*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
How are we feeling after this week's weigh-in? Do you feel like you are getting enough support and motivation from the group? Are there any fitness or nutrition questions that you would like answered? Its an open forum...so feel free to be 100% honest!

Replies

• prani2222
    Options
    hi...
    I joined recently MFP,i am doing power yoga daily for 1 hour,and being in my calorie limit everyday but still i am reducing very few grams of weight only..is there anything particular reason for this?plz do let me know..and my arms getting stout after started doing yoga,hands of all my dresses getting tight for me..do u have any idea y is this happening?

Thanks in advance..
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Still sick:sick: ... Will weight in tomorrow...

Good night!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    hi...
    I joined recently MFP,i am doing power yoga daily for 1 hour,and being in my calorie limit everyday but still i am reducing very few grams of weight only..is there anything particular reason for this?plz do let me know..and my arms getting stout after started doing yoga,hands of all my dresses getting tight for me..do u have any idea y is this happening?

Thanks in advance..

A lot of people fail to realize that yoga builds muscle more than burning a lot of fat. The best advice I can give you is to limit the yoga for now to once or twice a week and do cardio 5 to 6 times a day. Trying walking, jogging, dancing, etc. Anything that is gong to get you sweating and getting your heart rate up. You should see a change then.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ok so I'm a little pissed off today. Got on the scale a couple of times this week..(I know, I know) and noticed that I have gained since last week! Well I figure this...I have been under calories, been working my little booty off in exercise this week...so what the heck?

I figured out three things that are most likely the culprit: I didn't drink enough water this week, I am on Depo-Provera and I don't have a normal TOM indicator but if my memory serves me correct...this is the week it should be making a cameo appearance so I am retaining water, AND I am feeling a little "backed up" (I know a little TMI..but hey, we are family right lol). And to add insult to injury, I added sodium to my diary this morning and looked back at this past week...I was only under my sodium intake twice in the whole week!!! Every other day I was either over or right at the 2500! No bueno! So with all that being said..I am praying for a GREAT loss next week. Stepping up my leafy greens, more water, let aunt flow run her course, and getting rid of the high sodium stuff...opting for more salads at lunch time.

ok that is all...I just had to vent a little. But no problem, I am coming on strong next week...starting today!
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am not happy!!! Last Friday 168.6 and this Friday 169...I have ate within my calories all week (maybe not the best choices but I have done it!!!!) but not worked out as much :0( but that was out of my control!!! Lets hope for more of a loss next week I guess!!!!

Rest of you CONGRATS!!!! :)) Lets keep on losing!!!! We can do this!!!!! :)) Thanks for all your support!!!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Im feeling good :) It's been hard some nights to exercise but I kick myself into gear to get some in. I have been doing pretty well with my food, so that has helped alot.

I couldnt do it without everyones support. Thanks ladies :happy:
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have lost 0.6lbs. My close do feel better and my tummy does not bulge out so much. I did drink 64 ounces of water most days. I think i need to double up my work outs to loose 2 lbs a week. Thats going to be my plan for this coming week.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i'm pissed 2 bc this week i think i gain 0.3lbs. i'm so stressed from school i been getting those bingeing urges; i did not succomb to them but i haven't been moving around alot as i should. FIGHTN BACK :devil:
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am feeling a little discouraged this week. I have exercised and ate like I was supposed to. I guess I am being impatient but I only lost about a pound this week. I have my calories set to lose about 2 lbs a week. What else can I do to boost my weight loss???
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I am so glad to see a loss the week. I would have liked to lose 2 a week, but 1.2 is not so bad. I have been eating so many fruits and veggies. And I haven't had any potato chips since the new year. I have been drinking so much water and my workouts are ridic ! I try not to eat late at night and I do always eat breakfast. I am going to go back and review my food log for the week. I have been logging everything, even if I close my diary and still eat afterwards, I make sure to go back and log it for accuracy.

I'll come back later to see how everyone else is doing. Kris, will the spreadsheet update automatically or is there another link to see the week 3 progress?
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How are we feeling after this week's weigh-in? Do you feel like you are getting enough support and motivation from the group? Are there any fitness or nutrition questions that you would like answered? Its an open forum...so feel free to be 100% honest!

This week could have been better. Sick kids and TOM meant I didn't get much exercise in and wanted to Eat Eat Eat. Thanks to my MFP friends, I avoided binging and didn't go over on the calories too bad. Weighed in this morning at 287.2 same as last Friday. While I didn't lose, at least I didn't gain!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • sstewart36
    Options
    This morning I am 207.2. I am loving this weight lost journey. I was a little scared because I went up mid week but I pulled through. yay
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I had a very off week and didn't do anything that I have been doing so I'm a little leary on my weight loss of 4 lbs. I went from 264 to 260. I'll take it and see what happens this week. I just don't trust 2 big 4 lb weight losses back to back after being at this since July but hey.....weirder things have happened, right?

