*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Eyesee aka Aislin is amazing! Cannot thank you enough for making this spreadsheet! Makes everything so much easier lol. So I have realized that my body also needed to rest. I took a 4 hour nap today and am ready to go back to sleep. Gotta listen to your body when it tells you to relax and rejuvenate.

Looking forward to a good week...keeping focused and going to be strong. Goals for the week:

1) Lots of water
    2) Keeping exercise consistent (Zumba Cardio Party, Sculpt and Tone, and Flat Abs DVDs and 30 Day Shred all week in the morning)
    3) Watch sodium intake
    4) Lots of fruits and veggies (Increasing salads for this week especially)
    5) Stay off the scale and keep it positive!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So basically took a week off...did not watch my calories too closely and only exercised three times....but it could have been worse. Had a great time with my son.

CW 179.9
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope everyone else who expected to see a nice drop for Friday's weigh-in but didn't is having the same positive experience I am having (and hoping to keep having!) I only saw a 0.6 pound change from week 2 to week 3, but have lost almost 3 pounds over the weekend! I guess I was retaining water, and who knows what else. I changed my calorie goal to a 1.5 pound loss per week, and have stayed under that every day.
    My goal is to stick with the exercise which is getting harder to do. I so want to be lazy and skip the sweat. I really admire so many of you who do 60+ minutes of exercise every day. I fight to make myself do 40 minutes 5-6 days a week. I just don't enjoy it, no matter what I do. I am trying a new motivation this week though. I'm giving it to God as a sacrifice, because He wants me fit and healthy, and so I do this for Him, and then it isn't about me anymore. I hope this keeps me motivated.
    I entered today's weight in my "check-in" because I need to see the ticker changing. Here's to a great week with losses all around!:laugh:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope everyone else who expected to see a nice drop for Friday's weigh-in but didn't is having the same positive experience I am having (and hoping to keep having!) I only saw a 0.6 pound change from week 2 to week 3, but have lost almost 3 pounds over the weekend! I guess I was retaining water, and who knows what else. I changed my calorie goal to a 1.5 pound loss per week, and have stayed under that every day.
    My goal is to stick with the exercise which is getting harder to do. I so want to be lazy and skip the sweat. I really admire so many of you who do 60+ minutes of exercise every day. I fight to make myself do 40 minutes 5-6 days a week. I just don't enjoy it, no matter what I do. I am trying a new motivation this week though. I'm giving it to God as a sacrifice, because He wants me fit and healthy, and so I do this for Him, and then it isn't about me anymore. I hope this keeps me motivated.
    I entered today's weight in my "check-in" because I need to see the ticker changing. Here's to a great week with losses all around!:laugh:

That is such an awesome way to look at it! Give it to him...let him guide you and give you the strength to press on and stay motivated. You just have to find something that works for you.....that was like me with Zumba...it works for me and its fun for me...so it makes it so much easier to do each day! Press on girl.... "You can do all things through Christ, who strengthens you" :heart:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning Snowflakes! How are we feeling this week? I am going to be chugging this water like it's nobody's business, and getting a full week of 30 Day Shred in...I am taking a leap of faith and skipping to Level 2...Level 1 was getting boring for me. And then doing Zumba at night. Hoping to reduce the sodium intake and up the fiber. Lots of salads this week for me. Hoping to see a big loss this Friday...and hoping that it was water retention.

Let's have at it and work hard this week!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Snowflakes :) Good Morning!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Only 5 days til weigh in!! (I love thinking about it this way because it makes my week fly by LOL) I am so proud of myself this morning!! I did day #2 of Biggest Loser cardio max!! My legs are killing me and i didnt think i would be able to do it but i pushed through it!! WOOT WOOT!!! I would not have done that 3 months ago :) Three months ago i would have used the pain in my legs as an excuse to take a couple of days off and then not think twice about working out again!! I owe it all to MFP for the inspiration!!! and I must say all of you guys are keeping me more on track than ever!! Last night I did however have a piece of cake for my dad's birthday but i still didnt go over cals :) My goals for the week are:
    1) Biggest Loser Cardio Max (5 days) , Zumba 40 mins everyday
    2) Drink lots and lots of water
    3) Try not to go over 1300 cals everyday!!!

Good Luck Ladies :happy:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm so pumped for this week. I'm hoping for a solid 2+ lbs loss to help me meet my 2/1/11 goal of 199 well ahead of schedule. I've got 6 more weeks before my birthday and I am DEFINITELY going to be wearing size 12 jeans when I turn 25!! March 1, 2011: the day I got back into my size 12, look at how great my butt looks in these jeans, jeans. :smile:

I hope everyone did well over the weekend and is pumped and reading to do it this week!!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Well I totally goofed and didn't post my weight on Friday :embarassed:

However, I have posted it now based on my weight that day.

Today is my rest day, but right back at it tomorrow Level 2 of 30 Day Shred and at least 30 minutes of either Tae Bo or one of the exercise videos from Netflix for a total of 1 hour per day! Lots and lots of water and watching the sodium!

Good Luck Snowflakes!
  • mah1120
    mah1120 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Posted in the wrong thread AGAIN! Ok so I feel pretty good. I've been doing Just Dance 2 and MJ Experience and tracking my food with MFP. I love this. My stats are below:

MFP Starting Weight: 235:angry:

Challenge SW (1/1/2011): 232:grumble:
    Weight at 1/8/2011: 225
    Weight at 1/15/2011: 223
    Weight today!: 220

Awesome :happy:
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I am feeling super motivated this week! Woke up and did Zumba! Only 20 minutes-but honestly-this is the first time I was able to do the 20 minutes! I am working myself up-and I like that:) It also helps increase my water...as I had to have two glasses alone just from doing that!

Plans for the week:
    Mon, Wed, Thur- Zumba
    Tues, Fri, Sat- Wii Fit Plus
    (Sunday is my rest day)
    Water Water Water Water-Still trying this one-can't seem to get my recommended daily amount consistantly.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    wow mah, you're weight loss is great!

yellowfairy, we have a lot in common with the zumba and water intake! keep up the good work!

Krys, I have been shredding for the last 2 weeks and I feel like I'm getting stronger and have more endurance!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    bump
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Glad to see that lots of people are doing great with their weight loss! For those of us who maintained this week its time to turn up the intensity! (such as me lol)

My plan is to do 30 days of some sort of exercise each day to get myself into a habit of it.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    sorry guys i haven't been on here since the last time i posted....i've stayed the same weight which is 177 ibs...but im doing things differently now...

today i started the SPECIAL K CHALLENGE in which in 2 weeks i'm suppose to lose UP TO 6 ibs
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sad about only losing a 1/2 pound this week.
    But I haven't been drinking a lot of water at all (although I feel like I am...). Too much juice and such. The tea wouldn't be so bad if I skipped the honey, but I just can't do that. :wink:
    Since I hurt my back, I haven't been able to work out, nor will I be able to for a little while, so I really gotta watch the food this week.
    It's going to be nice tomorrow though, so I should get outside for a walk!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Bump
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 3" total in the past 2 weeks!! :smile: A half inch off of everywhere! I'm so excited!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that lots of people are doing great with their weight loss! For those of us who maintained this week its time to turn up the intensity! (such as me lol)

My plan is to do 30 days of some sort of exercise each day to get myself into a habit of it.

Excellent Glitter! You can do it....:-) 30 min of exercise each day should help for sure!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sad about only losing a 1/2 pound this week.
    But I haven't been drinking a lot of water at all (although I feel like I am...). Too much juice and such. The tea wouldn't be so bad if I skipped the honey, but I just can't do that. :wink:
    Since I hurt my back, I haven't been able to work out, nor will I be able to for a little while, so I really gotta watch the food this week.
    It's going to be nice tomorrow though, so I should get outside for a walk!

A half a pound lost is better than a gain! Keep up the good work!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX (ACHIEVED)
    -SELF WORKOUT (NOT ACHIEVED)

my first day of FINALLY doing the cardio kickbox and for a 30 min workout i burned 105 calories...SWEATED LIKE CRAZY towards the end....UNFORTUNATELY though i didn't make it to the self workout...

TODAY after i go to sleep and wakeup this is what my day looks like:

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1

BONUS: (IF I HAVE TIME)
    SELF WORKOUT