The Daily Water Cooler Thread

Options

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    don't have time to do a detailed checkin or read your check-ins, busy day :o)

BUT, I'm a pound down, YAYYY! good ol' lean cuisine's are helping me cut calories. I also stopped eating crackers for a morning snack and changed to berries since they're in season and oh so yummy!

I also decided- when I hit the 20lb mark I'm going to reward myself with a new belly button ring! I got it pierced when I was 16 and have had the same ring since probably 18 or so, so it's time to reward myself with a new one once I get to that 20lbs down mark. Then of course when I hit my final 30 someday I'll get myself some new clothes :happy: :happy:

gotta get busy! Have a great Friday ladies!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Work is over for 4 weeks. Ended the day at happy hour and then off to a graduation party. Just got home. Two weeks of fattening foods and minimal exercise. Don't want to see what the scale has to say. Tomorrow begins good choices and exercise again. Lots to do in my house before I can leave for Michigan to see family...

Marla-you are cruisin' with your exercise! WTG!
    Starla-Congrats on more pounds lost! Nice to reward yourself as you progress towards your goal.
    Shirley- Have a fun party and congrats on your two pound loss. You will do fine this summer. Just get your exercise in and stay active.

Need some time to unwind and visit with hubbie. Haven't had a chance yet tonight...

Good Night!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Looks like rain again today but so far nothing. I took my car to the car wash now for sure it will rain.:cry:

Last night went out for dinner with sister and brother in law and ate 10 chicken wings, and had one
    Sangria:drinker: Needles to say, I didn't track dinner even though I was good all day.:bigsmile:

Tonight Renaming and Non-renaming of boats party. Should be fun and again trying to be good all day
    so I can indulge a little. :drinker:

Did my 35 min. walk this morning and now downing my water all day.

Have a wonderful day ladies and enjoy!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm still around just more quiet than usual. I'm off course with eating and exercising, still in a slump from a bad work year and have no routine to speak of. Hubbie suggested I leave for Michigan a week early and he and my son will follow the next weekend. He thinks spending time with my sister and friends and relaxing on the beach alone may help me rejuvenate. My sister said she would have me for the full 3 weeks and my hubbie and son will be with me for 2. This way I can spend more time with my mom, look up old friends, and try to get back a routine of eating right and exercise. I'm taking my bike and plan to walk the beach and around the lake. So I leave Saturday or Sunday next weekend but will check in each day if my sister's computer is working. Hopefully being away will help me readjust my attitude!

Shirley-how did the boat naming/un-naming party go?

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,729 Member
    Options
    Sounds like just the ticket dear J!!

I feel icky - my eyes are all puffed up - I obviously got into something that I am having a reaction to. Don't know what tho - took a bunch of benedryl yesterday, to no avail just made me feel ickier - guess I'm heading to doc-land today. whee.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Marla-Were you gardening? Hope you feel better soon!

I'm enjoying my coffee then outside to weed my gardens and shrub areas. Huge to do list before I leave for 3 weeks. What am I thinking?????

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Girls:

Naming-nonrenaming party went well and we stayed overnight on the boat with my daughter.
    Got up early and went home to shower and change and go across the border for the
    Arts Festival. Needless to say, my two pounds is back after the weekend AGAIN!
    Talk about a roller coaster ride on my weight. :ohwell:
    I will walk today at lunch and stay active and eat right all week. :happy:

The Arts Festival was fun and it was a cool day and nice to see all the artists and crafters.

Hubby took our old boat and sailed back with new owner and her two friends. The trip
    usually takes around 5 hours. My husband was so frustrated, it took 7 hours and they
    were all trying to outdo each other and one knew more than the other.
    At one point he said they were going in circles, so he had to take the helm and get
    back on track. He was exhausted when he got home. :yawn:

My daughter brought her pictures of Paris and Amsterdam and they were awesome.
    She had them on a disk with music. They took 500 pictures.

Jenny: Hope you have a great vacation and get back to your old self.:drinker:

Have a good Monday everyone !
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Glad you had a fun weekend Shirley (mostly!) - weekends are always hard to not indulge - I tend to spend the whole week undoing whatever I did on the weekend!

Enjoy your garden time - sometimes the monotony of weed pulling can be very Zen. Ohhmmmm....

Apparently my reaction could be either environmental or bacterial so I am on a steroid and an antibiotic - one way or another - hopefully I'll be de-puffed soon. Crazy week with camps/activities/etc with the kids - fortunately my nephew is able to help shuffle them around. Thank Goodness!!!

Later luvs
  • Starlage
    Options
    Well, I need a break from calorie counting. I'm not going to log this week- I'll likely still drop in here though :o) I enjoy it too much! I feel a burn-out coming on if I don't give myself I break from the super-detailed calorie counting. Still going to eat my healthy diet and exercise every day but liek I said- no diary this week! I'll start back up next monday. Mini-vacation for myself :o). I feel so good these days with ten pounds off, love handles and booty more toned- I deserve a diary break; to eat and exercise like a normal person!

