Fit For Future Families - January 2011

Options

Replies

• manda_socal
    Options
    Hi everyone! I found this thread recently and have been very encouraged reading your stories. Thank you for your amazing thoughts, and I think you all have great hearts to help others. If I may, I would love to join your group and offer my encouragement too!

My story is that I've lost about 30lbs with MFP and we've been TTCing for 3 months. I just love MFP and tell all my friends about it! I'm at my goal weight of 128lbs (I'm 5'8") and was thinking I might just loose just a few more lbs, except I didn't O in Dec and I'm already late to O this month. I'm usually pretty regular with my cycles, so I'm starting to think maybe I'm eating too few calories (1200/day not incl exercise cals) and my body is going into starvation mode, which ISN"T GOOD. Has anyone else had this problem?

P.S. Jalara, you've helped so many women on these posts! I know you will be missed, at least for the time being, and hopefully you will be back someday! :)
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Welcome! 128 at 5'8" might be a little too low. I would set your calories at maintain and see if that helps with O.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm gone for one day and so much has happend! Geez!

Welcome to the new ladies! Good luck in your ventures! You will find that these ladies are kind, knowledgeable and super encouraging!

Jalara - You will be greatly missed, but i can understand your reasoning and you know where to find us! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

So....I got a big fat :smile: on my OPK today!! Hubs and I will be BDing tonight and continue until my temp spikes! Woot Woot! i'm so happy that i might O!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

So....I got a big fat :smile: on my OPK today!! Hubs and I will be BDing tonight and continue until my temp spikes! Woot Woot! i'm so happy that i might O!

:happy: :bigsmile:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Alisa - doing a little dance for you..... :happy:
    Erica - what the heck is a TTC psychic???? LOL

I'm so freaking frustrated with my body right now. I finished TOM on Thursday and this morning I woke up and she was saying hello again. I'm not sure yet if this is just spotting or if it's full blown, but ARGGGGGGGGGG :explode:

It's snowing again, so yet another opportunity to get out the shovel and get out some aggression on the white stuff!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!

Jalara- do what you know is best for you! I’m still sending you TTC vibes.

Alisa – Although i didn’t test for O i know i am, so let’s hope we get preggers this month! Happy bd’ing!

So thank you to everyone for the suggestions on questions to ask at my appointment yesterday. We got our blood tested (waiting for the results) and i need to make a new appointment between cd5-10 to see if i may be blocked?!? But the dc didn’t think it worth testing for more than that right now because my cycles are so regular. DH did have his boys tested and we did find that although everything else is fine his count is a little low. The dr. Said this may be the reason its taking as long as it has. We’ll see!

Thanks for all the support.
    Now that that’s done, I’m going cross country skiing with the in-laws!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I got a TTC psychic reading as well- from Jenny Renny:

"Your reading reveals that your BFP news comes the month of November from a cycle that begins in October 2011. (1 attempt is shown before that but fails). The baby shows as a girl and her EDD/birth date is referenced the month of July 2012 - specific reference to the 9th and 17th. (Donor shows both times as a Wand - so he's either a Sagittarius, Leo or Aries - light brown hair, fair features and well travelled.)"

So we'll see if it comes true or not, but a girl in July would be lovely!!! (I love Cancers!) It's fun anyway and worth the $8. :wink:

Sorry I can't respond to each and every one of you - there's a lot of activity on this board and it's hard to keep up. I don't check in very often anymore - not sure why... just really busy I guess! Still love you all though! xo Jalara - you'll be missed and thank you for maintaining this board like you did! You're the best! And Welcome to all the newbies! Baby dust to you all! :flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    LOL - now I have to find a TTC psychic too!!
  • epa422
    Options
    I wanted to get one fro jennybenny, too, but my hubs might not be thrilled about me throwing away more money especially since I'm probably already pregnant according to Ruby. LOL Pam there is a group on babycenter with a long list of psychics and how good they are regarding the predictions coming true. You could start the search there. Baby psychics or something like that. It's amusing at least.
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I wanted to get one fro jennybenny, too, but my hubs might not be thrilled about me throwing away more money especially since I'm probably already pregnant according to Ruby. LOL Pam there is a group on babycenter with a long list of psychics and how good they are regarding the predictions coming true. You could start the search there. Baby psychics or something like that. It's amusing at least.

