The Daily Water Cooler Thread

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Well I did fine for breakfast and thought i was doing well at lunch but when I looked up my salad from Potbelly it was 750 calories!!!!!!!:huh: Then my son had a late track meet so my hubbie and I decided to go to dinner at a restaurant we've been meaning to try. Well after a hard week I had a margeurita and then they had build your own bloody mary's so I had one of those too with all the fixings to go in it. I also had a build your own burger and it was the best hamburger I've ever had! Needless to say I'm not logging that meal and looking at it as a lapse, but fun, and will do better tomorrow. Tomorrow is cleaning day so I'll burn some calories there and then I can walk to burn some more. My tummy hurts from the spice in the bloody mary so I guess I'll pay for it with my digestion later. Oh well, life goes on and the journey will be long for me anyway... My goal is 60 pounds over 2 years so I'll keep on chugging...:drinker:

Talk to you all tomorrow! Time for bed...:yawn:
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    mmmm....burger.....

TGIF!! working a headache - but don't care - soon and very soon - two days off!! boy do I have a story about yesterday for ya'll!:noway:

later beauties!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning All,

Already did my exercises of Yoga and Stepping on the Wii. Had my three glasses of water and now
    I want my coffee. !!!

Going to do some grocery shopping today. It is a holiday here in Canada today so nothing is open.

My oldest daughter comes today for the Easter weekend and my youngest went to her in-laws for
    the holiday. Oh and I am getting my dog fix on Saturday, I will be babysitting a chocolate brown Lab
    named Maddie and she is a really sweet dog. Yay me!

See you guys later and have a great day !!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    We're having our Easter dinner on Saturday with some family coming over. My middle son will be home from college too. I'm procrastinating on the cleaning until the morning so the animals don't undo everything with their shedding. So I must do one of my DVD's or On Demand exercise workouts later. My youngest son got his driver's license and is out with the car for the first time alone. Yikes!! Constant worry with children isn't it?

mizpaden-what's your story about?
    Shirley-WTG with your exercise already done today. I have a sore throat and had to go to Minute Clinic for a strep test. Already been out doing errands and now plan to relax before I do some exercise later on.

More later,
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Alright luvlies - gather around for this...picture if you will receiving a phone call from DHS (that would be department of homeland securtiy!) when they are 5 minutes away from your facility because they received a tip that someone is working there under false id. Ooohhh. Neat. Now, there are nearly 1000 'people' out there. DHS shows up with a picture. No name or SSN to search via. The three of us helping in HR are not truly HR since they are in 'transition' looking for people. In addition I have only been with the company 9 months and don't know very many people anyway. The one lady from up front (the benefits director who the senior team is trying to push out) just says she doesn't know him and was going to leave it at that. I asked, "shouldn't we call the managers up and see if they recognize him?" She goes, "but we don't know which one." "Uh, I know." "That's why we should prolly call up all we can get ahold of." Not that I was trying to get anyone busted, but seriously, don't we want to do everything we can to look like we are trying to locate the DHS fugitive? Anywho. Along with this - we had been compliling a folder of questionable id documents from the last few months that we couldn't disqualify , but just didn't make sense. We had a rash of MO id's that were perfect, but people had no work history or living in MO. So we forked those over to these dhs dudes and they id's one immediately as felonious for using another ssn. Got to bring him up and ended up with him being HANDCUFFED and perp walked out. Holy friggin crap. The director of mfg told us that wasn't the first time he's been through that. That at least this guy just went along quietly, unlike some that quick and scream. ???WTH??? I worked nearly eight years in mfg back in the day and NEVER experienced this and to think it's not unusual! HATE!!!! STRESS!!!! I just want to come in sit my happy butt down and work. That's why I changed departments to systems. It's mostly data. But NOOO - you 'get' to help out in HR because you are a team-player. You are a partner in pride. ARGH!!!! Oh, and we'll certainly be seeing our DHS dudes again. Good times.

Deep cleansing breath....

Make-up soccer for the 10-year-old this morning. Need to make a salad for Easter as sis' tomorrow. Study, laundry, hose-down, pull weeds if it doesn't rain, dye eggs, fill eggs, get thee butts to church. It's gonna to be hard to truly enjoy the holiday tomorrow - it's my moms favorite and all I can think about is all I have to do.

