*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    I am feeling ok. I was sick this past week, didn't exercise and the dreaded curse hit me today of all days. I didn't gain any weight so to me that is huge. I always gain when it comes around. So next week I expect a bigger loss than I have been getting. I am starting my exercising again today since I feel almost all the way back to myself.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It seems like this was a hard week for a lot of people. But we all have to remember: We didn't sign up for this challenge thinking it would be easy!!! We can do this. We'll all have good weeks and bad weeks, but no matter where we are at the end of this challenge, I hope every single person sticks with it. No matter if you lose 2 lbs or 80 lbs, that will still be a step in the right direction.

It's really hard in practice, but it is actually pretty simple. If you watch your calories and you get in your workouts, you WILL see results. In the words of Sarah Palin, "Don't retreat! Reload!" LOL.

Just know that we will all be here to support everyone in this group until the very end. Take it one day at a time and we'll get there. :smile:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I posted this in week #2 discussion thread ..my bad

my results this week:
    I've gained 5lbs :( I know it do to eating (my calories) on maintenance, not exericising much, and TOM paid me a visit...
    I am trying to get my eating under control, especially during TOM, but it's so hard..

What do you do when TOM visits and you want to eat everything in site??? I am constantly hungry. it feels like my sugar levels drop and i get very shaky...this has been happening since my aunt flow started. I eat a great b-fast (regular quick cooked oatmeal with 2oz of 2% milk and some flex seeds) and two hours later I am starving. Help!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I dropped 1lb. I fought for that pound that is for sure, with my TOM this week and retaining a lot of water. I think a lot of us are in the same boat, gaining, maintaining or only seeing 1-2lbs loss, but that's okay!! I think it's a process and next week we are going to see bigger numbers :)

Don't be hard on yourself, your eating really well, and exercising! That's what your body wants :)
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated myself... I worked my tail off and gained nearly a pound this week. I am not sure why either. I have been well within my calorie goal, usually 1200 to 1500 calories eaten and then usually 500 to 1000 burnt off with exercise. I am lifting weights so I'm wondering if maybe it is a muscle gain? My clothes seem to be fitting a little looser around the waist. I have been drinking a ton of water--8 to 12 glasses a day. Not sure what I can do differently.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    It seems like this was a hard week for a lot of people. But we all have to remember: We didn't sign up for this challenge thinking it would be easy!!! We can do this. We'll all have good weeks and bad weeks, but no matter where we are at the end of this challenge, I hope every single person sticks with it. No matter if you lose 2 lbs or 80 lbs, that will still be a step in the right direction.

It's really hard in practice, but it is actually pretty simple. If you watch your calories and you get in your workouts, you WILL see results. In the words of Sarah Palin, "Don't retreat! Reload!" LOL.

Just know that we will all be here to support everyone in this group until the very end. Take it one day at a time and we'll get there. :smile:

Well said. LIKE button hit!!
  • mah1120
    mah1120 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Down 2 pounds. So that's 223. Cool!
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well, I have read each of the posts so far, and i must say I couldnt agree with WHITTRUSTY more!! I tell myself your same words each time I go to work out and am just mentally and phyiscally exhausted afterwards!! I didn't sign up for this because it was going to be easy!! Each time I want to complain about having to do one more push up, sit up, jumping jack, or whatever, I remind myself that it was one more cookie that got me here!!

This week i have really pushed myself and I am really seeing the results!! I lost 3 lbs!! That is more then I have ever lost in one week. I am dedicated to sticking with this and making this a way of life for me from now on!!!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your comments, no matter if your up or down, your words encourage and strengthen all of us because we know that we are not alone!!
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article that stated that lack of sleep plays a big part in weight loss!! I have been researching fitness watches and some of the more expensive ones even tell you how many hours of good sleep you got in the night before. Something to think about!!
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Oh how I love this group.
    SW: 211.8
    W2: 209.2
    W3: 206.4

I have found I lose weight best when I:

1. Avoid artificial sweeteners (don't eat anything w/splenda, nutrasweet, etc.)
    2. Avoid diet pop (soda)
    3. Drink nothing but water
    4. Make sure my calorie intake is from a good mix of protein/veggies/fruits/carbs - if I am still in my calorie range, but a big % are from "breads" - I don't lose as much
    5. Homemade soup works well for me for some reason...
    6. Cardio with intervals (ie: walk @ 3.5 for 2 min, jog @ 5.0 for 2min for a 30 minute period... or on Treadmill @ 3.5-4.0 increase incline every 60 seconds, then once hit top incline, decrease it every 60 seconds).

