Fit by Summer - January

Options

Replies

• KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone had a good weekend! Here's to a productive week for everyone!
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great relaxing weekend and a fantastic Monday! Since it's the beginning of our 2nd week, I just want to hear how everyone is doing. I hope everyone is staying motivated and looking at the end goal. Good health, looking good and that one thing that is driving you. So what is your motivation for losing weight? What will be your reward at the end of our LONG journey?

For me it's the simple fact of feeling great about myself again. It just came to me last night, that I haven't been under 200lbs since 2007. That's 4 YEARS! :mad: But I know I can do this. Plus my hubby said that if I hit my goal weight for the summer, we'll go on a cruise to the carribbean! :love: So that's the motivation, looking good in a bathing suit!
  • mjanet
    Options
    Morning everyone!

So this morning I got out the tape measure, and I've lost an inch off my waist! So what if the scale isn't cooperating - I'm wearing pants today that were uncomfortably tight the last time I put them on!

My weigh in and goal aren't on the list - I'm currently 160, aiming to get down to 145 by summer.

Yay Darren for resisting temptation while eating out!

Great job! That means your gaining muscle and slimming down. Keep up the good work!
  • xtina1982
    Options
    calorie counts are staying right in line, NO chocolate chip cookies for breakfast (although, that was such a one-off i really don't feel too bad about it) and i've gotten in workouts both yesterday (1 hr) and today (45 mins).

no movement on the scale as of yet, but we'll see how things look in a week. :)

btw, favorite breakfast sandwich ever, 310 cals:

Thomas - Hearty Grains Double Fiber Honey Wheat English Muffin, sliced in half and toasted
    A shmear (maybe 1 tbsp) of peanut butter
    half a banana sliced on top (I eat the other half)
    Drizzle with honey

One of those in the morning will keep me going, even through a workout, until 1 or 2 in the afternoon for lunch. SO good.

Also liking a single piece of pepperidge farm or arnolds whole wheat bread, toasted, cut in half with a scrambled egg and some salsa in the middle and eaten like a sandwich. puts mcdonalds to shame. :wink:
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great relaxing weekend and a fantastic Monday! Since it's the beginning of our 2nd week, I just want to hear how everyone is doing. I hope everyone is staying motivated and looking at the end goal. Good health, looking good and that one thing that is driving you. So what is your motivation for losing weight? What will be your reward at the end of our LONG journey?

For me it's the simple fact of feeling great about myself again. It just came to me last night, that I haven't been under 200lbs since 2007. That's 4 YEARS! :mad: But I know I can do this. Plus my hubby said that if I hit my goal weight for the summer, we'll go on a cruise to the carribbean! :love: So that's the motivation, looking good in a bathing suit!

My motivation is my wedding in April. I have never really felt "good" about myself. My goal is to someday think I look good! Hopefully I'll get there by summer, and like you, look good in a bathing suit!! :]
  • colehook
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 31 yr old mom of 2active boys, 8 & 7. I am looking to lose 15 - 20lbs by summer. But my main goal is to truly feel "GOOD" about myself. That has never happened...it's always 5more lbs or 10more or if I could only afford to have this surgery or that surgery I would be happy. Well I'm not going to have this or that surgery so it's up to me. The stretch marks are here to stay :( but I will deal with it I am having my 10yr anniversary and we are going to the beach, so although a 2 piece will never be appropriate for me with my belly marks....i want to look as good as possible in that sexy one piece.

I am a chocoholic....I can have all kinds of desserts in front of me but they are not appealing unless they have chocolate in them. I am trying sooooo hard to stay away from it but it has been difficult. I have only lost 3lbs so far...but I am determined to get the weight off. I am trying to eat healthier for both myself and my kids.

Overall goal: I want to be and feel positive and beautiful!! :)
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I just am doing such a crappy job staying within my calorie range, today I did better only going over by 300 cals. I really need to get my butt to the gym tomorrow, I really want to get down one dress size bad.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I just am doing such a crappy job staying within my calorie range, today I did better only going over by 300 cals. I really need to get my butt to the gym tomorrow, I really want to get down one dress size bad.
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Hey everyone I am still here!!!

If you go over by 300 try working out to burn off that extra 300 that way you wont feel as guilty about it!!!

