*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* : Discussion Week #1

Options

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Not feeling too hot today...but trying to push through! I am just really wanting to go home and get my workout on! I think it will make me feel better.... Other than that, I did well on calories yesterday.....I did fruit for breakfast and granola for snack, I think I am going to pop over somewhere and get a salad for lunch and some grilled chicken and veggies for dinner.

Hope eveyone is doing well!

Oh, The Biggest Loser....very good last night, right! I am definitely rooting for the girl that lost 100lbs before she got there. And I love the twin cops...This should be a really good season, and it's Jillian's last :(
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

Did W3D2 of C25K this morning and it was super tough. I think thats because I did spinning yesterday am and my legs are still a little tired. I pushed through though and then moved on to some upper body weights.

I would strongly encourage those of you who have access to weights to start lifting. I find that as I lose weight it really helps change they way my body looks. It helps to take inches off as well which is nice to have a non-weight oriented goal. Anywho I hope everyone is having a great day and keeping up the great work!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Not feeling too hot today...but trying to push through! I am just really wanting to go home and get my workout on! I think it will make me feel better.... Other than that, I did well on calories yesterday.....I did fruit for breakfast and granola for snack, I think I am going to pop over somewhere and get a salad for lunch and some grilled chicken and veggies for dinner.

Hope eveyone is doing well!

Oh, The Biggest Loser....very good last night, right! I am definitely rooting for the girl that lost 100lbs before she got there. And I love the twin cops...This should be a really good season, and it's Jillian's last :(

I know!! I love the BL....I am a little disappointed about how they are doing the "unknowns" we dont event get to see that teams weigh ins!!! I hate that!! I feel like we arent learning anything about them and we are missing out on their journeys!!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I started off this morning great!! I got up and worked out for 80 minutes! I have also discovered an amazing breakfast/snack---great for anyone who looooves donuts!!!--its a Nutrigrain Eggo (low fat) with 1 tbsp Nutella---only 170cals and it is definately just as good as a chocolate covered donut!! I have however been a little stressed since classes start back next week and I will be attempting College Algebra for like the 4th time!! I am a great student with anything except math!! It kills me!! I just never understand it!!!---I am definately freaking out about this class---If i have to drop it this time It will put me a whole year behind in my plans for school!! ahhhh!! I hope the stress doesnt kill my metabolism!! Good Luck today Snowflakes!!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    amandaR910- congrats! are you going to set another goal for yourself since you beat your original?

I'm not sure. I don't feel like I'll be able to get my final goal before September 1st, so I might leave them as is.

Don't worry about it...as long as you get there! That is alllll that matters.

AGREED! Just keep at it! You're doing great!!

RE: Biggest Loser- I definitely teared up watching these people weigh in & tell their stories, especially the green team with the girl who kept losing her pregnancies and her mom (i think it was the same team?) who was crying and apologizing to her. tearjerker. i was actually on the elliptical during this and had tears in my eyes! it made me fight even harder because i don't ever want to go through something like that! how terrible. i feel for all of the contestants! i'm looking forward to seeing their successes this season and to see what's up with these unknown trainers.
    I would strongly encourage those of you who have access to weights to start lifting. I find that as I lose weight it really helps change they way my body looks. It helps to take inches off as well which is nice to have a non-weight oriented goal. Anywho I hope everyone is having a great day and keeping up the great work!!

I agree! Lifting weights, even just within my cardio, have definitely helped me lose major inches along this journey! And it makes you feel good! :)
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing really well. Its so nice to see that as it inspires me to keep on keeping on with this stuff! Congratulations to all those that are losing weight and/or inches!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm about to go to the gym. I might branch out today and do some of the strength training machines. I usually do just the cardio machines because I don't have a lot of time at the gym (a 2 year old, 1 year old, and newborn will do that to you lol). So maybe some circuit machines today.

How do you guys count calories for doing the circuit machines at the gym? Or do you count it as strength training only?

I don't usually eat my exercise calories (unless I'm hungry) so I guess it doesn't really matter.
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So excited to read everyones progress and know that I am not alone!! All of us are taking it one day at a time and doing all we can do to make the right decisions.

I'm very excited today. I just bought myself one of those heart rate meters that also count calories burned. I have a hard time knowing just how many I have burned in alot of the classes I do so I am hoping this will help with that. Giving it a try tomorrow maybe.

Good luck everyone!!
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ugh I got sick during the first week of the challenge! This sucks but I'm not going to let it stop me. If I don't lose as much this week I'm just going to have to put up bigger numbers in the following weeks.

I agree, it's great to be able to read everybody's posts...you guys are so motivating!

I'm in the same boat with the sodium...I eat waaaay too much frozen food and things that may be low in calories, but are ridiculous with sodium. Thanks to everybody who reminds me to to drink more water too. I've implemented a "drinking game" of sorts in which I take a swig of water each time I read a reminder from one of you guys. It's working pretty well so far, haha.

Keep up all the good work everybody! :-D
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started off this morning great!! I got up and worked out for 80 minutes! I have also discovered an amazing breakfast/snack---great for anyone who looooves donuts!!!--its a Nutrigrain Eggo (low fat) with 1 tbsp Nutella---only 170cals and it is definately just as good as a chocolate covered donut!! I have however been a little stressed since classes start back next week and I will be attempting College Algebra for like the 4th time!! I am a great student with anything except math!! It kills me!! I just never understand it!!!---I am definately freaking out about this class---If i have to drop it this time It will put me a whole year behind in my plans for school!! ahhhh!! I hope the stress doesnt kill my metabolism!! Good Luck today Snowflakes!!!

Ha-this is so familiar! That class did put me back about a year, I would say. I had to take two "pre college" algebra courses-and then College Algebra twice! Grr! I hope it goes well for you though! (I am not a math person either-I just don't get it).
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Had a great day, good work out, under on the calories, over on the water!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Overall, my day was good! Work has been incredibly busy and I keep forgetting my lunch but thankfully I've been busy enough that I don't have time to snack or run across the street for a bad, processed lunch. Tonight I went over my calorie goal because of a glass of red wine, but I don't care! It was worth it. If my vice is red wine and not a gallon of ice cream, then I think I'm doing well.

My first weigh-in is Saturday morning, so I'm hoping that I'll see a few pounds gone. Day 3 - all good! :)
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I feel like I did rather well today... I watched what I ate & went for a 2 mile walk + did P90x.... but it's 9pm and I am craving something sweet... I just have to fight the temptation! I'm working way too hard to mess up...
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I hit my February 1st weight goal today!!!

Woohoo! Rock on sista!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I need a good night sleep! But I think I will have to wait for days off for that.

My calfs are killing still from the elliptical I did on Sun and Mon. I took a break from it the last two days to give my legs a break. But it is such a great burn. I wish there was a way to get up early to get a workout in but I already get up at 445 and don't get enough sleep now.

I ended up claiming my gain of 5.6 lbs on my page. I took a peek at the scale this morning and I'm down 1.6 lbs already this week. I'm hoping to be down a little bit more on Friday.

I'm doing better on sodium intake.

Sound like everyone is doing great! ROCK ON!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I feel like I did rather well today... I watched what I ate & went for a 2 mile walk + did P90x.... but it's 9pm and I am craving something sweet... I just have to fight the temptation! I'm working way too hard to mess up...

When I crave something sweet, I chew a piece of tropical trident...or green apples with cinnamon or peanut butter.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work peeps!! You all are rocking!! I have not been doing so good since last week. The last 2 days were OK but the other days were terriable. I peeked at the scale also today and I was up just as I thought. I was up more than I can lose by Friday for sure. So I just hope to get down some more so my gain is not as much as it seems today.

I am glad I am finally getting in the mode. Your posts have helped to motivate me to get going. Keep up the good work!!
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have the snaky- snaky problem at night a lot too. What has helped me is drinking some tea more specific Chickweed tea for some reason it seems to suppress my appetite.
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Up way too late but I wanted to exercise and log food before going to bed. Found the last copy of Wii Zumba in a 50 mile radius...yay! Tried the tutorial for "learning the steps" for 25 minutes of exercise and I will be in for a challenge! I was glad I was learning by myself because I'm afraid it would have looked pretty silly watching me try to learn the steps. It was a good workout however silly I looked!

I maxed out my goal calories for the day but going to bed hungry. I'm going to drink a glass of water and then call it a night. :yawn:
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work peeps!! You all are rocking!! I have not been doing so good since last week. The last 2 days were OK but the other days were terriable. I peeked at the scale also today and I was up just as I thought. I was up more than I can lose by Friday for sure. So I just hope to get down some more so my gain is not as much as it seems today.

I am glad I am finally getting in the mode. Your posts have helped to motivate me to get going. Keep up the good work!!

Stay encouraged! I just read your profile and was very inspired. You clearly are in this for the long haul and your perseverance is an encouragement and inspiration to others.