Last 10 lb CHALLENGE!!! Join me?

Options

Replies

• IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm now on my last 7 pounds, lost 2 pounds this week, hooray! I'm determined to have a really good week this week, I want to lose a pound so will be exercising lots and staying within my calories.
  • IndigoElectron
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    How did your first days go? It's midnight, and I'm off to bed with a hungry tummy - that is a good sign! Cardio first thing in the morning will go directly to burning body fat! :tongue:

It's interesting you see a hungry tummy as a good thing, I hate being hungry! If I go to bed on an empty stomach I end up eating in the middle of the night :grumble:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Indigo! That's awesome! Only 7lbs to go - like me! :smile:

Yeah, I'm trying to "embrace" the hungry tummy as the diet gurus recommend! Bob Greene says that for every nigth you went to bed "full" you now have to go to bed with a "grumble". He says to focus on that grumble, and visualize your body eating it's own fat... I know it sounds corny, but I'm doing it! If I think of the weeks on this plan that I've lost the most weight, it's been the weeks where I went to bed a little hungry. :flowerforyou:
  • IndigoElectron
    Options
    Well whatever works for you! And well done :flowerforyou:

Judith Beck says a similar thing in the Beck Diet Solution (which is great, although I've let it slip a bit, need to read it again and keep practising), she teaches us not to be afraid of hunger, which was an issue for me. Now I don't mind being hungry, though I won't go to bed on an empty tummy because sometimes I have a problem with eating in the night and I think it might make the problem worse.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    day one and guess what i lost 1 pound yay!!!!!!!!

start 6/2/08=145
    6/3/08=144 yippee the course has risen :laugh:

i thought that an empty/hungry stomach was bad???? that the idea of a halthy diet meant u were full but not over indulged?????? im no expert i just thing hunger is cruel punishment :grumble:

i hope everyones first day went as well as mine!!!!!!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    HUNGER...

I think people are split on this issue. I know a lot of the fitness books / trainers I have read about say you have to feel that hunger in order to be burning your own body fat. While others say to have a very small snack when the hunger hits. I think that if your problem is not knowing when to quite (like me - I ate 20 almonds instead of 5) then going hungry is good.

I personally think "do whatever works for you!". I know that even if I give into a small healthy snack, then I'm going over on the calories, and I stay stuck. When trying to break through the last few lbs, I think slight hunger is the only way for me...
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    AJ... girl, I am in!!! :flowerforyou:

I have been in the same boat with you... these last ten are hangin' on for dear life, but I'm gonna get em' OFF!!! Haha!!! :bigsmile:

I want to be at 135 lbs. by August 23rd... or before. We go to the beach that day so I definitely want to be at goal by then! :drinker: That gives me roughly 12 weeks... very attainable if I stick to it!!! That's less than a pound a week! I can do this!!! :glasses:

Diet: Lean meats, fruits, veggies, whole grains/ wheat products. Lots of water!!!

Exercise: 3-5 days a week (minimum of three, 5 is goal) of 30 minutes cardio, and 2-3 days a week weight-resistance training/ toning. Crunches every night!!!

Thanks for the motivation, girly!!! Keep the post going... so I don't lose it!!! Haha!!! :laugh:

:heart: KB
  • AJCM
    Options
    AJ... girl, I am in!!! :flowerforyou:

I have been in the same boat with you... these last ten are hangin' on for dear life, but I'm gonna get em' OFF!!! Haha!!! :bigsmile:

I want to be at 135 lbs. by August 23rd... or before. We go to the beach that day so I definitely want to be at goal by then! :drinker: That gives me roughly 12 weeks... very attainable if I stick to it!!! That's less than a pound a week! I can do this!!! :glasses:

Diet: Lean meats, fruits, veggies, whole grains/ wheat products. Lots of water!!!

Exercise: 3-5 days a week (minimum of three, 5 is goal) of 30 minutes cardio, and 2-3 days a week weight-resistance training/ toning. Crunches every night!!!

Thanks for the motivation, girly!!! Keep the post going... so I don't lose it!!! Haha!!! :laugh:

:heart: KB

Yay! Welcome KB!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Your plan sounds great - so does everyone's! Let's all post as soon as an lb is gone! ROGERS and INDIGO are already down some!!! :love: :love: :love:

Let's do it!!! My baby is napping, so I'm getting off the comp RIGHT NOW and I'm going to workout!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Plans are in action?
    :smile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I really want to join but I have been sooooo dissapointed lately :sad: :sad: Maybe this challenge is all I need to make it happen.

Last time I weighed in I was 136. Goal weight is 130, less if possible. (I will weigh in again on Friday)
    Exercise: cardio 6-7 days a week, minimum 30 mins, variety.
    weight trng 2-3 days a week, circuit trng.
    Nutrition: Stick to my calorie allowance and only eat healthy foods; veggies, fruit, whole wheat bread, lean meats, etc. Continue drinking lots of water ( I already drink an avg of 16 cups daily).

