Fit For Future Families - January 2011

Options

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    kcurtis, before you use the monitor, you need to do a hard reset. Google clearblue easy monitor and hard reset and you should find directions easy enough (or they might be in the manual). However, you need to do it at the time you plan to test, otherwise your testing window will be off. You should test first thing in the morning with your first urine. I've been using one for three months now and have yet to get a peak, so it might not work if you have a short surge of LH like I do.
  • SkinnyOat
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I almost can't believe it, but we got hit with a heck of a storm today. There's over 2 feet of snow out there. It fell within 12 hours! Office was closed and everything (I work for the town, which NEVER closes). So, needless to say, I spent the better part of my day shoveling. I earned almost as many calories shoveling as I normally get to eat for the day! I put some low fat cream of potato soup in the slow cooker this morning, it should be almost ready.

I made a pack with my friend 3 weeks ago to increase our exercise plans and get ready for our annual 5k in March. It seems so far, yet so close! I'm happy to say that I have met my exercise goal 3 weeks in a row. Quite the start to 2011!

I completely spaced on temping (how could I do that?!) and am waiting for my next cycle so I can start. I'm all off since AF was over a week late last month. I should be due at the end of next week, so let's hope it shows up on time so I can get on temping-track. Hope all is well!
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    fitterpam - that post on the "lessons" of parenthood was hilarious!

Welcome to everybody new. I have to go back and read up on everybody's posts. There are so many everyday! I love hearing about what works/doesn't for everybody.

kcurtis - I did read about the renter and that really stinks. How stressful - more incentive to go burn off some stress!

Jalara - I hope you're feeling better. Did you go to the doctor for the heart flutters?
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Alisa any news?

Skinnyoat, I ended up shoveling my driveway THREE times by myself because DH is still in Alabama! I didn't log it on the first day because I was already under by over 1000 calories from other exercise but yesterday I did log it as my cardio and it said I burned quite a bit! Still a bit sore.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Pam - that was so funny!!! I shared it with a few co-worker who have kids, they all said it's fairly accurate! :laugh:

Alisa - did you get your test results yet?

Jalara - I hope you feel better.

kcurtis - I'm sorry about the problems your having with your tenant. My mom's house finally passed inspection so her renter will be moving in the 1st of the month, I'm afraid she's going to have similar problems.

I just want to say that I hate snow!!! :angry: It wasn't enough to close my office (although I work for the State and in the 4 years I've been there we've only closed once) but there was enough snow to cause major problems on the road. My normal 20 minute drive to work took over an hour today. :grumble: DH got up early and shoveled the driveway while I was still sleeping, so I got out of shoveling this time.

According to the app on my phone I should be Oing today. I still never got an OPK, but I've had cramping today and yesterday on my right side only and my CM is like egg whites so I've got my fingers crossed. Either way, DH isn't complaining about my increased drive! :laugh: :laugh:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No results yet....SUPER frustrating!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I called the clinic every half hour from 1pm until they closed at 4. i left a VM at 1:30pm and never got a call back...apparently they have 72 hours to call me back and the actual lab cannot release the results!! :explode: :explode:

I have a friend who is a nurse at the military hospital and she is working tonight so i asked her if she could check the system and see if she could get access to them....if no other one but the HCG one! If she can't i'll be on base tomorrow and i'm going to go in and talk to someone at the clinic. I know i've said this before but I don't care which direction the test goes i just want to know! We have a squadron function tomorrow night and i obviously don't want to drink if i AM pregnant, but i'd like to drink if i'm NOT! :laugh: :laugh:

Geez guys! You and your shoveling! I bet you are burning some great calories! The combo to cardio and weights that it must have! :happy:
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just popping in... Its been forever since i have posted. After 4 months of not getting preggers with clomid i changed to an RE. Had our appt today and if all goes well and i ovulate next week like i should then we are going to be doing an IUI next weekend... I am super excited and i little nervous as well. I hope i ovulate!!!

As far as weight goes blah thats another issue. I am not loosing even though i am eating the calories i should. But my dr switched my metformin to 2000mgs from 1000. So i hope to see some results with weight loss here within the next couple of weeks.

He was super encouraging and confidant that i will get pregnant and that he can help me :) Im pretty dang excited for this new chapter...
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Welp, first round of disappointment :cry: ...My girlfriend called me and said they found my lab results at the "baby" section said no:cry: ...i was a lot more disappointed than i had thought i would be, she didn't even really want to tell me since it was not good news, but i held it together while i was on the phone with her and reassured her that i was glad she was the one that told me and i probably was a lot calmer on the phone with her than i would have been with a complete stranger. I'm not devastated bc i am holding out hope that I will O before my husband leaves and we can try again. I mean, this time was a long shot anyway. I just hope that my body gets it together soon! So frustrating! I went off BC in October so i had time to regulate so we could be good to go by this month and now i feel like it has backfired...ugh...:sad:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Alisa, Sorry to hear that. It's a really frustrating thing to think you are (even if you don't admit it) and then find out you're not. Our bodies have a mind of their own.....I hope you do O before he leaves (it sounds to me like you're trying to gear up to any time now - stress delays it so make sure to get in lots of exercise and relaxation).

