Sharon's coaching thread

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Hi Bumbled! We're all fighting to achieve our goals...join us and know you have a safe and supportive group of similarly focused people to help you. Please tell us a little about you, what you're currently doing for exercise and eating plan, and what you hope to accomplish over the next 90 days.

Welcome!
    Sharon
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Hi! I'm Steph. I'm aiming for a 50-ish pound loss by the end of the year (or sooner!). I'm 5'5 or 5'6 (probably 5'5, but I'm used to saying 5'6... :laugh: ), and 182.5 last I weighed in.

My eating is pretty good (if I do say so myself). I eat far better than anyone in my family, and really, don't even eat what they do most of the time. I have my own cupboard with my own food, although, maybe it's a little heavy on the grains and starches side.

I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I basically do whatever exercise occurs to me. I have Tae Bo, Belly dancing, Yoga and Pilates, T-Tapp, and Aerobics DVDs. I have a gym membership that I haven't been using since I got sick 2 weeks ago. And I occasionally go to cardio fitness classes and zumba.

Shakeology really interests me, but I don't tend to do things that require money from me regularly (hence, my 1 month access to dance classes run last June, and hence the reason I have not hired a personal trainer at the gym yet).

I guess, like LaurieKPhoto, I want to exercise more too. I've always been decent at losing weight by focusing on limiting calories, and eating better, but I really (really) want to gain muscle, and look like I work out. I want to SEE my abs and "guns". When the weather gets nice, I want to train for a 5k, or just be able to run 10 minutes straight. That's be progress!
  • telcochik
    WELCOME TO THE TEAM STEPH!!!!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Ok Gang

What did you do today to get your blood pumping and your eating on track??? I did Turbo Fire 60 with weighted gloves and burned 545 calories according to my Bodybugg. You'll see, if you read my food diary, that I tend to eat the same things over and over again because a) it's easy and b) I know exactly how many calories I will be eating that day.

I've been a bit lax with logging these last couple of days...bad habit! My husband and I are driving to Santa Barbara on Wednesday for a long weekend. Once I get back, my promise to myself is to buckle down and get back to basics...log my food and tighten up my eating. I still want to lose 7 - 10 lbs by June so I need to do what it takes to commit to achieving that goal.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
    Sharon
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Last night my mom gave me 6 chicken breasts because she couldnt cook them in time. I made sugar free apple sauce chicken for my meals for the next few days.

My ceiling should be fixed when I get home so I will be doing the Turbo Jam 20min Fat blaster workout along with Jillian Michaels 6 pack abs.

I also got a deal on spinach $1 per bag. But I was so tired last night I forgot that I left 5oz of it in the steamer and had to throw it out this morning. Note to self: Dont cook past 9PM.
  • telcochik
    Nicole - that is awesome planning. I saw your post last night that your chicken turned out yummy. Would you mind giving me your recipe? Happy to hear your ceiling will be fixed soon!

Sharon

P.S. Love your new profile pic...very cute! :bigsmile:
  • Steph_135
    What did you do today to get your blood pumping and your eating on track???
    I did 30 Day Shred this morning, and I've got a fitness class tonight!
  • telcochik
    Excellent work today Steph!
    Sharon
  • nicolina823
    Nicole - that is awesome planning. I saw your post last night that your chicken turned out yummy. Would you mind giving me your recipe? Happy to hear your ceiling will be fixed soon!

Sharon

P.S. Love your new profile pic...very cute! :bigsmile:

4 frozen chicken breast halves (or thighs)
    1 1/2 cups applesauce
    1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or 1 yellow onion, chopped finely
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    2 garlic cloves minced
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

put it all in a crockpot and cook for 4 hours on high. Serve over jasmine or brown rice.

Thank you. That picture was from the 80's bus night. 30 of us rented out a bus fully tricked out from the 80's with a stripper pole, strobe lights, pac man, the music etc. So much fun! I needed that.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    I did a dance workout with Billy Blanks Jr. It was amazing! I usually will do that every other day. I was going to go to step tonight, but my friend couldn't make it (normally I would go alone, BUT right now I'm going off her membership and can't go without her..)

