Cathe Fans Part 4!

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was S90 Cardio Challenge and Core Dynamics. That is it for the S90 workouts, I really had a great time with the rotation. I will be using these workouts through my next rotation, so I am still getting my monies worth. Some of the things that I noticed about my body with the conclusion: My shoulders, arms and legs are more toned. My abs are stronger, and I can see them (would have been better if I would have been able to stay on the eating), I didn't lose a lot of weight (don't really have a lot to get rid of though). Overall I'm pleased with the results, and will attempt another modified S90 rotation in the future. :wink:

Laurel, Glad that you are more positive on the Asylum workouts, maybe the first one will be better without the ladder. :wink: Hope that you are not feeling the after workouts soreness with those two workouts that you did yesterday. After doing Power Hour I had some soreness in some places that I probably had not hit in a while. :laugh: Felt that for a couple of days afterward. Eoin is a hoot, and I just love going into the flow and seeing the dog. :laugh: Of course the licking the ice cream thing is a little weird. :laugh:

Tami, Oh you should keep your appointment with Bob. :wink: We just started getting those cool temps this morning, and it really is a relief. Those 90 deg where torture when we have been so cold before that point. I just hope that it warms up a little bit more before Saturday, really isn't fun to have a party when people need to huddle over a fire. :huh: You are right the Hiit after those S90 workouts really was a good combo. It was a nice one with Total Body.

Erika, Looks like we posted at the same time yesterday. Sorry to hear that you ds is sick, and so close to his last day of school. Glad that you had some TLC done with your hair. Why do men want us to have the long hair. It just gets in the way. :laugh: Sounds like you did the workout like you should by exhausting those muscles. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Another great workout this morning. I did Asylum's Game Day. :heart: This is the one workout in the set I was really looking forward to trying, and it didn't disappoint. It is similar in format to Insanity's Max Interval Sports Training, but it includes alot more sports....and is far tougher. I really enjoyed it. It rings in at 60 minutes, and they pretty much flew by. I loved the variety, but there were a couple of 'sports' that killed me.....primarily the rock climbing section. :noway: Tough tough stuff! And, of course, after a good tough workout like that, I love my yoga. So I did Eoin's Magically Hips (following Laurie's lead on that one from the other day), and it felt amazing. I've done all but one short add-on section of Asylum (the 15-20 minute 'Overtime' section), and I really am pleased. It feels similar to Insanity in tone, but it is actually very different from Insanity in the focus. This really is a system designed to improve performance. While I didn't like that with Speed and Agility, I'm beginning to understand/see the benefits of this type of training. I'm hoping when I try Speed and Agility again on Sunday I find my reaction to it to be completely different.

Laurie, Eoin cracks me the 'it should feel like ice cream is being licked off your body' comment. Um......not quite!! But he makes me smile, and that's a good thing. Actually, as the week is progressing, I'm getting less sore! Who would have thought? One of the comments I read from somebody who finished 30 days of Asylum was that their back pain had completely disappeared. That intrigued me since this is such an intense, high impact series. But after doing Back to Core and Game Day, I can kind of understand why. I had carried over alot of my stiffness from the P90X/Insanity rotation into this, and it seems to be going away. I thought it would go away last week when I was taking it easy!!! But, sadly, that wasn't the case. So it is nice to wake up feeling refreshed and relatively pain-free in the mornings right now. Thanks for the feedback on S90. I am really impressed with these workouts and think they can produce some great results. I'm hoping to be able to see my abs again!!!

Erika, sorry to hear about your sick son still. Bronchitis? No fun!! I wonder if more people are sick up your way because of the rapidly changing temps you've had. We were like that towards the end of March into April.....a couple of days in the mid-90s then back to the 60s. It took it's toll, that's for sure. We aren't getting those temp swings anymore, and that seems to help. That being said, I wouldn't mind 60s/70s right now!! It's hot!! Glad you were able to enjoy some time to get your hair cut/colored. That always makes me feel so good afterwards!

Tami, 44 degrees? Hee! I think our low last night was something like 78. :ohwell: I agree with Laurie about keeping your appointment with Bob!! It has taken me a long time (like....years) to get into a yoga habit, but now that I'm in to my Thursday yoga day, I wouldn't give it up. It really does help me with my flexibility, and it energizes me to finish my workout week with a tough workout whereas otherwise I might feel like taking it easy. Besides.....Bob's cute! :wink:

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

My workout today is for this evening :wink: ….. Insanity Pure Cardio. Looking forward to trying this one. :smile: Last night I did go home and do S90 Tabata Inferno & took the dogs for a walk so that was a nice combo. :wink:

Erika: No problem …. I will send those to you! :wink: Glad to help. Your hair sounds very cute and I think it’s great that you change the color when you feel like it. :smile: I get too nervous.:blushing: I either just go lighter or the same. Men, I tell ya …. My DH is exactly the same way. :laugh: He will comment that my hair dresser cut my hair too short and it’s never been above my shoulders. :huh: He wishes it was longer too but gave up on requesting it finally! He does like the blonde highlights I have so I’ve got that going for me! :laugh: :wink: I sure hope your little guy feels better soon, glad you got to be home with him today. Great job on the workout today!