Tonight is aquafit and I'm pretty excited although I'm still not feeling well - my eyes are all swollen and puffy - i'm thinking it's allergies which makes me know I have to go and pick up my allergy shots to start sometime soon before i feel any worse. Last night however the strangest thing happened. My hubbie got home and was going to go out and do groceries (while i was on a late evening conference call) but he went outside and the car wouldn't start. Strange since he'd driven it 40 minutes before to get home....long story short, it's a frozen starter motor (Car is an 09 model, just out of warranty - of course). His best friend came over and tapped it and the sucker started right up. That's only a temporary solution though. The dealership is ordering in the part and it should be in tomorrow - $500 later......Oh well....these things happen, I guess.

Looks like not ONLY did I start this cycle on my own this time, but it seems to be winding down - which would make it a 5-6 day cycle which is unheard of for me. The meds are working their magic finally!!! If hubby is better and I am better then we might be able to make this work on our own :love: Still using the fertility treatment though - it's like insurance :tongue:

Hope this day gets better for me (and everyone else).
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Oh Alisa.....so sorry to hear about the no. It's like a little heartbreak all over again:brokenheart: ...even if you think you are ready for it. It gets me every time, even when I think I'm ready. Hugs.

I'm on day 2 of Clomid. No weird side effects stuff happening yet that I am aware of, but I was way over my calories yesterday. Partially because I didn't get any exercise in, but only partially. I don't think I can blame it on the meds. Although, if it was the meds that made me just feel like eating everything in sight, then I am in for some trouble, ladies. This is going to be a rocky road...rocky road ice-cream, probably...and lots of it.

On the positive side-my son seems to be recovering from whatever crazy sickness he has had--no fever, but still has a crazy nasty cough, and my husband got back last night from his business trip, so I am no longer single-parenting. It makes all the difference in the world to me. Props to anyone who is a single parent--my hat is off to you...and however you make it through the day. I haven't had much practice at it (lucky me)...but we survived. :tongue:

Have a good weekend everyone...
  • epa422
    Options
    Sorry Alisa. I had hoped that maybe your chart was wrong and you had Od, but it definitely looks like an annovulatory cycle thus far. I hope your body gets the kinks worked out before your husband leaves.

I did an hour and a half on the elliptical last night and can barely walk today. Easy on knees, my foot... I'm also still sore from shoveling snow. I really would like the weather to warm up.

We're having car troubles, too, Pam. However, my husband had decided he would get a new vehicle this weekend, so at least it's not coming as a shock. Hopefully his car will run long enough to trade it in for something else. We also think having a car payment (after we've been debt free for a year) is the perfect way to guarantee that I get pregnant soon. :laugh:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    kah- All I have to say is that taking Clomid for me is like having PMS symptoms x10 ALL month long! That is why I think people gain weight cause you have the munchies and don't want to move! I'm telling myself that I will NOT fall into that this next time and will MAKE myself at least continue my workout routines. But it is all worth it if it results in a baby!

Pam- That is good news about having a normal cycle. That definitely means you are getting somewhere. And don't you just LOVE car trouble! grrr!

Alisa- I'm SO sorry. I know that even if you say "it doesn't matter" when you don't get your period your hopes are automatically high and it is a big let down when we find out our body just isn't cooperating with us the way we need it to. My friend always told me that my body can be a real b*tch cause I treat it so well and take such good care of it and it treats me the way it does! lol! I would recommend NOT going back on bc cause they definitely do have other options to get your cycle back in check. I'd research what you need to do/take and present it to the doctor on your next visit. I believe in being very proactive about your own health!

Ivy- I only have mild PCOS and I'm on 1500mg of Metformin. Having you at such a low dose could have been one of the issues you spoke of. That is definitely exciting news though that you are proceeding with a plan. I love having a plan rather than "just bd and see what happens"!

As for me I'm thinking that I'm going to stop weighing myself for at least another week. I was up a pound today and have been excellent with my eating and super duper excellent with my exercise getting no less than an hour a day! Yesterday I worked out in the morning for almost 2 hours and then last night I went to cardio kickboxing (cause I had no excuse not to)...and then up a pound this morning. Ugh. Whatever. I FEEL good so I guess that is what really matters.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    We're having car troubles, too, Pam. However, my husband had decided he would get a new vehicle this weekend, so at least it's not coming as a shock. Hopefully his car will run long enough to trade it in for something else. We also think having a car payment (after we've been debt free for a year) is the perfect way to guarantee that I get pregnant soon. :laugh:

Aw....LOL we had the same thought two years ago (when we got this one). We'd worked hard to be debt free and keep it that way and then our old clunke car was giving too much hassle so we bought one with a car payment attached. I hate it and now it's giving problems too, but we drive the heck out of it...I have to say.....it can't hurt your chances...that's for sure :P
  • SkinnyOat
    Options
    What's with the stupid cars?! We're having issues with my DH's 4wd. It's not working and I had to drive him into work today. Grrr!!! We already have a car payment (for my vehicle) and the thought of a second makes me light-headed. Maybe my next job will be close enough to home so I can walk and we can share a car. Ah, to dream!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry Alisa. ::hugs::
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is freaking out over snow! I’m so used to snow storms that I expect them! I leave the house earlier knowing full well that it takes almost double the amount of time to get to work all winter long.

Kcurtis – I’m so sorry to hear you’re having issues with your tenant! Did you do a credit check on the person before offering up a lease? Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a foolproof way of screening people!

SkinnyOat – Congrats on the exercise! I can’t wait to be able to say the same thing.

Ron – Happy BD’ing, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!

Alisa – I’m sorry to hear the bad news, when does your husband leave? Is there a possibility of O’ing before he leaves?

Pam – I’m so happy to hear TTC things are looking your way, even if car things aren’t!

Erica – I hope Murphy’s law works its magic 

So I have my appointment at the Fertility clinic tomorrow, does anyone have suggestions of things I should ask? I’m so afraid to miss something!
  • epa422
    Options
    So I have my appointment at the Fertility clinic tomorrow, does anyone have suggestions of things I should ask? I’m so afraid to miss something!

Definitely ask what they'll be testing you for in bloodwork. Ask to have your thyroid checked if it's not on the list. If your husband hasn't had a semen analysis yet, ask about having that done. You'll probably have to set up bloodtests on CD 3. They might have you come in for a sonogram a week or so later to check for follicles. They should check your progesterone 7 days after O NOT on CD 21 if you don't have a 28 day cycle. Not sure beyond that.

I found this list on a post on BBC from someone who had been to an RE:

1) Ultrasound - to view my uterus, tubes and check my ovarian reserve, antral follicle count.
    2) Medical History (DH & Me)
    3) Recommended Protocol (Lupron)
    4) Individual success rate (60%)
    5) Recommended test to be done (I opted to do some outside of the infertility office whereas they would not go toward my infertility lifetime max of $20k, it was just basic blood work ups for both of us)
    6) Any questions we had, which we had a ton.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys! I did take it harder last night than I thought but after talking with my hubs we're really okay. The timing would have been cutting it REALLY close so it actually works out better this way. According to FF I was predicted to O next week...not sure if that will happen since I haven't started a new cycle. CM is egg white and gummy and there was a lot of it today...the last time I had this much like 2-3 days later I got a +OPK so I'm hoping that's what is in store for us this time too! The hubs leaves in 3 week's so we have SOME time just not a lot

KCurtis - sorry to hear about your tenant!! That is tterrible that ppl can be so unreliable!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Abeare - I know, I love snow too.

Questions to ask, things to get checked. When we went it was really their forms that needed to be filled in prior, but I would bring in your cycle history (as far back as you have it). Ask about their typical recommendations based on paperwork and find out what's covered in Quebec (your coverage for fertility treatments kills ours in Ontario which is zero - unless you have a blocked tube). Ask about the process for the next 3 months (tests needed, mandatory therapy sessions, etc.) They typically have a whole booklet on what their process is and they typically won't talk fees until after your results are in and they have recommended a treatment. They do this all the time and have answered all the qeustions. If you don't have anything more to ask, ask "Is there anything else I should know" - they will cover everything you should know. Also, you can ask for a list of the most common drugs so you can check to see if you're covered on any of them and how much you're covered (we're covered for 2 out of about 14 since my company doesn't cover fertility treatments).

Good luck.

Just got back from a prescription refill appointment at my doctors and she was thrilled and says she thinks we're going to do it naturally since I've lost so much weight and the cycles seem to be evening out and hubbie's been surgically enhanced....it's just nice to think someone's on our side that is medically inclined (don't get me wrong - you guys are awesome!)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I've been doing some thinking about my motivation about being on MFP and trying to live healthier, and while I'm pleased about the answers I've come up with, I've determined that I need to take a step back from this thread.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here. Also, Pam and Ron: you two ladies are amazing. I'll pop in from time to time to say hello. I hope one of you don't mind taking over the thread (FYI, it automatically re-starts at 500 posts, which you can normally catch if you post a new thread every month).

Take care all.