I've drank about 4 glasses of water, working on my 5th. I've eaten pretty well for the day and I'm going to have turkey burgers and some veggies. I'm also making some whole wheat blueberry muffins! I'm surprised at how well I've done today I like it!
  • telcochik
    You guys are rockin' it out today! So proud of you. If anyone thinks they don't have time to make exercise a habit, read this post from a fellow MFPer (and BB coach)...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/161723-don-t-have-time-to-work-out-really?page=1#posts-2256867

Oh and I posted a new profile pic today so you can all see how FAT I was when I started on this journey and where I am as of last weekend when I finished a 30 day Turbo Fire/Insanity hybrid schedule.

Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    I completed fire 45 and stretch 10 , i am still waiting for my hrm it should be here tomorrow, i can't wait to see how many calories i burn doing a turbo fire workout , tomorrow is HIIT 20 and stretch 10, i can't wait , hope u guys are having a good evening :flowerforyou:
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Today is technically my rest day, as it is my 12 hour shift at work so my workout week starts on Tuesdays! But, I did get in a quick 30 minute walk at lunch. Did pretty well with diet, although still struggling with getting my protein/carb/fat ratios right. I will do awesome on protein but forget to eat carbs...or when I incorporate carbs I don't have as much room for protein! I'm still trying to get that right! Tomorrow is chest/back and ab ripper x for me with P90X, and may do some additional cardio as well! I'm going to try to do double workouts Tues, Thurs, Fri...and then Sat we leave for vacation in Hawaii!!!
  • bk2011
    Oh and I posted a new profile pic today so you can all see how FAT I was when I started on this journey and where I am as of last weekend when I finished a 30 day Turbo Fire/Insanity hybrid schedule.

Sharon

Sharon,
    You have come so far and you look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • telcochik
    Thank you Brittany! Great job getting your walk in. I'll bet you walk more than 10,000 steps during your 12 hour shift! Get a pedometer and track your steps...it all counts as exercise!!!

I'm not sure I told you guys that I am going on vacation Wednesday - Saturday so I'll be MIA. Email me if you need anything at telcochik@yahoo.com

Have a great night!
    Sharon
  • Steph_135
    nicolina... Interesting recipe! I might have to try that today.

p_cakes... Never heard of Billy Blanks Jr., but I had to laugh. Sounds fun.

Thanks for that link Sharon. I love your progress photos! :drinker:
  • bk2011
    Question for those of you that work out in the morning - Do you eat breakfast prior or any sort of protein drink or anything prior to working out? If my little one ever starts sleeping through the night (!!!) I would love to wake up and exercise first thing...just not sure if I will have the energy to really bring it for an hour if I don't have anything in my system. What do you do?!

Typically, we get out of bed at 8am but he starts waking up around 5am usually (on my days off), we eat breakfast, and then I work out about an hour or two later. Then I try to get in an additional workout while he is napping!
  • telcochik
    Morning All! Did Turbo Fire 55 EZ with my weighted gloves this morning...494 calories GONE!!! I'm now sitting here enjoying my yummy breakfast...3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese, carb free peaches, 2 tbs raw chopped pecans, and 1/2 cup Nature's Path Vanilla Almond Flax granola. So good!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!
    Sharon
  • nicolina823
    Question for those of you that work out in the morning - Do you eat breakfast prior or any sort of protein drink or anything prior to working out?

When I'm alive in the morning (Spring & Summer) I do not eat before a workout. Only beacuase I like to see the scale go down .5-1lb lower after my workouts. They are much longer in Spring and Summer.

These days I cant get out of bed so after work it is.
  • nicolina823
    On the Sched for today: CLX Burn 1 and TJ Fat Blaster.

This morning I'll be shoveling more gross wet snow. Thank you freezing rain over night :grumble:
This discussion has been closed.