:laugh: I'M Jenny Benny - SHE's Jenny Renny! LOL But I know what you meant. :wink:
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    :laugh: We're both Banana Fanna Fo Fenny. LMAO!!:laugh:
  • epa422
    Options
    LOL sorry. I haven't looked at her stuff in depth and most people on BBC just call her Jenny.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Hey ladies! Busy day today cleaning and getting the house organized! The inlaw's fly in from OH today and are spending a week with us. I LOVE them...but i'm kinda glad my hubs is working nights this week so he'll spend the days with them while i'm at work and then i'll cook dinner and hang out with them for a few hours at night. They trying to get quality time with him before he deploys and i want to let them have as much time with him as they can w/o me...which i'm ok with as long as they don't leave me out! :laugh:

BD last night success (even though i was EXHAUSTED and really didn't WANT to....I took one for the team :laugh: ) hubs woke up this morning wanting to do it again and I told him no and he gave me the saddest look and said "But i thought you got the smiley face so we were trying!" and I told him we needed to wait at least 24hours inbetween BD sessions to give his "swimmers" a chance to regroup and be strong! Im running to CVS to get some Preseed just to be on the safe side bc lately we've wanted to use a lube but i told him last night we couldn't use the regular stuff bc it would be counter productive on his little men!
  • jessi4d
    jessi4d Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm late to join the group, but my husband and I decided to move up our TTC date a couple of months. Actually, I did, he's just enjoying the BD. :)

We've been on MFP for a couple of months, trying to get our calorie in take under control. I moved from NYC, where I could have any food I wanted but walked everywhere, to the suburbs. No more walking around. In fact, people give me weird looks when I try to walk!

I know that it takes the average couple 6 to 12 months to get pregnant, but I'm pretty anxious about it. But all I worry about is "What if it doesn't work for us?" I'm a scientist, so I'm used to controlled experiments with expected outcomes, but TTC is totally out of my control!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and say that it's nice to "meet" you all!
  • manda_socal
    Options
    AlisaToth, congrats on your O. I'm still waiting to O myself, disappointed to wake up this morning and still have a low temp. Oh well. Thanks for the advice Erica, I changed my MFP goal to maintain and hopefully my body will respond with getting my cycles back to normal. Our bodies are so amazing. so complicated.

Jessi4d, welcome! I saw your bib number in your pic, what event is that from? I did my first sprint triathlon back in August. It was an awesome experience!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Yay Alisa!!! Hoping last night was the right timing :D Fingers haven't been uncrossed yet...LOL

Jessi - I totally know what you mean about TTC being out of control. I'm an analyst, so my life revolves around numbers. The average couple has a 20% chance of conception even when "trying" every cycle (which is why they say it should happen within a year - if you're timing it right every cycle, then chances of you hitting it on the head with a 20% chance are excellent). Even if you're in the minority, like me (TTC for 9 years, not preventing for 13) and it doesn't happen right away, there is a reason for everything.

Welcome to the group.

Manda - Aren't they though. It's funny, every time we think we know something about how bodies respond, our natural world tells us we know NOTHING :laugh: I'm sure the maintenance will be just the kick you need :)
  • jessi4d
    jessi4d Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Manda- the bib is from my first 5K from November. I didnt do as well as I wanted but it gave me a good starting point.
    And since I'm 30, my monthly chances dropped to ~15% each month. Boo!
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    So...how long after my +OPK should my temp spike? Wed/Thus my temp was 96.1 & 96.2 then friday got the :smile: and today and yesterday it has been 96.5...is that enough of an increase? I'm confused....
  • epa422
    Options
    Alisa, looking at your chart, I don't think that was enough of a spike. I would say tomorrow it will spike. Mine typically does two days after a +opk, but it's different for everyone. Just keep BDing at least every other day until FF gives you crosshairs.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Thanks! Just going to keep BDing everyday to every other day until...well he leaves...we only have 2 weeks -ish left...so what's the harm! What a way to spend the two week wait right?? :-)

Spent the day with the in-laws in Wine country driving from vineyard to vineyard wine tasting! Yummy!! I was so beautiful! 70 degrees sunny blue skies! It was like we jumped from January to April for the afternoon! WONDERFUL!

I have decided to hold off on doing an official weigh in until my husband leaves and or i find out i'm preggers...I'm sticking consistently to 141-143lbs which is depressing but i'm trying to just get thru the next few weeks with my hubby...

I'm super impressed with you ladies who did marathons/5k's...I did a 5k about 5 years ago but would really like to do another one soon.... COMMON MOTIVATION!!