I took my cat's stitches out this weekend from getting her spayed a couple of weeks ago- she's healing wonderfully! I made the mistake of trying to hold her and calm her down right after I was finished so she got a tiny scratch on my cheek while she was trying to get away... but oh well. neosporin will get rid of that and it's small and shallow enough that make-up pretty much covers it!

I'm REALLY thinking about tracy anderson's metamorphosis thing. I keep seeing informercials, it's calling to me! Turned on the tv this mornign and guess what was on! haha. I've been trolling ebay watching for used versions but I'm betting that I break down and buy the whole thing new pretty soon- i can get it off her website for 3 $30 payments- that's affordable for 3 dvds with 9 30 minute exericises, one longer cardio dvd, her eating plan (which i may or maynot try.. haven't decided yet), a measuring tape and a weight and measurement diary (which I obviously don't need thanks to MFP. We'll see what I do. I REALLY feel like her moves are why I've toned like I have and why I feel stronger.

Better get back to work, talk to you later ladies!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    yea for you Starla - and you certainly deserve to take a break - you are doing fantastic! Do hope you still drop by for drink tho - we luv ya! :drinker:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Starla you've been doing great so just stick to your plan whether you log or not. I know what you mean. Some days I start out logging but never get back to finish the end of the day. Haven't been on the scale in awhile but know I must be up a little bit. Should probably scare myself by stepping on it. That would turn things around!

Getting through the to-do list one item at a time so I can leave for MI. I must be a little bit crazy to plan to spend 3 weeks away living at my sisters. Even though hubbie and son will join me next weekend I still feel like I'm running away :ohwell:

I went to knitting group last night and finally finished my scarf that should have only taken me 2 days to knit but took me 4 months of knitting 1 night per month! Now I have a sweater to finish that I've been working on for 4 years but barely pick up to knit on. The woman who hosted the evening showed us a slide show of her recent visit to China. She went with her husband on his business trip. The Great Wall was very impressive! Lots of smog there and she said she could smell sewage in the city.

Well I need to get dressed and start my to-do list for today. Have a nice one ladies!:bigsmile:

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Ladies:

New day and feel better today. :flowerforyou: Yesterday was a crappy day at work for me.
    I had to trouble shoot our postage meter which was not working.
    Pitney Bowes does not like to send a serviceman, but our scale is out of
    whack and I tried everything they suggested. So serviceman will be here
    on Wednesday to look at it. it is so frustrating to talk to them because their rep's
    English is not very good. Anyway, thanks for listening to me *****.:grumble:

New day and things are better today. We have all the big guns here today
    interviewing a new attorney for our office. I guess we are finally expanding.

Yesterday was a good exercise day, I did 25 mins. walking plus 30 mins
    Wii strength training. Trying to get back down again from the weekend. :tongue:

This weekend on Saturday is my nephew's wife's 40th birthday party at their
    house. :drinker: Yes there will be drinking and eating again. But this time I
    can walk away from the food and just talk to people. Easy Peasy!:drinker:

Sunday is Fathers Day and my girls are coming down and we will probably
    go for a sail weather permitting. I don't know where this hot and dry summer
    is they are talking about. :sad:

Starla: Glad your kitty is doing better and on the way to playing and cuddling.

I will leave you with some words of wisdom:

<<<<Instead of counting your days, make your days COUNT>>>>

Have a good one!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    feel like dookey...the meds are bringing down the swelling/puffiness, but are also making me nauseous - unfortunately, I'm not the type who doesn't eat when I get nauseous - I have to eat all time to keep the yucks down... constantly needing a bite of cracker, a bite of bread, a bite of bagel... sigh...when this is over I'll have to 'detox' yet again - whipee - neverending battle it tis.

:sick:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Marla, I'm the same way when I get nauseous, I have to munch on carbs such as crackers or toast. Hope you feel better soon!

I finally exercised walking 3 miles with my Leslie Sansone DVD. It's rainy today so now I'm off to make a smoothie, shower, do errands and organize a bedroom. Good day for it!

Jenny
  • Starlage
    Options
    hi girls!

It's so nice not counting every little thing I put in my mouth. Well, it still counts because I am still eating healthy but it's nice not to log everything :smile: I'll get back to that though next week since it has helped me up until now.

I'm officially on the ebay hunt for tracy anderson's newest metamorphosis program! I really want it. You get a cardio dvd and 3 strength training dvds with three 30 minute workouts on each (9 total) she has a specific order you follow them in so that you're changing which and what way muscles are working so that you "keep them guessing" so every day you do the 30min cardio and a 30min strength. I like her moves enough that I want to give it a try but am determined to pay less than $100!

wish me luck :o)
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    this weeks yucks brought to you by prednisone and bactrim - tonights slightly appeased stomach brought to you by Nestle via mini chocolate drumsticks, the puffy faced picture I hate to look at brought to you by same. Sigh....
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Oh Marla you still aren't feeling better? So sorry... How much longer on the meds?:sick:

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    thx J - couple more days - reaching towards a better weekend!! :sick:

Of course, then I found ants in the kitchen. ANTS!!! I hate ants. Dirty, nasty little-mothers. Friggin' ants. :grumble: :explode:

Good job to you and Shirley on the great food days - keep it up - you are inspiring me to plug on!:smile:
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    ...just saw this and had to share with you wonderful water cooler drinkers...

Good morning/evening all of my MFP friends. I chose this one so that you all may know that I consider you all friends to me. Friends are people that support you, laugh with you and get things done with you. We make a great team and together all of us will achieve our goal on here together, but as I have said many of times on here. There is one part that everyone needs to make sure you are doing in your quest for happiness, and that is to help others. Share those heartprints today with someone that isn't wearing their smile. Share a hug with someone or simply a quick hello. You have change that persons life forever. For one act of kindness is easily shared with someone else and then someone else and well someone else. PASS IT AROUND!!

Much love all!

Cheers

Heartprints

Written By: Praveen

Whatever our hands touch—
    We leave fingerprints!
    On walls, on furniture,
    On doorknobs, dishes, books,
    As we touch we leave our identity.

Oh please where ever I go today,
    Help me leave heartprints!
    Heartprints of compassion
    Of understanding and love.
    Heartprints of kindness
    and genuine concern.

May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
    Or a runaway daughter,
    Or an anxious mother,
    Or, perhaps, a dear friend!

I shall go out today
    To leave heartprints,
    And if someone should say
    “I felt your touch,”
    May that one sense be…YOUR LOVE
    Touching through ME.

This is to all the wonderful people
    I have met!

I offer you my hand in friendship
    so that when you reach out in times of need,
    you can be certain that I’ll always be there.
    when it returns to you,
    you’ll know who’ll be your friends for life!!!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    ok - did 'heartwarming' here is ROTFL...

The Bathing Suit (by a middle-age woman, unknown)

When I was a child in the 1950s, the bathing suit for the mature figure was boned, trussed and reinforced, not so much sewn as engineered. They were built to hold back and uplift, and they did a good job.

Today's stretch fabrics are designed for the prepubescent girl with a figure carved from a potato chip.

The mature woman has a choice -- she can either go up front to the maternity department and try on a floral suit with a skirt, coming away looking like a hippopotamus that escaped from Disney's Fantasia, or she can wander around every run-of-the-mill department store trying to make a sensible choice from what amounts to a designer range of fluorescent rubber bands.

What choice did I have? I wandered around, made my sensible choice and entered the chamber of horrors known as the fitting room. The first thing I noticed was the extraordinary tensile strength of the stretch material. The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe, by NASA to launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added bonus that if you manage to actually lever yourself into one, you would be protected from shark attacks. Any shark taking a swipe at your passing midriff would immediately suffer whiplash.

I fought my way into the bathing suit, but as I twanged the shoulder strap in place I gasped in horror: my boobs had disappeared!

Eventually, I found one boob cowering under my left armpit. It took a while to find the other. At last I located it flattened beside my seventh rib.

The problem is that modern bathing suits have no bra cups. The mature woman is meant to wear her boobs spread across her chest like a speed bump. I realigned my speed bump and lurched toward the mirror to take a full view assessment.

The bathing suit fit all right, but unfortunately it only fit those bits of me willing to stay inside it. The rest of me oozed out rebelliously from top, bottom and sides. I looked like a lump of Playdoh wearing undersized cling wrap.

As I tried to work out where all those extra bits had come from, the prepubescent sales girl popped her head through the curtain, 'Oh, there you are,' she said, admiring the bathing suit.

I replied that I wasn't so sure and asked what else she had to show me. I tried on a cream crinkled one that made me look like a lump of masking tape, and a floral two-piece that gave the appearance of an oversized napkin in a serving ring.

I struggled into a pair of leopard-skin bathers with ragged frills and came out looking like Tarzan's Jane, pregnant with triplets and having a rough day.

I tried on a black number with a midriff and looked like a jellyfish in mourning.

I tried on a bright pink pair with such a high cut leg I thought I would have to wax my eyebrows to wear them.

Finally, I found a suit that fit...a two-piece affair with a shorts-style bottom and a loose blouse-type top. It was cheap, comfortable, and bulge-friendly, so I bought it. My ridiculous search had a successful outcome, I figured.

When I got it home, I found a label that read: 'Material might become transparent in water'.

So, if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this year and I'm there too, I'll be the one in cut-off jeans and a T-shirt!

You'd better be laughing or rolling on the floor by this time. Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain. With or without a bathing suit.