Over 200 New Year New me Part 43

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I probably didn't get the job. I thought I would've heard something by now. I'm pretty relieved because not getting the job certainly makes my life easier. I definitely would've enjoyed the added financial security & a nice office closer to home but oh boy I was dreading having all the uncomfortable "I have a job offer" and "I'm pregnant" conversations and then walking into a tough situation that needed tons of attention. I guess I could still get a call. I know they'd have to get through tons of red tape to get approval to offer the salary I requested.

I was one of the top 2 candidates so that's good to know I'm still viewed as a desirable job applicant for when I apply for better jobs after baby arrives (unless a financial miracle happens with dh's business & I can stay at home). The HR director told me on the 2nd interview that both candidates were well qualified but they were also looking for the perfect personality match. So if the other candidate is a better fit for them in terms of personality then I certainly can't argue with that or feel bad about it. I yam who I yam, right? :tongue:
  • purpleprose
    Options
    The BL calories thing was crazy to me, too. I know that they're supervised by dietitians and nutritionists and doctors, but that seems insanely unhealthy and poor judgment. Those contestants have no idea how to live a healthy life, but aren't learning it on the show, either. That's why so many of them regain their weight.

I don't know what's going on with me, but I've steadily gained weight the last 3 - 4 days. I'm back at my pre-India weight and am really unhappy about it. I'm working out, drinking a lot of water, and eating under my calories (I'm on the 1.5 a week schedule, so I figure eating less than that isn't a huge deal). Yesterday I know I had some extra sodium, and that's probably what did it, but I am getting angry and frustrated. Any ideas what could be doing it?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    purple-If you had added sodium yesterday I'm sure that's got to be it. If your doing everything right it's just a fluke. It will go back down. Stress makes you hold onto weight like nobodies business as well. Make sure you are eating enough though. Hang in there girl.

Julie-I love how you look at the positive side regardless of what happens! I think that's great! :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Cris -Your little boy is probably the cutest boy I have ever seen.He is definitely going to be a heart breaker.
    Momma-That story about delivering your placenta was disgusting but hilarious at the same time.
    Jess- Have fun in Mexico you deserve it
    Julie-everyone is telling you correctly that most of your weight is placenta and fluid.In fact when I was pregnant with my first (mind u I was not thin to begin with) I had several people ask me if I was having twins and I had to constantly say no.Once I delivered they said I had about 5 pounds of just fluid and 6 pounds of baby.MY baby girl only weighed 6lbs 10 ounces and when we left the hospital she only weighed 5lbs 4 ounces my second daughter was 8lbs and 14.6 ounces so huge difference between the 2.I only gain 10-12 pounds with my first because I was constantly stressed and with my second I gained 27 pounds.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Ann - with abby people always asked me if i was having twins, yes i delivered a 10lb 6 oz baby , i guess that could of been 2 twins....but by the time i had her i was soo tired , people were like are you sure you aren't having twins...i am liek hello i think i would know!!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over by about 300 :cry:
    exercise: none
    proud: went to my nutrition class and am sticking with their program
    water: good
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Nancy: Great job going to PT when you didn't want to! Thanks for telling me about "Heavy." I've never heard of it before and don't have cable, so I'll have to see if I can find it online.

Lauren: I read Ali's book, "Believe It, Be It" and she says that many days the girls only eat 900-1200 calories and exercise 6 hours a day with the trainers THEN do straight cardio on their own for another 2 hours or so. Ick! No wonder they're losing so much weight! I would be starving all the time! I like the show less than I did prior to reading the book.

Jess: Good job on not stopping at Starbucks this morning. Caribou Coffee was calling my name hardcore, but I decided if I make it through the week with no ice cream or coffee stops, I can get one Friday morning. It gives me something to work toward! I can imagine how slowly this week is passing for you!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 32.9 oz...Boo!
    Exercise: 30 minutes of Boot Camp class. I couldn't stick with it the whole hour because it was hot and I hadn't eaten so I felt like I was going to pass out or puke. But, I still got the 30 minutes in and stuck to a healthier Subway sandwich instead of getting frustrated at my failure and getting McDonalds.
    Proud: That I stuck with my food plan for the day! And, I had a sugar-free pudding cup instead of ice cream for dessert. Oh, and the scale stayed exactly the same at WW last night instead of going up like I thought it would.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Heather this week is dragging like NO OTHER!! I'm ready to rip my hair out!! Yay for staying the same for weigh in!! I'll take that any day over a gain!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yeah Heather!!!!!

I enjoy BL, but am not a hard core fan. It's inspiring (sometimes, other times frustrating), but I think it's totally important to realize that the results are ridiculous and difficult to replicate in a regular environment. Working out for 8 hours a day is not an option - time or healthwise! - for anyone.

Jess/Heather - are you all about the fancy coffee? I get my $1 coffee every morning on the way into work - regular coffee, about 1/4 c. of whole milk (my indulgence!) and one splenda. Comes out to about 42 calories. That I can handle. Every so often I may get a skinny latte, but I'd rather have my calories in other places!

More snow today....I mean it's kind of losing it's luster and excitement.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Jess/Heather - are you all about the fancy coffee? I get my $1 coffee every morning on the way into work - regular coffee, about 1/4 c. of whole milk (my indulgence!) and one splenda. Comes out to about 42 calories. That I can handle. Every so often I may get a skinny latte, but I'd rather have my calories in other places!

Yes ma'am without a doubt I am a coffee snob. I can drink regular coffee with a flavored creamer sometimes but it's just not the same. I try to not get it too often and when I do it's a skinny latte. It's only been lately when I haven't been staying at home that I need coffee in the mornin to wake me up. Gotta love dating a guy who works nights..:drinker:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I am not doing good calorie wise today , i feel like i am soo freaking hungry i want to eat anything i can find ...ugggg.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    The BL calories thing was crazy to me, too. I know that they're supervised by dietitians and nutritionists and doctors, but that seems insanely unhealthy and poor judgment. Those contestants have no idea how to live a healthy life, but aren't learning it on the show, either. That's why so many of them regain their weight.

I don't know what's going on with me, but I've steadily gained weight the last 3 - 4 days. I'm back at my pre-India weight and am really unhappy about it. I'm working out, drinking a lot of water, and eating under my calories (I'm on the 1.5 a week schedule, so I figure eating less than that isn't a huge deal). Yesterday I know I had some extra sodium, and that's probably what did it, but I am getting angry and frustrated. Any ideas what could be doing it?

Time for a plateau? I hit one (a big one) pretty much exactly where you are last January -- around 55 pounds lost. My weight loss never continued at the rate it was going before that . I lost about 25 pounds between January and September. It was frustrating but I figured any amount down or staying the same is better than any amount up.

I've been thinking pregnancy may have been the best thing I could've done to lose the rest of my extra weight. :laugh: Never could I have been comfortable enough with eating as much as I am now soley to get my metabolism back on track. I'm hoping that between revving my metabolism back up and (hopefully) breastfeeding, the 50 pounds I'll need to lose after little one is born will just melt away like the first 50 pounds I lost did (I can dream, right?)
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! It's been hard to check in lately... Work has been busy, we got our house painted so it took me forever last night to get it back in order, and today I am working from home because of snow. The baby is home too so I didn't get much alone time. I had to abandon slim fast todaybecause it was in my car frozen. I'm doing good staying within cals so far, plus I wore my hrm while shoveling and burned 545 cals wooo! More snow tonight supposedly so more shoveling in my future!

Bbl
    cris
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Ps- I was shocked when I saw the board on bl with the cals they ate! One of them said they burned like 8000 cals one day that's so crazy!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    OMG could this day go by any slower!?!?!?!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I am soo ready for this day to be over...i snacked on a little too much peanutbutter and now my stomach hurts on top of everything else :sad: Had a little work out, not very good but better than nothing i guess.

Then i get email from our property manager, giving us a statment of repairs, i thought he was just getting an estimate on the roof but no he went ahead and had them fix it...so we are 250 in the whole for febuary not what i wanted to hear on top of my already stressed self about getting money for the house by march 31st :sad:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of people who are ready for this day to be over.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Yes! to the slow day! Ridiculous.

Um, so I've officially "popped." And my abs are freaking killing me. I wasn't showing yesterday. I am showing today (confirmed by my supervisor saying something to me -- she even mentioned the part about how I wasn't showing yesterday). I can no longer zip and button pants I wore just 4 days ago. Like, not even close. So weird!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Yay, finally time to go home. Have a great evening, ladies! I'm off to go grocery shopping for the ingredients to the WW enchilada recipe I'm trying tonight. I'll let you all know how it turns out!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Yay, finally time to go home. Have a great evening, ladies! I'm off to go grocery shopping for the ingredients to the WW enchilada recipe I'm trying tonight. I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Yes!! I love mexican food! Let me knwo how it turns out!

Julie-Does this mean it's time for maternity clothes!?