J- surely you have devised ways of surviving the drive right? I am going to be looking to you for help on how to handle that! Here, since we live in the 'country' I am less than four years from having a driver (school permit at 14). Holy aioli!

Hope all of you beauties are going to be around family/friends/loved ones of some sort and enjoy and treasure what God has given us. :heart:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    WOW !! What a happening. Made your day full of excitement.
    Homeland security don't fool around. I cross the border everyday and see
    them quite often looking for someone. Glad you succeeded getting him.

Went shopping and did groceries and it was a friggin zoo with people.
    My sister-in-law is doing dinner tomorrow. I am bringing a DQ Easter cake
    for the twins who will be there. I am trying to watch calories today so I can
    indulge tomorrow.

Babysitting Maddie today (Chocolate Lab) and she looks bored. No kids to play
    with here only grown ups. I will take her for a walk later. Just got back from shopping
    and I am tired fighting the crowds. All I have been doing is cleaning her paws because it
    poured rain yesterday and we have nothing but mud around.

Weather is beautiful today with sunshine and warmer temps for a change. I have
    the windows open in the house.

If I don't get back on the computer Have a Wonderful Easter to all your Friends and Family !!
    :bigsmile:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Well my son made it out and home again in the car and did a fine job. I'm glad he is so mature for his age and very conscienteous (sp?). Today my middle son was home from college and came over for an early Easter dinner. He eats with his Dad tomorrow. Hubbie's brother and significant other also came and ate with us. It was a nice time and we had a scrumptious ham dinner.

Wow what a story mizpaden! Exciting day at work catching fugitives. I would bet more of that goes on than we know with the whole illegal immigrant and terrorist stuff that seems to be the norm now. Was the guy they took away the one they were looking for or just a bonus catch?

My throat is still sore tonight and I haven't heard the results of my strep test yet. Normally strep puts me on the floor with pain so this is probably just tonsillitis.

Well I'm getting tired and ready to take my Nyquil. Have a hoppin' Easter Sunday with egg hunts, candy, and a good dinner with family if you celebrate.:drinker:

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Hoppy Easter all! I haven't been tracking, but am just trying to pay attentnion to fullness levels and not stuff. Boys have already ripped through their Easter box (growing up my Grandpa always had us make a box with our name on it, such a good memory, have continued that with kiddos), small toy and a bunch of individual snack pack type stuff that I don't normally buy. They seem pleased. Today? Cheezy taters. mmm....
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Well it isn't strep so just a cold with tonsillitis and maybe a little pink eye, yuk! Today is beautiful and we walked on a trail for 45 minutes with the sun shining. Such a treat considering the weather lately. No cooking or cleaning today. The house looks good and we are lazy so just reading, talking, snacking. Went out for breakfast/early lunch and that was our meal of the day. I have pretzels and dip for later when I watch a movie. Not great choices but that's the way I am today. Day off tomorrow for me so may go shopping for something new to wear...

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I don't regret indulging this weekend - the extra calories were worth it - I just wish today I didn't feel like I am completely starving all the time. Bah.

Kiddos had a great time playing with their cuz's and I enjoyed seeing them have so much fun.

Having a hard time getting psyched up for what this week will bring work-wise. Don't know how much longer I can keep up this level frenzy - not much.

Hope you are enjoying your day off J and feeling better!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Feel better Jenny.

Easter dinner was delicious not cooked by me but my sister-in-law.
    The twins were there and went hunting for eggs around her house.
    She is the grandma ma ma. We also got some Easter chocolate from her
    which was nice.
    Didn't do too bad on the food that day, had some chocolate and some wine
    and ate normal didn't stuff myself.
    Watched Maddie over night (chocolate lab) she was adorable and really good.
    I will watch her again in a heart beat.
    This weekend my mother-in-law will be going back to her house in Northern
    Ontario so I will be watching my sister-in-laws dog overnight. This one is a
    black lab with issues and health problems. Pray for me :cry:
    Back to work today and not feeling it. Weather here is gray and gloomy.
    It is supposed to warm up but rain mostly the week. :sad:
    Have a good Monday all!!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

My what a weekend :smile: i love holidays! and I, like mizpaden, don't regret over-indulging a little over the weekend; it was worth it! :tongue:

MAN was it nice weather here in Seattle Friday and Saturday. it actually felt like spring!! was around 60 degrees I think- but of course back to cold and drizzle for awhile, we don't get the nice weather regularly for awhile. The sun was such a nice break though :wink:

Saturday I was notrified myself wonderfully all day, ate very well- I think I even made a decent dinner choice! I went out to an italian restaurant with my best friend- dangerous, right? Italian food.... LOVE ITTTT! But oh so many calories and fat in tahat pasta, cheese and sauce. I chose Chicken marsala with angel hair pasta and veggies- they didn't have a calorie menu but it was prepared (i think) similar to olive garden's so I just went for that in the food diary. While it did take me a couple hundred over for the day it was WAY WORTH IT! so yummy. Plus in my opinion a couple hundred isn't a big deal considering MFP has us at a deficit anyhow- I probably just ate to maintainence level. Sunday was a nice quiet family day just mom and I. We dyed eggs just beacuse it's fun and we love hard boiled eggs and made a yummy ham roasted potatoe and veg dinner together (which I'm sure racked up calories- I didnt do any counting sunday) and I indulged in some easter candy- whoppers robins eggs. mmmmmm

so, all in all a nice weekend :smile: no exercise except for washing my car saturday (I worked really hard on it for about 45 minutes inside and out- it was FILTHY!! Around here there's no point in washing it in the winter when you've got an older car so it hadn't seen soap in over 6 months at least!) I'll try to catch up this week- eat well and exercise when I can. I have a couple of pit falls though- this week's the nursing conference on wed, so I'll eat what's given and hope it's not too bad and exercise after I get home. Then Friday and Saturday there are some friends from out of town coming in so I'll be going out to dinner both nights and be drinking at bars in the evenings, but it'll be worth it because i'll have a lot of fun!! :tongue: Just count this week as "i'll do the best I can and catch up next week"

Jenny, sorry you're sick! It's going around.....

Shirly and mizpaden, sounds like you both had wonderful family filled weekends!

I think we all deserved every bit of indulging we did this weekend!! We all know we'll get back on track very easily.

Have a good day ladies!! I have a very healthy veg and fruit and protein day planned for myself with exercise this evening :smile:
  • Starlage
    Options
    oh, and I took a new pic of myself this weekend :smile: this one won out of the dozen or so I took
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Starla-glamorous pic of you! Beautiful! I need a new pic too. Mine is at least 4 years old. I hate getting my photo taken. Maybe soon...
    I went shopping at the mall today for my day off. I bought new bras so maybe now I will be perky rather than saggy. I also shopped in the misses dept. rather than the women's and bought a pair of jeans and two shirts. So it felt good to be able to button the jeans and see the shirts fit me.

I sat on the patio in the sun reading my magazine and got some color too! All in all a good day off. Snow coming tomorrow or Wednesday supposedly. What the heck!!!!!!

Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter and family time. That's what it's all about....

Off to Zumba to burn some calories and fat!

Jenny
  • Starlage
    Options
    Man, with how indulgent I was over the weekend I'm surprised that I only gained half a pound! Maybe my metabolism has learned a thing or two. Even though I've gained .5 I'm still happy because I didn't gain more! Whoo! Tmrw's the nursing conference so it'll be a challenge to eat properly and drink enough water (who wants to be the lady leaving every meetings for the potty every 30-60 mins!) but I'll do the best I can, and like I said before plan on exercising after I get home :smile:

I acutally ate in the hospital's cafeteria today- very rare occasion. For a hospital the food's usually pretty unhealthy and overpriced but I couldn't pass up the stroganoff. Luckily no cream or sour cream used so it was a little 'healthier' than usual and I had a hearty serving of veggies with it. and in turn I'll have a salad for dinner :happy: very nice compromise if I do say so my self.

Have a good night ladies!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    You're making great choices Starla. I went to the dentist for a cleaning after work. Weather here is gray and rainy all day. I'm tired and still have lots of paperwork I need to do tonight. I'm making a decision not to exercise so I'll need to watch my calories at dinner. I may be a little over but I did okay today so not a huge deal to me. Tomorrow night is Zumba again so I will work very hard to burn lots of calories then. Maybe the weather will be nice by the weekend for gardening, walking, and maybe getting my bike out and taking it for a spin!