Good luck to all of you!!!!
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    ALF1163- I am like you - virtually the same weight as you (138) - my goal is 130. It is like chipping away at granite for me-- very frustrating :grumble: especially since I weighed 136 the week before last... My routine the past 3 weeks:
    M-F- 45 minutes of light/heavy cardio- i try to mix it up to burn that fat. Then I do circuit training with weights, pushups, sit-ups for about 20 minutes after that.
    Sat- quick run or very brisk walk for about 30 minutes.
    Sun- yoga or rest
    Just this week I added 30 minutes of walking in the afternoon ( i do my heavy workout in the morning)- trying to "shock" by system -- I hope. AJCM also suggested zig zag calories and I am trying to do that. I need to have the outlook AJCM has about hunger-- I hate to be hungry, but I am trying to be more hungry, as I know my eating is the thing holding these 8 lbs on...
    I'm very inspired by AJCM's challenge--this website is a life saver for me.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! :drinker: My original goal would have been 10 more lbs to go. :tongue: But this week, I added 8 more lbs to my goal :laugh: I've added more aerobics, walking 2-4 miles every night, 150 crunches every night, total of 100 pushups every day throughout the day, side bends and stretching before I go to bed. In the morning I also do crunches pushups and side bends and walk the dog 1/2 mile in the morning before work. I'm back to the food journal, I stopped for about a month, and trying to add more fruits and veggies. I was on a soup diet for a while. It worked..But wow! You can only eat so much soup...:laugh: Of course between my job and working out, I have no time for anything else what so ever...:laugh: Maybe an hour for house cleaning...I forgot what a tv was. Maybe I can turn the tv on for my strength training portion of my work out so I feel like I have a little downtime for me. :wink: But, I have to go back up to OH the weekend of July 4th for our engagement party. :drinker: The families get to meet...that should b interesting...:bigsmile: So If I can lose another 10lbs by then and meet my original goal I will be happy.:flowerforyou: After my vacation, I can work on the other 8 (hopefully I dont gain anything on my vacation...LOL) But yes I'm in....:wink:

Oh!! Another thing......At work we're having a contest. We have several terminals throughout the US and its terminal against terminal. Whoever loses the most weight wins prizes. Welllll...Since I am over my halfway mark to my goal they gave me a pedometer. At first I was like "whoopeee!!!"....sarcastically of course....but these things actually really help. :happy: I wore it my first week and didnt change anything. I was averaging 6000 steps a day. I looked it up to see what I should be getting. And I read that if you up your steps per day by 2000 steps it will contribute to weight loss and a goal of 10,000 steps every day categorizes me as "active" instead of my previous sedentary lifestyle. :bigsmile: So my goal was to add 1000 steps every week until I reached that 10,000 steps every day. and I have. Except Sundays...those are my down days...:yawn: It helps me keep track and I have started losing again. A lot of times I get 12,000 steps in. That's another thing to look into. I love it!!! :drinker:

7047.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Detox drink:

Jillian Michaels recipe for losing 5 pounds in 7 days...

* Get 60 ounces of distilled or pure water...
    * Add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice...
    * Add 1 dandelion root tea bag and...
    * Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.

This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body and...

You could lose more than 5 pounds in 7 days depending on how much excess water weight you're carrying around.

Drink everyday for seven days. (it counts as your daily water intake).

Only do it once a month.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Alf... welcome! You CAN do it! You already look AMAZING, but think of you when you hit your goal - you will be trouble!!! :love: Hard to believe you are a grandma (has she had the baby yet?)...

2catowner.. you can do it too!

kellch... welcome!

2Shoes - love the drink idea - have you tried it???

Have a great day everyone!
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    Alf... welcome! You CAN do it! You already look AMAZING, but think of you when you hit your goal - you will be trouble!!! :love: Hard to believe you are a grandma (has she had the baby yet?)...

2catowner.. you can do it too!

kellch... welcome!

2Shoes - love the drink idea - have you tried it???

Have a great day everyone!

No, I haven't, but people on that site have and they say it works. I haven't been able to go in search of the tea bags yet. My parents were visiting for 3 weeks and just left today, so I haven't been able to go look. I am definitely going to go for it though!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I know you will be successful and I'm in your corner!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm trying to "embrace" the hungry tummy as the diet gurus recommend! Bob Greene says that for every nigth you went to bed "full" you now have to go to bed with a "grumble". He says to focus on that grumble, and visualize your body eating it's own fat... I know it sounds corny, but I'm doing it! If I think of the weeks on this plan that I've lost the most weight, it's been the weeks where I went to bed a little hungry. :flowerforyou:

I have been doing the grumble growl at bedtime also. And I think it is a good thing....but wondering how and what ya'll are eating to replinsh the muscles from your workouts? I've got six lbs to go!!!!
    PS...HTH do you do 500 crunches a day?:noway:
  • 2catowner
    Options

This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body and...

You could lose more than 5 pounds in 7 days depending on how much excess water weight you're carrying around.

Only do it once a month.

? about the teabag, do you have to make a cup of tea first or do you just put the tea bag in the drink?
  • 2Shoes
    Options

Only do it once a month.

? about the teabag, do you have to make a cup of tea first or do you just put the tea bag in the drink?

I would put it in the drink.
  • 2catowner
    Options

Only do it once a month.

I would put it in the drink.

Ok, sorry to be so ignorant, but is this a hot drink then? (I'm so stupid!) :glasses: