Last 10 lb CHALLENGE!!! Join me?

Options

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Ugh, so I am at a plateau I have never experienced before because I have never gotten this low on the scale! Before my body would plateau at 125 lbs and I would just up the exercise. Now I am at 121 lbs and haven't seen any loss in 2 weeks! I started running at least 4.5 miles everyday now...the max being 9..maybe it'll help because I have never been that into running till lately. Its just frustrating because I am 6 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal!!!!

Ugh!

Hahaha have a good day ya'll!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so I am at a plateau I have never experienced before because I have never gotten this low on the scale! Before my body would plateau at 125 lbs and I would just up the exercise. Now I am at 121 lbs and haven't seen any loss in 2 weeks! I started running at least 4.5 miles everyday now...the max being 9..maybe it'll help because I have never been that into running till lately. Its just frustrating because I am 6 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal!!!!

Ugh!

Hahaha have a good day ya'll!

You've just answered your own question!!!! You've never been this light, so your body is taking time to adjust! Look at you!!!! Woo hoo for 121lbs!!!!!

The weight will change if you keep at it - we all know what it is like to plateau, and then, "Boom!" you will break through. Just keep workin it girl, with that pink polar, and you will be 115 in no time!!! (I think I last saw 115 on the scale in grade 5 - but then again I was 5'8" by the 8th grade!!).
    :flowerforyou:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at you AJCM!!!!!!!! Love the new pic!!!! You look fabulous!!

Congrats to you on wearing a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!

.......... here I go to do more crunches ........
  • AJCM
    Options
    WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at you AJCM!!!!!!!! Love the new pic!!!! You look fabulous!!

Congrats to you on wearing a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!

.......... here I go to do more crunches ........

You're sweet!!! I figure my body is far from perfect (even far from what many people consider "bikini ready"), but I'm wearing a bikini anyway!!! I figure I have to work what I have!
    :tongue:
  • momandwife
    Options
    As you can see from my ticker ........ I am going BACKWARDS!!!!!!!

I weighed and measured this morning - even though I didn't want to and then I REALLY didn't want to post it!! The best I got was 137 pounds ....... here I am back at 139.5 (the ticker does not account for half pounds so it shows that I have 10 pounds left).

I am really, really, really trying not to get frustrated. Though it is very, very, very hard!!!

I have read other posts about changing up your regular routine ........
    ..... don't eat the same thing day after day ......
    ..... change up your exercise routine so you use different muscles ......

So that is what I am going to try now. I have found that I do eat the same exact thing for breakfast everyday and I have been taking the same thing to work for lunch everyday. So I am trying to change that up a little bit and am trying to do different types of exercise (alternating treadmill, bicycle, Tae-Bo, pilates, elliptical, weight training)

Hopefully this will help ...... I'll take any advice anyone has too!!!!!

Thanks for all of your support - I wouldn't be able to do this without all of you MFP people!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options

I weighed and measured this morning - even though I didn't want to and then I REALLY didn't want to post it!! The best I got was 137 pounds ....... here I am back at 139.5 (the ticker does not account for half pounds so it shows that I have 10 pounds left).

I am really, really, really trying not to get frustrated. Though it is very, very, very hard!!!

So that is what I am going to try now. I have found that I do eat the same exact thing for breakfast everyday and I have been taking the same thing to work for lunch everyday. So I am trying to change that up a little bit and am trying to do different types of exercise (alternating treadmill, bicycle, Tae-Bo, pilates, elliptical, weight training)

Thanks for all of your support - I wouldn't be able to do this without all of you MFP people!!! :flowerforyou:

Temperature / sodium levels can account for 2.5lbs!!! I wouldn't sweat it!!! Keep working at it, and maybe changing up your breakfast is a good idea. Maybe adding some protein shakes for a little while?

Have you thought about the not eating enough angle? When I INCREASE my calories, I broke my plateau for two weeks. This week I was at the cottage, eating like mad, and nothing gained. Could you be eating too little?

Good luck, and hang in there!
  • momandwife
    Options

Temperature / sodium levels can account for 2.5lbs!!! I wouldn't sweat it!!! Keep working at it, and maybe changing up your breakfast is a good idea. Maybe adding some protein shakes for a little while?

Have you thought about the not eating enough angle? When I INCREASE my calories, I broke my plateau for two weeks. This week I was at the cottage, eating like mad, and nothing gained. Could you be eating too little?

I guess eating too little is a possibility. I try and log everything that enters my mouth (not always succesful - but it gives me a good idea of where I'm at calorie-wise). It's just hard to get that through my thick skull to EAT MORE ...... when I'm trying to lose weight ....... I just need to get past that and go for it ...... while still eating healthy of course. It's just that some nights after logging everything for the day I see that I'm about 300-400 calories less and I just am not hungry at all so I don't eat ...... plus I try not to eat after 7:00 p.m. That is a huge "hang up" for me!!

OK ...... I am going to stick to my guns ..... eat healthy ...... eat my calories allotted to me ...... and lose this weight!!!!!

Just curious - what protein shakes do you like?? (I've never tried them before)

Thanks for the support!!!!!!! It is greatly appreciated!!! :flowerforyou:

Hope you had a great week at the cottage!!
  • AJCM
    Options

I guess eating too little is a possibility. I try and log everything that enters my mouth (not always succesful - but it gives me a good idea of where I'm at calorie-wise). It's just hard to get that through my thick skull to EAT MORE ...... when I'm trying to lose weight ....... I just need to get past that and go for it ...... while still eating healthy of course. It's just that some nights after logging everything for the day I see that I'm about 300-400 calories less and I just am not hungry at all so I don't eat ...... plus I try not to eat after 7:00 p.m. That is a huge "hang up" for me!!

OK ...... I am going to stick to my guns ..... eat healthy ...... eat my calories allotted to me ...... and lose this weight!!!!!

Oh girl!!! There is your trouble!!! You've got to eat more!!! To break my plateau I upped my exericse AND my food...

My example:
    BMR 1800 + Exercise 600 = 2200 calories burned daily
    I created a 500 calorie daily deficit to lose 1 lb per week... so ready for this...
    I ate 1700 calories a day!!!! I was previously eating around 1200 and NOT losing!!!

Work your numbers, and eat up those calories! I worked for me, with a lose for the last two weeks (nothing lost this week, but after a week of indulging, I'm just glad I didn't gain). You have probably slowed down your metabolism a litte with the low cal - remember the two things that "stoke the metabolism fire" - eating and exericse.

Good luck and try it out!
  • momandwife
    Options

Oh girl!!! There is your trouble!!! You've got to eat more!!! To break my plateau I upped my exericse AND my food...

My example:
    BMR 1800 + Exercise 600 = 2200 calories burned daily
    I created a 500 calorie daily deficit to lose 1 lb per week... so ready for this...
    I ate 1700 calories a day!!!! I was previously eating around 1200 and NOT losing!!!

Work your numbers, and eat up those calories! I worked for me, with a lose for the last two weeks (nothing lost this week, but after a week of indulging, I'm just glad I didn't gain). You have probably slowed down your metabolism a litte with the low cal - remember the two things that "stoke the metabolism fire" - eating and exericse.

Good luck and try it out!

Thank you!!!
    Here are my numbers:
    BMR = 1318 + 600 exercise = 1918 cals burned/day
    500 calorie deficit = 1400 calories

Wow!!! Feels good to say that I need to eat more - although it is difficult for me to accept that because of the oh, so original mindset that I need to eat less to lose weight. I am determined I am going to get past that brick wall in my mind and work through this!!

Thank you so much for the eye opener!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I almost forgot about this thread.....I can join now!!!! I weigh in Thursdays, so we'll see how much closer I am when I step on the scale!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Yay!!! I almost forgot about this thread.....I can join now!!!! I weigh in Thursdays, so we'll see how much closer I am when I step on the scale!

YAY!!!!! Welcome!!!!!! You are SUCH an inspiration!
    Let's lose these last few...
  • momandwife
    Options
    Hellllllloooooooo?????? Anyone there??????

:laugh:

Must have been a busy weekend for everyone - me included!!

Well, I just HAD to post this morning. Tuesday is my weigh in day and after taking the advice of everyone (AJCM especially) I increased my calorie intake and exercised daily and .......

drumroll please ..........

I LOST!!!! I am back down to 136.5 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Honestly .... in my mind it does not make sense but I tried it and I succeeded!!! I told my husband that I was increasing my calories and increasing my exercise to get these pounds off and he thought I was crazy!! Just wait until he calls home today to check on me and the kids and I get to tell him!! I can't wait!!!

I am a believer!!! Thank you AJCM ........ Thank you MFP!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hellllllloooooooo?????? Anyone there??????

:laugh:

Must have been a busy weekend for everyone - me included!!

Well, I just HAD to post this morning. Tuesday is my weigh in day and after taking the advice of everyone (AJCM especially) I increased my calorie intake and exercised daily and .......

drumroll please ..........

I LOST!!!! I am back down to 136.5 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Honestly .... in my mind it does not make sense but I tried it and I succeeded!!! I told my husband that I was increasing my calories and increasing my exercise to get these pounds off and he thought I was crazy!! Just wait until he calls home today to check on me and the kids and I get to tell him!! I can't wait!!!

I am a believer!!! Thank you AJCM ........ Thank you MFP!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

YAHOO!!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!! You are an inspiration - see what happens when you keep going (and, well, work your butt off!). You've done so well - congrats!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Okay, you inspire me to refocus... after my vacation though! :tongue:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It seems like I am having the same problem as many on here. I have been between 143-145 for about 3 months now. For 5'8" with an athletic frame that's not bad, but I'm being a perfectionist and want to hit my goal of 140! My only comfort is that I'm still slowly losing measurement wise.
    I am going to try eating more and doing more strength training to see what happens. Did anybody else gain weight after upping their calories?? I'm worried about that....
  • momandwife
    Options
    It seems like I am having the same problem as many on here. I have been between 143-145 for about 3 months now. For 5'8" with an athletic frame that's not bad, but I'm being a perfectionist and want to hit my goal of 140! My only comfort is that I'm still slowly losing measurement wise.
    I am going to try eating more and doing more strength training to see what happens. Did anybody else gain weight after upping their calories?? I'm worried about that....

After arguing with myself back and forth as well as reading posts regarding eating more calories I was very hesitant to try eating more calories ........ but I have over the last week (as well as exercising diligently) and I have lost!!! I am still in the back of my mind worried about gaining - but as long as I am exercising it has been good so far!!!

The last few pounds are the hardest to lose - I am definitely finding that out but my measurements as well are going down slowly and I need to go through my closet, figure out what fits and doesn't fit and then GO SHOPPING!!!!

Good luck to you with the last few pounds!!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    So, I've seen 119.6 lbs on the scale the past two days...but I'm worried its just water weight because I've been exercising like a freak so I'm not going to get too excited. I'm quite the skeptic haha so I'm not going to change my ticker until I see the same numbers like 4 days in a row. I am excited however that I can even see those digits on the scale again..I haven't seen numbers like that since high school!

Yay for zigzaging calories and exercise! How is everyone else doing ? :smile:
  • momandwife
    Options
    I am still hanging in there!! I jump roped for 15 minutes on Wednesday night (I have never done it for that long - usually just 5 minutes to burn a few extra calories is what I do) and my calf muscles are KILLING me!!!! They were a little bit sore yesterday (Thursday) but today when I got up I had every intention of walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes before the kids got up and I could barely walk when I got out of bed. UGH!!! Stairs are a killer too!!! I am really glad I have the day off from work today because I am walking really funny because it hurts to dorsiflex my feet!!

So today I'm not sure how I'm going to burn calories - I did sit ups, push ups and leg raises this morning (nothing that involved my calf muscles) but that doesn't burn that many calories. We are planning to eat dinner out tonight so I was really wanting to burn quite a bit during the day today ...... hmmmmm ....... any ideas for me?? I'm at home today - only have a treadmill and some DVD's but I think most of my DVD's will hurt my calves. Any ideas would be welcome!!!! :ohwell:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

After arguing with myself back and forth as well as reading posts regarding eating more calories I was very hesitant to try eating more calories ........ but I have over the last week (as well as exercising diligently) and I have lost!!! I am still in the back of my mind worried about gaining - but as long as I am exercising it has been good so far!!!

The last few pounds are the hardest to lose - I am definitely finding that out but my measurements as well are going down slowly and I need to go through my closet, figure out what fits and doesn't fit and then GO SHOPPING!!!!

So far so good. I have upped my calories the last few days and I am LOSING! Yay! I officially hit the 40lbs gone mark today. My finance laughs when I tell him that all I do while working out is think about how hot I will look for our beach wedding in my sundress and bikini! Off to the gym to daydream....:tongue:
  • momandwife
    Options

So far so good. I have upped my calories the last few days and I am LOSING! Yay! I officially hit the 40lbs gone mark today. My finance laughs when I tell him that all I do while working out is think about how hot I will look for our beach wedding in my sundress and bikini! Off to the gym to daydream....:tongue:

Great job!!!! It still amazes me that we are eating more and losing weight!! Awesome on the 40 pounds gone today!! You will look fabulous at your beach wedding!!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    CONGRATS to everyone and there great success!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!

I just got back from vacation - we were in San Diego for the week - what a GORGEOUS city! The nicest people, and it's so true about the California pace - we were clearly east coasters with our break neck pace!

We were at a resort right on the beach, and it was just amazing. I did drink a margarita at every restaurant and bar that we stopped in (I was doing a comparative study, in the name of science - Altitude in the Gaslamp quarter won hands down!).

I weigh in tomorrow, but don't think I've gained anything (I was in a bikini all week, so I had to suck it in, and watch my portions!). It was SOOOO nice, but it feels good to be home.

Lets have a GREAT week ladies!