Have a nice eve!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    gurgle....gah....only...Thursday....
  • jrbanta
    Options
    mizpaden- rough week? Busy on this end and the weather stinks in Minnesota which doesn't make for a good disposition or having energy to do anything. What's up?

I made an appt. for acupuncture for next week to help with my arthritis in my knees and hands. It's gotten worse this winter and with all the exercising I'm really feeling it. I need to get the weight off to put less stress on my joints! I did acupuncture a few years ago and it really worked. Now my insurance covers 15 visits per year with a small copay so I'm going to do it again. Loved it!

Tonight I'm planning to walk 4 - 5 miles and do resistance bands. I've done Zumba twice this week and feel really good. Haven't weighed myself lately so don't know if I've lost or not. May weight on Friday. Such a snail paced journey for me.:ohwell:

Have a nice day everyone!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Mitzpaden: May your week get better :flowerforyou:

Jenny: I know what you mean about arthritis, I have the ostearthritis in my lower back and hands.
    I just try to ignore the pain sometimes. When I exercise I do feel it more. You would think you would feel
    better with all the good we are doing. I over did the exercise on Tuesday night and my lower back is
    sore. I have a reclining board I use when it gets bad. I used it last night and no relief yet. Will have to use
    a few more times this week. It puts you upside down and relieves any pressure in your back. Have not
    done the acupuncture yet.

The temperature here got 80 degrees yesterday and then a big rain storm hit and now our temps will be in the
    50's again. :cry:

Well still debating if I am getting up early to watch Will and Kate get married. I might try to 5:00 or 6:00 am but I
    am not doing 4:00 am. :noway: I am off the next day so I can nap if I need to. :yawn:

Have a great day everyone. !!
  • Starlage
    Options
    acupuncture! I always hear wonderful things about that but have never had a reason to try it (thankfully). Hope it helps you Jenny :smile: It's amazing how most insurance companies have finally broadened coverage for naturopathy and alternative medacine therapies isn't it? I don't have arthritis but I do unfortunately have scoliosis. I don't feel the need for chiropractic care as long as I keep up yoga and other things that'll strengthen my core. It'll never be perfectly comfortable but I can keep it tolerable or at least mostly unnoticable as far as discomfort goes. It's amazing the amount of discomfort your body adjusts to over time.

Anyways, went to the nursing conference yesterday and was disappointed- it turned out boring. There weren't very many interesting talks so I didn't learn anything new, but hey at least I didn't pay to attend- my employer paid the fees and I was paid my regular salary for the day so I can't complain too much :ohwell: and hey at least I got a free breakfast and lunch! Breakfast was easy to choose better choices- hard boiled egg, medium banana muffin and some fruit then lunch they served salad, rice, and teryaki chicken. and.... BROWNIES. oh my god they were so good. I had one after lunch, then they were still around in the afternoon during break when I was hungry again so I had another. TERRIBLE! lol. Definitely worth it though. I did two nice work outs when I got home though- a dance-ish type dvd (called crunch bikini body, kind of aerobics with some dance moves and a little pilates- always makes me sore the next day) and did my MTV yoga dvd so all in all a good day :smile: I bravely stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find an unbudged scale number :happy: i expected to be half a pound up from the crazy amount of sodium i ingested yesterday, figuired i'd retain water.

Back on track today and tomorrow then this weekend I'll have two challenging evenings that i've yet to decide whether i'll be strict with myself on choices or just eat what I want within limits- not go crazy but enjoy. Then there's the alcohol factor- I need to figure out what's the best choice and stick with it through both evenings! I'm a typical girl- I usually tend toward sweet things like wine or sugary cocktails so I've got to figure out what I can order a few of throughout the night and not gain weight from the sugar. On the other hand I just may count the whole weekend until sunday off and not pay attention..... what do you guys think I should do? Friday night I'm celebrating two birthdays at a dinner @ anthony's lake front restaurant on lake washington then going to a karaoke bar in the evening and saturday going out to a burlesque show and dinner in the evening. During the day I'll eat well and try to exercise both days to make up some of the calories and eat light to leave room for extra.... and of course drink lots of water and limit myself to three drinks per evening- no one needs more than that.... give me some opinions my more experienced friends!

gotta get back to work :wink: