*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Arggh! I hate scales. :explode: Yesterday for weigh-in it read 176.4, down only 0.6 in a week. :grumble: Today, after a perfectly normal day yesterday, it reads 175.5, down 0.9 in 26 hours! :huh: Where is the justice! Well, I guess I can hope for a big loss going into week four.

You'll be FINE -- the next weigh-in will just be benefiting from those pesky fluctuations!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well there was some good news for me today...I went to the mall to find an outfit for tomorrow night (celebrating my bday with my girlfriends) and went to Torrid (love their clothes, but will be so glad to not pay double the price because I weigh more) And all of my jeans are 20 and 22's I knew that they had been getting too big, but I refuse to by more clothes...only to lose more weight! And the sales girl brought me a size 18...and they fit! With room in the waist! Woooooooo! I was so happy! All I could think about was I am only 4 sizes away from my goal of a 10 and by the end of the challenge...I could be there!

That's awesome, isn't it? I am starting to wear a hand-me-down pair of jeans -- real denim -- from a friend who wore it when she was heavier. My regular ones either fall off or need a belt, including a pair I couldn't close when I bought it!

And have a GREAT birthday!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Well at least I will be able to log hours of dancing I am going to do tonight. I am making sure I don't drink any alcohol, and I am going to be good at dinner. I have eaten really light today in preparation for tonight's festivities! No worries about a scale, or working out today...just celebrating the beginning of me loving me with good friends, good food, and lots of dancing!

In fact, when I get home I am putting the scale under the bed until Friday!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    See below link of a new realilty show coming A&E. I saw it this morning on Good Morning Amercia!! It looks like it is going to be better than The Biggest Loser because they have built in time for the mental issues that plague the morbibly obese.

http://www.aetv.com/heavy/?vid=AETV_Marketing_Horizon_20101228-Heavy_YuMe

I hate I am going to miss it because I do not have cable TV? Does anyone know if they have their shows on line to watch?

I will try to catch up on posts over the weekend. Very busy at work today!

I just wanted to tell everyone to have a good weekend!! One day at at time!

Thanks I just added it to the to do list so it will tape. I just looked at the A & E website it does look like you watch it on the computer.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well at least I will be able to log hours of dancing I am going to do tonight. I am making sure I don't drink any alcohol, and I am going to be good at dinner. I have eaten really light today in preparation for tonight's festivities! No worries about a scale, or working out today...just celebrating the beginning of me loving me with good friends, good food, and lots of dancing!

In fact, when I get home I am putting the scale under the bed until Friday!

Have fun girl!!! With all your hard work you have been putting in you definately deserve a night out to forget about the problems and celebrate getting into those 18s!! it always feels amazing to buy a pair of jeans in a smaller size :) i cant wait for that!!!
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Suffering from back pain. Will catch up later. :(

Last time I was at Sam's Club, the had a package w/2 PVC balls (about the size of a small grapefruit) and a book called the Miracle Ball Method. I've been doing some of the exercises (basically strategically placing the balls under your neck, back, hips, shoulders, etc. and breathing properly and letting your weight relax onto the balls) for about a week and it's slowly helping.

One of my goals is to strengthen my core/back so I don't have to run to the chiropractor every week but it's hard to do the exercises when the back tenseness and pain can limit your range of movement. Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In order to get my water in, I use a 32 oz water bottle and use one package of crystal light to flavor it. This does make the flavor more diluted, but it is still enough flavor that I want to drink it.
    Anyone else have any good tricks or ideas?
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Snowflakes...

My vacation "cost" me 3 pounds (Current weight 271, from 268.5), but I sure did have a good time. Finding healthy eats was a challenge, but I stuck to lots of seafood and made sure I ate vegetables. Too bad, I still dislike papaya because it was for sale everywhere.

The downsides: Despite Verizon claiming that I would have full service, I barely had a signal let alone internet access. Thus, no tracking on MFP. I think I stayed within my calories by eating mostly grilled fish and vegetables, although the fried plantain were my concession because I love them so much. The other downside was that my sodium intake was most definitely high. I could taste the saltiness in much of the food. Lastly, I didn't drink nearly enough water, but I didn't want to spend all my days searching for bathrooms in an unfamiliar place.

The upside: I did a ton of walking, did sun salutations on the beach every morning and ate some fruit every day. I actually wore my pretty pink and brown swimsuit and got over my flabby fat behind and enjoyed getting some sun. I daydreamed about wearing a two piece next time I go on vacation in the tropics. I went an entire 7 days without a piece of candy or chocolate and drank a lot less coffee while I was gone--although the latter probably contributed to my friend and I having an argument--we were both caffeine deprived addicts.

