Fit For Future Families - January 2011

Options

Replies

• heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!

nkster I've used preseed and REALLY like it! It definitely helped when I am taking Clomid cause the meds dry things up. I would definitely recommend it even if you don't have problems with dryness. It is the same pH as your own CM so it actually can help the swimmers get to their destination! lol! :blushing:

kah I'm sorry hun...Clomid is a nasty nasty drug and only because it has 1 more PRO than CON (which of course is the goal of a baby) is the only reason I'd take it again. I hate not feeling like myself and that sounds like what it does to you too. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

pam it is okay to have pity parties...as long as you give yourself the one day/one meal and then jump right back on the wagon again. You have come so far and have accomplished so much on your journey! I wish we all could be able to put ourselves in the body/mind of when we started to remind us really how far we've come! Yeah for girls nights! I love surrounding myself with strong, beautiful, smart women for an evening of fun!

alisa I sure do hope that is the case as well...and I'm telling you, peeing on a stick is addictive, once you start it is IMPOSSIBLE to start. I've deliberately avoided going to Walmart even though I REALLY need to in fear that I will give in and buy a test! I told my hubby that he had to chaperon the trip! lol! He thinks I'm ridiculous. Oh and they are pricey but the First Response Early Detection are the best...be weary of blue dyed tests. Some of the Equate brands are blue! Please keep us updated if you can! Even though I am just so very jealous you get to spend a weekend in sunny San Fran! :)

I am trying to talk myself into the fact that I'm not pregnant so that there won't be any disappointment when it doesn't happen this month. We were planning on starting Clomid this next cycle anyways so this month wasn't even an option before. So I really shouldn't have any reason for being upset if it doesn't happen this month.....right?! I guess I will know soon enough.

Hope everyone has a really great day!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Heather - I'm the same way, I walk into it thinking it can't be true (and it never is for me) and then afterwards I feel guilty because I think I jinxed it....... And then AF hits and I realize why I've been so irrational about the testing.

AFM: woke up this morning feeling pretty good. My temp was WAY down this morning but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt since I did only get 3 hours of sleep before taking it. My OPK was not quite neg yesterday though, it was almost like half the line was dark and the other half was light......I'm thinking todays will be dark and then what I had last night was a bit of a dip in the temp.....Anyone have anything special planned this weekend? Not me. I'm staying home, cleaning the house, doing laundry and maybe watching a movie or two (although I'll probably also get outside and chip at some of the ice on the driveway (melts and freezes are the worst). Looks really nice out so I might also get the dogs walked....WOO HOO and DH is off this weekend (he works alternates) so I'm probably not going to be on a lot this weekend. I won't be too bored
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Sorry I can't respond to everyone right now, I'm working. But I wanted to give a quick update.
    No, we haven't gotten my niece back. He still has her and is being a complete *kitten* hole (sorry). If I knew where he was I would kill him! Ugh!

I'll be back soon...
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Hi!
    Sorry I can't respond to everyone right now, I'm working. But I wanted to give a quick update.
    No, we haven't gotten my niece back. He still has her and is being a complete *kitten* hole (sorry). If I knew where he was I would kill him! Ugh!

I'll be back soon...

I don't blame you - it's such a horrible situation :( I hope she's found soon and he's charged with something
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just bought "What to Expect Before You're Expecting" for my Kindle. I started reading it tonight. I cannot believe how small the window is to get pregnant. It's so funny because when you are a teenager you are terrified of getting pregnant. You are constantly thinking you are pregnant. Then when you actually want to be, it becomes this crazy task. I wonder if reading about it makes it more stressful, hehe.

I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday night. Just remember you all are beautiful and anything is possible if you set your mind to it:0) Being positive goes a long way!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Nkster - Thanks - my Saturday was quite lazy. Didn't get done half the stuff I wanted to....Right now my couch has two sets of pillows, a fluffy blanket and two big old butt prints in it....LOL Tomorrow is another day though.

I have one OPK left. Today is CD 20 for me. Don't think I'm going to be buying another pack for this cycle, although the line seems to be getting darker on there. I'll just have to rely on what I think I know....I did a little bit of research today on EWCM and have determined that I have never had it....not like others have - I have to really examine closely.......LOL You'd think I'd know the difference by now.

