*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well my monthly visitor showed up, and I am achy all over. UGH. Still made it to zumba and plan on doing 30 min of something in the morning when I get off of work.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Well my monthly visitor showed up, and I am achy all over. UGH. Still made it to zumba and plan on doing 30 min of something in the morning when I get off of work.

I hear ya sister! Mine showed up last night after my workout. Talk about a reward! HA!
    I peeked at the scale this morning and I am UP almost 3 lbs! That is so discouraging. I know it is probably just TOM water retention and also water retention from my workouts. But it really makes me not want to workout if this is how my body reacts to it. I know I should just power through and it will eventually let it go, but come on. For those of you who do work out consistently, did you notice an initial retention of water when you first started and how long did it take to go away?
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Snowflakes!!! It sounds like everyone is doing wonderful and have put their goals and plans in place for the week. I did 40 min. aerobics in the a.m. and went to the gym last night for my ZUMBA class. I was very tired but, pushed through it with all that I had. I have ZUMBA on Wed, & Thurs and I plan on going to a cardio sculpting class Tonight and Sat!! I am also trying to do Leslie Sansone Walk DVD'S with 2 lb weight gloves each day for 40 min., or the Biggest Loser Power Walk!!! My goal is to work out 100 min. per day!!!! And of course stick to my 1200 calories per day. I have upped my Fiber to 30 and lowered my sodium to 1500 about 3 weeks ago and it does seem to be helping! Best of luck to everyone this week! Let's kick some butt!!!! LITERALLY!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Had a bad week end just felt blah. Not sure what was wrong. Did not keep track of my food at all and also did not work out, and I cant afford to do this to myself anymore. I just got of the Elliptical for 60 and feel better.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I rocked it in the gym today. I can't wait to weigh in on Friday. So its only Tuesday, what do you guys need to do to make sure you get a good loss this week? Eat more fruits and veggies? Drink more water? Turn up the intensity on your workouts?
    Let's do it!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Recipe for my dinner tonight:

8 servings | Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 5 1/2

Ingredients

1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce

1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained

3 tablespoons cider vinegar

2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika

1 tablespoon tomato paste

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons dry mustard

1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat

1 small onion, finely chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

Preparation

Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.

Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.

Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.

Nutrition
    Per serving:

184 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 68 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 1 g fiber; 257 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (19% daily value), Vitamin A & Vitamin C (15% dv).

I am going to pair this with broccoli and a caesar salad. I will bake some french fries for the boys.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Yeesh! I have been running around all day with doctor's appointments for me and my son. So I didn't eat breakfast :( Which is a rarity for me! And no exercise as of yet. But once I get home from this last appointment I will be taking a little nap and getting busy with the exercise. No time to play around with the weight loss. I do realize that my week goes by so much quicker when I know I have weigh-in on Friday!

I am extremely excited about putting in the work today.

I want everyone to stay positive and stay strong. Last week is last week and this is a new week and a great opportunity to kick butt and get better at this everyday!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find a workout routine that works for me and will help me lose more weight this week and weeks ahead. Can everyone give me some input about this routine:

Week 1: 30 day Shred; Mon, Wed, Fri
    P90X Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X; Tues
    P90X Legs & Back & Ab Ripper X; Thurs
    Week 2: Walk briskly on treadmill for approx 30 mins per day (including inclines)

And I would switch back and forth between the 2 weeks.

Any input would be great. :)
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Excited to go to the gym after work. Strength training then Water Spin Class. I have to get back on track. I love my son and he did go to the gym with me twice while he was visiting, but we stayed up late and Mom had to bake cookies to go back with him.....I know my weight gain was due to sodium. Making sure I drink my water this week and track my food. Good luck to everyone.
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Are you friends with Wittrusty? She put up an elliptical routine that is awesome!!! Will surely pick up the pace!! you push it as hard as you can. Its great!!
  • genidanielle
    Options
    Feeling good about today! Ya'll are such good inspiration!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Snowflakes :) I did miss my morning routine today but I made up for it tonight!! I had breakfast and went to class then to the library to get homework done :) I came home and after lunch I worked out!! 40 minutes of Zumba and 30 minutes of Biggest Loser cardio max!!! Plus I am drinking LOTS of water!!! Already up to 112 oz today :) i think thats a record for me LOL :laugh: So i think this week will be my true test!! I have been working out like crazy and watching what i eat so if i dont lose anything this week i think i just need to give up!! With this biggest loser dvd my legs have been killing me and i have been sweating so much my shirt is wet!! Plus I am drinking more water than usual....so if i stay the same this week i just need to give up because obviously my body is not letting me lose weight!! I really cant take busting my butt working out and counting calories to see 162 for the third week in a row:grumble: Hopefully All of my work will pay off!! Good luck ladies!!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    So i think this week will be my true test!! I have been working out like crazy and watching what i eat so if i dont lose anything this week i think i just need to give up!! With this biggest loser dvd my legs have been killing me and i have been sweating so much my shirt is wet!! Plus I am drinking more water than usual....so if i stay the same this week i just need to give up because obviously my body is not letting me lose weight!! I really cant take busting my butt working out and counting calories to see 162 for the third week in a row:grumble: Hopefully All of my work will pay off!! Good luck ladies!!
    [/quote

Don't think like that! You may not show a loss this week either because those sore muscles are full of fluids that weigh a bunch. Just commit to 6 weeks no matter what. You can do anything for 6 weeks, and I promise you will see results during that time that will make you very happy.
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I made chocolate chip cookies for my daughter and tried so hard to resist, but ended up eating one, anyway. I am mad at myself for no will power. Well, thats a good reason to get on my elliptical in the morning. I guess it could have been worse, I could have had a handful of cookies instead of just one!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    I made chocolate chip cookies for my daughter and tried so hard to resist, but ended up eating one, anyway. I am mad at myself for no will power. Well, thats a good reason to get on my elliptical in the morning. I guess it could have been worse, I could have had a handful of cookies instead of just one!

One cookie isn't a big deal. Don't beat yourself up over it :) You had self control for only having one :drinker:
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Did day 3 of 30 day shred today, plus some of Walk Away the Pounds. Seems like it's helping :) We shall see...
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Are you friends with Wittrusty? She put up an elliptical routine that is awesome!!! Will surely pick up the pace!! you push it as hard as you can. Its great!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153624-killer-elliptical-workout

Here it is!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 3" total in the past 2 weeks!! :smile: A half inch off of everywhere! I'm so excited!!

WOOHOO!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I am trying to find a workout routine that works for me and will help me lose more weight this week and weeks ahead. Can everyone give me some input about this routine:

Week 1: 30 day Shred; Mon, Wed, Fri
    P90X Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X; Tues
    P90X Legs & Back & Ab Ripper X; Thurs
    Week 2: Walk briskly on treadmill for approx 30 mins per day (including inclines)

And I would switch back and forth between the 2 weeks.

Any input would be great. :)

It sounds like a great plan! Are you resting on the weekends? Make sure to keep calories at bay on the weekend, since you will not have any exercise calories to fall back on. The weekends seem to be harder for me, so I try to workout harder. But that's just me. Good luck with your plan. It seems like this will keep your body guessing instead of falling into a routine.