Laurie: Congrats on finishing up S90 & the fabulous results it sounds! :drinker: :bigsmile: YAY Good to hear it will be mixed into your new rotation a bit as well. I’m glad you all received a little relief with cooler temps. Thanks for your encouragement w/ Yoga. :blushing: :wink: I really do need to and just by chatting with you guys about it I might just make that date Saturday! You all help me stay accountable so that’s good!

Laurel: Very glad to hear you had another “thumbs up” workout with Asylum. :bigsmile: If you say it is “tough, tough” it must be crazy tough! :noway: YOWSA. The description you gave sounds awesome though. That’s excellent. I know right on the 44 degrees. IT was a little warmer this a.m. but not much. :huh: Thank you as well for your encouragement to make that date with Mr. Cutie!

Hi Michelle – :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a great evening – talk to you tomorrow! :smile: TGIF tomorrow, it feels like a super long week after coming off a 4-day week last week.

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My stomach was a bit off this morning, so I decided to see how I feel after work. I was able to eat breakfast, but the queasy feeling is still there. Hope it goes away, I just don't like feeling sick when I have so much to do before tomorrow.

Laurel, The magically hips section is my favorite workout on that compilation DVD. Rock Climbing section! :noway: Now I'm really curious as to what he has you do on that one. Sounds like it is a winning workout though. I'm wondering if the back thing has to do with balance to the core. I found that I was feeling that way with the S90 workouts. Not once did I feel that my back was sore while doing those workouts. That was something that I had not felt while doing other rotations.

Tami, Sounds like you are might get that date with Bob! :drinker: I know that I really felt great after my visit with Eoin. Hope you enjoy Pure Cardio, the first time I tried that one I though Shaun was crazy. The workout gets easier as you continue the rotation. Well we finally have gotten those 40's temps, now I'm hoping for a bit of warmer weather for tomorrow. :laugh:

Erika, Hope your little guy is feeling better.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies!

I got in another good workout this morning. I started with Cathe's Intensity. This has really become one of my favorite of her workouts. Just love it. Then, after a break, I did Asylum's Strength. I was really having a hard time choosing between that and S90 Total Body, but opted for Strength because I think I'll be doing my S90 rotation longer than my Asylum rotation so I have time down the road to do Total Body. Anyhow, I LOVED Strength!! Two BIG thumbs up from me. It is 47 minutes long. After a tough warmup (using weights), Shaun does about 15 minutes of cardio strength drills. There are four moves which you repeat three times, but every time you do them slightly different. I love the combo of moves. For instance, you do a bicep curl, hold that, go into a squat, release the bicep curl all the way to the floor, jump back, do a push up, do a couple spider moves, another pushup, and back up. It just hits so many areas of the body and really is good cardio as well. After the cardio section, he does a primarily back/chest/core section which is also really tough. For instance, you do bent over rows down into a pushup and back up but each time you repeat the pattern, you do more reps. You do that for two minutes. Tough! Loved it. I can't wait to try Speed and Agility again because I have been so impressed by the rest of this set.

Laurie, I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Take it easy if you continue to feel poorly. No reason to push yourself. During the rock climbing section he actually does these wicked pullup things which I didn't even attempt. Instead, I ended up doing his alternative which is minute upon minute of pushups and lat pushups, and it was really tough. I totally agree with you that the back work is to create more core balance, and I appreciate it. I think it is too often ignored because so much focus is placed on the abs/hip flexors and not enough on the upper/lower back, glutes and hamstrings.

Tami, hope you enjoyed Pure Cardio. I love that workout. Definitely one of my favorites. Hope your enjoying your cooler weather. We hit 102 yesterday, tying a record that is about 130 years old. It's cooler today....low 90s. And we might even get some rain this weekend, which is good. We need it right now.

Erika, hope you are well!

Michelle, hope you arrive back home safely!!

Enjoy the weekend! See you all on Monday.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies & TGIF!!! :drinker:

I did Insanity Pure Cardio last night ….. this a.m. was S90 Total Body. :wink:

Laurie: So sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well this a.m. :ohwell: Hopefully that was short lived and you are good to go now. If not, hope you take it easy and get better fast! :wink: You might be just a little run down from all the activities you have had going. Darling photo of your girls ~ they are beautiful! :smile: I did enjoy Pure Cardio. I have to say when Shaun T mentioned in the warm-up that he was nervous for this workout …. I got nervous. :huh: I thought OMG, Mr. I’m in Perfect Shape is nervous ~ help me! But it was good. I am looking forward to my second time around with it forsure. He definitely explains the moves in that one vs. in the other 2 he doesn’t. Yes, I have BH Yoga on my calendar for tomorrow a.m. after Insanity Cardio Recovery.