I started this challenge while I was away from home for much of winter break, but now I am back in my house and I couldn't be happier--- my scale on my wii, my bathroom (nothing like being home), my home based work out routines, my new zumba game for the wii that I have been waiting weeks to use! Spending time with my family this last month was grat but I am so glad to be back to my everything!

Despite the scale being up, I lost an inch on my neck and a half inch in the waist. Now if we could just get these stubborn hips on the program, I'd be set. I am guzzling water like crazy to get the bloat off before that time of the month attacks me this week. I refuse to be ruined. I am actually just as excited as ever now that I am back in my own space.

Thanks for reading all my bouncing ideas....Enjoy Sunday everyone and have a fantastic week!
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Happy Sunday Snowflakes :) This morning I decided to change up my workout routine!! I did 20 minutes of Zumba followed by 30 minutes of the workout dvd Biggest Loser Cardio Max....man am i feeling it!!! My legs are like Jelly and feel like they might just fall off LOL! I could barely breathe!! (there is no time for a sip of water either!! It is so intense and I only did level 1!!! I dont see how thos people do it on the show, I mean i am 162lbs and it killed me getting through 30 mins!!! they have contestants that are 400 and up that do that stuff for hours at a time ( in addition to running) man i give them credit for doing it!!! Bob was the trainer on level one so I am scared to see what Jillian does to me!!!

I really need to get a HRM because I feel like I burned a lot more cals than estimated!!! My heart felt like it was going to pop outta my chest the entire time seriously like a minute into the warm up and after the cool down LOL!! If I dont lose weight doing this video this week than i feel like there is no hope for me because I dont think i have ever worked out that hard in my life!!! I went back and Adjusted my calorie burn estimates and changed my Zumba from High intensity aerobics to dance aerobics and that cut down on my burn a massive amount!!!---This is why i need a HRM LOL
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    On another note I want to punch my BF in the face LOL!!! He comes in this morning and says "all your healthy cooking is making me lose weight" :mad: So you are saying you eat one healthy meal a day and lose weight without working out at all and I watch every single calorie that goes in my mouth and workout every morning (80 mins every morning for the last couple of weeks) and you lose weight and I dont!!! WTF :grumble: It is so unfair!!! He weighs 151 lbs!!! I am sitting at 162 for the past two weeks!!! I just want to strangle him right now LOL !!! Anyone else feel like the fat one in your relationship?
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Happy Sunday Snowflakes :) This morning I decided to change up my workout routine!! I did 20 minutes of Zumba followed by 30 minutes of the workout dvd Biggest Loser Cardio Max....man am i feeling it!!! My legs are like Jelly and feel like they might just fall off LOL! I could barely breathe!! (there is no time for a sip of water either!! It is so intense and I only did level 1!!! I dont see how thos people do it on the show, I mean i am 162lbs and it killed me getting through 30 mins!!! they have contestants that are 400 and up that do that stuff for hours at a time ( in addition to running) man i give them credit for doing it!!! Bob was the trainer on level one so I am scared to see what Jillian does to me!!!

I really need to get a HRM because I feel like I burned a lot more cals than estimated!!! My heart felt like it was going to pop outta my chest the entire time seriously like a minute into the warm up and after the cool down LOL!! If I dont lose weight doing this video this week than i feel like there is no hope for me because I dont think i have ever worked out that hard in my life!!! I went back and Adjusted my calorie burn estimates and changed my Zumba from High intensity aerobics to dance aerobics and that cut down on my burn a massive amount!!!---This is why i need a HRM LOL

I said the same thing about the heart rate monitor...totally need one! But I do know that a couple of people I asked on here about on here said that they were logging their Zumba as high intensity aerobics until they got an HRM and when they got one it was only about 20 cals off from how they were logging it before. My assumption is it depends on how hard you are pumping it lol.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Happy Sunday Snowflake family! I had a great time last night! Definitely got some dancing in and it was a great burn! I have officially put my scale under the bed until Friday...however, I do have a doctor's appointment Tuesday so I know I will be weighed then. Other than that, NO MORE peeking.

Definitely going to up the water this week. Going to make sure to get the 5 to 6 days of exercise. Have to do 30 Day Shred today and some Zumba tonight. Letting my body just rest a little bit. I also did read some other stuff about retaining water when doing high intensity workouts. Also, I know one of the snowflakes said the same thing a few days ago. So I need to make sure I am drinking more water before, during, and after workouts. Making sure to watch the sodium intake also this week and just praying for a good loss this week.

Luckily, I have you guys here. If I was by myself in this, the gain would have made me discouraged. Especially after working my butt off. But it was wonderful to have the advice about retaining water, sodium, etc. Hope you all have a great day today.
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Progress numbers thread for the third weigh-in are posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/154498--snowflakes-to-sunshine-1-14-weigh-in-progress

Please log your weight this week in the form if you haven't already:
    (fixed so that this link will stay the same for the rest of the challenge)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&authkey=CKDt1aAO&formkey=dG51bjFDSE1xNEoyRVFoMTc4Vkh0a1E6MQ#gid=0

And if you want to see the full spreadsheet, this is it for the rest of the challenge:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Auxe1cQx0-KYdEx1Z0RnVXRfUEUzWUZjazV3ZXVzWWc&authkey=CJum5OMJ&hl=en#gid=0
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I'm staying away from the scale until Friday too!!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It has been a rough 2 weeks for me due to my head injury and staples. However, I never gave up!! Even though I was not allowed to work out I made sure I watched my calories and sodium and drank lots of water. Last week I did not lose any weight but, I had alot against me...it was TOM and not being able to workout. I had my staples removed on Tues. and was able to get in two ZUMBA classes prior to the weigh in!! That helped me a lot!! On Friday I went from 172.2 to 167.6. So needless to say I was VERY HAPPY!!!! :love: This week I plan on getting more workouts in and trying to eat more fresh food!!! Best of luck to all of you!! Thanks for all of your support during this difficult time!!! LIVE...LAUGH...LOSE!!!! :flowerforyou: Sabrina
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I wonder about something. I know they say if women live together often their TOM tend to adjust and get in sync. As I read so many of these posts I'm starting to wonder if it can happen through a challenge group on a message board? :noway: Getting ready to start....:blushing:
    That is so funny, I actually started today.:blushing:
  • ltlhmom
    Options
    I got the Zumba Wii game yesterday and tried it out last night. Love it! The husband is totally on board to getting healthy and is moving in the right direction. He said to me the other day are you going to be mad if I get under 200 before you. I said no as I know it takes guys less time to lose then us. I have also been at this a year plus and feel that I will only lose a pound or 2 a week where he is just starting out he will have those big losses. But the truth is I sick of not getting under 200 lbs. It should have happen already! I need to eat better and keep working my *kitten* off. I am worthy of being under 200 lbs!!! I'm trying to fight a cold and have been taking Emergen-C seems to be working for the most part.

Goals for the week:
    1 Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    2 Eat 3 - 4 fruits and veggies a day
    3 Exercise 45 to 60 minutes a day
    4 Only allowed to eat out once this week
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Hi guys! Progress numbers thread for the third weigh-in are posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/154498--snowflakes-to-sunshine-1-14-weigh-in-progress

Please log your weight this week in the form if you haven't already:
    (fixed so that this link will stay the same for the rest of the challenge)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&authkey=CKDt1aAO&formkey=dG51bjFDSE1xNEoyRVFoMTc4Vkh0a1E6MQ#gid=0

And if you want to see the full spreadsheet, this is it for the rest of the challenge:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Auxe1cQx0-KYdEx1Z0RnVXRfUEUzWUZjazV3ZXVzWWc&authkey=CJum5OMJ&hl=en#gid=0

Thanks so much for putting in the time to make the spreadsheet!! I love it!!!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OK...I was on vacation last week, had a wonderful anniversary trip. I am sad to report I gained 4.6 pounds. I am hoping some of it is due to eating out all week and the sodium in it all, then I also got my period so I hoping that is a cause too. My goals this week are in get my calories back on track and my water in, maybe some extra in too to help flush the sodium out. Since our week starts on Fridays, my exercise goals is to go every day Monday - Friday, I would love to get 1.5 hours of cardio in every day, but will shoot for at least an hour. I know it will be a tough week but with your support I will do this!!! Keep up your hard work everyone!!
  • ltlhmom
    Options
    OK...I was on vacation last week, had a wonderful anniversary trip. I am sad to report I gained 4.6 pounds. I am hoping some of it is due to eating out all week and the sodium in it all, then I also got my period so I hoping that is a cause too. My goals this week are in get my calories back on track and my water in, maybe some extra in too to help flush the sodium out. Since our week starts on Fridays, my exercise goals is to go every day Monday - Friday, I would love to get 1.5 hours of cardio in every day, but will shoot for at least an hour. I know it will be a tough week but with your support I will do this!!! Keep up your hard work everyone!!

YOU CAN DO IT!