Last 10 lb CHALLENGE!!! Join me?

Options

Replies

• chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Well sorry, posting a good weekend is not going to start with me. I ate my weight in trail mix this weekend!!

Camping with the cub scouts! HOT, Muddy, no running water...what else to do but comfort myself with trail mix! We did do alot of walking and I did take the boys out kayaking a couple of times so I did get in some exercise and since it was cub scouts, it was a 'dry' weekend!

Unfortunately the scale was not very nice to me this am.

I am very frustrated with this last 10 lbs! I just don't know what to do! :mad:
    I feel like I am not in tune with my body at all. I am all over the place with calories, inconistent work outs, and stress at work is probably not helping. My frustration is seriously affecting my motivation! HELP!!

I feel for you, I really do. I have alot of spare time since I don't have kids or a "real job"-I'm a student on summer vacaction-and finding time and motivation is still difficult. I cant imagine how hard it can be with a family and career. I just try to focus. One day at a time. I really want to achieve this goal. I don't let my bad days get me too down. I think about the new clothes I will buy when I finally lose these last pounds. :happy:

You can do it!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Chimpoco and Pmkelly... weekends ARE tough! But you are doing great, so let's get back on track! I was on vacation, and just got back last night (so I'm not even weighing myself today - air plane bloat has set in!). :flowerforyou:

Let's have a great week! Btw... Chimpoco, your weekend sounded awesome! And Pmkelly - how bad can trail mix be??? :wink: At least the QUALITY of the calories was high!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

I wanted to post my daily exercises. I think that will help me.

3 miles on treadmill.
    200 crunches on ball.
    100 bicep curls with 11 lb weights.

I have to go out tonight. I will probably have a few drinks. How bad would it be if I sacrificed some food calories to make room for some alcohol? Pretty bad, huh. Maybe I can do it just this once?:wink:

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Good luck!

200 crunches?????? thud.gif

WTG!!! :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Let's have a great week! Btw... Chimpoco, your weekend sounded awesome! And Pmkelly - how bad can trail mix be??? :wink: At least the QUALITY of the calories was high!!!

Oh, did I forget to mention the 4 smores I had too!!?? :noway:

Enjoying my big salad for lunch now, feeling much better and less bloated...just talking/writing about it helps. I am stuck in a rut and I know it, but I also know that this happens to me from time to time and just like everyone else, it will pass....
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many people on here!

I've had a good week, I lost half a pound so now only have 6 pounds to go :bigsmile:

I am a bit worried about this weekend as I'm going to see my friend for her birthday. She's having a barbecue so there will be plenty of healthy food there, but also unhealthy food and alcohol, which will be tempting... Also, I won't be able to go to the gym for 3 days, so no exercise calories to eat either :cry:

What's frustrating about these last few pounds is that every single day really counts, and a weekend could be enough to set me back quite a few weeks. But I suppose I should get used to it, because when I'm maintaining I'll only be eating 200-300 calories more than I am now! :laugh:
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    my Friday always starts out too high in calories-- I went over alot, I did a bit better Saturday- shish kabobs, with lemon martinis- but used artificial sweetners and added some water to the martini, so that watered it down in calories ( I hope) :ohwell:
    I've started adding a light workout on the weekends- I walked Saturday and ran Sunday, also painted patio furniture all afternoon Sun- so the closest I could find for calorie burn was "light housekeeping"- the painting was in the sun, so I feel like I at least sweated something off! :glasses:
    Sunday I did good on calories, I was so busy working I didn't get bored and eat:yawn:
    My usual workout during the week:
    45minutes of eliptical or spin class
    3 sets of differnt leg weight excercises
    4-5 different arm weight training - 1 set of heaviest weights I can stand.
    about 100 total stomach -different crunches on ball etc for stomach. I'm thinking about adding more stomach, but right now the whole workout takes about 66 minutes, and I don't know if I have time for anything else. ALSO, have started walking 30 minutes in the afternoons after work in addition to the routine described above...Whew, it's a good thing my kids are older (college and H.school) - otherwise I don't know how I'd do this... This is week 3 of new workouts and extra time in evenings and weekends. I hope I won't be disappointed when I get on scale Thur or Fri this week! :laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Great to see so many people on here!

I've had a good week, I lost half a pound so now only have 6 pounds to go :bigsmile:

I am a bit worried about this weekend as I'm going to see my friend for her birthday. She's having a barbecue so there will be plenty of healthy food there, but also unhealthy food and alcohol, which will be tempting... Also, I won't be able to go to the gym for 3 days, so no exercise calories to eat either :cry:

What's frustrating about these last few pounds is that every single day really counts, and a weekend could be enough to set me back quite a few weeks. But I suppose I should get used to it, because when I'm maintaining I'll only be eating 200-300 calories more than I am now! :laugh:

It's so true! If we are only losing 1lb a week (at a 1000 calorie deficit) a decadent dessert OR large meal or two OR bottle of wine :blushing: can undo all of our work!

I'm gonna focus this week and move that scale for the first time in weeks!!!!
    :tongue:
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well good luck, you can do it!! :bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Well good luck, you can do it!! :bigsmile:

Thanks Indigo - and CONGRATS on ONLY 6 LBS TO GO!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i too had a rough weekend a little stressed out but i didnt go to crazy besides eating sonic saturday night wow that was bad but i played wii afterward isnt that okay :wink:

oh well we all need our days.

still at only 1 pound lost since the start i'll get another pound off this week :noway: :noway:

lets do thid people!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    i too had a rough weekend a little stressed out but i didnt go to crazy besides eating sonic saturday night wow that was bad but i played wii afterward isnt that okay :wink:

oh well we all need our days.

still at only 1 pound lost since the start i'll get another pound off this week :noway: :noway:

lets do thid people!!!!

