and this thread are definitely a motivation to get my butt out of bed every morning at 5:15!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    4/7 with 2 mile run at 13 min pace. Week 3 of training on track...
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Biloxbelle: Thanks for explaining STS. Sounds like a good workout, is the pace fast? I really want to complete P90X but I just think it is so slow and super long.

Well I was wrong, it stands for SHock Training System, not STrength Training. The pace changes for each Meso cycle. Right now I'm in muscle endurance so I'm lifting 60% or so of my max for about 14-16 reps. Then there's a 30 second rest. The next Meso is hypertrophy & I will be lifting 75ish?% of max for only like 10 reps or so with a bit of a longer break (i think 45 seconds?). The last Meso is strength & you basically go as heavy as you can for 6-8 reps & the break is a bit longer again.

What I really like is that time flies while doing the workouts. I never look at the clock wondering when it will be over. She doesn't repeat an exercise, so you do the exercise & move on. Each workout varies in length. SOme are 45 minutes, some are 55 minutes, etc. The only negative for me so far is the amount of equipment she uses during each workout. My workout room looks like a tornado hit when I'm done. But it is challenging (my hubby does it too) & different from p90x, but with many of the same concepts (muscle confusion, etc).

Go to Cathe.com & check it out. She has some pretty lengthy clips. AND right now the set is the cheapest it has ever been & probably ever will be. It's the 'weekly special' so its down from $300 to $199 PLUS 30% off. AND with the quantity discount special also running, you can basically get the Ab Circuits dvd for free if you wanted! STS does not have cardio included.
  • sarahsanchez79
    Options
    Haven't been able to post (or get big workouts) due to croupy baby...luckily today I set my alarm and got up SUPER early!

2/7: 15 minutes walking
    3/7: 15 minutes walking
    4/7: 40 minutes turbo jam (and going to try for more if possible!)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    4/7 Ran 4.4 miles @ 6.0 mph, walked 1.6 miles cooldown for another 865 cals.

I agree w/ wannabe.... great feeling all day.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just finished a 60 minutes full body workout. I played tennis for my upper body for 30 minutes, I did 50 reps on the AKP for my abs, I was 10 minutes on the Gazelle, I did some rehab work for my knee and I did 10 ups and downs in the stairs. I now have to hurry and get ready for my afternoon class and after, I am going to the agency for our monthly team meeting.

Take care and be good to yourselves :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GET AFTER IT EVERYBODY!!!

I torched a few calories today with my Turbo Fire/ChaLean Xtreme hybrid which consisted of Fire 45 EZ with Xtreme Abs and then I added in 2 fast miles on the elliptical! 4/7 complete!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Georgia is still in a state of Emergency and as a result I did not have to work today......Yippee....Yippee....Yippee. However, the Dept. of Transportation has yet to come to my neigbhor to put salt/sand down and as a result my entire subdivision is a sheet of ice. I have a long driveway that is completely ice.

Today, I completed the Fire 45 EZ (500 calories) dvd from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X (100 calories) from the P90X program. Once the workout was completed I decided to tackle the driveway. Since I have not had to salt/sand or shovel my driveway in the 10 years that I've resided in GA I decided to wear my HRM to see how many calories I burned taking on this task. I only made it 45 minutes shovelling before I called it a day and I'M NO WAY near being done but I burned (300 calories) in the process. I usually don't count household tasks as my part of my workout but I did today because as i stated I NEVER shovel and i can feel it in every part of my body...

Chocolickkyss: 4/7

I'm chatting on the phone w/my girlfriend as I write this post therefore I have not had an opportunity to review everyone's post. I will review posts a little later. Hope everyone is bringing!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    4/7 1 mile with Leslie. I fell and re-hurt my already sore hip. :sad: To many setbacks but I press on.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    4/7 1 mile with Leslie. I fell and re-hurt my already sore hip. :sad: To many setbacks but I press on.

I'm so sorry to read you have re-injured self. Take it easy so it doesn't get worse. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    4/7 today with Week 6 Day 2 of C25K plus extra 5 min of running. Total mileage 3.2, calories burned 450. LOVE starting the day off with a workout--I'm so energetic for the rest of the day and I don't have my workout looming over my head all day at work!! :) Thanks to everyone on here--you guys are and this thread are definitely a motivation to get my butt out of bed every morning at 5:15!!

Wannabe: I feel the exact same way regarding morning workouts. No matter what happens during the course of my day I know my workout is complete and it's a great feeling.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

4/7 W2 I'm logging in 2.17 treadmill miles, 4+ hours of yard work, mostly cleaning and raking up leaves for my compost pile .
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    2/7 this week

Did the treadmill for 30 minutes burning 226 calories. On a rush-but will catch up with posts later. :)
  • nemrenu
    Options

Good job :smile: Keep motivating us!!
  • nemrenu
    Options

Ivy mmmmm.. so sorry that happened to you!! Can you ice and rest it? Take care!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    4/7: Turbo Fire/Fire 45 (45 minutes) + 20 minutes of Ab Lab
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hugs friend!! Yes keep pressing on! Do upper body, crunches etc just keep moving unless there is pain to where you NEED to see the doc for!!! You are a trooper girl!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Ivy - so sorry to hear of the re-injury. Please take care!

4/7 with cleaning house and 30 minute elliptical with Jillian Michaels.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

4/7 W2 I'm logging in 2.17 treadmill miles, 4+ hours of yard work, mostly cleaning and raking up leaves for my compost pile .
    I wished I was raking leaves!!! Have'nt seen one of them for a couple of months due to the high snow drifts all around!!! Where are you from???