Great motivation from my S2S family and hope y'all (who are my friends feel the same) I'm here for anyone who needs, wants any additional encouragement :bigsmile:

p.s. I didn't see my name on the spreadsheet this week.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm a little pissed off today. Got on the scale a couple of times this week..(I know, I know) and noticed that I have gained since last week! Well I figure this...I have been under calories, been working my little booty off in exercise this week...so what the heck?

I figured out three things that are most likely the culprit: I didn't drink enough water this week, I am on Depo-Provera and I don't have a normal TOM indicator but if my memory serves me correct...this is the week it should be making a cameo appearance so I am retaining water, AND I am feeling a little "backed up" (I know a little TMI..but hey, we are family right lol). And to add insult to injury, I added sodium to my diary this morning and looked back at this past week...I was only under my sodium intake twice in the whole week!!! Every other day I was either over or right at the 2500! No bueno! So with all that being said..I am praying for a GREAT loss next week. Stepping up my leafy greens, more water, let aunt flow run her course, and getting rid of the high sodium stuff...opting for more salads at lunch time.

ok that is all...I just had to vent a little. But no problem, I am coming on strong next week...starting today!

It's crazy how quickly you can rack up some SERIOUS sodium numbers!! Sometimes I make food decisions based on my sodium number more than my calories! But the best thing about water weight is that it WILL be gone. Watch your sodium intake carefully, try to cut back on processed foods and you'll be feeling better in a couple days! I'm living proof of that! I gained two pounds of water weight this week putting me at 206 most of the week (too much sodium + TOM!). When I just watched my sodium and drank a TON of water, I watched my weight plummet to 201.2 over the course of 3 days.

Just don't get discouraged! :smile:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I've been having a rough time :( I've decided to work on my eating habits first and hold off on exercising because I find myself overwhelmed. Recovery is hard and while I want to lose weight as much as possible, I won't get anywhere when I feel like a failure every single day which just leads me to binging. Weigh in day is not pretty today :/

On a brighter note because positivity needs to be more prominent if I'm going to recover from this crappy disorder, I am figuring out I'm carb sensitive. I just want carbs carbs carbs when I binge. It's triggered by anxiety, but the carbs just keep me going. Therefore, I'm monitoring my carbohydrate intake and increasing my protein and healthy fats. Yesterday I went shopping and I have many fresh veggies to cut. Now I just need to find an easy sour cream and chicken recipe to use
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am feeling GREAT about my 3 lb loss this week. I was under my calories all week, got in 5 or 6 solid work outs and drank a ton of water, so I'm glad to see my effort show up on the scale. I can't WAIT to be under 200 (only 1.4 lbs away!!!).

To everyone who's feeling disappointed and/or discouraged: You are all doing great. The fact that you are still committed to this means that you will meet your goals. Just take it one day at a time. Get in your workouts, track all your food and you'll get there eventually. Just think about where you'll be in June. One lb or 0.5 lb loss don't seem like much when you're working hard, but they ADD UP!! You've freed yourself from weight that would have just stayed with you if you hadn't done anything about it.

Keep it up everyone! WE CAN DO THIS! :smile:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I upped my calories from 1200 a day to 1300 (bringing it to a estimated 1.8 loss a week instead of 2 but I know my body needs more calories). I also donated blood this week so I missed 2 workouts because I felt weak. To top it all off TOM is visiting LOL. So my 1lb loss was very HAPPY to me! I am actually really excited for next weigh in because all these factors will be gone and it should be an AWESOME weigh in. FINGERS CROSSED! I would love to see 220s next weigh in. Im at 234 so maybe pretty close. 228 is my lowest adult weight of record so that in its self will be a very happy day for me.

For those of you who have had a 2lb loss or higher, what works for you?
  • forgiven4life
    Options

You could also be retaining water due to the high intensity workouts you do. I always retain water when I exercise. Hopefully next week will be a huge loss for you! You're still doing a great job, so keep it up!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a 1 lb weight loss this week which puts me at 255 - I'm happy with that, but still working out the kinks. The first week I worked out every night for approximately 30 minutes and was within my calories (no less than 1200) even though I get like 1340 plus workout calories, which I don't typically eat all back. that is what seems to be working for me as this week I did not get to work out as much and did not see as big of a loss, but a loss none the less...I was reflecting at how it just seems so surreal some days that I am actually doing this. Weekends are not always kind to me (or vice-a-versa), so I think it is great that we weigh on Fridays!!

I hope everyone is feeling good and lets all pray for springtime!!! (I'm so tired of winter driving and that stresses me out!!)
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did actually lose this week. Not as much as I would have liked-but since I have consistantly been gaining (I don't know why!!) then I will take the pound. I do feel that I am gaining because of my increase in exercise and lack of water intake. I just can't seem to make myself drink enough. Anyway-what worked for me this week....paying more attention to calorie intake. What didn't work-too much sodium and not enough water.

Next weeks focus: 8 glasses of water a day and more exercise!