Options

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies... I'm BACK IN ACTION!!!!

How is everyone doing out there?
    :smile:

Anyone NEW joining us for some *check in* and *motivation*? No matter what you have to lose! Join us!

My Naturopathic doctor put me on a liver cleanse, which is also a digestive cleanse (if you know what I mean), so I'm motivated to get my butt in gear and get rid of some more lbs!

Have a great week everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Hey AJCM! Funny that you should talk about a cleanse. I started the Fruit Flush 3 day detox today because I really need a kick in the booty as well. I like the idea of the plan because you can actually eat. Wish me luck and good luck with yours! :smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hey AJCM! Funny that you should talk about a cleanse. I started the Fruit Flush 3 day detox today because I really need a kick in the booty as well. I like the idea of the plan because you can actually eat. Wish me luck and good luck with yours! :smile:

What's that cleanse like? People keep thinking that I don't eat any food during the cleanse! I do, I just have to finish my meals by 6:00, so that I can take part 2 of the cleanse at 8:00 p.m. and then pee out the water by 10:00 p.m. before bed. This goes on for 30 days! I am feeling great though!

So what do you eat on your cleanse? (I can eat everyting except refined food, processed and packaged foods, alcohol, sugar, dairy).
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well - today was my official weigh in day - I probably shouldn't have (because it is day 1 of "that time of the month") So today I weighed 138.0 - I went ahead and posted it as my "check in" weight this week. Last week I was bloated from the PRE- time of the month (I was 139.0 and didn't post it). UGH!!

I got up this morning and did Tae-Bo (30 minutes) and then I did 10 minutes of pilates (abs). Then today is clean, clean, clean day at my house. My goal someday is to get a heart rate monitor - I just go by the calories burned from this site and from what my treadmill says so I am REALLY curious if I am figuring it all right or not. I have read lots of posts "praising" the HRM so one of these days I will get one.

My goals for this week:
    1. Drink all of my water (I have been slacking)
    2. Log all of my food (I have been lazy with that)

Hope everyone has a good week!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Well - today was my official weigh in day - I probably shouldn't have (because it is day 1 of "that time of the month") So today I weighed 138.0 - I went ahead and posted it as my "check in" weight this week. Last week I was bloated from the PRE- time of the month (I was 139.0 and didn't post it). UGH!!

I got up this morning and did Tae-Bo (30 minutes) and then I did 10 minutes of pilates (abs). Then today is clean, clean, clean day at my house. My goal someday is to get a heart rate monitor - I just go by the calories burned from this site and from what my treadmill says so I am REALLY curious if I am figuring it all right or not. I have read lots of posts "praising" the HRM so one of these days I will get one.

My goals for this week:

Sounds like a good plan - and don't sweat TOM - that bloat weight will be gone soon. May I ask your height? I'm just curious, as your current weight is my goal weight! (I'm 5'8) You also look pretty slim in your pics, but I guess you are aiming for 130? I'd love to get down to 138 and go from there, but I think that will be a good weight for me - I guess I won't know until I get there!

Have a good one!
  • lost50
    lost50 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am sure the last 10 is difficult !I do not have only 10 pounds to go but I want to loose another ten to keep the scale going down.I am going in increments of 10. I have 63 to go after this 10 it will be 53.My 10 will be off by Aug 31!

I also do the Jillian MichaelShred and it has added to my loss of 10 pounds.I am on shred 2. I also walk fast every morning three miles. The summer is winding down and I do not want to get into a funk because of it.Iafter Michaels I do Namaste Yoga for 20 minutes and try to keep active around the house all day.

I am also interested in 10 so when I go back to work teaching I will be down 21.So here we go!!!

My eating plan is many veggies also and veggie burgers without the bread. I always have cherrios and blueberries in the morning after my walk it keeps me full long.For Supper I usually eat very light a veggie with salad and maybe a Fiber 1 bar.
  • momandwife
    Options

My goals for this week:

Sounds like a good plan - and don't sweat TOM - that bloat weight will be gone soon. May I ask your height? I'm just curious, as your current weight is my goal weight! (I'm 5'8) You also look pretty slim in your pics, but I guess you are aiming for 130? I'd love to get down to 138 and go from there, but I think that will be a good weight for me - I guess I won't know until I get there!

Have a good one!

I am 5' 5" - my goal is 130. Originally when I started with MFP I made my goal 135 but I changed it a while ago because I thought I was up for the challenge. Honestly the last two weeks have been hectic around here and I haven't been logging everything like I should - I have been exercising religiously but since I haven't been logging my calories I have no idea if I'm eating enough. That is why I made those goals for myself this week.

Within the last couple of weeks people have been noticing - which makes this all worth while. My husband is very encouraging and feeds me full of compliments which is wonderful ...... but when other people mention it ..... that really makes it even better!!!

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

I am 5' 5" - my goal is 130. Originally when I started with MFP I made my goal 135 but I changed it a while ago because I thought I was up for the challenge. Honestly the last two weeks have been hectic around here and I haven't been logging everything like I should - I have been exercising religiously but since I haven't been logging my calories I have no idea if I'm eating enough. That is why I made those goals for myself this week.

Within the last couple of weeks people have been noticing - which makes this all worth while. My husband is very encouraging and feeds me full of compliments which is wonderful ...... but when other people mention it ..... that really makes it even better!!!

Thanks!
    And for the record, you are looking pretty terrific!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I am sure the last 10 is difficult !I do not have only 10 pounds to go but I want to loose another ten to keep the scale going down.I am going in increments of 10. I have 63 to go after this 10 it will be 53.My 10 will be off by Aug 31!

I also do the Jillian MichaelShred and it has added to my loss of 10 pounds.I am on shred 2. I also walk fast every morning three miles. The summer is winding down and I do not want to get into a funk because of it.Iafter Michaels I do Namaste Yoga for 20 minutes and try to keep active around the house all day.

I am also interested in 10 so when I go back to work teaching I will be down 21.So here we go!!!

My eating plan is many veggies also and veggie burgers without the bread. I always have cherrios and blueberries in the morning after my walk it keeps me full long.For Supper I usually eat very light a veggie with salad and maybe a Fiber 1 bar.

Sounds like a GREAT plan!!!! I love the small goals of 10...
  • momandwife
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

Thanks!

Thanks for the encouraging words!! You really are an inspiration on here for me AJCM!! I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. I believe I'm almost addicted to this - I think about it all the time!! I guess that's a good thing ??????? :huh: :wink:
  • AJCM
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

Thanks!

Thanks for the encouraging words!! You really are an inspiration on here for me AJCM!! I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. I believe I'm almost addicted to this - I think about it all the time!! I guess that's a good thing ??????? :huh: :wink:

Hahaha! You mean you think about MFP or your diet??? Both are good - when I was really focused and losing, I was on here to log EVERYTHING so I was on about 8 times a day!

Thanks for saying that I'm an inspiration! YOU'RE my inspiration! You weigh my goal weight, so I see you as the end result! I was just looking at pics today, and since I had my daughter, I've lost over 60 lbs now (I was just over 200 when she was delivered - can you believe it? I can hardly believe it and it was me!!!). Anway, MFP has really saved me, as I lost the last (and hardest) of my baby weight using this system, so I see why you are addicted!

Thanks for the kind words, and have a great week - here's to a "good news" weigh in!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    (I'm Amanda by the way!)
  • momandwife
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

Thanks!

Hahaha! You mean you think about MFP or your diet??? Both are good - when I was really focused and losing, I was on here to log EVERYTHING so I was on about 8 times a day!

Thanks for saying that I'm an inspiration! YOU'RE my inspiration! You weigh my goal weight, so I see you as the end result! I was just looking at pics today, and since I had my daughter, I've lost over 60 lbs now (I was just over 200 when she was delivered - can you believe it? I can hardly believe it and it was me!!!). Anway, MFP has really saved me, as I lost the last (and hardest) of my baby weight using this system, so I see why you are addicted!

Thanks for the kind words, and have a great week - here's to a "good news" weigh in!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    (I'm Amanda by the way!)

HA!! I think I'm more addicted to MFP than my diet ...... but by being addicted to MFP that means that I'm also thinking about what I'm eating, how much I'm exercising, etc. too!! I guess it goes hand in hand. :happy:

I started on MFP in February 2008 at 146 - there was a point during the the fall of 2007 that I was around 150-155 so I started a little bit on my own just by exercising more and eating healthier then after the holidays I did a little searching online and luckily came across this website ....... and the rest, as they say, is history. I am now HOOKED!!

You were saying about when you were pregnant how much you weighed - I didn't like looking at the scales at the end of my pregnancies but I think with my daughter (she's 4 now) I topped out in the 180s. Breastfeeding did wonders when I had my son (he's 7 now) it was like the breastfeeding sucked my belly back to normal. With my daughter it didn't do that as well so I am having to work harder at it. That belly pooch just will not go away!!! Okay - now I'm off to do my crunches before bed!!

........ I'm Shelly ...... the infamous momandwife ....... hee hee!! :flowerforyou:
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

HI, I just wanted to add something here; At 5'3" (aprox: last year the dr's office had me a t 5'5", and this year at 5'4"!but really, still 5'3.5 -ish since 12 yrs old!) I was aiming for 130 also; but then realized, once I got the momentum, that my 120-125 "healthy weight" would be a better goal; a challenge to keep me motivated! And then it got hard, the last 10 remain.....but in a week of actual food logging, and exercise tracking, I feel bettter equipped and more "in charge" again....I fluctuate too, and depending on the day it now the last 5, or 7! Keep up the good work,! this site has made it easier for me to see what I need to do, besides just kind of knowing it..
  • AJCM
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

HI, I just wanted to add something here; At 5'3" (aprox: last year the dr's office had me a t 5'5", and this year at 5'4"!but really, still 5'3.5 -ish since 12 yrs old!) I was aiming for 130 also; but then realized, once I got the momentum, that my 120-125 "healthy weight" would be a better goal; a challenge to keep me motivated! And then it got hard, the last 10 remain.....but in a week of actual food logging, and exercise tracking, I feel bettter equipped and more "in charge" again....I fluctuate too, and depending on the day it now the last 5, or 7! Keep up the good work,! this site has made it easier for me to see what I need to do, besides just kind of knowing it..

Yes - I guess you've got to get down there to see how you are feeling!

Your height does change things, so this is when BMI or body fat is a better tool. For example: A woman who is 5'10" would be VERY thin at 130 lbs (19 BMI - under weight actually), where a woman who is 5'0" is overweight at 130 lbs...
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options
    Exactly AJCM! Have a great day!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

I have also been really lazy about drinking enough water except when I am hiking and have to pee every 30 minutes!

I also haven't logged my food in 2 weeks. It's not because I'm lazy but because I am doing an experiment. I know I won't be logging food for the rest of my life (hope not!), so I thought I would see what happens when I make good food decisions but don't log in. So far, not so bad. I am up 1 pound, but TOM is coming soon and I have eaten out 3x in the last week. The water thing might be a big factor too. Maybe if I was logging, drinking H2O and not eating out I would be at my goal! Who knows. I am still happy where I am, and I continue to get comments from people who haven't seen me in a while.

AJCM - I am also 5'8" and my goal is 140 (right now 143.5, but as low as 142 in the past). I thought about trying 138, and maybe someday, but I think I have too much muscle now - especially with all the serious hiking lately. Did you find yourself hovering around 142-143 at all? I honestly don't think 3 lbs will look any different on me, but it is still a goal nonetheless and I don't want to give up!
  • momandwife
    Options
    lost50 - 10 pounds at a time - I like that!! With small goals it is easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Great job!! Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:

FitShark - I hear you about that fluctuating weight!! Some mornings I wake up and am really excited about what the scale says and other days I feel BLAH!! I know I am addicted to my scale and now I find myself guessing what the scale is going to say before it comes up (it's a digital scale so it take a little bit for it to register) and a lot of times I am really close to guessing the right weight!! From morning to evening I usually fluctuate about 2 pounds. Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:

lizard9800 - Last week I did horrible about drinking my water, especially at home!! At work I do okay - not the best but okay. Now I have this cup that I use that holds 3 cups of water in it. I make it a point to drink at least 3 of those per day (9 cups total). Today I actually drank 4 of them so I had 12 cups of water ....... and yes, I feel like I have been peeing all day long because of it but I guess my body needs to flush its system. Keep up the good work ....... here's to our water drinking!! :drinker:

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!! I better hit the treadmill since it's getting to dark outside to ride my bike or walk!! :wink:
  • AJCM
    Options

My goals for this week:

Have a good one!

I have also been really lazy about drinking enough water except when I am hiking and have to pee every 30 minutes!

I also haven't logged my food in 2 weeks. It's not because I'm lazy but because I am doing an experiment. I know I won't be logging food for the rest of my life (hope not!), so I thought I would see what happens when I make good food decisions but don't log in. So far, not so bad. I am up 1 pound, but TOM is coming soon and I have eaten out 3x in the last week. The water thing might be a big factor too. Maybe if I was logging, drinking H2O and not eating out I would be at my goal! Who knows. I am still happy where I am, and I continue to get comments from people who haven't seen me in a while.

AJCM - I am also 5'8" and my goal is 140 (right now 143.5, but as low as 142 in the past). I thought about trying 138, and maybe someday, but I think I have too much muscle now - especially with all the serious hiking lately. Did you find yourself hovering around 142-143 at all? I honestly don't think 3 lbs will look any different on me, but it is still a goal nonetheless and I don't want to give up!

Yeah - I just want to see a 13... on the scale!!! I'm trying to be less hung up about the numbers, while at the same time have a goal to reach for.

Have a GREAT week and good luck at hitting your mark!
  • littlespoon
    Options
    Ok, I have been stuck for a few weeks now, so I have decided to up my calories. I am nervous to do this (as everyone is) but MFP has set my goal at 1360 cals (at .5lb per week), but I am not sure thats enough?

So I was thinking to eat almost my maintenance calories on the days I work out, and then 300 cals or so less than that on the days I dont.
    What do you guys think?

(Sorry, I posted this on another thread, but I had already done that one, then I saw this one and thought I might be more helpful)
  • AJCM
    Options
    Ok, I have been stuck for a few weeks now, so I have decided to up my calories. I am nervous to do this (as everyone is) but MFP has set my goal at 1360 cals (at .5lb per week), but I am not sure thats enough?

So I was thinking to eat almost my maintenance calories on the days I work out, and then 300 cals or so less than that on the days I dont.
    What do you guys think?

(Sorry, I posted this on another thread, but I had already done that one, then I saw this one and thought I might be more helpful)

Littlespoon - you've come to the right place! Many of us here are going through that!

I was stuck on a plateau for 5 weeks, so I decided to take the risk and up my calories. I went from eating 1200 calories a day to eating around 1700!!!! I did workout everyday though, buring around 500 cals each day. And voila, I started losing 1lb a week again!

Good luck, and mail with any questions.