Laurel: Yay on Intensity! :bigsmile: I was just thinking of that one yesterday …. Feeling a little “miss” on that and hoping to fit it in randomly somewhere. Yes, Pure Cardio was good. I think that is my favorite of the 3.:wink: I think the other 2 are so close I like them both. :heart: LOVE him. He does make you want to keep going and I love the way he talks …. Looks ….. talks ….. looks. Ha Ha :laugh: :blushing: Just kidding! I was happy to hear him say “Shaun T’s going to take a break”. Asylum sounds amazing! I am so glad you are having great reviews on it and looking forward to what you think when you try Speed & Agility again.

So do you think I should just keep doing the 3 you mentioned alternating every other day through my S90 rotation (couple more weeks) and then pick up the rotation from there in Month 2 or should I implement the others from Month 1 rotation as well into my “every other day”? If that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your thoughs. I know you said the 3 would give me a feel for it, I just don't want to miss out on something to prepare for the month 2 of workouts. I was going to try Cardio Recovery tomorrow a.m. and follow it up with BH Yoga! :wink:

Hi Erika – Hope you are enjoying your Friday! :smile:
    Michelle – Safe travels back from CA! :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! Sorry I was MIA on Friday...I had the day off, and hubby got worse, so me and the boys left the house for the day! Both the boys are feeling better (my youngest DS has allergies, ai think, or else it's a never ending cold!), but hubby has been sick all weekend. The docs say it's just a virus, but he has coughing spells like you wouldn't believe. I'm trying to be a supportive wife, but I used the comment "I don't think your legs are broken" a lot over the weekend. He was sick with bronchitis a lot as a kid, and he admits his mom waited on him hand and foot. I told him I'd help out, but I'm not bending over backwards for him. Must be how I was raised! :blushing:

Friday was a cardio day...got a good walk in on the treadie. Saturday I did S90 Shoulders, Chest and Tri's and Sunday was a rest day. This morning was Tracey Staehle's Total Body (10 min light weights, 10 min Pilates, 10 min Yoga). It was ok. I love the other 2 workouts on that DVD (they use the Bosu), so I'm keeping it...for now! :laugh: I'm officially down to under 50 DVD's in my collection, and it feels soooo good!

Tami--Great job on the Insanity workouts (and S90 too)! :bigsmile: Thanks for the worksheets, I think those will come in handy. I can never remember what workouts have 3 circuits, which have 4, and which have something entirely different! Your hair scenario reminds me of a client I work with. I'd say she has the same hairstyle/color as yours, and everytime I talk to her, she says she can't wait to see me to see what I've done, as she's too nervous to color hers differently or cut it above her shoulders. She was giddy last time I saw her, as my hair was dark and long, and the time prior to that it was short and platinum blonde. She said she just lives through me and all my hair styles/colors. I thought it was kinda cute! :wink:

Laurel--Sounds like your Asylum workouts are treating you well! :bigsmile: Great job getting some others in there too (Cathe!) Our weather has been all over the place, and I'm sure it's why so many are sick. My son ended up testing negative for strep, so it was just a 1 day fever, and he was able to attend his last day of school. Now, if we can get this weather pattern consistent, so my youngest son can get better....although I think his are just allergies. But, with this cold/hot back and forth, I feel like it's triggering more allergens in the air! :noway:

Laurie--Beautiful pics of your DD's! So pretty! :happy: Glad you listened to your body on Friday, I hope that you felt up to getting a workout in! How has your weather been? We had 68 and cool on Friday, and pretty cool all weekend, and then we're going to go up and down all week again...ugh!

Michelle--Welcome back!

Talk to you all tomorrow AM!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did start feeling better after work on Friday, and got in Power Hour. On Saturday I was up bright and early to get in 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body and Cathe's Total Body Stretching workout #1. Sunday was a rest day. This morning was Pure Strength Back & Biceps but no abs. I then did the cardio from Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy Chest & Ab workout. That worked out really well because the weight work was 30 min. and the cardio was 20. Fit right into the time I have in the morning to work out.

The grad party went really well, it wasn't really all that warm. We had an inflatable bouncy house, that the kids stayed in through the whole party. It was great, because it gave their parents a chance to socialize. I'm so glad that my oldest said that she wanted to rent the thing. :wink: It was cold enough that we started a fire in our pit, and I didn't have to worry about the cold food spoiling. :happy:

Laurel, Another Asylum hit! Really does sound like that workout moves. I take it that you move at your own pace? :wink: Does anyone do those moves at lightening speed? :laugh: You have to love a workout that combines cardio and strength. Totally loved the PS workout this morning! :drinker: One tends to forget about the PS series because it is an older workout, but I'm really feeling the workout. I was stoked that I could lift way heavier than Cathe! :laugh: Of course if she did a redo on these workout, I'm betting that she would be lifting way heavier.

Tami, When I first did Pure Cardio I felt the same way when Shaun said he was scared. :laugh: How was your date with Bob? I know that Shaun just keeps rotating the four cardio workouts through the first three weeks, and then does the balance one for a week before you start onto the month 2. I will let Laurel give you the advice on the Insanity workouts to do with S90. I'm sure that you would be able to handle it though. :wink: Thank you on the compliment for the dd's, I think they are beautiful also but then again I have a bias. :laugh:

Erika, So sorry to hear that you DH is sick, I'm a lot like you in not wanting to baby my hubby. :wink: We have had sweatshirt/jacket weather all weekend. Suppose to start warming up this week. Can't get used to this up and down temps. :laugh: I think that is why a lot of people are sick. Thank you on the compliment for my dd's. I needed to get closer with the camera though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

We had a good weekend here. It was a little cooler....mid 90s....and a bit humid, but MUCH better than it felt during the middle of last week. DH and I got out and golfed both days. I think we're addicted. :blushing: Saturday was my rest day, but yesterday I started the day with Asylum's Speed and Agility. And as I suspected, it felt completely differently to me than it did a week ago. I didn't use the agility ladder which allowed me to focus more on my cardio than on my skill, and I found it to be a really good, tough and fast workout. So thumbs up all around for Asylum right now. There are some tough moves, and it is definitely more athletic than Insanity. But it is different enough that I'm glad I have it. After Speed and Agility (and a bit of a break) I did S90s Chest/Back. So happy again that Tami sent me the workout sheets because I was able to lift heavier since I knew what was happening, and it was a good workout. Today was Rhythmic Step and Butts and Guts. I substituted the latter for S90 Legs. I think I'm only going to stick with this rotation for 30 days. I was going to carry S90 further (Asylum is only a 30 day program), but, right now, I'm feeling more and more like I just feel like taking a break from strict rotations for a little while. I think I'll go back to the rotation I was doing early in the year for a little while just to get some more variety into my program. No doubt I'll work those S90 workouts into that rotation though!

Laurie, love the photo of your daughters! I'm glad you were feeling better on Friday, and that the party this weekend worked out well. Those bouncy house things are great baby-sitters, aren't they? :smile: Regarding Asylum, Shaun T. really works up the speed in this series....he moves MUCH faster than he does in Insanity. I can keep up with him is many things in Insanity....not so much (or at all in many cases!) in Asylum!! :noway: But he still makes me smile, so I forgive him for it. :wink: I'm so glad you are enjoying the PS series again!! I was wondering how they'd feel to you after S90.

Erika, I'm sorry to hear your husband is sick, though I'm glad your boys are doing better. Men are a bit of a pain when they are sick, aren't they? I can't imagine having anybody wait on me hand and foot, so it kind of amazes me sometimes when my husband seems perfectly fine to have me do that for him. Oh, well. Great job on getting the DVD collection down! I have no idea how many DVDs I have, but I do know that I use the majority of them (probably only have less than 10 that I could get rid of and not miss), so that's good. But it is still alot of DVDs I own! :blushing:

Tami, glad you enjoyed Pure Cardio. I really love that workout. Shaun T. makes me laugh when he says he's nervous for the workout. Regarding your rotation, as Laurie mentioned, the first month of Insanity consists of the three workouts you are doing and cardio recovery. So there aren't any other pure cardio or circuit workouts from Month 1 that you are missing to prepare you for Month 2. The only difference between what you're doing and the regular rotation is that you are going to be doing the workouts much less than you would if you followed the Insanity rotation. Honestly, I don't think that's a problem for you. I know when I got to the end of my first month of Insanity, I was more than ready to move on to the Month 2 workouts. In fact, the last week or so was a bit boring for me. So I think you'll be prepared AND you won't be fighting boredom doing it the way you're doing right now. No matter what you do, you'll notice a pretty distinct difference when you get to the Month 2 Insanity workouts because they are longer and the circuits in the circuit workouts are longer. But you'll be prepared for them, I have no doubt. Hope that helps!

Michelle, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies ~ :smile:

Well the weekend was great for workouts! :wink: Mostly because I kept my date with Bob for Yoga on Saturday after doing the Insanity Cardio Recovery, I enjoyed that one too. Yesterday was S90 Legs followed up by Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit. My legs are feeling it today! :wink: Which is good. This a.m. it was rainy and cold, could not get up so my half awake body decided to hit the snooze and do Turbo Kick tonight after work for my only workout. :ohwell: Which is always a good one so I don’t feel too guilty.

