My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I am 3/7 today with 4.9 miles on the elliptical, 480 calories burned. Great way to start a Monday!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work everyone! You guys really keep me motivated...I don't want to have to come in here and post that I didn't do a workout! I know you won't yell at me but I would still feel like I was letting the group down. Have a great day!

HEAR HERE!!:happy:

3/7 4.4miles @ 6.0 and 1.6 miles cooldown 865 cals burned.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Satojekabe: great job on getting your workout in. This challenge is great; it makes you think twice before skipping a workout.

Meanness67: Your heart was pumping, I’m sure you did have a hard time going to sleep, hopefully once you fell asleep it was a good night’s rest. I just ordered CP mix 2 & 3, along with the TJ sculpt and something else. I can’t wait for them to arrive!

3/7 This morning, I woke up right before the alarm went off, but I decided to lay there until the alarm went off. Once it did, I was off and running. I completed Cardio Party this morning w/ my new weighted gloves. It gave me a whole new workout which I enjoyed so much. This evening I have my training session. I am totally looking forward to it.
    Hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday! Well Georgia is in a State of Emergency due to the winter weather storm of 2011 that dropped between 3-6 inches in parts of Atlanta. After the snow came the freezing rain and the temperature is not expected to go above freezing for the next couple of days. I live right on the outskirts of Atlanta but since I'm not on a major street plow trucks have yet to dump any ice melt and my subdivision looks like a sheet of ice. I know 3-6 inches isn't a lot of snow but b/c the Southerners are not use to it it was dang near a frenzy at the grocery and hardware store on Saturday afternoon and evening. I'm so glad I handled my errands as I always do, first thing in the morning because by 3 pm the lines they showed on the news were ridiculous. Most of the Metro Atlanta county schools, businesses and government offices are closed but since I've been working from home the last few months it's business as usual for me and my team.

My arthritis in my lower back and knee bothered me something awful last night and I got absolutely no relief until about 6 am this morning. I was able to get up and get at em about an hour ago in order to complete today's workout. Today begins my first week of the TF/CLX hybrid so I completed Push Circuit 1 and because I was aiming for at least a 60 minute workout, I also jumped rope for 10 minutes and concluded with a 15 minute stretch.

I keep forgetting to post my stats after each workout.

Saturday:
    Chocolickkyss: 1/7 (Turbo Fire 45, Jumping Rope 15 minutes and Stretching for 15 minutes)

Sunday:
    Chocolickkyss: 2/7 (Jumping rope for the commercial challenge)

Monday
    Chocolickkyss: 3/7 (Push Circuit 1, Jumping rope & Stretching)

Sarah & Meanness: I'm so glad this group is motivating you already b/c it was definitely my inspiration for ALL of 2010. These ladies are the most supportive. I say go hard now at the beginning b/c we don't know what the rest of 2011 has instore for us and there may be obstacles that actually require/mandate that you take a day off from working out and at least you can do so knowing that you went hard until that point.

Running: You're definitely a running machine so I guess your name fits you perfectly.

Teetee: It seems like you're slowly adapting to the dvd workouts. Where did you get your weighted gloves and the approximate price b/c I'm considering investing in a pair? Do you really think it makes a different in your workouts?
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday! Well Georgia is in a State of Emergency due to the winter weather storm of 2011 that dropped between 3-6 inches in parts of Atlanta. After the snow came the freezing rain and the temperature is not expected to go above freezing for the next couple of days. I live right on the outskirts of Atlanta but since I'm not on a major street plow trucks have yet to dump any ice melt and my subdivision looks like a sheet of ice. I know 3-6 inches isn't a lot of snow but b/c the Southerners are not use to it it was dang near a frenzy at the grocery and hardware store on Saturday afternoon and evening. I'm so glad I handled my errands as I always do, first thing in the morning because by 3 pm the lines they showed on the news were ridiculous. Most of the Metro Atlanta county schools, businesses and government offices are closed but since I've been working from home the last few months it's business as usual for me and my team.

