Cathe Fans Part 4!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Plyo Cardio Circuit and STS Extended Stretch. Whew! Guess I need to do these Insanity workouts more often. :laugh: Loved the stretch afterward.

Dang, there is an add for Billy Blanks PT247, will have to check out what that is all about. I really do love Billy, but have been a bit disapointed in his recent workouts. :huh:

Laurel, Hope you have a great yoga session today. I'm planning on getting some in on Sunday morning before we leave for faire. I know my feet will love the stretching. Saturday morning I'm planning on getting in some cardio before we leave. Will see how this goes. Thanks for the idea on the stretch workouts. I tend to forget that one, and it sure was a nice follow-up to the Insanity workout. Yes do tell when are you going to see Cathe?

Tami, I love Ultimate Ball also, it is just an overall good core workout. I think that is the workout that has helped me the most in holding plank moves. Doing these Barry workouts I have found that I can hold the plank for 2 min. :drinker: And I still could have gone longer, so I'm really happy with that. Did you get the Sports Conditioning workout? That one is a lot of fun also.

Lorri, Are you coming to join us?

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi Ladies!!!

Just a super quick check -in for me, as I'm slammed at work! Got in my workout last night, P57 Express 1 & 2, and opted to sleep in this morning. I'll probably get some sort of workout in tonight.

Great job on the workouts ladies...keep it up!!! I'll be back Monday with more time to chat. Have a great weekend! :happy:
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well, all this talking about Insanity's Max Interval Circuit had me wanting to do that workout this morning. So I did. My first insanity workout in about six weeks. It felt really good! I could tell I have definitely improved on some moves because of Asylum which was a great feeling. No doubt I was feeling it at the end, but I really enjoyed the workout. And just because I felt like having the title 'Insanity' define me today :tongue: , I decided to follow it up (after a break for food) with Asylum's Strength. This is the first time I've done an Insanity workout and an Asylum workout in the same day. It gave me a flavor for what the Insanity/Asylum rotation might be like. I love Strength, and it felt good. But, boy, I was wiped at the end. I did have time, though, to get in Eoin Finn's Quickie Yoga, and I could have kissed him because it made me feel so good. I didn't kiss him, of course. I don't like my TV that much. :laugh: But it really was a perfect way to end a tough workout week and an even tougher workout day.

Tami, I'm glad you like Max Interval Plyo. The moves really are different, and I found they challenged me in different ways. I actually struggle with the one-legged pogo moves in that workout because me on one-leg isn't ever a good thing, but then bending over and jumping up.....yeah, it took some time to get used to that one. I still really have to concentrate on it. But, again, they do get better over time. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip to see Cathe :cry: . I did that a couple of months ago and obviously forgot to post it here. We had some Air Force business pop up on the same weekend, and after about two months of deliberation on my part, I finally decided that I really should be with my husband that weekend. Not an easy decision, but definitely the right decision. So I canceled out. I was and am bummed....but maybe next year.

Laurie, I hear you about needing to keep up with the Insanity workouts. Even though I've been doing Asylum, I was STILL amazed at how tough the Insanity workout was for me this morning. Good job on getting through it! That's a tough one! I'm glad the stretch felt good after. Hope you get your yoga in this weekend. Like I said above, it was much needed for me today. I'm sure it will feel good for you too, especially given your weekend activities.

Erika, sorry to hear you are so busy! Good job getting your workouts in, though.

Lorrie, I hope you 'bumped' us because you're considering joining our group. We'd love to hear from you!

Michelle, hope you are well.

Off to watch the space shuttle launch. I remember watching the first one very well, so I figure I should watch the last one too. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    TGIF Ladies ~ :bigsmile:

Yes, even a short week I still feel the TGIF moments! :ohwell: :laugh: This a.m. was S90 Legs & Ult Ball. Going to head to my favorite Spin class after work! :wink: Favorite instructor teaches Fri. eves. I did find out she is starting up the Strength class I used to go to on Tues evenings so I may start alternating her Tues Strength for Spin on those evenings!

Laurie: Yahoo! :drinker: 3 of us on the Insanity side of workouts …. It’s funny because I was going to ask you yesterday if you thought you might alternate in some Insanity workouts again. Great job. Sounds like it was a good combo for you. I think all of the S90 program has improved my core forsure and definitely on holding planks. Hence my thought of feeling “strong” until I did those side plank push-ups yesterday.

Erica: Yikes! On the crazy busy week. :noway: Hope you get some much needed down time this weekend. Great job getting in the workout last night. Talk to you Monday! :flowerforyou:

Laurel: WOW! :noway: :smile: Great job on the workouts as always! Sounds like an amazing combo and a terrific stretch at the end. I loved the Pogo Jumps a lot actually The action itself reminded me a little bit of the “running man’s” :wink: sort of.
    I’m sorry to hear that about not going to Cathe’s Road Show. :sad: I got to thinking and remember you preparing for that, etc…. Sounds like you made a good sacrifice though to be w/ your hubby and will hopefully be able to attend sometime down the road. :flowerforyou: Hope you enjoyed the space shuttle launch… that’s a great opportunity and another for the memory bank sounds like! Have a great weekend.

Hoping to get in an Insanity Workout (Max Cardio I believe) in the a.m. and then follow it up with our friend Bob for some Yoga tomorrow a.m.

Michelle, hope you are well & you have a good weekend. :smile:

Lorri - We'd love to hear from you! Join us if you’d like. :wink:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Did you get the Sports Conditioning workout? That one is a lot of fun also. Laurie

Hi Laurie ~

I meant to respond to this yesterday and forgot. :wink: Yes I did! I'm looking forward to trying it. :bigsmile: This a.m. I did Max Cardio Conitioning & Cardio Abs, I enjoyed them both.

Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well, I had a nice, relaxing weekend...which was badly needed. We did a lot of fun things with the boys, and the rest of the time was down time. I even took 2 rest days (although did some heavy lifting of bags of rock and lots of splitting/moving of plants, so I consider that my workout!) I am hoping this week slows down a bit, so I can find time to plan a family vacation to Wisconsin Dells! :bigsmile: We have gone 3 out of the last 4 years with the boys, and we're itching to get out there again!

This morning was Cardio Pilates....sorry Ana Caban, but you're off to some lucky recipient. To boring for me! :blushing:

Tami--Fun that your fave instructor is also teaching Strength. That makes me happy when a fave instructor offers more classes!:bigsmile:

Laurel--You go girl--Insanity and Asylum?!?!? :bigsmile: I bet that Yoga felt awesome after those two workouts!!

Michelle--I hope you are surviving the heat. I just saw the temps down in TX, and was feelin' for ya! We just came off a 2 day streak of 90's with dew points in the 70's, and it was miserable. Can't imagine over 100 degrees and humid! :noway:

Laurie--Good Morning. I hope none of our storms from this weekend made it your way. Some of them were really bad (not in my area, but close by)!

On the road again.....will this ever end?!!?
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Dang are my feet sore. :frown: I was able to get in S90 Cardio Challenge on Saturday. Sunda I was just way to tired to get out of bed for yoga. :blushing: This morning I did Pure Strenght Back, Biceps, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. That combo clocks in at 60 min.

Had humid but good weather for our opening day, and apparently almost 10,000 people through the gates on Saturday. The worst thing I saw was a naked newborn crying pathetically in it's stroller yesterday (very high humidity). I wanted to tell the parent to take the poor baby home, but of course we are not allowed to do that. :cry:

Laurel, I'm going to try to sneak an extra yoga into my week. Might be something nice to do before I go to bed tonight. LOL about wanting to kiss Eoin, that is the workout that I should have gotten by butt out of bed for. I lay there thinking about it for way to long. :laugh: Next weekend I will be more motivated, I had been on my feet all day on Saturday.

Tami, Good, I'm glad you got that workout because it is my favorite. :wink: Insanity was a tough, and made me realize that maybe I should at least get one Insanity workout during the week. I'm glad that I got away from them for a while, because I think I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I did one. :wink:

Erika, Right now we are getting some storms, but this weekend was HOT! :frown: Everyone was soaked through their layers of clothing. We go to the Dells every year in the winter, and yes it is a great time. I'm hoping to take the girls on a day trip in August. LOL on someone else having the pleasure of the Ana workout. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

We had a good weekend here. No rain and plenty of sunshine. The humidity even dropped a bit making it a tolerable 90 degrees (or maybe a little more) both days. But today...not so much. The humidity is going back up and so are the temps. Oh, well. It's only supposed to last a couple of days. Got some golf in both days, which was nice. And I've decided to take a bit of a break from Asylum, so yesterday I did Paul Katami's Boot Camp. I love that workout (thanks Erika!). Today with Cathe's Body Max2 Ultra Cardio premix, followed by S90s Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Core Dynamics. All workouts felt really good today.

I think I'm going to take a week from Asylum....and then start the 30 day Asylum/Insanity rotation. :noway: I'm not sure why I feel like doing this now when just two weeks ago I was complaining about having to do a rotation....but there you go. This is, of course, subject to change with my mood. But I think it might be good to get this rotation in while Asylum is still fresh on me AND while I'm doing the S90 weight workout rotation. So....we'll see how it goes.

Tami, glad you are still enjoying your Insanity workouts!! Hope the spinning class was enjoyable on Friday!

Erika, I hope your week calms down a bit so you can plan a vacation. That sounds like fun! Sounds like you've sent your hot temps/high dew points this way. :grumble: Okay, I know it's not your fault. :laugh:

Laurie, a naked baby? In that heat/humidity? I would have had a hard time without saying something, to be honest. I'm not sure what parents are thinking sometimes. Poor thing. Sounds like the first day was a success though! I don't blame you for being tired, especially with the heat. Good to take a day off when your body is telling you to. Love the PS combo!!!

Michelle, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

Nothing too eventful over the weekend but the weather was nice and I got in a few good workouts!
    Sat was Insanity Max Cardio followed by Cardio Abs – Really enjoyed both! Yesterday was Cathe’s Lower Body Blast (the 59 min pre-mix) followed by Tabata Inferno! Took the dogs for walks both evenings and they loved it. This a.m. however no workout …. Hit the snooze button but planning on Turbo Kick tonight right after work which is always a good one! Spinning didn’t end up being quite what I hoped for on Fri. evening My favorite girl had a sub :ohwell: Oh well, I stuck it out anyway and got in a workout eventhough I debated on heading home for a different workout when she wasn’t there.

Erica: Sounds like you had an active weekend with some needed rest after a busy, busy week! Glad to hear your temps have gone down a bit. We are at the highest 82 degrees these days. Tomorrow – Fri is only supposed to be in the 70’s and clouds mixed in. Nice for the weekend though (80 again) Yes, I’m excited for her STRENGTH class. She used to teach it on Thurs evenings but had gone back to school and gave up that class. Plus it is an early class (5:30) which is nice to just hit right after work.

Laurie: Sounds like you had a HOT and long weekend. Hope you get your Yoga in tonight if you’re feeling up to it & your feet are feeling better. I didn’t get my Yoga in on Sat as I had planned. Maybe I’ll get back on the Yoga wagon this week. That’s sad about the poor little naked baby in the stroller, I would have wanted to say something too.

Laurel: You are truly a star! I think the combo of the two programs will be amazing. Good on ya for making that decision and I know you will do it in Laurel fashion of complete success! Golf again, that is becoming an every weekend event just about! That’s so great. I’ve looked on Ebay a few times to see if I might be able to get that there. Sounds like something I would enjoy …… I think!

Hi Michelle – Hope you are doing good and hanging in there w/ some of your temps & humidity!

Talk to you all tomorrow,

Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! An early check-in for me because I'm headed out the door to see a doctor. :grumble: Had a bit of a fall last night on our stairs and, thankfully, it isn't as bad as my last fall on stairs in the house (when I dislocated my shoulder back in 2006). But I did hit my knees pretty good (or bad) and it is stiff and sore this morning. Why can't I hurt myself doing something fun and exciting instead of always tripping on stairs? :mad: Anyhow, I'm going to go have it checked out to make sure it isn't anything serious. I don't think it is, and expect a few days of rest will do the trick. But, needless to say, no workouts for me today (and probably for the rest of the week). :sad: Actually, I'm okay with this. I've been working myself pretty hard, and a few days off may be just what the doctors would order even without the injury. :tongue:

Tami, sounds like a great weekend of workouts. Sorry to hear the spinning class didn't go so well, though. Thanks for your encouragement on the Asylum/Insanity rotation. It is obviously going to have to wait a few weeks, but I'm still keen to try it out. I think you'd love Asylum.

Highs of 100+ today with lots of humidity. No fun. Hoping for cooler weather tomorrow. I'll check-in tomorrow and let you all know what the doctor says. Keep your fingers crossed that it isn't anything too bad!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hello Ladies!! I've been missing all you beautiful ladies! Things have been busy (work busy, not home busy), so it's prevented me from getting the time to read through everyone's posts and comment. But, today is finally slowing down, which is nice!!

This morning my arm got the only workout...hitting the snooze button! :laugh: I've been having a really hard time getting tired at night until around 10 or 10:30, and normally I'm beat and in bed by 9. So, that has made the 5am alarm a bit challenging. I'm thinking I just need to push the alarm to 5:30 or force myself to get in bed at 9. The good thing is that the weather is going to be decent today for a lunchtime power walk, and maybe an afternoon one too. :bigsmile:

So, I had a scary thing happen this morning...I let Lily out to go to the bathroom, and while I was turned around checking on Lexie inside, a hawk swooped down and got about 2 feet from Lily, ready to take her away. I ran out after the hawk and just made all kinds of noise and flailed my arms, and he left. Come to find out, our neighbor noticed that last night (after we were in for the night), the hawk was camped out under our birch trees. I don't know if he's been scoping out the dogs, or the million baby bunnies we have running around our yard. But, now we have to be on high alert, for sure! :grumble:

Laurel--I sure hope your knees are ok. :flowerforyou: I am one of those people that constantly fell when I was pregnant with my boys, and I always had to get to the doctor because it was always on the stairs. :ohwell: Those falls hurt, especially if you fall on your knees or tailbone..mine was always the tailbone! The rest will be good for your body, and hopefully make the Asylum/Insanity rotation that much more exciting when you start it. Hey, this gives you a chance to relax in the A/C with that crappy humid weather you've got!

Tami--Nice workouts, and nice weather you're having too! :bigsmile: I really enjoy the 70's and low 80's. Anything hotter than that (even if it's a dry heat), is just not good for my body. It likes to swell up! :noway:

Laurie--Ooh, that weekend sounds like it was hot and sweaty! :tongue: But, what a great turnout!!! I hope you're gearing up for it all to head your way again! We're supposed to get it on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I'm sure it will be over to you this weekend too. What's with all this up and down crap!??!

Michelle--I hope you're hanging in there with all that heat you've got down there!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a really fun workout combo. I did Legs & Glutes Premix #11 Standing portion, and KCM's 30MTF Kickboxing Punch Mix. Was inspired to include the L&G workout into the rotation, just wanted to avoid the floorwork. :laugh: I don't know why, but that section is not a favorite. :wink: I'm feeling the legs and glutes while I sit here typing.

Laurel, Sorry to hear about the fall on the stairs, that really had to hurt. Time off before you attempt that Insanity/Asylum rotation might be the best option. :wink: Sounds like you had a great workout before hand though. :wink: The baby did have a diaper on, but yes it was naked in heat and sun. :angry: It was using the distress cry, and it just broke my heart. :frown: We are not getting the super high temps, but it sure is humid. I was dripping this morning during my workout.

Tami, Great combo of workouts with the lower body and tabata. Two days in a row I have forgotten to set my alarm, good thing that my internal clock is set. I was surprised that I got up on Monday morning with out the alarm. :wink: Dang on the spin instructor being a sub.

Erika, How scarry about the hawk! Do keep a careful eye on those dogs of yours. Of course we have to live in an area that can either be really cold or really hot. :laugh: We do need the rain though, our lawn is really crispy.

Talk later!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies ~ :smile:

Last night’s TK class went good and this a.m. was Insanity Max Cardio. :wink: Headed to the “new” Strength Class tonight right after work. Looking forward to it. :bigsmile:

Erica: Glad to hear you have a slower day today! :smile: I like your workout this a.m. I did that workout yesterday! :laugh: :blushing: I know for me if I don’t get into bed by 9 or 9:30 for my 4:15 wakeup I can feel the difference. Even if it is 30 min or so. That is so crazy about the hawk trying to swoop down and get little Lily. :noway: YIKES! My grandparents lived on the ocean at one time (when I was a kid) and an eagle tried to literally come through their big glass window to get their little dog that was laying on the back of couch! Thank goodness you made it out there to scare him off. High alert is right! Hope you got in your power walk at work today! :smile:

Laurie: That’s great you had a fun workout combo this a.m. :smile: Remind me which Legs/Glutes PreMix this is? I’m that way too sometimes on the floorwork for legs. Especially if I am pressed for time and want to get in an additional workout. Hope your legs aren’t feeling it too much later today/tomorrow even! :wink: Yes, that was a bummer on the spin instructor. Found out he would be the one for tonight again but since I am going to the Strength class I won’t need to worry about that.

Laurel: Oh No! :noway: :grumble: Sounds like you have been forced into a few days of good rest before your next tough rotation. I am soooooooo sorry to hear about your fall. Very frustrating I’m sure. :grumble: Chin up though, I’m sure you will be good to go very soon. :flowerforyou: Here’s hoping everything checks out ok at the doctor’s office today.

Hi Michelle – Hope you are doing well :smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was KCM's 30MTF Weights Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders. I followed that up with Jillian's Six Week 6-Pack Level 2, really enjoyed this workout a bunch. :wink: Feeling my core right now, because the KCM workout had ab work between the weight circuits. :happy:

Tami, Have a great time at the strength class tonight, will make for a nice change of pace for you. The L&G premix is all the standing work, and then she put in some of the standing work with the ankle weights. It comes out to be about 37 min. with the warm up and stretch. I didn't do the stretch. :wink: Even though you are not doing the whole workout, you still feel the burn. :happy: I liked that it was short and included every part of the leg. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

Half way through the week...I like the sound of that!!! :bigsmile: I ended up getting in 2 walks yesterday...one at lunch with some co-workers and then a nice long one with my youngest DS and pups. My neighbor told me that dang hawk (actually there are 2 now) sat right outside our patio door and was staring at Lexie most of the day (Lexie has free reign of the house, Lily is in a kennel)! :grumble: I guess it swooped down at the neighbors Yorkie during the day, and then when I got home from work, it swooped down at both of the dogs again. I talked to a few neighbors on our walk last night, and others have had the hawk swooping at their little dogs too. Only thing we can figure out is that they are VERY hungry, as I don't think they go after pets, unless they are desperate.

This morning was 10MS Slim and Sculpt Pilates, which I just loved!!! :heart: I'm really liking these lower impact workouts, and especially like the use of the band. I think my body is liking it too, as I'm seeing some really nice (non-bulky) definition! :bigsmile:

Laurie--I :heart: that KCM workout...I need to get that one back on the calendar! I am trying to get through all my DVD's at least once, to confirm which ones I want to keep, and which ones need to go! I bet your core is just burnin! I bet your legs are doing that same after yesterday's workout!

Tami--YAY on TK and then the new Strength clas tonight! :bigsmile: I went to bed at 9:30 last night, and although it was easy to get out of bed at 5, I feel more tired now than I normally do. I'll just have to play around with times to see what works. I do know that I suffer from the tireds if I get too much sleep, and also if I don't get enough. My ideal window seems to be 6.5-8 hours, nothing more, nothing less. I did get in 2 walks yesterday, which was nice. Now, I just have to figure out how to fend off this hawk. My pups are so used to being outside on the leash in the morning for about 1/2 hour, so they aren't quite understanding that when they go out to go to the bathroom, it has to be fast! Ugh!

Good morning Michelle and Laurel!
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Good and bad news from the doc. The good news is that the knee is fine. Just bruised (and a little swollen) but nothing serious. I was sure that was the case, but wanted to have it checked out nonetheless. The bad news....he thinks it probably hurt more than it should because I'm overtraining. :grumble: :blushing: I started asking him about when I could get back to exercise, and one thing led to another, and I started describing my workout regime over the past few months (since he wanted to know if my knee had been acting up before now....which it had) and, well, he thinks I'm a tad 'insane' when it comes to my workouts. :ohwell: Not much of a surprise there. And I couldn't disagree with him. So we talked about other symptoms of overtraining I have (and I have some....not all....but some, and I was aware of that going into the appt....just ignoring them). And he recommended a good week off for the knee. But he recommended a second week off for the overtraining. I'll give it a week and see how I feel. But I must admit it was nice getting out of bed this morning and not having EVERYTHING on my body hurt like it ususally does (until I walk around for about five minutes). So....we'll see. But he says there is nothing wrong with pushing myself, but combining these tough workouts I'm doing with things like long walks (which I'm prone to take everyday) and/or walking a golf course is probably just putting a tad too much stress on my body. So I'm going to have to find a better balance....or at least some balance. :laugh: What can I say? I love being active. But I have to remember....I'm 46, not 26. Sigh.

Erika, glad things are calming down for you at work! Sorry to hear about the pup/hawk situation. That's scary! Those birds can be mean, so it is wise you keep a close eye on them. And I definitely plan on relaxing in the AC. That's the other thing the doctor mentioned....that the heat is probably putting even more stress on my body (like from the walks and golfing) so to take more care with that. So inside I am (except to run to the store) with a book and my feet up for the day. Such luxury!

Tami, hope you enjoy the strength class. Tell us about it. I've never thought about taking a strength class so I'm curious what it is like. I am actually oddly calm and not upset about this break in working out. In fact, it feels kind of good. If I take two weeks off, it will be my longest break in years, and I'm sure my body will say 'thank you'. So I'm looking at the positives! And at least I canceled out of Cathe's Road Trip last May because I'm sure I wouldn't be up to that now, and I would have had to pay the full cost. So.....everything happens for a reason I say.

Laurie, I love Legs and Glutes. I hear you on floorwork as well. I often wonder if I'm doing anything worthwhile when I'm doing it, but then I say to myself 'It hurts, so I must be doing something'. :laugh: But I much prefer standing leg work, that's for sure. Great job on the workouts this morning!

Hope you all enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

The Strength Class was really good. :bigsmile: She tries to pack as much as she can into a short time between the warm-up & cool down/stretch. It is a Full Body workout. Think “TOTAL BODY” pretty straight-forward exercises. Legs (Squats, Lunges, Plie Lunges, Lunges off the step bench) then a short cardio burst. Upper Body – Shoulders, Biceps, Tri’s, push-ups (pretty standard, straight forward moves) then a cardio burst. Abs at the end prior to a 5-min stretch. :wink: It’s a fun class because it is different and offers a little variety plus has a cardio factor as well. We use a loaded barbell & hand weights. It is a nice change to switch it up from Cycling every once and a while forsure.

Depending on DH’s plans tonight I will most likely get in a workout at home this eve. :wink:

Laurie: Sounds like a very fun combo this a.m.! I have GOT to put that KCM on my calendar very soon. :wink: I have been wanting to incorporate some upper body/lower body and full body into my week w/ Insanity (alternating). That might be a great one to include. Thanks for the info on the Legs & Glutes. Is this on the CTX series or Intensity Series? :blushing: :smile: Trying to picture which DVD it is on; I’m thinking I have it . . . may just be a great one to mix in w/ something else on Leg days. I’m glad I’m not the only one that sometimes feels the floorwork portion needs to take a “miss” but like Laurel, I do feel it so it must be working! Just don’t always have the time when I’m mixing in a workout w/ another.

Erika: So glad you and your neighbors are aware of the Hawk and I bet you’re right, he is just very hungry to be that persistent on stalking the poor little dogs for food. :angry: YOWSA. I bet your pups are wondering what’s up with the short visits to the yard. Glad to hear you got in bed just in the right time it sounds. Great job on the walks yesterday and your Slim & Sculpt Pilates this a.m.. :wink: Yahoo that it hit the good list as well! Always fun.

Laurel: So glad to hear it is nothing serious. :smile: On the other hand the overtraining news from the doctor is a bit of bad news I’m sure for you. :ohwell: I know how hard you train and how much you enjoy it. I’m sure that came as a bit of disappointment :sad: but I’m sure as you could hear yourself telling him/her your regiment of workouts out loud you knew what the answer was going to be. :ohwell: A “forced” rest might be just what you need. :wink: Especially if the usual feeling of EVERYTHING hurting on your body is happening each morning. :huh: That’s not a good sign forsure and I’m so happy you are looking at the upside of all of this and taking it in stride – ie: enjoying your day with the feet up and a book! Sounds like a great plan for today and maybe even tomorrow. Good on you. :flowerforyou: Definitely everything happens for a reason and it’s amazing when you see it play out sometimes. Makes those tough decisions not seem so bad on the other side. :flowerforyou: (((HUGS))) I know your rest will pay off and you will be back in action soon. I’m so glad again that you didn’t have a bad injury. Those Low Impact workouts of Cathe’s are right around the corner as well. Maybe a good combo of the Insanity/Asylum w/ the Low Impact series will be a good combo.

Hi Michelle :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a great afternoon & evening!

Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Day 3 in Sacramento for me and the weather is great, mornings low 70's and then mid-80 by the time I get out of class. I did Core Fusion before I left which tends to hit me in those smaller muscles and leaves my glutes sore. Today is Kickmax premix Leg conditioning drills. I bought several of Cathe's digital videos such as Travel fit & MMA Boxing, she also had a 30 percent off coupon so that was a plus.

Erika- Be very careful with those hawks because they will take any opportunity
    Now that they know food is around.

Laurel- Sorry to hear about the forced rest but obviously your joints are ready for a break now. Rest and enjoy but most importantly ...Recover.

Tami- Glad to hear that you enjoyed the strength class.

Laurie- The combo sounds great..are you doing the same style rotation?

Traveling wreaks havoc on everything, water intake, nutrition, sleep patterns and sitting for 8 hrs is brutal:grumble:

Dinner with my group to observe great customer service at this restaurant and then homework. :ohwell:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile:

Just finished up w/ S90 Cardio Challenge :bigsmile: I forgot to mention earlier my a.m. workout was S90 Shoulders/Arms.
    Tomorrow a.m. I have an Insanity workout scheduled.

Michelle: Good to hear from you! Glad to hear that Sacramento is going well and you have some of Cathe's workouts with you! That's awesome. KickMax!! Hope you enjoyed it & the others as well. :smile: Ugh on the "traveling adjustmets" :ohwell: Hang in there & do the best you can .... that's all you can do! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I put my VCR to use this morning and did TaeBo Live Advanced Volume 2, sure do love the music in that one. I didn't get away with not doing floorwork this morning thought. Billy had me getting in all those donkey kicks and hydrants. :noway: I remember the first time I did this workout, I couldn't do all the kicks. :happy: This morning was no problem. :wink:

Erika, Oh my on those hawks, they sure are persistant. I have never had a small dog, so hawks don't usually bother with us. Hopefully they will find enough bunnies and mice to satisfy them soon. Glad to hear that your rotation is working so well for you, sounds like you are enjoying the results also. :wink: I :heart: that KCM weight workout also. I really like the upper body workout the most. She has a ton of premixes on there also, so I might rotate the two upper body workouts (ab / low impact cardio) throughout the summer.

Laurel, I'm thinking that a good rest will do the body a lot of good. Glad to hear that the knee is going to be all right. I'm playing softball today, and last year is when I hurt my hammie. I'm going to take it easy this year and not hit a triple. :laugh: That way i won't have to run so hard. :laugh:

Tami, If you have Kick, Punch & Crunch then you have Legs & Glutes. So it is the Body Blast series. There are a tone of premixes on that DVD, I have never tried the combos of KPC & LG since I have gotten that series. I should try some of those out one of these days. Hmm guess I need to check out my rotation. :laugh: Great Total Body workout, she really works you. :wink:

Michelle, So glad to hear from you today. I was going to give you a shout out on my post. :happy: WTG getting workouts in while you are out of town. I'm thinking of getting some of the workouts in digital, then I can use the workout manager to create some really interesting mixes. :wink: I had to change up the rotation that I was planning, right now this is what I'm doing for the summer:

M: All Upper Body Weights (still planning on using the Pure Strength series on this)
    T: Lower Body Weights / 30 Min. Cardio (S90 or L&G Premix for Legs / Kickboxing for Cardio)
    W: Shoulder & Arm Weights / Abs (S90 & KCM Weights / Jillian & S90 for Abs)
    TH: Cardio (anything that doesn't use weights)
    F: Full Body Weights or Circuits (So far I'm planning on circuit workouts for this with multiple instructors)
    S: Cardio (mostly going for low intensity on this one)
    S: Yoga

This format seems to be the most doable for me. This week has been awsome, so will see how I feel when I get to Sunday. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie