Over 200 New Year New me Part 43

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Lilspy: I vote yes for the name! very pretty.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Julie-Even if your hubby doesn't like it, it sounds like you have a winner on the discussion board! haha
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Julie-Even if your hubby doesn't like it, it sounds like you have a winner on the discussion board! haha

And really, isn't that the most important part?
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I'm still really really sick ... Going way under cals and not enough water it just hurts so bad to swallow . I have mostly been sleeping and my lil man has been quite the trooper he just lays next to me and let's me restost of the time... Poorkid really wants to play but he senses his momma can't do much.

Julie- when u find the right name u won't have to ask anyone ull just know...yea that's weird to say but ur baby kind of develops this little personality and u just kind of end up with a name that fits... My Brayden was very touchy he didn't like anything pressing up against. My belly and when he was "mad" or uncomfotable boy did he let ms know... We were originally going to make him a bob y jr but his personality. Didn't make me feel like he was a Bobby...good luck can't wait to hear what she ends up being named
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    great work everyone - keep on moving!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Julie - I love your original and I think Nala would be cool too. We knew when we got the right girl name when we both agreed, then we didn't talk about it again until she was born (Marissa Aspen McLellan - 15.5yo).

Check In for Today

Calories: under by 19
    Water: plenty
    Exercise: nada
    Proud: I am taking time to relax tonight - starting NOW!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    LaDeb -- Aw, you have a little MAM, too. :smile:

Cris -- I hope you feel better soon!! :flowerforyou: I get what you mean about the name being right. I still want to ask people because knowing how other people view the name is important to me (school applications, job applications, social networking, etc. It sucks, but what other people think of names really matters).

Ideally I'd like a few name options that we both love rather than one set name so we could name her what felt right when she's born. Maisie Alaine seems to be the first one we may have. Scott says Maisie has grown on him a lot but he wants to "stew" on our name choices. Our other 1st name contenders for the moment are Charlotte and Eleanor. I think he likes Charlotte best of the 3. Obviously, I like Maisie. If had a Charlotte I'd end up calling her Charlie so I'm just fine with that name. It's going to take us a while. But I like to throw stuff out there and see what people think. Especially when their opinions matter as much to me as yours do (and by yours I mean all of you!)!

In other non-weightloss-related news, I filed our taxes tonight. Holy mother, it pays to be married! Especially when you're married to a bum of a student! :laugh: We're getting over $4,000 back. Can't tell you how handy that money will be this year (especially since my health insurance is being really effed up on what they're paying for my OB visits)! Such a huge load off my shoulders.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I like Charlotte!
  • elmox
    Options
    Charlotte/Charlie - both great. Hooray for the big old refund!! Last year I did my taxes early, submitted, all excited for our refund. Then 2 days after I submitted our taxes, I got this 1099 for work that I had TOTALLY forgotten. Had to file amendments and give back about a third of the refund because the stupid work wasn't taxed (I was an independent contractor). Needless to say, I learned my lesson and am waiting to file until we know we have all paperwork accounted for. (I didn't do that job again, so that's not coming - thank goodness!)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Julie - I like Charolltte too, i like calling her charlie :smile: WTG on the tax refund. NExt year even more for you, that child tax credit is very handy :smile: I am waiting for one more w-2 ( i have last pay stub but need as sometimes my numbers are off ), from DH job he quit in april..My estimates we are getting about $3500 back...we are all screwy as we don't own a house we can't itemize so some stuff i usally would put in as itemizing i can't cause we can't deduct any interest and taxes, etc, but then we turn around and deduct some of them for the rental property but i don't think it is the same. I am soo waiting for this money for my house !!

Speaking of the house !!! I talked to the relator yesterday and we got the april rent money, the only down side is we have to pay taxes on this money...so of course this may make our refund off next year :sad: but i am okay with that, it will get us in there now !! He bascially just pays us the money so it is like extra income., with no withholding.

BUt i confirmed we are closing 03/31 !!! We have to go tomorrow and sign the papers...

pretty much 2 months ..oh my
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Deb: Congrats on having a closing date. So exciting!!

Ladeb: I love your daughter's name. Marissa Aspen is a beautiful name.

Julie: I like Charlotte, too. I think it's very elegant, but I love that you have a fun nickname, too. That way, as she gets older and develops her own personality, she can decide which fits her better. There was never much I could do with Heather, but thankfully I've always liked my name! (Thanks, mom!)

So, has anyone else noticed the random encouraging people popping around MFP? I think it's pretty cool. Yesterday I got a message from some random guy on here that only said, "Good luck, girl!" At first, I thought, "do I know this guy? Is he cyber-stalking me?" Then I thought, "Wow, that's pretty cool!" so I messaged him back with a simple "Thanks!" Why is it we sometimes jump to the bad thoughts about people's intentions, especially on such a supportive site like this one?

Last night Nate and I went out with friends to Outback Steakhouse. I pre-planned what I was going to have to fit it into my week, stuck with my plan and ate slowly to truly enjoy it. It was completely awesome and satisfying and my tank was at perfect when I was done. I was the last at the table to finish but I'm so glad I truly tasted each and every bite. Wow! I even had one glass of wine and savored it. Pretty proud of myself right now.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Points: Used 10 weekly points, but it's okay since I planned ahead.
    Water: 90 oz.
    Exercise: None, legs still sore from bootcamp. No exercise tonight, either because of the 5k in the morning! Yikes!
    Proud: The bf kept telling me how hot I looked last night. He says I'm radiant when I drink all of my water. Gotta love him!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Well, I'll start this week's weigh-in

Allison..........+1.2..........0.0%

I'm bummed. I know that I've been having a rough week, and I had Mexican food for dinner last night (half of a fajita platter, no tortilla, no sour cream) and half a cookie in class (evil prof!), but I was sort of hoping that the work I've put into running and whatnot this week would have counteracted it. This is my first gain week over week since joining in July.

Oh well. I had a great personal training session this morning, a nice birthday dinner with close friends planned for tonight, and a goal of running that 8 mile race in April! Time to focus on non-scale goals.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I gained this week too :( I had a rough start to the week, and then had dental surgery mid week (wisdom teeth out) so I am hoping it is just a stress gain.

Jenn..............+0.9.........0.0%
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Heather..........0.0.........0.0%
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I very literally stayed exactly the same. BUT, my naked weight has been 184 for the last three days! Yay!

Allison: Focus on those non-scale victories!! They're so much more important and less depressing. Trust me, after being stuck for so long, I had to find something else to focus on or I would have been depressed and given up. Whatever you do, just stay with us!

Nancy: The above goes for you, too!

Okay, I'm supper giddy/bubbly today for no reason. I've had no ice cream this week and no coffee. Maybe it's the awesome sleep from exercising again or it could be the awesome pilates :wink: last night. Hmm, I hope this energy carries through tonight and into tomorrow morning. I'll need all the help I can get for the 5k. At least it's supposed to be in the high 20s/low 30s!! It's a heat wave!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    meokk............-0.2.........0.11

Ha ! well it's something, I lost 1.2lbs this week but since I gained a lb last week I'm not counting that little hiccup.

Purple - welcome to the world of difficult weight loss. I lost about the same as you when I hit that wall. Try not to be discouraged. The weight will keep coming off if you stick with it, it will just be much slower. That ends up being highly frustrating when you have been doing so well for so long and the weight was flying off. I guess that's why we all need support :heart:
    Next week might surprise you with a loss, you never know. My most typical experience has been dropping 0.2 - 0.4 lbs per week since I passed the 50lb lost mark which is sooooo slow but at least in the right direction. Oh and...... lost of sodium in that Mexican probably has you retaining water. Onwards and upwards Purple !!!!!

Elmox - thanks for the article, it was pretty interesting

Deb - Wooo hooo closing date :drinker:

Cris - feel better :sick:

LilSpy - I love the name Charlotte but as a person who has a name that can be shortened about 4 different ways I can tell you it's a pain in the butt hole. I would much rather have a name that just is what it is.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Heather..........0.0.........0.0%
    Debra ...........+1.5.........0.0%

Big goose egg for me too!! I was up to right at 250 ...not like i didn't except it i have been eating horrible this week, and i think TOM is around the corner ..oh fun.
  • elmox
    Options
    Lauren...........-1.5.........0.87%

LADIES - I AM 169.5!! 16X!!!!!! I can't tell you the last time I was there. Well, yes, I can. It was during my undergrad dates (you know....8-10 years ago).

Checking in from yesterday...
    Cals - Under w/exercise: 1552
    Water - 80 oz - should have been more since I did hot yoga
    Exercise - 1 hour of hot yoga
    Proud - I had a really rough day at work yesterday and some friends were going out to drinks/dinner. I made the choice to go to yoga instead, get some exercise and some calm in my life. It was a good decision. :happy:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Goooood morning ladies! I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off this morning, forgot it was Friday and didn't weigh in. OOPS!! I'll try and weigh in before I leave tomorrow morning!

Heather-What time is your 5K tomorrow!? Good luck! Your going to do great!!

Deb-Congrats on a closing date on the house! Try not to stress too much about the money and be excited about the house! Easier said then done huh?

Well I think I'm almost all packed, just a few minor things to pack in the suitcase. Working a half day today. Gonna head home and spend some time with my cousin and her husband and then a few friends are coming over. So excited!!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Lauren...........-1.5.........0.87%
    LaDeb............0.0...........0.0%
    heather............0.0...........0.0%

absolutely even to the oz.