Last 10 lb CHALLENGE!!! Join me?

Options

Replies

• momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to everyone and there great success!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!

I just got back from vacation - we were in San Diego for the week - what a GORGEOUS city! The nicest people, and it's so true about the California pace - we were clearly east coasters with our break neck pace!

We were at a resort right on the beach, and it was just amazing. I did drink a margarita at every restaurant and bar that we stopped in (I was doing a comparative study, in the name of science - Altitude in the Gaslamp quarter won hands down!).

I weigh in tomorrow, but don't think I've gained anything (I was in a bikini all week, so I had to suck it in, and watch my portions!). It was SOOOO nice, but it feels good to be home.

Lets have a GREAT week ladies!
    :flowerforyou:

Wow!! I'm jealous!! I want a vacation ...... on the beach ....... with me in a bikini ...... drinking margarita's at every restaurant!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!! Sounds WONDERFUL and RELAXING!!!!

Sounds like you all had a great time!! Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be just fine!!!!

:drinker: Here's to a GREAT week!! :drinker:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to everyone and there great success!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!

I just got back from vacation - we were in San Diego for the week - what a GORGEOUS city! The nicest people, and it's so true about the California pace - we were clearly east coasters with our break neck pace!

We were at a resort right on the beach, and it was just amazing. I did drink a margarita at every restaurant and bar that we stopped in (I was doing a comparative study, in the name of science - Altitude in the Gaslamp quarter won hands down!).

I weigh in tomorrow, but don't think I've gained anything (I was in a bikini all week, so I had to suck it in, and watch my portions!). It was SOOOO nice, but it feels good to be home.

Lets have a GREAT week ladies!

Wow!! I'm jealous!! I want a vacation ...... on the beach ....... with me in a bikini ...... drinking margarita's at every restaurant!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!! Sounds WONDERFUL and RELAXING!!!!

Sounds like you all had a great time!! Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be just fine!!!!

:drinker: Here's to a GREAT week!! :drinker:

Hahaha - thinking back it was pretty terrific (as I am about to go and do laundry and clean apple juice out of our mini van that my baby girl spilt right after we picked them up from Grandma and Grandpas!!!The reality check can pretty fast!). The weigh in tomorrow might be scary though, as I enjoyed the salt on all those rims... oh well... it was worth it!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    AJCM you are looking hot lady!!! My birthday happens to be Aug 4th, so I know you will hit your goal then! :laugh:
    I continue to eat more than before and am still losing!:drinker: Plus, I just get to eat more...:bigsmile:
    As of this morning I am within about 1.5 - 2 lbs from my original goal! I am really just focusing on toning up right now and getting more strength. I am back to my college size, but with 10 lbs more muscle!
    Keep it up everybody. It will happen if you stick with it!:flowerforyou:
    I am going on a 3 day backpacking trip over the weekend and am really curious to see how many calories I burn!!:tongue: I burned 1700 just on a day hike Sunday :noway:
    Have a great weekend!!:smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    AJCM you are looking hot lady!!! My birthday happens to be Aug 4th, so I know you will hit your goal then! :laugh:
    I continue to eat more than before and am still losing!:drinker: Plus, I just get to eat more...:bigsmile:
    As of this morning I am within about 1.5 - 2 lbs from my original goal! I am really just focusing on toning up right now and getting more strength. I am back to my college size, but with 10 lbs more muscle!
    Keep it up everybody. It will happen if you stick with it!:flowerforyou:
    I am going on a 3 day backpacking trip over the weekend and am really curious to see how many calories I burn!!:tongue: I burned 1700 just on a day hike Sunday :noway:
    Have a great weekend!!:smile:

Thanks Lizard! Nice compliment from someone who is such great shape!!!! I see you're from Colorado - we were thinking of checking out Denver - nice city?

Good work on doing SO well to reach your goals! I've got to get my butt back in gear and focus again - too much vacationing is sabotaging the diet!!!

Let's have a great week ladies!
  • AJCM
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?

So I took stock today, and I did do some damage on my holiday - I gained 1.5lbs. Not horrific, but not good when one is crawling to the finish line. I have to re-focus here, and get out of vacation mode! We are back to the cottage this weekend, and then again for a couple of weeks in August.

The socializing/holidays really kill me - I need to stick to my strats of lots of water, grazing on only the raw veg, and getting extra bursts of exercise throughout the day. That is the plan.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hurray I've been stuck the last few weeks, but I've also been enjoying camping and relaxing a little too much too!!! Anyway, I'm down another 2 lbs this morning!!!!!!!! Bringing my total loss since January 13th to 94 lbs lost and forgotten!!!!!! I feel great! Keep up the fantastic work everyone!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hurray I've been stuck the last few weeks, but I've also been enjoying camping and relaxing a little too much too!!! Anyway, I'm down another 2 lbs this morning!!!!!!!! Bringing my total loss since January 13th to 94 lbs lost and forgotten!!!!!! I feel great! Keep up the fantastic work everyone!!!!

Look at you!!!!! I STILL return to your profile when I need a little jolt to get serious and resist the temptation of eating treats or skipping a workout!
    BRAVO!!!
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Thanks Lizard! Nice compliment from someone who is such great shape!!!! I see you're from Colorado - we were thinking of checking out Denver - nice city?

Good work on doing SO well to reach your goals! I've got to get my butt back in gear and focus again - too much vacationing is sabotaging the diet!!!

I would move back to Colorado in a heartbeat! Luckily my family still lives there so I visit. Denver isn't the same as it used to be, but still a good city. Lots of sports, arts, theatre, music. About 2 hrs from great skiing and hiking. It's worth a trip at least. Tell my grandma hi!!:laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options

I would move back to Colorado in a heartbeat! Luckily my family still lives there so I visit. Denver isn't the same as it used to be, but still a good city. Lots of sports, arts, theatre, music. About 2 hrs from great skiing and hiking. It's worth a trip at least. Tell my grandma hi!!:laugh:

Will do!

Where are those mountains? That is what I want to see!
    GORGEOUS!!!
  • lizard9800
    Options

Will do!

GORGEOUS!!!

If you are referring to the mountains on my weight ticker, those are here in Wyoming about 15 minutes from my house. The Teton Range. Very steep and jagged. Colorado has wider mts and more of them. All mts are pretty in my view! In fact we are going backpacking all weekend for my birthday. Should be fun!
  • AJCM
    Options

Will do!

GORGEOUS!!!

If you are referring to the mountains on my weight ticker, those are here in Wyoming about 15 minutes from my house. The Teton Range. Very steep and jagged. Colorado has wider mts and more of them. All mts are pretty in my view! In fact we are going backpacking all weekend for my birthday. Should be fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZARD!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm almost down another pound. This has been a long plataue for me. But I can feel my body starting to kick in again. WOO!

~Gael~
  • AJCM
    Options
    Congrats Gael!!!! Good work!!!!

Lizard - I meant to ask, when is your beach wedding!?!?! You will look SO hot in that bikini!!!
  • momandwife
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Well, Tuesday is my usual "official" weigh in day ......... this morning when I got up I felt constipated (still am - I know too much information - sorry) PLUS I am PMS'n and I weighed more. So I debated with myself all day long about it and I decided to give it another week before I posted my updated weight and measurements.

I have been staying consistent with my weight (I am addicted to my scale and weigh everyday - sometimes multiple times). I know what I usually weigh in the morning and at night before I go to bed - and this morning was a full 2 pounds more than what is usually.

I went shopping today with my kids - school clothes for them and then tonight I did a 30-minute program on my treadmill with incline and varying speeds. We shopped for about 4 hours today - so I'm counting that in my head as mild exercise today - but not logging it. The kids out-voted me on where to eat lunch - McDonald's won - I had one of their grilled chicken lettuce salads and didn't even eat one French Fry from their Happy Meals - yeah me!!!!

So anyway - I'm going to hit it hard this week and I will weigh in next week and let you all know how I'm doing.

Have a GREAT week!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Well, Tuesday is my usual "official" weigh in day ......... this morning when I got up I felt constipated (still am - I know too much information - sorry) PLUS I am PMS'n and I weighed more. So I debated with myself all day long about it and I decided to give it another week before I posted my updated weight and measurements.

I have been staying consistent with my weight (I am addicted to my scale and weigh everyday - sometimes multiple times). I know what I usually weigh in the morning and at night before I go to bed - and this morning was a full 2 pounds more than what is usually.

I went shopping today with my kids - school clothes for them and then tonight I did a 30-minute program on my treadmill with incline and varying speeds. We shopped for about 4 hours today - so I'm counting that in my head as mild exercise today - but not logging it. The kids out-voted me on where to eat lunch - McDonald's won - I had one of their grilled chicken lettuce salads and didn't even eat one French Fry from their Happy Meals - yeah me!!!!

So anyway - I'm going to hit it hard this week and I will weigh in next week and let you all know how I'm doing.

Have a GREAT week!!

Good for you at McDonald's with the salad - I quite like those salads, and feel that they are a healthy choice, as we do have to live in the real world!!!!

Don't worry about the 2lbs - PMS + Consti... can do that to you! Wait until day 7 of your cycle, and weigh again!

Have a great week everyone!
  • momandwife
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Have a GREAT week!!

Good for you at McDonald's with the salad - I quite like those salads, and feel that they are a healthy choice, as we do have to live in the real world!!!!

Don't worry about the 2lbs - PMS + Consti... can do that to you! Wait until day 7 of your cycle, and weigh again!

Have a great week everyone!

Thanks for the support!!! Hopefully things will turn around again soon!!
    :flowerforyou: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I had a perfect day of good eating and a good workout this morning. Then bam I just ate like a handful of nuts and like a bag of sunchips :grumble: ...I don't know why I have the munchies so bad today, but maybe the bright side of this is that I'm bingeing on decently healthy food? Ugghhhhh these last 5 lbs will never come off at this rate.. have any of you experienced that "drop" in motivation because you're so close to your goal? My boyfriend and family keeps telling me that I will be the only one who notices these last few pounds, but I don't care!!! I want them gone. I just need a kick in the rear to get me motivated as I was..I mean I'm "okay" with how I look..but I want to love it! Ugh, sorry for the venting and whineing..thanks for listening. :smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I had a perfect day of good eating and a good workout this morning. Then bam I just ate like a handful of nuts and like a bag of sunchips :grumble: ...I don't know why I have the munchies so bad today, but maybe the bright side of this is that I'm bingeing on decently healthy food? Ugghhhhh these last 5 lbs will never come off at this rate.. have any of you experienced that "drop" in motivation because you're so close to your goal? My boyfriend and family keeps telling me that I will be the only one who notices these last few pounds, but I don't care!!! I want them gone. I just need a kick in the rear to get me motivated as I was..I mean I'm "okay" with how I look..but I want to love it! Ugh, sorry for the venting and whineing..thanks for listening. :smile:

Vent away girl, anytime! First of all - you are looking AMAZING - you could certainly take those last few lbs slow! Or forget about them (and they might just slip away). Keep at it, but don't take it too seriously! You're pretty much at your goal!
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options
    All of you are such a great inspirations! You all look fantastic....I am in that same "Land of Lost Motivation" for the last 5lbs; but thats why I am here !:happy:

Lst 2 days too nauseous to exercise (shaky/dizzy and stomach issues) to "do it all", but I need a break obviously; so will see how I feel tomorow and just keep working at neing the best me I can. talk 2 you all later!
  • AJCM
    Options
    All of you are such a great inspirations! You all look fantastic....I am in that same "Land of Lost Motivation" for the last 5lbs; but thats why I am here !:happy:

Lst 2 days too nauseous to exercise (shaky/dizzy and stomach issues) to "do it all", but I need a break obviously; so will see how I feel tomorow and just keep working at neing the best me I can. talk 2 you all later!

Hi FitShark! Oh can I relate! I'm taking the summer, just to live at this weight, and then I will re-tackle the last 5lbs in the fall. Could you take a little hiatus from the stress of losing? I'm just doing maintenance, and then I think that I will be re-newed to star again in Sept (I haven't gained an ounce back, and even lost an lb a few weeks back doing "maintenance").

Good luck and keep in touch here!