Erika: Again a very similar moment on the DH’s. :laugh: My husband has had an ongoing cough that would not stop for a week straight or more. :noway: Sore throat, headache, etc. He ended up going to the dr. twice. After the 2nd time they gave him Zpack and he was feeling better in 24 hrs. That was Friday. By this a.m. he is almost back to normal. The Dr said his was a sinus infection. :huh: But yes, during the week he thought my hot tea tasted better than his so I was continually making the tea. That water & tea bag is a special touch. :grumble: :laugh: I know the feeling if someone else makes it it often tastes better …… but hmmmmm. Glad to hear you widdled down your DVD’s! I bet it does feel great. :wink: Good job on the workouts as well! :flowerforyou:

Laurie: Thank you for the advice/thoughts on Insanity. I am glad to know I’m on track. :smile: YES, I did keep my date with Bob and was glad that I did. I know my body needs more of the stretching so I was happy I did. That one crazy move in Yoga Warrior is truly amazing when that girl is all pretzeled up and stands, then raises her leg out to the side. Hello Gumby! :noway: :laugh:

Laurel: Thanks again! I knew you had said originally to stick to those 3 and they would give me a good feel of Insanity prior to month 2 but I thought I saw 1 or 2 others on the first month rotation is why I wanted to just double check. :wink: Thanks so much. Sounds like you had a great weekend of golf & workouts. Very nice that the Asylum workout was good now that you tried it again. Funny how moods are on certain days & how they affect our reaction on a particular workout. Sounds like you are doing awesome with your new rotation …. Glad the S90 sheets are helping!

Welcome Back Michelle! :smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow,
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

PS Legs (standing portion only), S90 Core Dynamics and STS Extended Stretch for me this morning. It was fun mixing things up this morning. Should have done these Pure Strength weight workouts a lot sooner. I guess it must be because of the workout gear that I tend to gloss over these workouts. :wink: Love the way my legs are feeling right now. :bigsmile:

Laurel, Shaun at warp speed! :noway: Guess I better start doing some of those Insanity workouts again, so that I can get back more endurance. :wink: I do have the Fast and Furious DVD sceduled for Friday. Might insprie me to do more of those workouts. :laugh: I like the thought of more athletic on those Asylum DVD's. I guess that is what he was shooting for. :smile: I think summer is the time for variety, seems everyone is so busy that you need flexibility in your choices of workouts. :wink:

Tami, :drinker: on the date with Bob! I don't think that I will ever be able to do those Gumby poses! :noway: I have a hard time doing easy stretches sometimes. :laugh: Those cold and rainy days make me want to stay in bed also. I think our dog hesitates to be outside on those days also. Our mornings have been cold, but the skies are clear and then it warms up in the afternoon. Those Insanity workouts are tough on the legs, but dang my legs sure did look good afterward. :wink:

Morning Erika!

Michelle, You where in CA right? Hope you had a good time while you where there!

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm back and happy to be back at home with the family. It has been a whirlwind from leaving after hosting a quick gifts and cake ceremony for the new five year old to my arrival but those safe travel wishes were welcomed especially in those turbulent windshears:noway: The views of Lake Tahoe were amazing and we are trying to coordinate a possible trip this Summer with the girls or for our anniversary in Napa valley:bigsmile:

The training was awesome due to great instruction and an interactive class of wonderful managers. The hotel was a full suite with a kitchen so I was able to stick with good meals but some nights the hotel served various Italian meals to include fresh baked bread and wine:love: Overall I met my fiends theere and we enjoyed some evenings walking a mapped out course or the nearby shopping Galleria where we had a girls night of shopping:laugh: It was a great training/vacation energy boost:wink:

Today on my schedule is Tonique..time to erase the Margaritas and pasta:wink: It is extremely hot considering when I arrived in Sacramento it was 65 degrees:love:

Laurie- Hoping that you feel better and I love the picture of the girls:bigsmile:

Erika- Sick husbands are truly worst than sick children:laugh: They tend to become needy for some reason and it drives me crazy:wink: Hopefully he will be on track soon.

Tami- Good to be back:flowerforyou: It seems as if you ladies has pulled out the hardcore schedule this month...the heat here is soo debilitating especially if I'm working between the office and the warehouse:noway: 97 degrees today!!!!

Laurel- Our new golf addict:laugh: tooo funny. Enjoy your game..it is great fun and quality time with your husband:wink: Ok now that I have made a few calls and touched in with my extended family, it is time to get some coffee and hit these legs:wink:

Have a great day:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

This morning was Asylum's Verticle Plyo and Relief. Love these workouts. Verticle Plyo is tough, and doing the Relief right after it is perfect. After my break for breakfast, I then did another great combo---S90 Shoulders and Arms (I LOVE this workout) and S90 Ultimate Ball. I was really impressed with this latter workout as well. I think I only have a few more S90 workouts to try, and the only one right now that leaves me wanting is the Chest/Back workout. I don't get a 'fried' feeling after I'm done, though I am feeling (most especially in the chest) while I'm doing it. But, hey, for the cost of this workout series, I'm not about to complain!! Very happy I got this set.

Tami, I can imagine you're feeling your legs after doing those two workouts together. Tough stuff!! But I'm sure you're loving it, right? :happy: Glad you kept your date with Bob too. There is no way on this earth I will ever be able to do some of the moves in that workout, but it sure is fun watching those girls do it. But I'm with the guy in the back....he's about my level. :tongue: I don't blame you for wanting to stay in bed on a rainy day. I'd really like one of those days right about now, to be honest.

Laurie, again, I'm so glad you're enjoying the PS series. I got this series when it first came out and did it regularly for years. Whenever I go back to them, I'm reminded how good they are. But, like you, sometimes I forget how good they are because I think they're a tad dated, but that's just the headbands and such. Cathe was smart in making that series because the moves are basic and universal. Nothing trendy about it at all. I was thinking about that STS Extended Stretch this morning as I was doing Relief. I love that STS Extended Stretch and it has always been my 'go-to' for a short, effective stretch. It is nice that I like Relief so much because now I have two such workouts.....though I still like the stretch from STS better.

Michelle, welcome back!!! Sounds like you had a terrific time in California. I'm glad the training went well, and that you feel like you had a little vacation while you were there. What a great way to recharge the batteries!! Hope you enjoyed Tonique!!! Stay cool in that heat!

Erika, hope you're well and your husband is on the mend!

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies ~ :smile:

Turbo Kick went great last night …. There were only about 6 of us in there. :huh: :wink: This a.m. was Insanity Pure Cardio and tonight I am headed to the 5:30 Spinning. I found out my favorite instructor will be there! :bigsmile: I’m really looking forward to it now.

Michelle: Sounds like you had a fantastic trip and stayed in a beautiful location. Very nice and I’m sure your family was so pleased to have you back. :wink: Great job getting in the workouts as well!

Laurie: Very nice combo this a.m. & that your legs are feeling just right . . great job. :tongue: Thanks for my “cheers” and encouragement for staying with the Yoga. I appreciate it. :wink:

Laurel: Sounds like you had some good workouts this a.m. again! :bigsmile: I’m so glad to hear Asylum is all that you had hoped for. S90 Shoulders/Arms is a good one I think too, glad you enjoyed it and Ult Ball. You can probably see why I love adding that one in after just about anything?! :wink: Yes, I did love the tough factor and eventhough I was feeling it ~ it’s worth it. I can imagine you are wanting a rainy cool morning. Hang in there with your heat/humidity.

Erika – Hope all is well and your hubby is doing better today! :bigsmile:

Hope you all have a great evening & I’ll talk to you tomorrow :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Very short workout for me this morning. I did PS Chest and Triceps. I think the last time I tried this workout I couldn't do big girl push-ups. Sure is nice to keep up with Cathe and crew on the toes. :wink: Used the tower for holding my barbell during the chest portion, that worked out so much better than having to lift the weight. Feeling toasty in the muscles right now. Tomorrow I'm combining the floorwork from the leg workout, and shoulders. I really like having these workouts all on one DVD, so I can change up the parts. :bigsmile: I'm having so much fun with the mix so far, next week I will be mixing up the CTX weights.

Michelle, So glad to hear that you had a good time in CA! Sounds like you enjoyed it so much that you are planning on going for a vacation, how great is that. Of course you will have to get in some wine tasting events into that also. :wink:

Laurel, Shoulders & Arms and Ultimate Ball where two of my favorites also. I really loved how the ball was used, and I didn't mind that the exercise is repeated. I will never forget this PS series again, it really is a gem. I can't imagine having these on VHS anymore. So glad that I purchased this one on the DVD. I think that was the first time I did the Extended Stretch. I didn't have time during my STS rotations, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Overall good total body stretch. :wink:

Tami, Yippee on your fav spinning instructor! :drinker: You and I can encourage each other on getting in our yoga and stretching. That is one of my goals for the summer. If I can't do yoga, then it will be stretching. :wink: My legs are still feeling some soreness this morning, I think it is the plie squats! :happy:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!! I missed you yesterday! :happy:

Lots of running around yesterday, but after missing my morning workout (I was tired!), baseball got rained out, so I got in a workout last night. It was a mix of Cathe MMA boxing and a walk on the treadmill. I wasn't feeling the workout during some of the parts, so just jumped on the treadmill. Sorry to say, I think that one is going to Ebay :cry: I've tried it 4 times total, and the only time I liked it was the 1st time, maybe because it was a "new" DVD for me at the time. I just keep cleaning house! :laugh: But, this morning's workout was V-Core and it was right up my alley. VERY different from anything else I own, that's for sure. It's a workout that focuses on balance and coordination, while working your core. Lots of one legged squats, lunges, deadlifts, leg extensions, etc. Very fun for me!! :bigsmile:

Laurie--So glad to hear the grad party went well! :happy: Even though it was cooler, it's much better than the steaming temps we had a week or so ago. That makes it miserable to be outside!! But, I hear you on this up and down weather...what the heck!?!??! :grumble: Lovin' the PS workouts you're doing, and mixing in others as needed. I bet those feel good!!!! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Love your "cooler" weather comment! :laugh: 90's sound miserable to me! But, I bet it feels better at least! Glad the Asylum workout was better the 2nd time around! I am so glad that you are enjoying the golf outings with the hubby...I wish I could get into that sport. My poor hubby bought me clubs and paid for lessons, and I have no desire to ever touch those clubs again...maybe I'll have a change of heart and learn to like it?!?!? Good for you on the rotation break...I think you deserve that, with the steady stream of rotations. I am doing a very loose rotation (no 1 system) with rotation weeks of heavy weights, barre/pilates, and circuit workouts. It's been so nice to have the variety, and I leave room to plug in workouts here and there, if I decide I'd rather do a S90 workout, or Cathe, or whatever. I'm happy to hear you like the S90 workouts...I never had a doubt you wouldn't love them like the rest of us do! :happy: BTW, hubby is FINALLY starting to feel better after a 2nd trip to the doctor and some meds...thank goodness, as I was about to turn into a really cranky wife!

Tami--YAY on your favorite instructor!!! :happy: Sounds like you're probably having the same weather as us, which is perfect for hitting the snooze button! :blushing: I'm sure your TK class Monday night was a good workout, and you made up for the missing morning workout! As I mentioned to Laurel above, hubby is finally on the mend. He had to make a 2nd trip to the doctor, and apparently his coughing fit made the doctor realize it wasn't just a normal virus. He was told he had an upper respiratory infection, and given the ZPack, thank goodness! :laugh:

Michelle--Welcome Back...I missed you!! What an awesome trip, and glad you got to enjoy some fun time with the girls too! :bigsmile: I bet the weather was a nice break from the hot/humid weather in TX. I would LOVE to get out to Napa Valley sometime too, I've heard it's beautiful, as well as the Palm Springs Dessert. So many places to go, so little time!

Well, back to work! Have a wonderful day!
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Another good workout combo for me this morning. I started with the Mix/Max premix of Cardio Fusion. I haven't done that workout in a long time, and I was surprised how good it felt to me. I was actually dreading it since I've moved away from step so much, but I had alot of fun with it once I got into it. Then I finished my workout with Asylum's Back to Core. Still loving that one. It just flies by.

Tami, enjoy spinning tonight!!! I'm glad your favorite instructor will be there. Gives you something to look forward to all day long. Regarding Ultimate Ball, I think that will become one of my go-to stability ball workouts. I love working my core with the ball, and this one was right up my alley. He didn't do the exercises too long, there was good variety, he worked the whole body......very happy with it!! I see myself putting it after just about anything in the future as well!

Laurie, yay on the Big Girl push-ups!! I love that feeling. I think about that everytime I do STS. I couldn't do one push-up when I started STS the first time (due to that shoulder injury I had a few years ago). My long-term goal after I finished STS was to be able to do at least one of the Meso 1 workouts doing push-ups on my toes. Well, now I can do all of the workouts on my toes, and it feels SOOOO good. Somedays when I'm wondering what I'm going to my body, I think about how much stronger I am today than I was 10 or 20 years ago....and that makes me happy. :happy: So glad you are enjoying PS. It is great on DVD because you can do just about anything with it.

Erika, I can't fault you on MMA Boxing. I don't really care for any of the MMA workouts Cathe did with the Shock Cardio series, which was a huge disappointment for me since I love kickboxing/boxing workouts. I keep them because I find they are a good thing to do after a really tough strength workout if I'm looking for light cardio (and I like the ab/core workouts in them). But on their own.....not so much. Glad you enjoyed today's workout though. Sounds like a good one. Regarding golf, I tried to start playing when my husband and I were dating (many moons ago :laugh: ). We bought me a set of clubs and everything. But I just couldn't get into it. Even though we carried that set of clubs around with us on every move, I didn't touch them between 1990 and last year!!!! My husband and I were in Hawaii last year for a conference, and got a chance to play on a Par 3 course there a couple of times....and something about the sport just clicked with me. So it only took.....20 years. Maybe in another 10 or so years you'll feel the same. :smile: Glad to hear the hubby is feeling better.

Michelle, hope you are well today!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies ~ :smile:

This a.m. was S90 Cardio Challenge. :bigsmile: Really felt like it flew by this a.m. Maybe after doing just my 2 short weeks of Insanity workouts it made it seem easier/faster pace. :wink: :smile: It was good though, always like this one!
    Last night’s Cycling was lots of fun, just as I had hoped for. She is a person that when you walk into the room you can feel the great energy from plus she plays excellent music every time. :bigsmile: She makes you want to work harder vs. going through the motions. It was great and I told her I am really going to try and pick back back up on Friday’s at 5:30. It seems DH & I always have “a plan” after work on Friday’s so I have gotten away from them.

Laurie: I bet that felt great to be doing the push-ups straight away with that memory of not doing them all before. :wink: Shows the strength gains you have made forsure since then. :drinker: Sounds like you are mixing up some nice combos and enjoying them! Definitely Yes – I am here for you as well to offer the encouragement on Yoga/Stretching. :bigsmile:

Erika: Good job on the workout and just going for the treadie after MMA wasn’t working for you! Another one bites the dust sounds! :laugh: :wink: Glad to hear your hubby is doing better. Sounds like our guys had very similar symptoms and that Z-pack is the ticket . . . . he has been better & better since taking that. Only a couple of coughing fits since. I can relate on the golf. :wink: Luckily my DH bought me some used clubs and I did take the lessons two years ago but between last summer & this summer’s weather it seems to only be nice & not raining when I am at work OR the first 2 days strung together we needed to get yard work done. :ohwell: :grumble: So really wanting to go back for a refresher course and learn, just hasn’t happened yet.

Laurel: Glad that Cardio Fusion went well for you ….. I know what you mean on the step action. :wink: My dread factor is more the choreography challenge when I haven’t done a step workout for a long time. :blushing: Truly the only 2 that have step in it I’ve done is Intensity or Athletic Step and the latter has been a very long time. It is encouraging to know that I still have some time to learn golf. Again, waiting on our weather to change it feels like forever to make it happen. :grumble: I know it would be something I would enjoy once I got it to click in my brain. :wink: I think anyway?!? Definitely would be something I could do while my DH is gone fishing a lot or when he is here we could do together (That was the original plan). :ohwell: :wink:

Hi Michelle ~ Hope you are getting back into the swing of things after being gone & all that goes with the daily grind. :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow! :smile: I'm working a half day tomorrow and OFF on Friday!! :drinker:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I pulled out KCM's 30MTF Cardio Blast, and did the Plyometric workout. That was a ton of fun, but I don't know why she didn't get rid of the step. She didn't use it at all. :wink: After that I did The Quickie workout from Eoin's Power Yoga for Happiness. Really enjoying mixing up my workouts, and getting in yoga and stretching. :wink:

Our oldest is now registered for college! :drinker: She is really excited, and I'm glad that she isn't to nervous. She meet alot of freshmen yesterday, and even made a new friend. :wink:

Erika, I still enjoy that boxing workout, but I do use weighted gloves when I do that one, I think that makes a difference in upping the intensity. Glad to hear that your husband was able to get meds to help his recovery. :wink: We are having the most beautiful day today, and it is annoying that I have to be sitting here at work. :sad: :wink:

Laurel, I should have kept my past workout sheets to see how much weight I was lifting the last time I had done these PS workouts. Guess that will teach me to do that in the future. :happy: The only MMA workout that I don't enjoy is the Fusion workout. :ohwell: That one does moves that just don't agree with my body. I'm not that nible. :laugh: Have you tried the Core Dynamics workout? That one is great also, I love the different plank moves that Tom does in that workout.

Tami, Glad you had fun with the spin instructor! Got in some more yoga this morning, even if it is only 30 min. that quickie workout does what it is suppose to do. I have to check out some more of my yoga workouts to see if they have short but good routines. I think the only other one I have that has a shorter routine is Kristin McGee.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hi Ladies...almost Friday!!! :bigsmile:

Even though we've had rainy weather all week, it sure has been nice to have baseball cancelled 2 nights in a row!! :blushing: We run from work to daycare to home (quickly, to eat!) and then to baseball--4 nights a week. It is SOOOO nice to not have to do that for a couple nights! We had a get together at one of the coaches house last night, and it was so fun to meet the other wives and watch all the kids play together. We talked about hosting at our house next (these are all people hubby and I didn't know prior to this year's baseball), as we have a huge park literally in our back yard. Those 12+ kids would really have a blast there! :bigsmile:

This morning was a quick 30 minute treadmill walk, all the while trying to convince Lily not to jump up on the treadmill too. She looked like she was about to a few times...maybe I'll put her on there on her own on a really slow speed to show her it's not all that fun! :laugh: I'm hoping to get in a lunch time walk too, as I have a grad party tonight that I'm sure will involve not so good for me foods! The little girl I babysat since she was born has graduated...so weird to see that happen, but so fun too! Can't wait!

Laurie--I need to pull that KCM out again too! I never understood why the step was there, but glad she doesn't use it. I'm not really into step anymore (actually trying to sell mine on Craigs List!), so I'm always liking the non-step routines. I think I'll have to try the 1st workout without the step, just to see what I think... So, where is DD going to college? So fun, and great that she made a new friend already! :happy:

Tami--Awesome cycling class for you!!! What kind of music do they play (just curious)?? Good to hear that Cardio Challenge is still a challenge, but feeling a bit easier. That's a good sign that your endurance is up! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Another good combo, it sounds like! :happy: So glad to hear it's not just me in the MMA workout. I really hate getting rid of so many DVD's lately, but if I'm struggling through it, and it's not keeping me motivated or keeping my attention, I just can't let it sit on the shelf and collect dust! I'm happy to hear that you eventually learned to like golf. I feel like there may still be hope for me! I know I'd love the serenity of it, the scenery and being outside, it's just that I don't have 1 competitive bone in my body, so honestly could care less which direction I hit the ball, how far it goes, etc. I think that might work against me!

Michelle--Good Morning! Hope you are doing well!!!