*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* : Discussion Week #1

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work peeps!! You all are rocking!! I have not been doing so good since last week. The last 2 days were OK but the other days were terriable. I peeked at the scale also today and I was up just as I thought. I was up more than I can lose by Friday for sure. So I just hope to get down some more so my gain is not as much as it seems today.

I am glad I am finally getting in the mode. Your posts have helped to motivate me to get going. Keep up the good work!!

Stay encouraged! I just read your profile and was very inspired. You clearly are in this for the long haul and your perseverance is an encouragement and inspiration to others.

Thanks so much! BTW - I like the quote you have in your signature. That is my thoughts also. I am not giving up -- never! Thanks again!
  • jewels68
    Options
    I can't get the weight ticker to work. What am I doing wrong? Weight is slowly coming off again. It feels good. Just need to pick up the walking again.

Got it....
  • rshellb
    rshellb Posts: 24
    Options
    Well I don't know how well I am gonna do this week. I have the intentions. I just can't seem to make myself get up and do the exercise part. I am on this emotional roller coaster. I have fallen into the comfort food. If I don't do that I go to sleep. I work 3rd shift so I need to sleep but I find it easier to sleep instead of working out my emotions. I need to snap out of that. I will manage it. I will keep reading all of your posts and get it together. Today is a new day and I will do it!!!:ohwell:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    First, a "Yay Me" moment: Before joining MFP on Dec. 20th, I'd lost about 5.5 pounds. Since joining, I'm down, as of this morning, another 4.8 pounds! Why this has me so excited is that just before Thanksgiving, I gave myself the goal to lose 10 pounds by my birthday in February. Well, goal achieved! This is such a good feeling for me in that I haven't been able to lose weight no matter what I did due to hypothyroidism. Could I finally be conquering my thyroid? I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath. I hope so! :happy:

On another note: To anyone who has seen a weight gain lately even though they're eating well and exercising: I noticed that after I went back to the gym and did more intense workouts (as opposed to the walking I had been doing in summer and most of autumn), I had an initial loss and then a gain of 4 pounds in one day!!! That gain stayed with me for about four days and then I woke up one morning down 1 pound, down another pound the next day, etc., and soon I was at my new lowest since logging. That was just after Christmas. Since then, the scale has been nice to me as has my tape measure. I think that the body needs time to adjust. It could be that my muscles were holding on to water since I was working them out like crazy. It could be that I wasn't eating my exercise calories. My body just needed to figure me out since I'd just figuratively slapped it upside the head. After being dazed a bit, it snapped out of it and I feel so on track. So, don't get discouraged if you see an initial gain! If you are exercising and eating healthfully and within your calorie goal, then stick with it!!! Do not let the scale crush your motivation or hold you back. If I can do this, we all can do this!! Good luck to all of us. I'm rooting for each and every one of you!!! :smile:
  • toandme
    Options
    So far my first week is on target. I am working out 4 times a week and tracking my calories. I love the mobile app for my iPod. It makes tracking everything so easy. My mini goal is to loose 10 lbs by my bday which is the first week of Feb. I actually feel like I can do this. Thanks for all the support.
  • toandme
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Thanks for the advise about gaining after starting a workout. People like you keep me motivated.
  • ckbutler
    ckbutler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    *Bump*

1153361.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know how well I am gonna do this week. I have the intentions. I just can't seem to make myself get up and do the exercise part. I am on this emotional roller coaster. I have fallen into the comfort food. If I don't do that I go to sleep. I work 3rd shift so I need to sleep but I find it easier to sleep instead of working out my emotions. I need to snap out of that. I will manage it. I will keep reading all of your posts and get it together. Today is a new day and I will do it!!!:ohwell:

As a fellow third shifter I find it easier to workout when I get up. If I wait till after 10 hours of work I just can't seem to find the motivation. Start with a 10 min walk when you wake up, and go from there. Also working out helps me deal with my stress.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    So I peaked at the scale this morning and just had to log it - this is the first time in YEARS that I am below 200 - by only .5 lb, but hey! So here I am doing the happy dance at my desk. Must remember to watch the sodium and drink lots and lots of water!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! Just so everyone knows...this is the link that you will go to in order to enter your weight tomorrow. Look for your name on the drop down menu and enter your weight.....Also, this will update to a spreadsheet that I will make available to view as well.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHRjS1QtVVVndFdrb3NHb0FNSTJXeXc6MQ#gid=0
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    Wow I just looked at the link and I love how organized you are making this!! I am new and this is my first challenge so I don't know if many others organize the way you are but I love it! I'm so excited to get on that scale tomorrow morning, I feel like I've been doing pretty good this week! Thank you for this challenge!!
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have never tried apples and cinnamon!! I lvoe apples so I am gonna try this :)
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    Options
    What link are you referring to? Just wanting to check it out to.
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    Options
    Off to a great start, work out already, breakfast was under control, and I have my food planned for the rest of the day!! Feeling more and more under control and motivated!! Thanks for all the encouragement I am receiving from reading your posts!! One more day til weigh in!!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    The link that Krystle just posted for where we need to go to weigh in tomorrow, it's posted just before mine or a few before mine if you haven't found it already :)
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    BTW, can anyone tell me how you all do that, when you post a reply to a certain person and it shows their post in blue first and then your reply??? I thought it was just hitting reply on that specific post but that didn't do it, lol.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    How's it going snowflakes?! Well I learned my lesson from last weekend with the new years I drank and ate crapola. I am finally back to the weight that I weighed in with so hopefully I will have a small loss tom. Drinking extra water today I should see something move a little. I also discovered that I weigh more the next day after I strength train(right now I am just doing 30 Day Shred with 1/2 hour of treadmill). So since I would normally do that on Tues and Thurs. I am going to switch them to Mon. and Wed. this way Friday's WI will be better. So, now that I got everything back on track I feel WAY better and less stressed about losing. Can't wait to see what happens next week :)
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    BTW, can anyone tell me how you all do that, when you post a reply to a certain person and it shows their post in blue first and then your reply??? I thought it was just hitting reply on that specific post but that didn't do it, lol.

You hit quote underneath the person's comment.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options

Hit the "Quote" button on their post (it's right next to the reply button) and then write your message after the [ / quote ].

In other news, I was doing so well and then blew it last night with a bad meal that made me go over my calories. I have been under my calories significantly the past few days though so it kind of evens out. Instead of sulking about it, I'm using it as motivation to keep fighting and I'm going to get another great workout in tonight.

Keep fighting!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    What link are you referring to? Just wanting to check it out to.

This is the link for tomorrow....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHRjS1QtVVVndFdrb3NHb0FNSTJXeXc6MQ#gid=0