I am thinking about ditching WW , I wasted 60 dollars, I would much rather count calories than do WW, but they dont refund, such a shame!!
  • mjanet
    Options
    calorie counts are staying right in line, NO chocolate chip cookies for breakfast (although, that was such a one-off i really don't feel too bad about it) and i've gotten in workouts both yesterday (1 hr) and today (45 mins).

no movement on the scale as of yet, but we'll see how things look in a week. :)

btw, favorite breakfast sandwich ever, 310 cals:

Thomas - Hearty Grains Double Fiber Honey Wheat English Muffin, sliced in half and toasted
    A shmear (maybe 1 tbsp) of peanut butter
    half a banana sliced on top (I eat the other half)
    Drizzle with honey

One of those in the morning will keep me going, even through a workout, until 1 or 2 in the afternoon for lunch. SO good.

Also liking a single piece of pepperidge farm or arnolds whole wheat bread, toasted, cut in half with a scrambled egg and some salsa in the middle and eaten like a sandwich. puts mcdonalds to shame. :wink:

Good job! You'll see before you know it, youll be dropping the pounds. :) That sounds so delicious. Mmmmm. :tongue:
  • mjanet
    Options

My motivation is my wedding in April. I have never really felt "good" about myself. My goal is to someday think I look good! Hopefully I'll get there by summer, and like you, look good in a bathing suit!! :]

Lets stick to it! Before we know it, summer is here and we'll look fantastic, and you will look absolutely fabulous in your wedding!
  • mjanet
    Options

do you have your diary open to view? Just stick to it. I know you can do it, what is it that's motivating you? Just keep that in mind and don't loose focus of it. Just stick to it.
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    hi My name is Candace I joined MFP on the 23 of January!! I also joined a Bootcamp which i will be doing 3 days a week! I look forward to being a loser, and getting as fit as I possibly can by Summer and continuing until I hit my Goal! This is the first time in my life I have ever wanted to be a quitter, or Loser!! Good Luck ladies and gent positive thoughts. Looking forward to seeing you all at the finish line!!
  • akyhuston
    Options
    Hi Ann my name is amanda. I'm not sure if you ever watch the Biggest Looser but it serves as a great inspiration for me and my old man! Bob, the trainer off the show, has great tips bout "falling off the wagon" he's not a big fan of that expression he says, and I agree, "its not falling off the wagon it's just triping! And what do you do when you trip and fall? you get up dust urself off and start again"! Don't let tripping get you down! Just dust yourself off and go back at it! You can do it!!!
  • mjanet
    Options
    hi My name is Candace I joined MFP on the 23 of January!! I also joined a Bootcamp which i will be doing 3 days a week! I look forward to being a loser, and getting as fit as I possibly can by Summer and continuing until I hit my Goal! This is the first time in my life I have ever wanted to be a quitter, or Loser!! Good Luck ladies and gent positive thoughts. Looking forward to seeing you all at the finish line!!

Welcome Candace! I'll see you at the finish line. :drinker:
  • tj1971
    tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Tammy. I have too much to lose to reach my goal weight by summer but could use the help staying motivated and keeping me on track. I work part time from home so "staying strong" can be challenging sometimes. I will also be going to Mexico in March as we do almost every year, it's always hard getting back into the swing of things when we return though. I'd love to be part of the group.
  • mjanet
    Options
    Hi Ann my name is amanda. I'm not sure if you ever watch the Biggest Looser but it serves as a great inspiration for me and my old man! Bob, the trainer off the show, has great tips bout "falling off the wagon" he's not a big fan of that expression he says, and I agree, "its not falling off the wagon it's just triping! And what do you do when you trip and fall? you get up dust urself off and start again"! Don't let tripping get you down! Just dust yourself off and go back at it! You can do it!!!

OMG I sooo love those types of shows! Right now I'm addicted to Heavy on A&E! Just the transformation of some of the individuals on there is amazing! It truly gets me motivated.
  • mjanet
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Tammy. I have too much to lose to reach my goal weight by summer but could use the help staying motivated and keeping me on track. I work part time from home so "staying strong" can be challenging sometimes. I will also be going to Mexico in March as we do almost every year, it's always hard getting back into the swing of things when we return though. I'd love to be part of the group.

Hi Tammy! welcome and lets stay strong together than. :smile: We're all here for you.
  • mjanet
    Options
    So today, my body is feeling good, but it seems that I'm hungry. Lol. I feel a little run down but that's to be expected I guess from the pushing my body to eating the right things and working out.

Boy o boy, last night I did not want to do anything. Didn't want to work out or anything, but I got on that treadmill and did my thing. Feels good, I know it's too soon to see any difference, but I swear i know my stomach is shrinking. Heres to not losing sight of my goals and dreams of being healthy and beautiful. :drinker:
  • tj1971
    tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I guess I should add that I currently weigh 192 (lost 7 lbs. over the last 2 weeks since getting serious) and would be very happy at 150. I'm 5'3" and know that technically I should weigh less than that but I'm really trying to live in my reality and 150 would have me ecstatic!