Fit by Summer - January

Options

Replies

• OceanAddict
    OceanAddict Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Argh - so I weighed in this morning on the Wii - and I've gained two pounds! Back up to 160. I've been on track with my food this week, so I hope this is just a water weirdness or something. Still, not what I was looking for. :grumble:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Argh - so I weighed in this morning on the Wii - and I've gained two pounds! Back up to 160. I've been on track with my food this week, so I hope this is just a water weirdness or something. Still, not what I was looking for. :grumble:

It's ok, it might just be water weight, I fluctuate between 2-5 pounds sometimes it is so weird! How do you weigh yourself on your wii?
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    hi everyone i'm sam 39 and dad of two. I would like to loose 2 stone ( yep i know thats a lot) before the the weather turns nice again. I lost about that much in the last six months of last year but put some back on over christmas and know would like to get back on track again
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I went for a 6 hour, 30 minute ride today. Burned over 2000 calories! I had been itching to ride all week so I'm glad I finally got out there!
  • SWorthington
    SWorthington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Sheila. Just joined two days ago and am excited about the support I am hoping to get. I am 43, married with a 12 yr old. I am also a full time college student. It seems like all I do is study and as such have put on 15 lbs just this last year. PLEASE keep me motivated??

SW 187
    GW 145
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Just thought that I would bump our post to the top for others to see.

I had a very 'off' weekend because my twins just turned one and we had their birthday party! So needless to say I had some cake and chips and.... Back on the bandwagon tomorrow!
  • OceanAddict
    Options
    Kept (mostly) on track this weekend. Why is it that weekends are so much more tempting than weekdays?

Andrea, I use Wii Fit Plus, which tracks my weight. It's more precise than my old analog scale, anyway. I'm hoping it's just water weight too. :D

Anyway, it's not if we fall down, it's how we pick ourselves up, right?
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hi I'm kelli. I found this site by searching for an app. I had such issues stasying on a diet. I kept wondering why I kept forgetting i was dieting!! So, I decided to make myself accountable by recording every night, and staying at 1200 cals daily. Since I began I've dropped 5 lbs. I could feel it right away and when I put my jacket on, it closed in over my belly just a tad but it felt awesome.

Anyway, I'm 41, mother of 3 boys, work as a cardiac nurse, divorced, and getting ready for the second half of my life. Glad to be here!!!

Anyway, summer??

I don't know what will happen by then but I'm ready for it. Taking it one meal at a time. Best of luck to you all!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I am definitely confident that I can reach my mini-goals and looking forward to the summer when I have reached my goal. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize (which is my wedding weight!). I have been focusing on getting rid of the baby pouch so cutting out foods (bad sugars and sodium) right now that contribute to keeping this pouch. Also adding in lower ab workouts. My 10 yr wedding anniversary will be in September and oh what a sweet gift to myself! :wink:
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    Go for it and don't let others people negativity distract you from what you want. It is their insecurities that they are trying to transfer to you. Remain strong and keep at it!
  • xtina1982
    Options
    It's a new week, a new day, a new chance to make the right choices if we maybe made the wrong choices over the weekend (like slice-n-bake chocolate chip cookies for breakfast one morning....oops)

I'm excited! :tongue:
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope you all had a great weekend.

Name Weigh In Goal – How many pounds you want to lose?

Iluvsparkles – Emily 12.5 LBS

Naembree – Natalie 20 LBS

Telcochik – Sharon 10 lbs

Alafia22 – LaToya

MissAnjy – Angela 157lbs 22lbs

Darrenw74 209lb 10lbs

Roxy0994 – Cammi 20lbs

Princess_f

Eagk19 – Elisa 35lbs

Natasha26 – Natasha 30lbs

Tmdugger – Tracy 212lbs 27lbs

Annpat28 – ANN

Smalltowngirl504 – Tricia 151lbs 13lbs

Gjspiller – Guen 40lbs

Getfitdiva – Tricia

KC1206 – Kim 40lbs

CelesteENelson – Celeste 256.8lbs 77lbs

OceanAddict – Kim

Swansj15 – Jennifer 250lbs 75lbs

Laineems – Elaine 142lbs 22lbs

Hlokty07 – Heather 213lbs

Cherbear7 29lbs

Aadler1 – Angela 50lbs

Misstmarie83 45lbs

Jules737 – Julie 22 lbs

Kkmark 142lbs 12 lbs

Oysterboy – Emma 154lbs 21 lbs

Dobsaya – Ayana 159lbs 19 lbs

Minni2906 – Mindy 201lbs 40 lbs

MJANET – Janet 215 LBS 35 lbs

2011-4mygirls – Bobbi 25lbs

Whistler86 – Roger 50lbs

Slm4 118lbs 20lbs

Bertlyne 25lbs

Katyaubreygray 177lbs 37lbs

Asltiffm – Tiffany 149.2lbs 8lbs

Jmegan22 144lbs 14lbs

Rdy2lose 193.2lbs 25lbs

Xtina1982 – Cristina 150lbs 15lbs

Andreasoulcastle 250lbs 30lbs

Schlechto – Ben 300lbs 30lbs

FrenchCanuck – Chantal 30lbs
  • mjanet
    Options
    Don't lose faith. Just keep at it. It probably is something like water retention.
  • mjanet
    Options
    It's a new week, a new day, a new chance to make the right choices if we maybe made the wrong choices over the weekend (like slice-n-bake chocolate chip cookies for breakfast one morning....oops)

Oh yes, back to routine. Weekends are so unsteady sometimes.
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree that weekends are tough.

My wife and I made several choices over the weekend that I'm proud of.

1. We went to Cheesecake Factory at the mall on Saturday, which could have been a disaster. I ate a white bean chicken chili soup, and only half of the serving size, which came out to only 440 calories.
    2. On Sunday while running errands, we resisted the temptation to go out for lunch, opting to eat home instead.
    3. We both really had the taste for margarita's, which we avoided as well.
    4. My wife and I both worked out both Saturday and Sunday.

It's all about the small victories!
  • mjanet
    Options
    I agree that weekends are tough.

My wife and I made several choices over the weekend that I'm proud of.

1. We went to Cheesecake Factory at the mall on Saturday, which could have been a disaster. I ate a white bean chicken chili soup, and only half of the serving size, which came out to only 440 calories.
    2. On Sunday while running errands, we resisted the temptation to go out for lunch, opting to eat home instead.
    3. We both really had the taste for margarita's, which we avoided as well.
    4. My wife and I both worked out both Saturday and Sunday.

It's all about the small victories!

That's great that you sticked to it. It truly is a lifestyle change, and it's a whole lot easier when your spouse is supportive! My husband just munched on cookies while watching the game last night. Just horrible. :smile:
  • OceanAddict
    Options
    Morning everyone!

So this morning I got out the tape measure, and I've lost an inch off my waist! So what if the scale isn't cooperating - I'm wearing pants today that were uncomfortably tight the last time I put them on!

My weigh in and goal aren't on the list - I'm currently 160, aiming to get down to 145 by summer.

Yay Darren for resisting temptation while eating out!
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    I went for a 6 hour, 30 minute ride today. Burned over 2000 calories! I had been itching to ride all week so I'm glad I finally got out there!

Wow that is amazing!!!
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Kept (mostly) on track this weekend. Why is it that weekends are so much more tempting than weekdays?

Andrea, I use Wii Fit Plus, which tracks my weight. It's more precise than my old analog scale, anyway. I'm hoping it's just water weight too. :D

Anyway, it's not if we fall down, it's how we pick ourselves up, right?

I know what you are saying about the weekends...I freakin had burger king yesterday, ugh.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options

That is the original cookie crisp cereal right there.