My arthritis in my lower back and knee bothered me something awful last night and I got absolutely no relief until about 6 am this morning. I was able to get up and get at em about an hour ago in order to complete today's workout. Today begins my first week of the TF/CLX hybrid so I completed Push Circuit 1 and because I was aiming for at least a 60 minute workout, I also jumped rope for 10 minutes and concluded with a 15 minute stretch.

I keep forgetting to post my stats after each workout.

Saturday:
    Chocolickkyss: 1/7 (Turbo Fire 45, Jumping Rope 15 minutes and Stretching for 15 minutes)

Sunday:
    Chocolickkyss: 2/7 (Jumping rope for the commercial challenge)

Monday
    Chocolickkyss: 3/7 (Push Circuit 1, Jumping rope & Stretching)

Sarah & Meanness: I'm so glad this group is motivating you already b/c it was definitely my inspiration for ALL of 2010. These ladies are the most supportive. I say go hard now at the beginning b/c we don't know what the rest of 2011 has instore for us and there may be obstacles that actually require/mandate that you take a day off from working out and at least you can do so knowing that you went hard until that point.

Running: You're definitely a running machine so I guess your name fits you perfectly.

Teetee: It seems like you're slowly adapting to the dvd workouts. Where did you get your weighted gloves and the approximate price b/c I'm considering investing in a pair? Do you really think it makes a different in your workouts?

Choco: Your area's dilemma reminded me of my teen years in PA. I worked at the local grocery store stocking shelves and when there was a snow warning, the place was insane. Upside: Lots of OT. Downside: Ususally had to skip breaks and even lunch breaks. AND either had to bag groceries or run a register. (neither were very enjoyable) Those were the days B4 scanners, so it was a common occurrence to call over the loudspeaker, "Price check on Vlassic Dill Pickles 32 oz. blah, blah, blah." And the all-time favorite: rounding up the carts and pushing them through the slush to get them inside.

Meanness: I agree w/ Choco on the heart rate.... I have found that if I don't do "fasted cardio" my weight will just stay the same. FTITM running has yielded the best calorie burn for me. 2-3 pounds per week consistently. And I eat ALL my exercise calories which BTW last week totalled 5027 for seven days. My predicted burn this week is 6000+.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sarah and meanness.. what inspiration!!

Thanks! :blushing:
  • meanness67
    Options
    Meanness: I agree w/ Choco on the heart rate.... I have found that if I don't do "fasted cardio" my weight will just stay the same. FTITM running has yielded the best calorie burn for me. 2-3 pounds per week consistently. And I eat ALL my exercise calories which BTW last week totalled 5027 for seven days. My predicted burn this week is 6000+.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is FTITM running?
  • runningneo122
    Options

Pardon my ignorance, but what is FTITM running?

Sorry.:blushing:

First Thing In The Morning
  • meanness67
    Options
    Aahh...OK. That's when I do all my running, and I use that term loosely 'cause what I really do would be considered jogging.

Also, I don't usually do my other workouts so late but i was cleaning house and the day got away from me and I didn't want to skip the workout. I did read for about 1/2 hour before I went to be so I don't think my heart was still racing, but I was mentally pumped from the workout.
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Cardio of at least 30 minutes raises your metabolism for as long as 19 hours. Not to mention the endorphins. Bedtime your body prefers to slow down, hence the advice not to eat or drink 3 hours B4 bed.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey group..I am quickly realizing it is going to take me a bit to get to know everyone....but I will try hard to do just that!

3/7 with 7 miles total on treadmill, i walked 1, ran 5 and walked 1 more, torched some calories and very proud that I was playing with a 8 1/2 min mile...a friend on another group inspired me...she ran 20 miles last week on one run ( she's traing for a marathon at the end of the month)...amazing!!

Still haven't had time to read all the past pages but I will...this group really took off this year, along with a few familiars :bigsmile:

Missou, thanks for your comments about seeing a difference in my body, I appreciate that...you know what a struggle it's been for the pounds to leave!
    Choco....I was wondering if you were getting some of that storm....hugs!
  • runningneo122
    Options

very proud that I was playing with a 8 1/2 min mile...

AWWWESOME!! I'll get to that 7.0 mph pace by summer, God willing. The running schedule I set up for myself has me @ 7 miles @ 6.5 mph by April 1. I've run a couple miles @ 7.0 B4 at the end of a 6 mile run but I wanted to try a different approach to get up there slowly this time and run more than 2 miles while ending up feeling nearly wiped.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    2/7 this week

I did tons of hours of cleaning yesterday and today I got a lunch workout in the gym stepper/climber for 30 minutes and a good 255 calorie burn. Take care all!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Debra: The city is just about shut down and I don't have any intentions on going out there. I'm nice and cozy in my house.......there's food, electricity, heat and water...........................I'M GOOD!!!!!!!! Great job w/the 7 miles on the treadmill.

This group has taken off running and I really hope we can keep up this momentum b/c it really keeps me motivated.
  • makeitallsue
    Options

Debra: The city is just about shut down and I don't have any intentions on going out there. I'm nice and cozy in my house.......there's food, electricity, heat and water...........................I'M GOOD!!!!!!!! Great job w/the 7 miles on the treadmill.

This group has taken off running and I really hope we can keep up this momentum b/c it really keeps me motivated.

Wow, so glad your safe!!! we are having some head our way tomorrow, but only 4 inches...an hour north of me got dumped with 3 feet...goodness
    Me too on the motivation....I was so lost when our internet went down!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    2/7 this week

I did tons of hours of cleaning yesterday and today I got a lunch workout in the gym stepper/climber for 30 minutes and a good 255 calorie burn. Take care all!
    Good to hear from you Mayra...are you back with school or just working now? Hope the baby is well!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options

very proud that I was playing with a 8 1/2 min mile...

AWWWESOME!! I'll get to that 7.0 mph pace by summer, God willing. The running schedule I set up for myself has me @ 7 miles @ 6.5 mph by April 1. I've run a couple miles @ 7.0 B4 at the end of a 6 mile run but I wanted to try a different approach to get up there slowly this time and run more than 2 miles while ending up feeling nearly wiped.
    Thanks for the support...I am trying to slowly build my way up too, I would love to be able to comfortably run an 8 minute mile...I average around a 10-11 minute mile right now...this morning I started out at 5.0 and just kept increasing it by a couple clicks every quarter mile or so...it was my last mile that I jumped to 7.0, ran a quarter of a mile, then took it back down to 6.2 and went back up...but I ran around 3/4 of that mile at the faster pace:bigsmile: , baby steps!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    CL burn circuit 1 this morning..2/7
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    3/7 - 15 minute brisk walk with a co-worker.

Not sure I'll be able to get anything more in tonight as we have a meeting to go to from 6:30 to 8:00, and I have got to get in bed early tonight! So, I'm just gonna log that for today and mark this done for today! Stayed up too late last night playing a game, and I'm SO TIRED!!

I want to try some of these workouts you all are doing. At some point, at least. I love my dvd's, but I love to have variety as well!! Any recommendations for someone who wants to update her collection with something new but isn't in the best of shape yet and might need to start off a little less intense?
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    3/7: 55 minutes Cathe STS Shoulders, Chest, Bi + Turbo Fire Hiit 20 + 20 minutes of AM Yoga For Your Week/Hip Openers

Sarah: Have you ever looked at Kelly Coffey Myer's workout dvds? SHe puts out a series called '30 minutes to fitness' and each dvd has two 30 minute workouts & also the option to combine the 2 for a full hour workout (plus all kinds of other premix options). Every dvd has a modifier to make the workout less advanced. She has strength training, circuit work, cardio, kickboxing, bootcamp, etc... Just a thought. :flowerforyou: