"MFP Win By Losing!" Pound4Pound Challenge - Support Group

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week?
    Any struggles or triumphs you want to share?
    Any advice to offer or ask for?
  • DawniesLife
    Options

Doing okay here! Getting a little anxious for my weigh in day (Friday) because since I have been working out a bit more I have been in turn eating a bit more, like I am supposed to and I am just hoping that it helps me and doesn't hurt me this week! I guess we will see on Friday!

On the plus side, a few weeks ago, I really had to push myself to be able to jog/run in place for ten minutes on the Wii Fit, but this week I found that I can now push myself through twenty minutes of it nonstop now! I am going to keep at that and then try to go to thirty minutes in the near future! I love when you can really tell you are making progress at something!

How is everyone else?!
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I made it past my halfway point today!!!
    Soooo excited. I have a loooong way to go, but here's a look at what a difference 50 pounds has made:
    50lbs-2-1.jpg

Wow! What an incredible difference! You look fantastic, and like everyone else said, you are literally glowing! Keep it up! That is amazing! So inspirational too!
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in.

Last week's weigh-in: 202
    Current weight: 201.8

I'm getting a little off my 1.5-pound loss/week rate, but I'm hoping it will pick back up again soon. Heck, I'd be happy with 1/2 pound per week right now!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy losing!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Just wanted to check in.

Last week's weigh-in: 202
    Current weight: 201.8

I'm getting a little off my 1.5-pound loss/week rate, but I'm hoping it will pick back up again soon. Heck, I'd be happy with 1/2 pound per week right now!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy losing!
    It's moving in the right direction, so good job! You are sooo close to ONEderland! I'm sure you'll get there in no time at all. :)
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Just did my weekly weigh in about ten minutes ago and lost another 2 pounds! I am now at 193!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Just did my weekly weigh in about ten minutes ago and lost another 2 pounds! I am now at 193!
    AMAZING!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options

had a really bad splurg on Wednesday but it made me feel aweful. So i think there was a lesson learned there. My weight is still on track with my monday weigh in.

I keep changing the nutrient I ahve been tracking right now i am watchign sodium and potassium. I have read a little about both and it seesm that low potassium can be just as bad for high blood pressure as high sodium. I never realized how much sodium I ate....I'm to mak emy own salsa. Anyone have any good suggestions for uping potassium. My spinach yeasterday almost got me to 3500mg. I am considering a siuppliment.

Begain Couch to 5K yesterday...I may have to repert week a couple times before I can move on. But I'm so proud I had enough guts to begin
  • CoryIda
    Options

had a really bad splurg on Wednesday but it made me feel aweful. So i think there was a lesson learned there. My weight is still on track with my monday weigh in.

I keep changing the nutrient I ahve been tracking right now i am watchign sodium and potassium. I have read a little about both and it seesm that low potassium can be just as bad for high blood pressure as high sodium. I never realized how much sodium I ate....I'm to mak emy own salsa. Anyone have any good suggestions for uping potassium. My spinach yeasterday almost got me to 3500mg. I am considering a siuppliment.

Begain Couch to 5K yesterday...I may have to repert week a couple times before I can move on. But I'm so proud I had enough guts to begin
    I have a potassium deficiency and take a supplement in addition to eating lots of bananas, potatoes, spinach, and other high potassium foods.
    Good job learning your lesson from the splurge, and a BIG congrats for starting C25K.
    I made it through 1 session but then my left knee, which is a bit ornery, decided it doesn't like the impact of running so I had to give that up. I'm ok with it, though, since I get a great work out in other ways - Zumba, walking, swimming/water aerobics, stationary bike, elliptical, and my new favorite - the stairmaster. :)
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Hey everyone - if you haven't done so already, can you let me know your starting weight (December 14th or your first weigh-in in January, or both - just let me know which) and your most recent weigh-in? That way I can update the chart.

Thank you!

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, but my last update was 228.4. I am hoping it goes down a bit more, but that was a big loss, so we'll have to wait and see.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Ok, I'm working on the chart now - if you haven't weighed in here or on Facebook, can you let me know now I can update it?

Thanks!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    The chart isn't complete because I don't have some people's most current weight and a couple of people haven't sent me their pledge amount, but I can easily update the chart if you get me that information. Although our actual weights aren't on this chart, they are in my excel spreadsheet to keep track, but the space is limited on here and i didn't want to have to shrink the photo more to fit it in.

Thanks!
    168041_10150145002658833_637923832_7950405_6454101_n.jpg
  • Pink_Hornet
    Options
    Hi sorry i havent weighed in my cw as of last friday which is my weekly weigh in is 162.2:smile: the scale is moving in the right direction.I sent you a pm telling you but i wont forget again :blushing: I will update every friday
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Hi sorry i havent weighed in my cw as of last friday which is my weekly weigh in is 162.2:smile: the scale is moving in the right direction.I sent you a pm telling you but i wont forget again :blushing: I will update every friday
    Thanks! I've gotten a few updates so I will post a new chart this evening when I get home from work. :smile:
  • CoryIda
    Options
    p4pchallenge-chart.jpg
    Any field that is blue indicates that I didn't get an update this week. If I am missing anyone or if you need me to correct anything, just let me know - thanks!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Current weigh-in is a 3 lbs loss! I guess my body finally decided to give back the pound I struggled with last week over those darn chocolate chip cookies! Whoop!

CW: 261 lbs
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Current weigh-in is a 3 lbs loss! I guess my body finally decided to give back the pound I struggled with last week over those darn chocolate chip cookies! Whoop!

CW: 261 lbs
    Woohoo!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 231.5...a loss of 1.5lbs. Almost done with the 230's!!!!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    My current weight is 231.5...a loss of 1.5lbs. Almost done with the 230's!!!!

Yay! I just got out of them last week, and it feels WONDERFUL!
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Stuck at 193 this week. Same as last. :/