My commitment for the coming week to myself is to exercise at least 10 minutes every day and 3 days I need to put in 30 minutes extra. I also recommit to drinking 12-15 glasses of water daily (these OPKs have really thrown me off). Aquafit is probably not going to happen this week. One of my swim buddies leaves for her Carribean cruise with her Mom next Sunday and because we're taking them to the airport, they want to take us to dinner before. It's the nicest place in town and I can't say no, because I know how much it means to them to do this but I might go on Saturday instead - feel bad though cause Thursday is the only night my other new swim buddy can go, but her boyfriend's going to still take her on Thursday.

Two weeks to go for DH's follow up and then a few more days before our next clinic appointment. Hopefully I'll have a BFP before then, but if I haven't quite O'd yet.....probably not......
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I spent the weekend getting back into the house renovations - so it looks like a bomb went off in here today but we got 3 ceilings painted (family room, downstairs hallway and guest bathroom). We stopped because we finished the paint. Once we have a chance to run to the store, we'll finish off the office and living room/dining room. Then it's only another few rooms to go - they're all going a light grey. I did my groceries today - for the first time in a long time without a list. I did really well. The only thing I didn't grab was chicken - it wasn't on sale at the store I went to, so I'll go to my butcher. We actually subscribe to an organic food service that delivers to the house, but I don't want to put anything on credit until we know how much we need for the treatments so we've been buying from the butcher down the street. I did buy a few things that I think should be good choices. I picked up some vanilla almond milk (I used to love putting soymilk in my smoothies....but since I don't eat soy anymore...this should be a good option.). One of the threads talked about heating it up like chocolate milk and it tastes like ovaltine, so we'll see....I also grabbed some coconut oil (cause I keep seeing it in Heather's diary) and some 10grain hot cereal.....I wasn't even tempted by the junk

Finished my last OPK today....still haven't seen the same line, but I'm just going to keep going every other day until at least day 35 (which is my appt with the fertility clinic anyways). I dont' think the OPKs aren't working for me because of the PCOS. Apparently the conflict is when PCOS causes a constantly elevated level of LH, since my result line is always lighter than the control line, that would mean that I haven't seen an elevated level of LH, right?

How are the POAS group? I know there are a few people waiting a few days to head for the HPTs (and some who are just going for them randomly....LOL) I hope we have a few more BFPs on here.....

HMKan - how're you finding the 1400 cals net? I have to say that since Friday, I've been eating way more than my brain thinks I should be (Steak Sandwich, Burger & Fries, etc.) and haven't been drinking my water. I've been around 1400-1500 cals net and since then, I'm down a few pounds....Obviously I wasn't eating nearly as much as I should have been. Oh geez, looking at Friday, Saturday meals, I think I need to re-evaluate tonight's T-bone.......LOL
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Evening everyone!

It looks like everyone's had a productive and fun weekend.

KCurtis, I am heartbroken over the situation your family is dealing with. I am praying for all of you and the safe return of your neice. I can't wait to hear that that *kitten* (sorry!) is charged with something. He's a parent, yes, but he has no right to deny your sister of her rights as a parent. They'll get him.

Pam, I like the 1300 calories. I didn't log all my calories for yesterday (I had a champagne brunch which I actually stayed on track during - but when I got home, I was a little toasty and just wanted to eat oreos all day). But otherwise I find I'm enjoying the extra bit for the day. I also like it because it gives me room to not have to eat back all my calories if I'm not hungry, as long as I'm netting 1200 a day with workouts. In all honesty, I was hoping it would jump start my metabolism as I seem to be gaining weight (not including yesterday's obvious issues). That hasn't happened yet, but I'm going to give it some time. How are you doing with it?
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    nkster it is pretty amazing how anyone "accidentally" gets pregnant because of the very small window of how it usually happens I agree! One of my oldest and dearest friends who actually did get pregnant and have a baby when we were 15 actually JUST learned (after 3 kids and working on her 4th happily married and successful) that you only release 1 egg (typically) and that it only survives for a very small window. She thought that we release hundreds or thousands of eggs and once a sperm got one egg the others "shut down"....boy was she surprised when I explained to her how it all happens! lol! She really stressed when they were trying for the 4th kiddo. Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

kcurtis my prayers are still with you and your family!

alisa any news this weekend?!

Pam sounds like you had quite the productive weekend! Oh how I wish we had an organic delivery service available around here! That would be amazing....I have to go to 4 different grocery stores and still end up having to order stuff online because they don't carry everything I need. Ahh the joys of living in the midwest! I love the vanilla almond milk. I tried the coconut milk and wasn't impressed. Tasted like a watered down pina colada. I'll stick with the almond milk for sure. They have the chocolate kind that I buy for my husband and have a drink here and there. It is really good as well. With the coconut oil make sure it is raw organic unrefined oil. I absolutely LOVE it! I saute my spinach it 2 tsp and then add 2 scrambled eggs every morning. I also use it to saute chicken. Here is a good article to better understand the health benefits of coconut oil. I only use coconut oil and olive oil for anything.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

Pam I don't want to sound like I'm doing everything right by ANY means but I have to tell you, ever since I've switched to eating clean, low glycemic, no processed foods, no artificial sweeteners, and healthy fats I've never felt better. I truly believe that by changing my diet I've ovulated this month and have a very good suspicion that I might be pregnant! It has taken me YEARS to figure it all out. I'm an emotional eater and I love food. I'm not one of those girls that we all hate that can just eat anything she wants and is thin. I never realized how the connection with food was so strong to PCOS and the ability to have a baby. If I would have known it came down to this, I would have changed my eating habits years ago. It is really hard work...but at the end of the day being healthy and having a baby seems to be all of our goals! It is all a learning experience though.

With PCOS the problem some women have with OPK is that they have consistent positives because of high levels of LH. I suggest these: http://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Digital-Ovulation-Tests-20-Count/dp/B002VLYAOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296439916&sr=8-1

AFM I'm having some pretty strong pregnancy symptoms. I'm still going to test Wednesday. For whatever reason I have peace inside of me this time. I feel like I've given it to God and we weren't even planning for it this month so if I'm not I'm okay with it. Of course I'd be a little bummed, but I'd just press on and go with Plan A which is doing Clomid in Feb.

How about everyone else? Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Heather: I agree that I feel better when I eat clean.....So far I've managed to cut out 90% of processed foods. I buy organic meats when I can because I figure the hormones in non-organic can't be good for someone with hormone imbalances....I haven't stopped all of the artificial sweetners yet (I drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero when I go out, but it's only once a week compared to when I was 18 and drinking 6L a day of Diet Coke that led to an aspartame sensitivity).

I've noticed though that I really struggle with eating enough calories when I eat cleaner - I can't seem to get enough. I told my hubby today I almost have to double up on my portions. I'm going to try that this week. I have a goal of only eating out on Thursday when my sister and I go out to lunch - I feel it's important enough for me to see her that I can "suffer" through it LOL and Subway isn't terrible either.

I checked the coconut oil and it's 100% pure but doesn't say organic or unrefined......Oh well, I'll have to keep looking for that...We'll try it out though and see if I like it....then go for the other kind :)

Anyone else having similar issues?
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Heather: I agree that I feel better when I eat clean.....So far I've managed to cut out 90% of processed foods. I buy organic meats when I can because I figure the hormones in non-organic can't be good for someone with hormone imbalances....I haven't stopped all of the artificial sweetners yet (I drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero when I go out, but it's only once a week compared to when I was 18 and drinking 6L a day of Diet Coke that led to an aspartame sensitivity).

I've noticed though that I really struggle with eating enough calories when I eat cleaner - I can't seem to get enough. I told my hubby today I almost have to double up on my portions. I'm going to try that this week. I have a goal of only eating out on Thursday when my sister and I go out to lunch - I feel it's important enough for me to see her that I can "suffer" through it LOL and Subway isn't terrible either.

I checked the coconut oil and it's 100% pure but doesn't say organic or unrefined......Oh well, I'll have to keep looking for that...We'll try it out though and see if I like it....then go for the other kind :)

Anyone else having similar issues?

http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Virgin-Coconut-15-Ounce/dp/B001EO5Q64/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296441754&sr=8-2

Good stuff! :)
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 1: 237.9lbs (-3.9 lbs)
    Week 2: 235.5lbs (-2.4lbs)
    Week 3: 238.9lbs (+3.5lbs)
    Week 4: 236.2lbs (-2.7lbs)
    Week 5: 238.1lbs (+1.9lbs)

Not much to say for myself....LOL I already set my goals for the week. Now to stick to them and start seeing losses again.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Okay....so I gave in and tested this morning. BFN. I just don't understand how I can have symptoms and test negative?! Oh well...guess I shall test again on Wednesday. Nothing like a BFN when you are convinced you are to make your head swirl! I'm on CD27 so I haven't even missed my period yet. Guess it can never be easy and just get that positive on the first go...

Looking like it is gonna dump some serious snow on us again....Good thing I have groceries and workout dvd's! Hoping the week flies by.
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wished I could have back the money back that I've spent on Ovulation & Pregnancy tests over the past 6 years :bigsmile: LOL!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words of support last week. You're a great group to be a part of.

Nothing huge for me happened this past weekend, but it was nice to have my hubby off work and spend some quality time together. We're wishing and hoping together for 2011 to be our year to start a family. So, I think that my body and "girl-gear" is starting to work again after our loss in August. It's amazing how a few pounds will make your whole body feel better!

Here's wishing all of you a wonderful week and lots of "baby dust" and positive thoughts!

:flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Heather - I'm sorry. Is it maybe too early to test still?

Plumpinky - No kididng. If I'd bought stock in the companies with all the tests I have spent....I'd be RICH! Glad to hear that everything's getting back to normal - sometimes a loss really messes with the systems.

I'm so nauseated right now.......have been since breakfast.....yuck!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just a real quick post before i head to work, i will catch up tonight i promise

Heather I am right there with you, Still BFN for me right now, today WOULD be CD27(i.e 12DPO) for me too (although in reality it is CD58) i'm not going to test again until wednesday morning. One more week for it to come up + on it's own before i start calling DR's freaking out that i've had a 70 day cycle and they need to fix it!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone with the kind words of encouragement regarding my vent about DH! I’m aware that boys don’t need to talk the same way we do, but without some sort of release he just get grouchy the moment a child is mentioned! I guess everyone handles things differently, but as a woman, wife, and friend I just want to make the pain go away for him.

Kah – Kuddos on the positive attitude about your results! It’s so true that when a problem is diagnosed you can at least create a game plan on fixing it! Hope all works well for you next cycle!

Pam – Sorry to hear that even with an extra swim buddy you’re still having scheduling problems for swim class! I think you made up for the classes by painting however! Its a lot of work to paint a ceiling, did you log it?

Heather – Now you’ve got me wanting to try coconut oil! DH and I were just debating yesterday what type of oil to buy because I didn’t want him to get the canola oil. We ended up getting sesame oil but I think I may go back. I bought a Low GI vegetarian cookbook this weekend and thought of you and Pam as I was doing it. As I try the recipes I’ll let you know if there’s anything good.

Plumpinky – glad to hear your weight loss has made you feel better! And here’s some baby dust back at ya!

Alisa – Sorry to hear about your BFN, maybe its still too early? When is it that your husband leaves? Will you potentially O’ again before he goes?

AFM – Welcome cycle 18! AF showed up today two days earlier than it normally would! I think my body likes to change things up a bit just to keep me guessing. So along with temping (which I need to get back into) I’ve decided to try the ovulation tests for the first time this cycle. I also need to make an appointment for an ultrasound to happen between CD 5-10 and then once that’s done we’ll have a full idea of what we’re dealing with here!

As for weight loss, well there hasn’t been any. I had been down to 149.6 on Saturday morning and tried really hard to not have too much sodium yesterday to keep the scale down for my weigh in this morning, but instead it was at 151.4 (but I blame AF for that). So my goals this week are slightly different this week, with the incorporation of the GI diet I plan to exercise portion control. Hopefully in eating low GI foods I will be less hungry between meals and so won’t eat such large portions. I also need to slowly get back to the gym after a week and a half hiatus (my sinus cold is finally gone) so I plan to go twice this week, and lastly I plan on maintaining my 8-10 glasses of water a day!

Sorry this was so long

Ashley,
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Bummer, Ashley. I hope the sonogram can give you a better idea of what's going on.

We're supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow, so I rescheduled my appointment. It's already pretty icy out there. I just think maybe I was supposed to wait another month before hopping on the testing bandwagon. Too much has gotten in the way since I called last week. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

Sorry about the BFNs, Alisa and Heather. Hopefully, it's just too soon.

I hope you feel better, Pam!

I'm not sure how active I'll remain on MFP. I'll keep working out and watching what I eat, but I think I've hit my maintain weight (I'm not getting under it regardless of what I try, so it must be my body's happy weight) and right now my energy is just elsewhere. So if I'm not around, that's why.

I wish you all the best in weight loss and TTC!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies :-) Can I join? Found a referral to here from another TTC lady in another thread.

I'm married with a miss 3 and we have been actively trying for a sibling for her for the last 6 months. I had one miscarriage four months ago at 6.4 weeks, which I think my weight was a contributing factor. I put on 30 kg when pregnant with miss 3 and have never lost it, so I am on here to try to loose that weight and get back into a healthy range to conceive.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    G'morning!
    Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers! He still has her, and now has cut off service to my sister's phone after threatening and disrespecting my family (including my parents). So, he is dead to me! Now we just have to wait for the legal system to work everything out. I'm starting to loose my patience, but really there is nothing we can do at this point. :grumble:

I'm sorry for the BFN, Heather and Alisa. You're not out of the running till AF shows! My fingers are crossed and He does have a plan for all of us.

Ashley~ I'm sorry AF is switching things up! I hope the ultrasound shows something or at least helps get some answers!

Pam~ Girl's night out sounds great! I'm really in need of one, but you girls are the closest friends I have right now. :smile: I'm sorry you are having troubles working out your schedule for swimming (BTW I'm super jealous you have an aqua fit class, I really need to find one around me) Ugh...Painting... I don't miss that at all. I am impressed by your progress! Keep it up! And when you are finished you can come to my house LOL:laugh:

Plumpinky~ Welcome to the group! Dh and I just purchased pre-seed at CVS (U.S.) and actually really enjoyed it. I'm not sure about the effectiveness, nut I guess I'll let you know. LOL

nkster~ I was thinking of downloading What to Expect... for my kindle (iphone) as well. Would you suggest it? When we started this whole TTC journey, I remember thinking the same thing! How do people even get preggo at all!?

KAH~ I really hope you find a happy balance with the meds. Keep the positive attitude.

Erica~ I COMPLETELY understand your "body's happy weight." I have been thinking the same for some time. I hope you the best and stop by every once in a while! :flowerforyou:

History..~ Welcome to the group! I'm very sorry for your loss, but I hope the best in your journey to a new you! We are here to help and support any way you need!:flowerforyou:

AFM~ I just finished a very busy weekend at work with the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago performing and 3 auditions for summer dance programs. I'm glad its over and that I can start getting my weekends back. The house really needs some major organizing and cleaning! Hopefully with the snow on its way (12-20 inches estimated in our area Wed.) I can take my snow-day to get some of the house work done.
    After the little spotting last week that was weird and on and off for only 2 days, I'm really confused with what my body is doing, so I have decided that I will test tomorrow (CD 38 if I don't count the spotting as a new cycle). Of course, I'm hoping for a BFP, but if not, oh well!:ohwell: Just in case, I started using the fertility tester (clear blue easy tester) back when I spotted and set it as a new cycle. So we will see what it comes up with...
    I bombed with food this weekend!! WAY over on Sat and Sun. So it's a new week!

Goals: (yes they are staying the same until I make it a habit!)
    1) drink more water, at least 6-10 classes
    2) exercise 3 times for at least 30 minutes (not including teaching)
    3) Say under calories at least 3 times