Hope that helps. Great work all, keep at it! Hugs, Amy

Thanks for your suggestions and congratulations on your weightloss. I pretty much flat-lined this week but I know my eating is much improved and my exercise is coming around so I will just be patient! One of my goals is to get off my blood pressure medication. I ran out two days ago and checking my BP w/o meds. Day 2 and I'm hanging in there. I'll keep checking my BP each morning but for now I'm off. (I did check w/my pharmacist to make sure this was a med I could stop/start without any other side effects.)

Based on your suggestions, I am going to up the water this week and keep cutting back on the artificial sweeteners.
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I wonder about something. I know they say if women live together often their TOM tend to adjust and get in sync. As I read so many of these posts I'm starting to wonder if it can happen through a challenge group on a message board? :noway: Getting ready to start....:blushing:
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I posted this in week #2 discussion thread ..my bad

my results this week:
    I've gained 5lbs :( I know it do to eating (my calories) on maintenance, not exericising much, and TOM paid me a visit...
    I am trying to get my eating under control, especially during TOM, but it's so hard..

What do you do when TOM visits and you want to eat everything in site??? I am constantly hungry. it feels like my sugar levels drop and i get very shaky...this has been happening since my aunt flow started. I eat a great b-fast (regular quick cooked oatmeal with 2oz of 2% milk and some flex seeds) and two hours later I am starving. Help!

Try cutting the carbs during that time. Lean protein, good fats, fruits and veggies only for 4 days, no breads, rice, cereals. For some reason once you eat grains, your body just wants more and more. If you know when it will come, start the day before with the no grains diet and see if it helps. Make sure you get extra iron and a supplement for the B vitamins to rebuild blood cells.

I am frustrated this week, like so many have posted, that while doing everything "right", I lost less than a pound. I know retention of both types is part of it, but I need some positive reinforcement from that scale!

I'm also at that point that I've gotten to other times during "health-kicks" where the diet is getting easier, but exercising is getting harder. I can say no to food I used to be powerless against, I can cook and really enjoy healthy foods, and many days I just don't have the appetite to eat all of my allotted calories. Unfortunately, I make excuses to avoid my Y class, to shorten my time on the Kinect Personal Trainer, and to skip yoga all-together. So far I've mostly kept myself on goal, but it's getting harder. I really don't like exercise, and while I know I need to do it for the rest of my life, it exhausts me just to think about. I do feel better generally after a good work-out, but that is more of a satisfaction at having done it than an actual physical uplift. I have never felt "runner's high" or pleased about DOMS. I just don't care for it. I am completely uncoordinated, so don't recommend Zumba or another dance based program, that's not an option. I like variety, so that's why I go to this particular Y class and use the Kinect "Your Shape" program, but even with that, I feel like it's getting harder and harder to just get my butt up and moving.