Ugh, the stress can be a diet killer - but good work on getting back on track!!!!
    Let's have a great week!
    :flowerforyou:
  • chimpoco
    Options
    Hi.
    I don't know where everyone is hiding. I:cry:

Well, yesterday I met my exercise goal but went over 237 calories.

Today I jogged 3 miles and walked with 5 pound weights for 3 more miles. I did bicep curls and shoulder presses almost the whole way!!

Since I'm having such a hard time with weekends, I think I'm going to start deducting calories from the week and adding them to the end. The research that I've done seems to suggest that this is ok.

I hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I stuck to my goal yesterday - ran 5 miles stayed under on my calories and had a very positive attitude too!

I have been drinking Jillian Michael's Dandelion Root Tea that someone posted last week. Has anyone else tried it? I don't know what it is doing yet, but it is definitely making me drink my 64 oz per day!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hi.

Today I jogged 3 miles and walked with 5 pound weights for 3 more miles. I did bicep curls and shoulder presses almost the whole way!!

Since I'm having such a hard time with weekends, I think I'm going to start deducting calories from the week and adding them to the end. The research that I've done seems to suggest that this is ok.

Weigth Watchers recommends this, and people have great success! The idea is you save points (in our case, calories) to consume on the weekend. It also fits in with calorie zig zagging, so this should work out well for you! How many lbs do you have left? It doesn't look like much from your pic... we have to press on!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hey there!

I stuck to my goal yesterday - ran 5 miles stayed under on my calories and had a very positive attitude too!

I have been drinking Jillian Michael's Dandelion Root Tea that someone posted last week. Has anyone else tried it? I don't know what it is doing yet, but it is definitely making me drink my 64 oz per day!

How does it taste? Do you feel any better after drinking? Just curious... I might go out and buy the stuff... :smile:
  • chimpoco
    Options
    Hi.

Weigth Watchers recommends this, and people have great success! The idea is you save points (in our case, calories) to consume on the weekend. It also fits in with calorie zig zagging, so this should work out well for you! How many lbs do you have left? It doesn't look like much from your pic... we have to press on!!!

I want to lose around 10 lbs or tone up, which ever happens first. I'm trying not to focus on numbers, though it's not easy. I hope zig zagging works for me.

Whatever you are doing seems to be working well for you.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hi.

I want to lose around 10 lbs or tone up, which ever happens first. I'm trying not to focus on numbers, though it's not easy. I hope zig zagging works for me.

Whatever you are doing seems to be working well for you.

I like your plan - 10 or tone - I am SO focused on the numbers, but trying to stop that! You are looking great, so anything at this point is just the cherry on the sundae (oh dear, shouldn't be thinking about sweets!).:tongue:

I'm going to try and adopt that attitude and stop obsessing about the scale!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Here I am again this week ....... still stuck at 138. The last few pounds are the hardest to lose! :grumble: Next week Tuesday I'll measure - I can tell a difference in my clothes so I'll cross my fingers!! :tongue:

I read everyone's encouraging words and get tips on exercise, fitness, etc. from everyone's posts ...... thank you ....... everyone!!

I had never heard of zig-zagging until reading this post ..... I like that concept!!! I find that it's hard for me to eat all of my calories on some days and go over on other days - so it's nice to know that this works for some ...... I am understanding that concept right ..... right?? :huh:

How do some of you have time to get all of that exercise in???? 3 miles jogging, 5 miles walking with weights, etc. etc. I'm lucky to get 30 minutes in per day - and many days it is split into two different segments!! I guess everyone's situation is different ...... I've got two kids (7 and 4), doing a clinical rotation for PTA school right now, house to take care of (my husband is a great help though), baseball games to go to in the evening, and I AM TIRED!!! But I still manage to DRAG myself out of bed at 5 a.m. to get a few minutes on the treadmill and some of my sit-ups done before getting the kids up and ready. :noway:

Well ...... keep on going everyone!! And keep the encouraging words going on the boards - I read them ...... even though I don't have a lot of time to post my own!! :tongue:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I have finally made it to my "early" goal...under 140...actually 139 today!!! I have been doing VBS this week at church and had to split up my exercise and it is working. I also have tried to eat more calories in the am....but not go longer than 2.5 hrs without eating something.

3-4miles first thing in am then 2 miles in afternoon
    body pump twice a week
    I have a wine every night????? Go figure?

Anyway....heading out of town for conference w/hubby....but my lovely children will be at camp grandparents! Plan to keep up am workouts at least and substitute afternoon workout for tanning by the pool....a good tan make you look thinner too!!

I can't remember the last time I was 139!! Three lbs to go and I'll be at pre-first baby weight!!!!

have a great weekend and i'll check in monday.....
  • AJCM
    Options
    Momandwife - 138!!!! That's great though!!! That is my "ideal weight" that I have stuck in my head!!! Keep on going... :tongue:

Wakwifey... great on seeing that 30's!!! And amazing exericse! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Ladies... how are we doing? I'm STILL stuck! UGH!!! I'm ready to quit, but I know I just have to hold on. Banks recommends I up my calories at this point, any thoughts? If I'm not losing this way, how could EATING MORE make me lose? I'm so torn... :grumble: :sick:

Have a great rest of the day everyone!