*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* : Discussion Week #1

Options
15678911»

Replies

• rshellb
    rshellb Posts: 24
    Options
    Well I don't know how well I am gonna do this week. I have the intentions. I just can't seem to make myself get up and do the exercise part. I am on this emotional roller coaster. I have fallen into the comfort food. If I don't do that I go to sleep. I work 3rd shift so I need to sleep but I find it easier to sleep instead of working out my emotions. I need to snap out of that. I will manage it. I will keep reading all of your posts and get it together. Today is a new day and I will do it!!!:ohwell:

As a fellow third shifter I find it easier to workout when I get up. If I wait till after 10 hours of work I just can't seem to find the motivation. Start with a 10 min walk when you wake up, and go from there. Also working out helps me deal with my stress.

Thank you! I will try to keep that in mind. It is hard and I am not going to make excuses I am just going to do it!!
  • rshellb
    rshellb Posts: 24
    Options
    I am so excited. I just signed up to start belly dancing classes starting next Tuesday! I have always wanted to learn it and I know it is a great excercise. The instructor said you can burn approx 600 calories in an hour class!! Can't wait. I may not do well this week but I am back to thinking straight as of tonight!! Good luck everyone tomorrow on weigh in.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    OK, I used the Google Doc form at https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHRjS1QtVVVndFdrb3NHb0FNSTJXeXc6MQ&theme=0AX42CRMsmRFbUy1iODQwMzFlYi1iZjJhLTRmNmUtODQ0My1iNjJmYTUzNjQ2ZWE&ifq to weigh in this morning (UK time).

The scales had been at exactly the same weight for the last 4 days (I currently weigh daily - this may change), and today I found an almighty JUMP down by lbs. Good for my weigh-in, but it might stagnate the next week!

Krys, are you reposting the spreadsheet link in a new thread for those who haven't seen it? I also think you're FABULOUSLY organised.

PS: Are you a project manager, office manager, director of logistics or something along these lines? If you do something COMPLETELY different and are looking for a job change, that's a direction to explore, whatever the industry of your preference.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    So I peaked at the scale this morning and just had to log it - this is the first time in YEARS that I am below 200 - by only .5 lb, but hey! So here I am doing the happy dance at my desk. Must remember to watch the sodium and drink lots and lots of water!

WOOHOO! I can wait for that to happen to me!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

We I actually was able to maintain this week despite a 3 days of poor eating. I was up and I worked really hard starting Tuesday. I exercised everyday and did pretty good eating wise also. Yesterday was the 1st day this month I stayed under my calories.

Next week I am determined to lose at least 3 or more pounds.

Have a good weekend everyone!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • bhonniered
    Options
    So I peaked at the scale this morning and just had to log it - this is the first time in YEARS that I am below 200 - by only .5 lb, but hey! So here I am doing the happy dance at my desk. Must remember to watch the sodium and drink lots and lots of water!

WOOHOO! I can wait for that to happen to me!

It motivated me to push my exercise even harder! :bigsmile:
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I took today off and went to try the Zumba class at the gym. Not sure that I like it, but will give it a couple more chances. However, I did do the Turbo Kick class and LOVED it. So for the first time in my life I spent 2 solid hours at the gym and most of it exercising!