I don't expect any magic answer, I just needed to say it. I find if I write it here, I feel accountable to everyone. I am in this challenge to get to my goal, to get healthy, and to stay there. So as much as I don't want to get up at 5:15 most mornings, I will do it, and maybe I will like it someday.
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Today has been sort of a monumental day. 1st, it was our S2S weigh in day and I have to say i was super happy to have lost 4 lbs. Also, it was really the 1st day that I really noticed and that OTHERS really noticed my weight loss- like all of the sudden it became visible. I had taken today off from work but went in quickly this morning because today was also the beginning and offiial weigh in for my company's biggest loser competition... I weighed in and raced to the gym where I RAN (well jogged actually) on a treadmill, which I haven't done in easily 2-3 years. The biggest problem: I feel kinda blah about it... I really hope it's just PMS or something but I just feel kinda bluesy about everything right now and I really hope I can fix that soon. I know I can only benefit by losing weight and feeling healthy so I want to continue but it's definitely more difficult when you're just not getting that super endorphin rush... in fact, just the opposite... boo :ohwell:
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    Today has been sort of a monumental day. 1st, it was our S2S weigh in day and I have to say i was super happy to have lost 4 lbs. Also, it was really the 1st day that I really noticed and that OTHERS really noticed my weight loss- like all of the sudden it became visible. I had taken today off from work but went in quickly this morning because today was also the beginning and offiial weigh in for my company's biggest loser competition... I weighed in and raced to the gym where I RAN (well jogged actually) on a treadmill, which I haven't done in easily 2-3 years. The biggest problem: I feel kinda blah about it... I really hope it's just PMS or something but I just feel kinda bluesy about everything right now and I really hope I can fix that soon. I know I can only benefit by losing weight and feeling healthy so I want to continue but it's definitely more difficult when you're just not getting that super endorphin rush... in fact, just the opposite... boo :ohwell:
    That is so cool that others have noticed your hard work!! Keep it up...and congrats on the running!
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    I've been having a rough time :( I've decided to work on my eating habits first and hold off on exercising because I find myself overwhelmed. Recovery is hard and while I want to lose weight as much as possible, I won't get anywhere when I feel like a failure every single day which just leads me to binging. Weigh in day is not pretty today :/

On a brighter note because positivity needs to be more prominent if I'm going to recover from this crappy disorder, I am figuring out I'm carb sensitive. I just want carbs carbs carbs when I binge. It's triggered by anxiety, but the carbs just keep me going. Therefore, I'm monitoring my carbohydrate intake and increasing my protein and healthy fats. Yesterday I went shopping and I have many fresh veggies to cut. Now I just need to find an easy sour cream and chicken recipe to use

Healthy, what can we do for you? Are you getting enough of the right kinds of foods? Are you drinking any water? How can we help you??
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Well there was some good news for me today...I went to the mall to find an outfit for tomorrow night (celebrating my bday with my girlfriends) and went to Torrid (love their clothes, but will be so glad to not pay double the price because I weigh more) And all of my jeans are 20 and 22's I knew that they had been getting too big, but I refuse to by more clothes...only to lose more weight! And the sales girl brought me a size 18...and they fit! With room in the waist! Woooooooo! I was so happy! All I could think about was I am only 4 sizes away from my goal of a 10 and by the end of the challenge...I could be there!

So it goes to show that inches make a huge difference, although the number on the scale can be mentally gratifying its good to know that my hard work is paying off and it will soon with the numbers as well!

So ladies! Like I always say...let's freaking DO THIS! We have 4 and a half months (18 weeks to get there)! Turn it up, keep it positive and stay focused on our goal.
  • LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sw: 207
    Cw: 204.8

This week wasn't my best. I started a new semester and I wasn't able to exercise as much as I should have, so I need to make out a daily routein that fits my schedule. At least I didn't gain :)
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well there was some good news for me today...I went to the mall to find an outfit for tomorrow night (celebrating my bday with my girlfriends) and went to Torrid (love their clothes, but will be so glad to not pay double the price because I weigh more) And all of my jeans are 20 and 22's I knew that they had been getting too big, but I refuse to by more clothes...only to lose more weight! And the sales girl brought me a size 18...and they fit! With room in the waist! Woooooooo! I was so happy! All I could think about was I am only 4 sizes away from my goal of a 10 and by the end of the challenge...I could be there!

So it goes to show that inches make a huge difference, although the number on the scale can be mentally gratifying its good to know that my hard work is paying off and it will soon with the numbers as well!

So ladies! Like I always say...let's freaking DO THIS! We have 4 and a half months (18 weeks to get there)! Turn it up, keep it positive and stay focused on our goal.

Congrats!! That is awesome! I am so ready to be able to go into a regular store and buy clothes.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    yes i think this group provides great support! i'm so happy to be a part of it! what is the link to the weigh in?
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Krystle! Maybe we should put our measurements too. I am so looking forward to the day my pants are loose in the waist!!